• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon on Disney XD now???

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So I saw this on Serebii's main website:

It has been confirmed that the North American Magearna QR code will be given on the official website on December 5th, in conjunction with the airing of the new movie and sneak peak of the Sun & Moon anime on the same day on Disney XD

Is the Pokemon anime dub really moving to Disney XD? Are the days of Cartoon Network/some subsidiary of Warner Bros and Pokemon gone???

I don't know of any major implications of this but I do find it interesting that if this is true that Pokemon and Yokai Watch would be on the same channel together. (along with Doraemon...) I don't think this is necessarily going to lead to a Pokemon ride at Disney World or a Lilo and Stitch crossover but you never know ;)

Supersonicbro

So I saw this on Serebii's main website:

It has been confirmed that the North American Magearna QR code will be given on the official website on December 5th, in conjunction with the airing of the new movie and sneak peak of the Sun & Moon anime on the same day on Disney XD

Is the Pokemon anime dub really moving to Disney XD? Are the days of Cartoon Network/some subsidiary of Warner Bros and Pokemon gone???

I don't know of any major implications of this but I do find it interesting that if this is true that Pokemon and Yokai Watch would be on the same channel together. (along with Doraemon...) I don't think this is necessarily going to lead to a Pokemon ride at Disney World or a Lilo and Stitch crossover but you never know ;)

Yep, the official trailer mentions it being on disney XD and I'm glad about this, maybe they'll get the views pokemon deserves. Cartoon network never deserved anime. They ruined pokemon, yugioh, and more because they showed them only at 7:00 in the morning.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
It has been on Disney XD in the UK since Pokemon DP: Battle Dimension.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
My gut is saying the license ran out and Cartoon Network just didn't renew (seeing how they've been treating it in recent years it's no surprise).

But the abysmal timeslot they gave it might have had a say in all this.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
its good yeah
but I don't get disney xd on my tv :(

Yeah, that's the problem I see it causing.
Not a lot of people's cable plans include XD. Mine didn't for awhile but it does now.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yeah. CN is now officially dead. Only Adventure Time survives but not for long....

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
But if you do have XD then this is a definite improvement, because Cartoon Network ever since late Black and White has been whatever when it came to Pokémon.

Sprinter1988

I'm not sure, I don't have kids channels anymore other than the ones on Freeview.

CITV definitely has it - you can find episodes on ITV Player. I think Disney XD dropped it sometime around the middle of Black and White. I remember watching the Clubsplosion Arc but I don't think it got as far as Ash's Gym Battle with Roxie.

Disney XD used to show episodes from DP and BW in two episode blocks five times a day sometimes. I think CITV shows it about once or twice a week. They don't even include more episodes when the schools let out for holidays.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Yeah. CN is now officially dead. Only Adventure Time survives but not for long....

Steven Universe, Amazing World of Gumball, and Regular Show say hi.

But yeah, I guess it could be potentially be a bit of an issue since XD isn't as widely distributed on cable plans as CN, though I think it has been opening up a bit more lately. Overall, I think it's a change for the better.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

But yeah, I guess it could be potentially be a bit of an issue since XD isn't as widely distributed on cable plans as CN, though I think it has been opening up a bit more lately. Overall, I think it's a change for the better.

Regular Show is ending soon

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

Also We Bare Bears and (IMHO) Ninjago