• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: New Journeys[KANTO]

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
(Just a note: If you're player isn't in Pallet Town yet, make sure you write how they are getting there. If they are already, write the stuff they are doing before it strikes noon and head for the Lab. Our characters will meet up there.)

Ricky sat on the edge of the pier, with a fishing rod in his hand. He had been there for a couple of hours, just waiting for a bite. He yawned.

" Man, I wouldn't even be here right now if I had gone with my friends." He stretched out his arms, letting out another yawn. His mom had told him to get some fresh air, but fishing wasn't what he had in mind.

" Ever since I got that letter from the Head of the Kanto League, mom's been acting pretty excited about me and getting some fresh air and what-not....'

He rummaged through his drawstring bag backpack, and pulled out a granola bar with a picture of chibi-machop on it. He read the wrapper, and ate the bar. Tug, tug....

"Huh?" He looked at his rod and saw it shake and tug a little. " I got something!" He reeled whatever was on the other end, but it was giving a fight. It suddenly pulled Ricky into the water, leaving his belongings still on the pier. He was underwater, and floated back to the surface, gasping for air.

He climbed back onto the pier, soaking wet. " Damn...that thing didn't give up without a fight, that's for sure." He grabbed his stuff and headed for home, to change up. He had to get to Prof. Oak's Lab at noon, so he wanted to make sure he got ready before then. He looked back at the lake before setting off, and saw something shoot out of the water.

Splash!!

It was nearly invisible, but you could see a rough outline of it, as it shot into the sky, towards the clouds. Ricky looked at it, gazingly, wondering what it was. He didn't worry too much about it, but he thought if he tried to find out what it was, he would regret doing it.

--------------

When he got home he saw his mail had arrived. He opened his mailbox, and all he found was the local newpaper. He skimmed through the front page. " Local family attacked by rogue Pokemon....2 died....

He quickly ran inside his house, and saw his mom sitting on the couch watching TV. " Mom! Did you read the paper?!" He handed his mom the paper. She got the paper, and saw that it was wet. She then looked at Ricky.

" What the- What happened to you?! Get changed, right now!"

He sighed a little, and rolled his eyes. " Mom, I know! Just read the paper." He sat down awaiting his mom's response.

" Oh dear...." She closed the Paper after reading it. " Hmmmm....I just hate the government for still sending you kids out on dangerous trips like these..."

Ricky got up, not answering his mom, and walked upstairs to his room, to change his clothes.

While in his room he was thinking about what happened to the family. Just the very thought about it happening to him, scared the hell out of him. He quickly changed and went back down. He saw his mom downstairs. It was almost noon, and it was time for him to go.

" You be careful....and make some friends to stick around with!" His mom said.

Ricky nodded at his mom. " Yea, yea, don't worry about it." He hugged his mom goodbye and went out the door. His sister and grandma weren't home, so he couldn't really say bye to them. As he walked towards the lab, his mom cried out to him:

" Maybe bring back a pretty girl while you're at it!"

He blushed a little, and started to run for the lab, making sure nobody around heard her.

Double-oh-Platypus

[Jasmine Hayes]

Jasmine had never been so scared in all her life, and that was saying something.

There had been the time when she had made it to nationals in skating, the time she auditioned for the school glee club, the time she had been asked to answer a hard math question in front of the class or even the time when her sister, Talia, fell out of that tree and broke her arm.

No, this was more nerve-racking.

It was quarter to twelve and the eleven year old Sunnyshore native was scheduled to meet at Professor Oak's lab at high noon to receive her very first Pokemon. It was terrifying, knowing that in just fifteen minutes she would have a Pokemon to look after, to set her hopes and dreams on. Of course, she had no idea what kind of a Pokemon she would get, but she hoped it would be something good.

Her sister of course, would want something cute. She was starting her Pokemon journey next week back in Sinnoh and had yet to discover what kind of a Pokemon she would receive. The Pokemon Professors were known to switch up their repertoire of available starting Pokemon, and it made Jazzy nervous to think that she could be getting a Pokemon that wasn't one of the standard three.

Still, she wanted something sturdy and dependable, nothing too slow or too hyper-active or too big or too small. She just wanted something that would do well in battles and get her where she needed to go.

It was now five to twelve and Jazzy slung her backpack over her shoulder. She slipped her feet into her shoes and left the house. Her aunt and uncle had gone shopping in Viridian City for the day and weren't able to see her off. Jasmine didn't mind though, she was never good with good-byes.

The air outside brushed her chestnut brown hair back and she inhaled sharply. Today was the first day to the rest of her life.

[End]

By the way, Jegreits, do you still want the list of Pokemon we plan to have? If so, I can PM it to you tomorrow or whenever. ^^

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Genji 'Leaf' Haotake

Genji was pumped, nervous and embarrassed all at the same time. He had originally planned to head off to Viridian straight away, but his brother told him off saying that he had to be properly prepared for any situation, because he just knew.
Genji and his brother made it up stairs to his room, laying out food for Genji and Speckles out on his own bed.

“So, ya’ reckon this is gonna be enough food for my whole journey across Kanto”? Genji said holding a packet of chips, in one hand and a sandwich in the other.

“Ha, no way, you’ll have to be careful of how much you eat, but there are a few dozen inns all around Kanto, not even to mention Poke centres”.

“But wouldn’t that cost, you know money”? Genji said in a sarcastic tone.

“Well, I thought I could lend you a few bucks, since you’ve been taking care of mum all of these years” Kakashi said, being Genji’s older brother and all, he felt like he had to do as much as possible for him.

“Ok how bout’ we get into a couple of basics” and with that Kakashi pulled out a small handbook labeled, The Basics of the World of Pokemon.

Kakashi would question Genji on all the things in the book from, what do you use if your pokemon is paralyzed, to, what is fire weak to.

Genji stood up from his bed,

“Kakashi, I’m not an idiot I know these things” Genji bellowed.

“Well, sorry Mr. I have taken 5 years to get my act together” Kakashi immediately regretted his reply.

The two brothers just stood there in silence. The tense moment was broken by their mother yelling up the stairs to them.

“Genji, your friend is here”.

Genji looked at his brother once more and raced down the stairs to see the small young figure of Shinji, his closest friend.

“Hey Shinji, what’s up”? Genji greeted.

“Oh well you see Leaf, me and the other kids heard you were goin’” Shinji said slightly choked up.

“So we thought it might be good if we got you a present” Shinji pulled out his hands from behind his back to show a bright green bag, with a variety of grass pokemon on it.

Genji was stunned with joy.

“Thank you, so much man, here come on in”

For the next 2 hours, Genji and Shinji talked, played and thought about Genji’s journeys through out Kanto.

“I heard at Celadon, there is a massive Poke Mart with everything” Shinji said holding his arms out wide.

Genji just nodded, he was only half listening he was so nervous about his new journey.

“Genji, sweety come on you gotta’ go to the lab at this time remember” Genji’s mum once again yelling up the stairs.

Genji looked over to his Bulbasaur alarm clock, to see that it was precisely noon.

“Oh, are Shinji, I think I gotta go”

Shinji just nodded.

The pair made their way down stairs.
Genji picked up his new bag, filled with food and money, and heading out the door.

“Leaf aren’t you forgetting something”? Shinji asked.

Genji looked at him confused for a moment, but then realised.

“Oh nuts, Speckles”.

“Don’t worry honey his in your bag”, his mother re-assured him.

Genji gave her a thankful look and left for his new life. He left with goodbyes and cries of Leaf’s fan club song;

When the grass grow high,
Leaf and his followers are nigh,
Traveling with him all day,
They talk, run and play,
It’s Leaf’s gang of leaves!!!

Genji had a slight tear in his eye as he made his way to the lab, trying to look strong and not worried which he was.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Finally, it started! I was wondering when that would happen.
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It couldn't have been a more perfect day in Pallet Town. A light breeze blew about the sunny scene outside Phoebe's bedroom window, and a Pidgey cooed at the house from a nearby branch. But Phoebe was paying no attention. Inside the room, the little cutie pie sat on a hot pink beanbag chair beside her desk, atop which stood many little Pokemon figurines and a dried flower her mum's Oddish had brought her one day. Though she occasionally glanced at these, her eyes were primarily focused on a magazine in her lap, which contained many bright and colourful pictures. This was an edition of the PokeCorral magazine, where Phoebe frequently looked to learn about the world of Pokemon. She had heard about this magazine when one of Professor Oak's aides visited her school and gave a presentation about Pokemon--and also gave away those magazines.

The page Phoebe was currently reading contained a large picture of a Doduo, a Pokemon Phoebe thought looked weird. But the article next to it told of something entirely different: a Pokemon gym in a place called Cerulean City. On the top was a picture of a large building with a playful-looking Pokemon that looked seal-like, and a large sign saying "GYM". The article talked about the "stunning" and "captivating" Cerulean Sisters, who all ran the gym together. But the true leader of the gym was a teenage girl named Misty, who sometimes wandered off on her own Pokemon journey. Misty was also known to have once traveled with Ash Ketchum, the renowned Pokemon League champion, joining up with immature 10-year-old Ash when he stole her bike and crashed it in the mud. At the bottom of the page was an advertisement about a TV show--an anime about Ash's early adventures through the Kanto region. Phoebe thought this sounded like an interesting show, but her friends at school kept saying that it was for babies, and that two characters in it called "Jessie" and "James" looked "gay".

Just then, Phoebe remembered something. Standing up and casting the magazine down upon the chair, she headed over to her desk and opened a cabinet on it. This cabinet was stacked with papers--everything from art projects to old birthday cards to unopened letters to quizzes she got A pluses on in school. Presently she rummaged through this stack, looking for one particular letter she had opened a few months ago. This was a letter from Professor Oak, talking about going on a Pokemon journey. Of course, she received this letter a week before her tenth birthday, but at that time she wasn't really interested in becoming a Pokemon trainer. Thus she put the letter back in the envelope after reading the first paragraph. But where did she put it?

"Oh great," Phoebe grumbled as she struggled to hold up the very bottom of the stack, "I must have thrown it away... now what? Did Professor Oak include some important information about Pokemon in there?"

But it was Mum to the rescue. "Phoebe!" she called. "Come on and have some breakfast before leaving!"

Unable to say no to her favourite pop-tarts and a nice cool glass of milk, Phoebe relieved herself from the heavy paper stack, closed the cabinet, and skipped out of her room and into the sunlit dining room. Her dad was already sitting at the table, a crumb-covered plate and half a glass of orange juice in front of him. When he saw Phoebe, he reached for the remote and turned off the TV on the kitchen counter.

"Good morning, Phoebe," Dad greeted, sounding cheerful as usual yet a little sad. "It's a shame--this will be last time I get to say good morning to you in quite a while! I'm sure gonna miss you. Be sure to call us often, okay?"

Phoebe rolled her eyes--she had heard this at least three times a day for the past few days.
"Oh come on, I'm not Crystal. Of course I'll call!"

Mum giggled, walking toward Phoebe with a glass of milk and a plate of pancakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream.

"But Mom..." Phoebe exclaimed, "...you never make pancakes!"

"It's your last morning here," Mum replied with a smile. "I have to put in the effort this time. Look, it even has a happy face on it."
Mum was right--the whipped cream on top was indeed in the shape of a happy face. It was Phoebe's turn to giggle.

"So, Phoebe," Mum began, sitting down at the table and placing another plate of pancakes in front of herself, "I know you're excited about your Pokemon journey, hm? You know, I heard Professor Oak has a knack of finding just the right Pokemon for new trainers. So I'm sure you'll be pleased with whichever one you'll get. Oh, and speaking of which, after you get your first Pokemon, why don't you come back here and show it to us?"

"Naw, naw," Dad interrupted. "Come on, you're talking about Phoebe here. I know her enough to tell that when she gets that Pokemon, she'll be so occupied with it that she'll want to head toward Viridian City right away. Well, Phoebe, that's what you got your cell phone for. If you don't come here afterwards, how about you just take a picture of it and send it to us?"

"Oh, and we'd love to see pictures of the other places you're gonna visit," Mum added.

"OK!" Phoebe answered. "Sure, I can do that!"

"And remember," Dad added, "be sure to always travel with a buddy. You're good at making friends, so I'm sure that won't be too hard for you. I bet lots of children just like you are itching to start their journeys as well."

The conversation about the expectations of a Pokemon journey continued on for a while, but soon enough breakfast took over, and Dad found himself talking to the air. Feeling rather bored, he turned the TV back on. The news was on as usual, and the screen showed the front of Professor Oak's lab. A reporter stood in front of the gate and spoke on the subject...

"...and Squirtle. But just recently, Professor Oak has decided to try something new: instead of giving the children a choice of only three Pokemon, he started giving one of many different Pokemon to new trainers, based on their personalities and interests. I have no idea how the Professor gathers such information, but it has proven to be very successful in the past few years. Let's have an interview from a trainer who received a Pokemon last year, who volunteered to help the new trainers out this morning. Take it away, Joseph."

A young boy walked forward, and the reporter pointed the microphone at him. Phoebe turned around and saw that the boy had a Shinx.
"Well, I can say I was surprised! I think Shinx isn't native to Kanto--I think it's from a different region. But somehow, Professor Oak decided to give me one, and he and I are getting along pretty well. He enjoys tackling me, just for fun, as well as purring in my ear, but I think things will turn out well for us. He isn't the best battler yet, but I'm hoping we'll make some progress before taking on the first gym."

After breakfast was over, Phoebe walked over to the couch, upon which her backpack sat. She had spent quite a bit of time the night before packing it, checking twice her list of things to bring. Her cell phone, some earphones, a jacket, sweatpants, a blanket, a Teddiursa plushie, a toothbrush and other toiletries, a small amount of money... all this was stuffed into her baby blue backpack. While she put it on, her parents said their final farewells, holding hands and gazing with small smiles as Phoebe closed the door behind them.

The streets of Pallet Town were oddly quiet. Perhaps it was because not many people liked mornings? Perhaps it was because hardly anyone liked to be early? Phoebe still had half an hour before the meeting with Professor Oak began, but still she was anxious to hurry to the lab. She walked with a bounce in her step, in as long a stride as her little legs would allow. Occasionally she saw a person working in the yard or a couple of three-year-olds playing ball, but she gave little more than a casual wave or hello as she moved onward. One young girl waved hello from her window as Phoebe passed--this was Phoebe's friend Milly, who used to sit right next to her in school.

"Good luck on your journey!" Milly shouted as Phoebe started to walk away. Phoebe couldn't help but smile back at the sweet girl with rosy cheeks and a blue ribbon in her hair.

Finally Phoebe saw the front of Professor Oak's lab, the little building on the hill with a windmill nearby, and the gate in front which she saw on the news earlier. The crowds were beginning to disintegrate as she got closer, and the reporters and camera men were already gone, as well as the boy with the Shinx. In fact, no Pokemon were in sight, save for a flock of Pidgey flying high above. Excitement grew with every step Phoebe took, and soon she would meet the Professor, and receive her Pokemon, and start her journey...

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
"Come on! Just one more hit and I've got him!" A young boy cried out enthusiastically, using a white, remote-like controller to guide his heroic avatar. On the tv screen in front of him, an 8-bit sprite of a plumber was evading fireballs being shot at him by a creature resembling a blastoise crossed with a charizard. He was on the final level of his game, about to defeat the evil Bowser to save Princess Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom. Unfortunately, he slipped up. A stray fireball struck the plumber. A tone played, and the sprite fell to the bottom of the screen.

"NO! I ALMOST HAD HIM!" The boy dressed in a black V-neck tee cried in frustration, hands falling to the sides of his silver shorts and letting the remote clatter to the floor. "I don't get it! The boss is supposed to be the easy part in these games! Ugh!"

The boy was Taichi Sugimori, the infamous punk of the local Pokemon Academy. He was eleven years old, with brilliant golden hair with a wild nature. Most girls and boys his age would already be at school gaining an education, but Tai wasn't interested. Rather, his interests lied solely in Pokemon and video games.

"Tai! Tai get down here sweetie!" Tai's mom yelled with a sweet tone up to her son.

Shortly after his defeat, the tv showed a black screen which displayed his remaining lives. 57 in total. Rather than continuing, though, the boy checked the Final Fantasy clock on his dresser and let out a sigh.

Crap!” The boy swore under his breath, jumping into his closet. He hurriedly put on his signature red jacket with a white collar and black sleeves. The jacket had a nice white trimming circling the bottom of it, the zipper line was white as well and zipped up to a little below his collar bone showing a bit of his black v-neck. He quickly put on his black jeans and some red white-bottom slip on shoes. The boy quickly slipped on two black wristbands then hurtled down the stairs, two at a time.

He stepped onto the tile of his kitchen as his mother attacked him with a bear hug.

"Oh, my Tai!! I can't bear to let you leave!" His mother screeched, tears at the corners of her eyes. Tai desperately clawed his way out of his mother's grasps and chuckled. His mother was a delicate one, pretty and fragile around her early thirties indicated by her full head of brown hair.

"I'll be fine mom! I promise." Tai raised his hand in a solemn oath fashion. His mother tearing up, but smiling nonetheless. Her house helper waddled by, a healthy Ivysaur. She poured a bit of food into his dish and looked up at Tai,

"Your father would be so proud." Tai's mom said in a soft tone, Tai smiled.

"Oh Tai...here. I bought you some supplies for your trip, I already packed them for you. Some Potions, Antidotes, Pokeballs, those mountains of candy you wanted me to pick up and I also packed your toothbrush and some extra boxers." Tai almost chocked on his orange juice and quickly grabbed his gray bag and slung it over his head, its single strap fitting nicely against his chest.

"Well mom, I'm off. Don't want to be late to get my Pokemon, that'll leave a bad impression for the Professor." Tai smiled as he finished the last of his sandwich and chugged his orange juice. His mother smiled and hugged him one last time,

"Please call me once you get to Viridian, I just want to make sure you're okay." Tai nodded and walked towards the door.

"Love you mom! Bye Ivysaur!" Tai yelled out before putting on his hat and dashing out of the door.

Tai walked down the ribbon of yellow dirt that led down Pallet Town, the local market place was deserted. The cold air wrapped around Tai's body without mercy, it seemed not many people liked the morning.

"When I left it was 11:45. I should be there by now, Prof. Oak's lab is too far away!!" Tai whined, he tends to get upset when he hasn't eaten candy for awhile.

He pulled out a spongy candy and bit down into it, when a tall spire of Prof. Oak's laboratory poked out of the large hill that led to it.

"Yes, there it is!" Tai charged up the hill and stopped outside of the picket fence, he looked at the sign.

Prof. Oak's Research Facility

The beginning of his new life...

tumbleweed93

Is on the case!
Rio and his elder brother Owen touched down to the soft Pallet Town grass, riding on the back of Owen's Dragonite. The flight had been quick, which Rio was quite glad of; he had never gotten used to flying on a pokemon. Dragonite was friendly though, and his brother had great control of his pokemon so he knew he needn't be worried. But falling off from that high up...the thought made his stomach lurch. If he was going to go on this adventure he'd have to get braver.

Owen smiled as his little brother leapt down to the ground, then picked himself up and dusted off his jeans, while making sure his MP3 was still in one piece. He shrugged his satchel up his shoulder, wiped his fringe out of his eyes and turned around to face his brother.

Owen had curly brown hair and a bristly moustache and chin style thing going on. His one ear was pierced with a blue topaz, like the one on Rio's choker. Owen smiled and ruffled his younger brother's hair affectionately. He found it hard to believe Rio was this old already, but was glad his brother would get to really experience the pokemon world. "Don't forget this Rio!" Owen said as he tossed him his phone. "Be sure to call, okay? I'll be in kanto taking part in some contests." Rio nodded. "I'm gonna miss you kiddo" Owen sniffed.

Rio waved his brother off and sniffed a little, he was sad to see his brother leaving but knew he'd see him again. When he was little and Owen left for this first time, he thought he'd never come back. Now Rio was going on an adventure himself. He swallowed nervously and headed towards Oak's lab, which was still a way off. He checked everything over, his satchel contents, his MP3, his clothes, everything. Then he plucked up the courage to get going. He turned on his MP3 and nervously began.

As he walked along he wondered what he'd choose as his starter pokemon. His MP3 headphone was in his right ear, the music helping him keep up a good healthy pace. Before he knew it, the Lab was right in front of him. Rio smiled, full of excitement. His journey was about to actually begin! He knocked on the door hesitantly...

- Dammy Zephryia Trayce -

"Mah name izzz... Shakezula, the mike rula, the old schoola-", the robust entertainer sang, waving his imaginary microphone in the air, before pointing it at the bus driver, who deadpanned. Dammy crossed his arms, clearly infuriated that the bus driver had no clue upon what he was hinting at. He huffed and looked back at the passengers of the bus.

"Who wants to hear a joke?", he said. They glared, and Dammy took that as his cue to sit down. He shrank into his chair. "Tough crowd."
---

With a kick and a thud, he rolled to his feet from his stop. "Aaah, Pallet Town. The land of the free and free of land.", he sniffed the air and took his first step into what would become a leap of faith.

Garmeil

Gale would lay on his stomach at the end of his bed with tiny little notepad in his hand. He was staring with the television with an enthusiastic face as he jotted down notes. On the television screen was a gengar facing a nidoran in a pokemon battle. He grinned, “The classic battle! I never get tired of watc-.” He stopped mid sentence as the screen went fuzzy on his television. He twitched a coupled seconds as the fuzzy sound drowned out the knocking of his mom on his door. She walked in any way with a tray of food on it. Gale jumped out of his bed, startled at the new arrival, “Mom! Don’t scare me like that!”

“I’m sorry dear, I was just bringing you food,” she looked down at the floor innocently trying to give her son the guilt trip as she continued her sentence, “You’ll need it since you’re going on this long, J-…J-j-j-j-jjj…” He began to tear up as she began to feel the actual pain of her departing son. She clinched he jaw tightly trying to hold in tears.

Gale got up, confused that she was actually crying. He walked to his mom and patted her on the shoulder, “Mom, I’m so sor-.”

Gale’s mom would then throw the tray to the ground and snatch out off his hands, the tablet he was writing on. She quickly turned the opposite direction of Gale as he tried to snatch it back. She held it up to the light to keep it away from her son in time to read it. “Bell-…Sprout…Vile-…Ploon?” She turned around quickly to her son and put the pad behind her back and gasped, looking at him. “First of all… You have terrible hand writing! And second… You’re writing down the ingredients of a poison, aren’t you!? Trying to do away with your own mom!?” She put the back of he hand up to her forehead as if to say, “O’ woith me!”

“Now, that’s not it at all mom! That’s the list of pokemon I want!”

His mom flips through the page and numbers them, “Wait! You want 463!? You think you can get all those!?” She falls on the floor laughing hysterically. Obviously she wasn’t like other moms.

Gale picked up the tablet and brushed it off look at his mom, “That’s my goal, and it’s not out of reach. I took out all of the legendary Pokémon so all the rest of these are obtainable. You aren’t a very supportive mom, you know that?” He looked away and walked over to fiddle with his T.V. to try and make it work again.

His mom got up and went over to her son and kneeled beside him patting him on the shoulder, “I’m sorry son, I just don’t understand what you hope to obtain with collecting pokemon just to make them fight for your amusement and personal gain.”

Gale snapped around and looked at his mother sternly, “Mom! It’s nothing like that at all! I want to be there friends!” As his mom tries to talk again he continues, “They battle with us because they want to, because they trust us! Just watch!” He turned around and pressed a single button and retreated to sit on his bed leaving his mother to watch the video.

The show was called “Pocket monsters, a legacy of friendship.” It was a new show on the Newvle channel about the most famous trainers and their journeys. This particular episode was about a trainer named red, the most popular and inspiring stories of most of them. It was 20 minutes into the program as his mom turned around to find her son. He was already gone without any form of good bye other than a note on his bed to his mom. She was so mesmerized by the show she didn’t notice he left. She tiered up knowing that her son would be gone for a while. Fortunately she seemed to have accepted the fact that her son would someday be the next “Red”.

Gale jogged past a variety of Pokémon as he made his way to the lab. He’d been up and down the route to Pallet town many times before so it wasn’t long before he was close to the “Welcome to Pallet” sign. He saw the lab in the distance and stopped to look at the locket around his neck to see a small picture fitted in the little space. It matched up with his view, the obsquered photo showed an old guy with a little green creature sitting on his shoulder. The photograph was so destroyed that he couldn’t make out the identity of the Pokémon on the man’s shoulder, but was for sure that the old dude was his grandfather.

He squeezed close the locket and walked at a steady pace to the lab absorbing the significance of the journey that he was about to embark on.

OOC: I really hope this RP doesn’t die, I’m kind of looking forward to it. Oops, hope I didn’t “jynx” it xD. Yes I made a Pokémon pun, sue me. Actually, please don’t sue me!..... On second thought just sue me… *Knock on wood*

GalladeX

OOC: I'm guessing I should post here. x)

Yuki

"Well, Psyduck. Looks like this is it," Yuki said quietly, glancing at the "Welcome to Viridian City!" sign at the start of the town. He had already said his goodbyes to his parents. While Yuki was excited to start his journey, but at the same time was sad. Now that he left his parents, all that he had was Psyduck. Yuki received special permission to already have his starter Pokemon, and just went to Pallet Town to pick up his License.

"Well it's not like any of the other kids were cool. I guess this alone time will be enjoyable," Yuki mumbled, while Psyduck looked at him impatiently. "Okay, let's go," Yuki finally gave up.

Yuki was wearing his black hoodie, with a skull on the back. He jogged down the side of a hill, and began walking briskly to Pallet Town. After two hours or so, he bent down. He opened his pack and gave him and Psyduck each a Granola bar. Yuki could almost see Pallet Town. It would only be another hour and a half till he reached their.

Psyduck didn't want to walk anymore, and plopped onto Yuki's head. "Psyduck, I really don't want to look like a freak infront of these people." Psyduck relunctantly dropped down into his shoulder. "I'm not freaking Ash Ketchum! Get off!" Yuki yelled, and pulled Psyduck into his arms. They were at Pallet Town by now. Yuki saw the Proffessor's labratory. He also saw people. At least eight of them. Well this is fantastic, he thought bitterly, more people.

"Oh well," Yuki mumbled. They better not get in my way. He then preceded to drag himself to the labratory, and open the door...

Done

OOC: So, you want our future Team's PM'd to you?

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Inside Oak's Lab....

Ricky had already made it to Oak's lab, but he wasn't anywhere in sight. Instead his assistant was taking his place. Ricky sat on a long bench within the lab, and had only been waiting for about 5 minutes, for the others to come.

knock,knock!

Oak's assistant, Dale, trekked towards the door, turning the knob, revealing a small group of kids waiting by the door. " Come on in!" He wlecomed them in, and pointed at Ricky, signaling them to sit at the bench also. He left the door open, just in case anyone else came.

" While I sort things out, you kids can go introduce yourselves in the meantime." With that said, he walked off.

Ricky of course was waiting for the others to introduce themselves first, but he decided he should go. " I'm Ricky.." He smiled a little, and waved, waiting for a reply.

(Just a note, once everyone has introduced, we'll get our Pokemon)

Double-oh-Platypus

[Jasmine Hayes]

Jasmine saw a boy up ahead enter the lab and she hurried up so that she slipped in the door right behind him.

The lab was smaller than she expected, crammed mostly with other kids. She glanced around nervously and managed to squeeze herself into one of the last seats available.

The boy she had black hair and was quite tall, or at least, much taller than Jazzy. He was also older than her, by at least three or four years, like many of the other people crammed into the lab. Jazzy figured she was probably one of the youngest there.

She hung back from the crowd, twisting a strand of her chestnut brown hair between her fingers. Did she really have to make friends with some of the people there? All she really wanted was her Pokemon and to get going.

tumbleweed93

Is on the case!
Rio switched off his MP3 and sat down nervously, but smiling. "I'm Rio" he mumbled, then blushed and faced forward. He thought that he'd probably made a rubbish first impression. He swallowed and calmed down, then began to think of what pokemon he might receive. He looked around the room to see the others. Some of them were looking nervous but Rio saw one boy, the one who had introduced himself, who was beaming. Rio smiled back and turned away again. He should be more brave, he thought and sighed.

He was getting excited now, he wanted to get started on his journey ASAP. He started to smile and realised the others might be thinking weirdly of him. Now though, he didn't care what anybody thought of him...he just hoped his new pokemon would like him!

Dammy ran towards the lab, jumping over bushes and rolling over the low branches that made the edge of the pathway. In his mind, the theme to "Mission Impossible" could be heard. As he neared the lab, he broke into full sprint and launched at the sliding doors. Unfortunately, they seemed to be slower than he was. With a "SMACK!" and a thud, his head reeled as the door opened to reveal several other aspiring trainers. Though it may have seemed like many more because of his temporary brain scramble at the time.

"Ehem.", he grunted, whipping himself up from the floor. "I have arrived!", he said, posing as imaginary diva lights filled the room, spotlights shining upon him. He grinned a toothy grin and stared at his 'competition'. "To-be adventurers of Pallet Town... it's a pleasure to meet you all, it truly is.", he said, gushing out tears of joy. Of course, he never took the time to step away from the doors, which then closed in on his cheeks.

"Hmmm, lil hmmph?", he managed to mutter.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Ah, the benefits of having a social character. Time to make the oddballs feel not so odd.
IC:

"Yay!" Phoebe exclaimed as a lab assistant opened the door to the building. She started to run up the hill, shooting dirty looks at the teenagers darting past her with little effort. One boy who was even chubbier than she was managed to run up the hill faster than she could. Phoebe even tripped on a tree root as she ran, having paid too much attention to the boy and not enough to where she was going. Fortunately, though, she managed to break her fall with her hands, thus avoiding getting her shirt dirty.

Panting, Phoebe finally made it to the door, where the boy from before had gotten himself stuck in the doorway. Smiling and giggling a little bit, she walked up behind the boy and stomped her foot on the ground. The door opened, and she extended her hand to help the boy up.

"Are you anxious to get your Pokemon too?" Phoebe asked him. "Maybe you're a little too anxious. How are you able to run so fast anyway? Hee hee, and wow, you remind me of one of those waiters at fancy restaurants during happy hour."

Indeed he did--Dammy reminded Phoebe of a cartoon character in a TV show Phoebe used to watch when she was younger. This character was indeed a waiter in a fancy restaurant, who always had a bright smile on his face. He was a terrible server, but never failed to entertain the guests--often times he would be more of a spectacle than whoever was performing on the stage in the middle of the restaurant. He also had a habit of frequently embarrassing himself in a funny way, as Dammy was now doing.

After that fun little episode, a while passed, and Phoebe was inside the lab with a few other new trainers. She paid no attention to the two teenage boys, one with black hair and the other with green hair and earphones in one ear. Though she happened to meet their gaze for a short while, she quickly looked away, seeing as they were already starting up a conversation amongst themselves. Typical boys, Phoebe figured. Besides Dammy and one of Oak's aides, the only other person in the room was a girl about Phoebe's age, who was clearly shying away from the others. But Phoebe would not let this girl be isolated. Walking up to her with a smile on her face, Phoebe introduced herself.

"Hello there," she greeted in her usual cute and friendly manner. "Do those boys there give you the creepies as well? Well anyways, I'm Phoebe, and I'm here to start my Pokemon journey. Are you starting yours as well? What Pokemon are you hoping to get?"

Jasmine looked like one of those little "soccer girls" Phoebe encountered quite often in school. Some of those girls were very friendly and talked in a very excited manner, some were like drama queens but still interesting to talk to, and some were so stuck-up and obsessed with winning tournaments that they had few friends. Jasmine didn't seem like much of a friendly type, but Phoebe figured a good try at a conversation wouldn't hurt.

Double-oh-Platypus

[Jasmine Hayes]

Slowly, some of the other children in the lab began mingling with each other. Jasmine watched as a few attempted to make conversation, but as everyone appeared to be different ages, it was getting tough. No fifteen year-olds would want to talk to a ten year-old, would they?

The door opened again and another girl slipped inside. She sort of reminded Jazzy of the teapot song: shorter and stouter. Though the girl wasn't over-weight, it was apparent that she could manage her eating habits a little better, but still looked able to move. She had straight, strawberry-blonde hair that swept its way down her back. She glanced around the lab once, caught sight of Jazzy and bounced over.

Oh great, the skater thought to herself. Here we go.

"Hello there," she said to Jasmine "Do those boys there give you the creepies as well? Well anyways, I'm Phoebe, and I'm here to start my Pokemon journey. Are you starting yours as well? What Pokemon are you hoping to get?"

It took Jazzy a moment to process everything Phoebe had just said. Did she really just ask three questions and introduce herself in the span of like, ten seconds?

"Hi," Jasmine murmured back. "I'm Jasmine." She chose to ignore the first of Phoebe's questions and plowed on. "Yeah, I'm here to start my journey, but I don't really know what kind of Pokemon I'll get. I don't really mind, actually."

It was true though. Jazzy hadn't really given much thought to the kinds of Pokemon that she could have. She knew that certain species were limited to the region of Kanto, but as for the Pokemon she could have starting out? She wasn't too sure what the professor had planned.

"Um, what kind of Pokemon do you hope to get?" Jazzy asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

GalladeX

Yuki

Yuki was leaning against a wall, listening to his iPod, and watching all the kids mingle. Then he heard a lyric that wasn't normally in Three Day's Grace's Animal I Have Become
It was: "To-be adventurers of Pallet Town... it's a pleasure to meet you all, it truly is"
Yuki stared at the kid as he got his cheeks caught in the sliding door.
"So...this is my steep competition, then?" Yuki mumbled to nobody in particular.
Some 14-year-old-ish-kid stood next to him and started blathering. Yuki gave him a death glare, and shuffled off to lean against a wall, near some kid named Jasmine.
I must be the creepy boy, he thought dryly.
The playlist shifted to Celebrity Status by Marianas Trench.

Done.

OOC: Wow. Irony. Just found out Yuki is also synonymous to "happy child".

Dammy couldn't even answer her questions with reasonable answers. "I'm just so happy to- gah, you foolish doors! Teaming up on me like that! I challenge you to a d-d-d-d-d...", he ranted, but his verbal fit died down as he slowly turned back to the girl who opened the doors for him. He whipped his head back at the doors, glaring at them before running to her.

"Thank you for saving my life. Those doors would have surely been the end of me, had you not come along and smash their spirit with your might. I am eternally grateful, and I shall follow you to the ends of the earth till I repay my debt.", he proclaimed, shounen-like tears pouring from his face. He then turned to Jasmine.

"I am Dammy. Do you like doors?"

tumbleweed93

Is on the case!
Rio got up, he was getting too excited to keep sitting. He thought maybe he should talk to someone, but who? Everyone seemed older than he was. He scanned around the room to seek someone of his age. He spotted one young girl, who seemed to be surrounded by the others. There was a spare place near her. She looked about ten years old. A year difference? Not too much of an age gap really...

"You mind if I sit here?" Rio asked Jasmine. "Sure" she replied. Rio smiled gratefully and sat himself down. "I'm Rio by the way. Nice to meet you" he said to the girl and the other girl sitting next to her.

"And you two are?"

Double-oh-Platypus

[Jasmine Hayes]

"I am Dammy. Do you like doors?" asked one boy, who seemed to be slightly hyper active. Another boy ventured across the room towards them and paused at the outskirts of their circle. Finally, he slipped in and plopped down in the seat next to hers.

"Mind if I sit here?" he asked.

"Sure, go for it," Jazzy replied, standing and pushing her way through the others. "'Scuse me," she mumbled as she moved past them. She moved towards the window, gazing out it. When would they get their Pokemon? The thought of possibly mingling any longer than she had to with these people was an accursed thought. It had been bad enough with Phoebe, but now two other people?

Sighing, Jasmine sank to the floor and hugged her knees to her chest. She wished she was a bit more social so she would be more comfortable in the group she had just left, but that wasn't really her. Her sister, Talia, was the one to go to for all the fun, social energy.

[End]

Sorry, but I was just getting a little too crowded :\