• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon on Disney XD now???

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't have much to say about this (since I don't have cable and thus don't keep up with this) other than that it's kinda funny Disney has the rights to air it on one of their networks. I was wondering what would happen to Pokémon once Cartoon Network got tired of it, though the only other network I could think of that could take it was Nickelodeon--then I remembered how they treated Digimon. I do recall Disney treating Digimon alright anyway when it was on Jetix, so Pokémon should be fine for now. It's a good point bringing up the reruns, guess we shall have to wait and see what the schedule's going to be after the marathon.

I wonder how many kids know about this, to be honest. I remember back in 2006, Pokémon just disappeared from the Kids' WB airwaves, didn't really know it moved to CN for about a few weeks or so before surfing their website one day and found the episodes there. I imagine the same thing'll happen here in that it just vanishes from CN, except not many viewers will notice if they didn't already know about the announcement online.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Perhaps a longer theme song will be back since CN started making Pokémon make short intros

Was that because of Cartoon Network, or just a choice made by the dubbers?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

CN aint what it used to be

1.Powerhouse Era(1997-2004)
2.City Era(2004-2007)
3.Checkerboard Era(1992-1997)
4.CHECK it Era(2010-Current)
5.Nood Era(2008-2010)

AlolaMochaCiel

Would be cool if leading up to the airing itself in 2017 they did like the best eps of OS-XY and did a day out of it. I think CN did that when DP aired and even with Naruto and Disney XD are a lot more chill with doing long marathons and events with shows compared to CN.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
They should have waited a couple more months before airing the first two episodes.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Disney just has to get it's claws in everything.

that mentioned, I dont really care too much about the move from cn to disney except that disney is the epitome of TM's

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I was told by someone that Cartoon Network will not be airing the remaining episodes of XYZ, which will instead air on Boomerang. It sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I was told by someone that Cartoon Network will not be airing the remaining episodes of XYZ, which will instead air on Boomerang. It sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Can anyone confirm or deny?

First time I've ever heard of this.

Boomerang is generally where shows go to be quietly killed off.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Disney just has to get it's claws in everything.

Hee hee, that's true. Although Disney seems to be good at promoting shows, so the fact that they've acquired the anime makes me hopeful that Pokemon will finally get the promo it deserves since CN hasn't done a very good job with that. ^^;

I don't think this is true, but it COULD very well be.

I think this should be a fresh good start for the dub after CN completely ruined it

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I don't think this is true, but it COULD very well be.

I think this should be a fresh good start for the dub after CN completely ruined it

TPCi does the dubbing. The only thing the network can do about it is air time and censorship. Unless TPCi forgets to read the contract which gives Disney complete control, then I doubt Disney can do much.

Animefan145

I was wondering where the Sun/Moon preview was (as XY had a fast English dub preview). Oh well, Cartoon Network wasn't treating Pokemon well for a long time. I still remember when new Pokemon episodes were a big thing on Kids WB (ah, those were the days). The bad thing is I don't get Disney XD, so I won't be able to watch the dub anymore. While there are several things on XD I'd like to watch (like Gravity Falls reruns at least since I missed most of the show), I'm not paying the extra monthly charge to upgrade my cable just to watch that one channel.

Hm, anyone know of any good (legal) alternatives to watching Disney XD rather than just cable? I was looking into Sling TV or Playstation Vue maybe. It would be ironic to watch the Pokemon dub on my PS4.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hm, anyone know of any good (legal) alternatives to watching Disney XD rather than just cable? I was looking into Sling TV or Playstation Vue maybe. It would be ironic to watch the Pokemon dub on my PS4.

I've don't know much about it at all, but I believe that Disney XD has their own streaming service. That might be a good alternative.

TPCi does the dubbing. The only thing the network can do about it is air time and censorship. Unless TPCi forgets to read the contract which gives Disney complete control, then I doubt Disney can do much.

No, I was talking about the dub as a whole. The air time was severely impacting the show. Sorry, should have made it more clear

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Um, the openings didn't start being 30 seconds when it switched dubs or channels...It started with BW. Battle Frontier's and all of DP's openings were about a Now whether that was TPCI's idea or CN, I don't know. But I'm betting on CN, as all their other show's theme songs are also around 30 seconds. And all the Toonami stuff doesn't even show their openings at all anymore.

Nicktoons horribly mistreated the Digimon Fusion dub, not even letting it dub the last third of the series. Admittedly, the last third was terrible, but I still wanted to see what Saban would have done.

I would mistreat Digimon too.

But anyway, at least Nicktoons handled most of their other stuff right. Disney doesn't treat any of it's anime right. I'm expecting a Naruto situation again, where they show like 10 episodes, get tired of it, "forget" they have the rights and start airing one of their own shows in it's place. It will then go into the pits of abyss for years until Cartoon Network gets it back. And then we'll be back at sqaure one...

Honestly if I had it my way, it would just be a Netflix exclusive or something.

Last edited: