• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon of the Year Award 2009

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
What do you think the 2009 Pokemon of the Year would be? I think it should be either Arceus, Lugia, or Ho-oh. Arceus because of its movie, and Lugia and Ho-oh because of HeartGold/SoulSilver.

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
Bidoof, because it's so annoying.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Arceus, for its revelation according to NoJ/NoA, it's use in HG/SS, and for its movie.

Honorable mentions go to Gliscor, for being a good sport.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
I vote Sunkern for pokemon of the year...they will soon be our overlords bow to their might before it is too late!

Nah, really, I'd say Arceus or some prevalent legendary.

rocky505

Scizor because everyone I have ever battled on Wifi or Shoddy has one.

getto89

Elite Four Sami
i think arceus was great in the movie but dialga is just such a bad *** cause he can sent ash and co back in time

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Arceus. Not just because it's my favourite pokemon, but also because it's moie came out this year, as well as it being released to the public.

Charking

Charizard Master
Charizard! Charizard! Charizard!

No. 1 Machop Fan

Probably either Arceus, Shaymin, Rotom, Giratina or (though I be damned to say so) Monferno.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Arceus/Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Notched-Ear Pichu

Arceus, dragons, and Pichu because of movie, and Johto dudes becasue of HGSS

NUUU pokemon master

I vote for heracross cause no can forget ash's good old heracross

Grei

not the color
Gliscor! Gliscor rules and has touched the hearts of many an anime fan.

But seriously, Pokemon of the year has never made sense to me. It's just a popularity contest based on... nothing.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Out of non-legendaries, I'm definitely thinking Chimchar/Monferno, out of the anime pokemon, and I suppose the most obvious from a gaming point of view as well as the movie is Pichu

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i say piplup, cuz he's cute, funny and still didn't evolve in the tv-series!^^

please, don't let it depend on tiers, cuz some pokemon wouldnt have a chance.

arceus is also cool.