• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon of the Year poll

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
With the new Pokemon of the Year poll that you can do on Google, you can vote for a Pokemon for each region/generation. What did/will you choose for each generation?

I picked:

Kanto: Poliwhirl
Johto: Politoed
Hoenn: Metagross
Sinnoh: Toxicroak
Unova: Seismitoad
Kalos: Greninja
Alola: Lunala
Galar: Corviknight

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Round 1:

Kanto: Ninetales.
Johto: Espeon.
Hoenn: Milotic.
Sinnoh: Garchomp.
Unova: Hydreigon.
Kalos: Sylveon.
Alola: Primarina.
Galar: Toxtricity.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Kanto: Clefable
Johto: Azumarill
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Togekiss
Unova: Musharna
Kalos: Sylveon
Alola: Mimikyu
Galar: Alcremie

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Kanto: Alakazam
Johto: Ampharos/Skarmory
Hoenn: Ludiculo/Flygon
Sinnoh: Gliscor/Luxray
Unova: Zoroark
Kalos: Noivern
Alola: Passimian
Galar: Corviknight/Copperajah

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Kanto: Slowpoke
Johto: Pichu
Hoenn: Swampert
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Emboar
Kalos: Chesnaught
Alola: Decidueye
Galar: Rillaboom

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kanto: Barrierd (Mr. Mime)
Johto: Lugia
Hoenn: Kakureon (Kecleon)
Sinnoh: Buoysel (Buizel)
Unova: Zoroark
Kalos: Goronda (Pangoro)
Alola: Mimikkyu
Galar: Mawhip (Alcremie)

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Considering you can do this daily, you can pretty much vote for multiple Pokemon. That being said, my votes for today were:

Kanto: Lapras
Johto: Sneasel
Hoenn: Mawile
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Hydreigon
Kalos: Delphox
Alola: Incineroar
Galar: Inteleon

Other Pokemon I'm considering giving votes to over the days:

Raichu, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Ampharos, Houndoom, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Flygon, Toterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Zoroark, Braviary, Volcorona, Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Decidueye, Primarina, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Frosmoth

Note this can change though and there no guarantees. I might remember something I forgot and maybe vote for that too, I don't know.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
As far as other Pokemon are concerned, I would probably vote for Frosmoth later on.
I might also vote for another Gen 1 Pokemon, maybe Ninetales or Starmie.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For Kalos, I've chosen Chespin since it's my favorite pokémon. He won't win but at least I'm sending support lol

For other regions:

Kanto: Dragonite
Johto: Ampharos
Hoenn: Salamance (couldn't choose between Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert so I picked it as a random 4th option)
Sinnoh: Garchomp
Alola: Rockruff
Galar: Scorbunny

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Hoenn: Salamance (couldn't choose between Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert so I picked it as a random 4th option)
You can vote for all three Hoenn starters on different days.

Also, did you vote for any Unovan or Kalosian Pokemon?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
My votes:

Kanto: Ditto
Johto: Scizor
Hoenn: Rayquaza
Sinnoh: Darkrai
Unova: Volcarona
Kalos: Dragalge
Alola: Lunala
Galar: Toxtricity

Other potential votes over the next few days: Charizard, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Umbreon, Flygon, Metagross, Roserade, Garchomp, Reshiram, Swampert, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Serperior, Chandelure, Greninja, Yveltal, Aegislash, Tapu Koko, Inteleon, Naganadel, Corviknight, Zacian

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I’m disappointed we don’t have the option to vote for Alolan/Galarian Forms. Aren’t they technically different Pokemon?
I think they are clustered as the same Pokemon.

So if your favorite Pokemon ever is Galarian Weezing, you just vote "Weezing" under "Kanto".

But if you dislike regular Weezing, then I don't know what to tell you.

Edit: Here:

Pokemon.com said:
Votes will be counted based on the Pokémon's National Pokédex number, even for Pokémon that have multiple forms, including regional forms.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Kanto: Charizard
Johto: Ho-Oh
Hoenn: (Mega) Rayquaza
Sinnoh: Giratina (Origin)
Unova: (Black) Kyurem
Kalos: (Ultra) Necrozma
Galar/Etc: Eternatus

I might throw some votes towards my favorite non-Legendaries on some days, which would be:
Kanto: Charizard
Johto: Typhlosion
Hoenn: Salamence
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Hydreigon
Kalos: Tyrantrum
Alola: Golisopod
Galar: Dragapult

I'm wondering how much bias the votes will show towards Pokémon with lower regional numbers versus Pokémon with higher numbers, since people might not want to scroll through the entire list.

Fairy King

Round 1:

Kanto - Vulpix
Johto - Espeon
Hoenn - Gardevoir
Sinnoh - Luxray
Unova - Zoroark
Kalos - Xerneas
Galar - Corviknight

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
It's a shame people are voting for pokémon that are already popular, and not the better ones buried under all the mediocrity
Unless you happen to really like competitive staples (is that what you meant?) that don't get a lot of mainstream focus (e.g: Toxapex) most fans will gravitate towards their favourites, which tends to be already popular Pokemon.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Round 1: LINK.
Round 2:

Kanto: Starmie.
Johto: Umbreon.
Hoenn: Latias.
Sinnoh: Glaceon.
Unova: Mienshao.
Kalos: Aegislash.
Alola: Mimikyu.
Galar: Inteleon.