• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon OCD

NeedsAName

I like to ALWAYS have 10+ quick balls and 30+ ultra balls in my bag in case I find a random shiny! Still haven't ever found a shiny in þe wild (outside of Ultra Space), but it's certainly helped me wiþ some rarer and more annoying encounters like Dunsparce or Castform!

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Well lets see my starter Pokemon must always be at least 4 levels higher than my other Pokemon before they reach level 100. I don't know why I'm picky about that I just am. Also I always like to have a minimum of at least 40 copies of each healing item and Pokeball in my bag.
It irritates me if any member of my team is a higher level than my starter; if it happens I will grind until my starter has a 3 lv buffer so that it doesn't happen again. It doesn't apply if my team was bred for a second playthrough though however. That teams levels are all over the place.

I won't use any PP restoring items (ether, elixir, leppa berry, etc...) until I reach the elite four. Max Revives either. I've been doing this since gen 1, however, after gen 5 the games became progressively easier; so by the time I make it to the elite four I'm usually overleveled and one shot most of the pokemon. I still do this out of habit, Cynthia reinforced the idea that you don't want to run out of PP when Garchomp is in the red. @_@

TwilightBlade

I used to hate leaving my Pokemon at the day care centers to breed in the older games because they would gain experience points and sometimes level up and I hated that.

I don't want my Pokemon to have experience unless I use them on my main teams. Thankfully in generation 7 leaving Pokemon at the nursery doesn't increase their experience. :]

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I'm very particular about which kinds of Balls I capture my Pokemon in, especially the ones that I'll have on my main teams. I try to use Balls that match each individual Pokemon's color patterns.
And here I thought that was just me, I also have that habit. My OCD gets irritated when I see a Pokemon in a Pokeball that's not colour-coded to their design.

Monox D. I-Fly

I like to ALWAYS have 10+ quick balls and 30+ ultra balls in my bag in case I find a random shiny! Still haven't ever found a shiny in þe wild (outside of Ultra Space), but it's certainly helped me wiþ some rarer and more annoying encounters like Dunsparce or Castform!
Seems you also have an OCD to replace any "th" with the symbol "þ".

Another member here has the OCD of writing the Pokemon's original (Japanese) name before putting its international (English) name in parenthesis.

Another keeps writing Pokemon as PokEmon with capital E to emphasize that the letter "e" is supposedly written differently.

I myself have a tendency to show that I am actually more a Digimon fan than a Pokemon fan.

Last edited:

amoebo

amoeboVGC
When teambuilding I try to have at the very least no overlapping primary type across my team. However, ideally I have 0 overlapping types, 3 different speed tiers (fast medium slow), 3 3 stage pokemon, 2 2 stage pokemon, a solo pokemon, and a F/W/G type trio.