1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Names You Pronounced Wrong

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Angeltripper, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Lethe

Lethe Fire Trainer.

I pronounced Suicune as soo-ee-sine and Giratina as gir-an-teena, I don't know where the 'n' came from.

2. Oddly, many people do too :p

3. Sorbet

Sorbet Slaying

I pronounced Gyarados as Gary-dos. I actually still do, just because it sounds so much better :p

Oh, and Poochyena -> 'Pook-y-ena'

4. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

You mean....that's not how you say it???
    Crap.

5. Darth Revan

Darth Revan Coming Out!

Blaziken i pronounced Bla-zink-in

6. Nurse Joy

Nurse Joy Well-Known Member

I dont remember, but I bet I pronouns lots of them wrong.

7. Estellise

Estellise peachy

Me too!I though it was Mi-lo-tic as well.Then I watched the show they said My-low-tic.Messed with my childhood :,(

8. Chewiana Jones

Chewiana Jones Dunsparciologist

It's certainly not the only one I've gotten wrong, but the most extreme example would have to be Lugia. After watching Pokemon 2000, and never having seen its name in print, I managed to thing it was "Rukeon."

9. RealRaymon

RealRaymon Good series at last!

I pronounced Sceptile like Skeptile

10. At first I pronounced Rayquaza wrong as "Rhy-ah-quat-za" when I heard it pronounced in the deoxys movie I thought, "Dear God! I really butchered it!"

There was another time when Blaziken was introduced for the first time in the anime and I thought they said Blazicannon.