1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon on Wii U

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by cyberworrier94, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberworrier94

cyberworrier94 Story Writer

I just want to get the band wagon rolling on this topic and hear everyone's voices if they want a game on Wii U. As we all know, the 5th generation skipped out on making a console battle sim (aka Stadium/Battle Rev. Game) and we didn't see a Pokemon Colosseum/XD game either. In my opinion it be rather cool to see Pokemon on the tv screen using unreal 3, but that is just my opinion. I wouldn't mind a Pokepark game either, but what are everyone else's thoughts.

2. Colton S

Colton S Beware Bewear

I would want to have a ranger game on Wii U. The Gamepad would serve the purpose well.

3. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

The thing is, Pokemon doesn't benefit too much from being on the Wii U as opposed to the 3DS; now that we have a handheld capable of pretty good-looking 3D graphics, there isn't a lot to be said in favor of a console-based battling game. It's a turn-based JRPG, with a top-down overworld perspective - how much can the Wii U add to that, even with the GamePad and such?

4. telivisionhead

telivisionhead Well-Known Member

Most of the Wii U controls are sorta fidly anyway. I tried testing a Wii U. pressed every button their was and the only thing it did was scroll a map without even going onto a level.
    Pokemon is usually made for the DS or 3DS and the Gameboy before the DS was made.
    Maybe a pokemon game goes on the wii which works out but for a Wii U.... that's a different story...

5. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

I won't lie. I'd love to see Emerald remade in pure HD for Wii U. I know it won't happen since they don't want main games on the consoles but what I don't get is why a remake on a console would be so bad. I can understand current games not being on why like XY but Hoenn n full on HD would look really nice.

6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Good question, no one seems to know exactly what the Gamepad can do because there aren't many games on the Wii U that really utilize it. I think Miiverse integration could be a good reason to put Pokemon on the Wii U

7. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

What about discussing about it in here instead? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.