• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
^ I get you

I also just remembered calling my Pikachu "SuperMario". Don't know why, don't ask me xD

bigguy99

SS+Cyndaquil=PwN!
Well, in my current LG file, I've nicknamed the Pokemon I used on my team. They are:
Ivysaur- Larz
Beedrill- Hanz
Farfetch'd- Ch'ding (traded one...)
Dodrio- Hydra
Jolteon- Lynx
Dewgong- Marco

In a previous FR file, my team-members were named:
Charizard- Inu-Yasha (stupid phase I was in at the time..... SHUT UP!!!)
Hitmonlee- Rock-Lee
Tyranitar- Dino-Shell
Vaporeon- Aqua-Lion
Raichu- ........ can't remember............... huh.
Porygon2- Virtual2 (The originality! It burns!)

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
Charizard~ (shiny) Hellfire and Trogdor.
Blazicken~ Rainofpain
Articuno~ (shiny) FlashFreeze
Lugia~ (shiny) RedTide

manoflego

I dont name my pokemon, but my friend would go down the alphabet and make a name: A=Alex, B=Bobby etc

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Starshine the Blaziken
Zelda the Gardevoir
Meeko the Linoone
Niji the Beautifly
Umi the Gyarados

and many more

I like to name my Pokemon after other Pokemon (in all caps, too).

It's always fun to have something evolve and then see "Congratulations! Your ELECTABUZZ has evolved into STARMIE!"
:'D

In my Emerald Party right now, I have:
LOL- Swampert
PIDGEOTTO- Minun
RAPIDASH- Swellow
ELECTABUZZ- Staryu
JYNX- Zigzagoon
HERACROSS- Shuppet

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i have a swampert nicked froggy in my saphire at the moment.
i know the name sucks but i just had to do it.

EmeraldLeafBlade

I always nickname my Pokemon.
When I was 11 and got LeafGreen, I gave my Pokemon names like this...

Blastopise - Squirt
Flareon - Flare
Vaporeon - Aqua

Yes, I know. Now usually I give my Pokemon Japanese names or names based on the Pokemon (Flamestar for Torchic, for example).

I have a female ninetales. I called it lady tailes. >;038; nobody laugh.

I called my Ludicolo Rainy
I also named my Swampert Swampy, but then i changed it before i transfered it to pearl
I have nicknamed alot of other pokemon, but i think i deleted them whe i restarted my game

Raptor ruler

I once named all of my Pokemon after guys from the prince of tennis manga (I liked it)

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
Here's just a few names I've nicknamed my poke's.
Gyarados - Magic
Nincada - Slave(Ofcourse)
Blaziken - Mr. Singe. Haha
Swablu - Cloud Nine

Pylraster

Dragonite Trainer
I named all my pokemon after absolutely awesome things from Final Fantasy 12.
Charizard- Pylraster (a dragon you have to kill for a mark hunt whom is one of the hardest hunts you have to do)
Dragonite- Yiazmat (after the Yiazmart who is the greatest most annoying thing in the game who took me 3 hours to beat and is unnecessarily harder than the final boss of the game.)
Rhydon- Gabranth (after Judge Gabrant.. he has a cool name and is the hardest judge to beat. And he duel wields swords which is pretty cool)
Lapras- Ultima (I couldnt think of anything from the game that would fit a lapras so i just chose ultima which is the name of one of the best summons in the game)
and Scyther- Reaper (was going to make it Death Scythe but it wouldnt fit... and Scythers kinda like the grim reaper with his Scythe arms.)

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
1) I had a Crobat named Myst. It sounded like a good nickname for a Pokemon who enfeebles one's opponents. Yes, I used her in the Battle Palace (with little success).

2) I had a Gardevoir name Athen. He was supposed to be a girl, but he ended up being a dude. I used him for the Smart Contest. It comes from the name Athena...

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Back when I first played my Sapphire, I had only two of my pokemon that had nicknames. I named my Altaria "Fluffy" and my Castform "Angel." But looking back then, the nicks were just...idk suckish :/

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I named my Drowzee in my Fire Red "StretchedNose".

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I named my Drowzee in my Fire Red "Stretchy".

Status
Not open for further replies.