• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Online Competitive team

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I'm looking for comments and/or improvements to my team; keep in mind I'm using Pokemon Online so anything can be changed at will. To my team:
68.png

Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
Item: Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
-DynamicPunch
-Bullet Punch
-Payback
-Stone Edge

Its a photo copy of the Smogon set. Works well, I can usually get in a KO by Leading or switching in on Toxic or the what-not. Havn't done that yet though, and the opportunity hasn't arose either, so I'm also looking to see any good choices for a replacement on the item.
248.png

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
-Payback

This has been through my team since I first started. He's won quite a few KOs, and I love using him to revenge kill opposing fast Pokemon. I choose faster, because if I can get a sub up, he can wreck teams. However, he's not been KOing opponents quite as often, and I'm looking for improvement if possible. By the way, the EV spread is so he can survive more, if you were wondering.
145.png

Zapdos
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP, 228 Def, 32 Spd
-ThunderBolt
-Roost
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Heat Wave

Yet again, photo copy of Smogon. It works though, usually being able to take out the opposing main threats. Usually Politoeds, Jellicent, Garchomp, Salamence, Gliscor, Scizor, Forretress, the works. This guy right here is a main character in the team, defeating the guys that love to get in the way.
224.png

Octillery
Ability: Suction Cups
Nature: Timid
Item: Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball

Octillery? Yes, Octillery. The next Pokemon in my team sets him up, and there he goes. Octillery, when I prepare him properly, will get 2 KOs in unless they carry ThunderBolt or something(Which a Starmie made me realise that Octillery isn't a-shooin'.). However, Octillery is a strong Poke on my team, and he's won games before. Improvement is always welcome, though.

I'm conisdering replacing Octillery. Although it would've been nice for him as a mascot, it isn't working out. I have this one trying it on PO:
612.png

Haxorus
Ability: Mold Breaker
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk 4 Spd
-Dual Chop
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

...He is meant to be bulky.

Okay, MB+EQ=Wrecking stuff, +CB and that attack makes it evil. Outrage also fulfils this bonus, but with higher BP, and STAB, it should KO alot. Brick Break for hitting Neutral on Skarmory or SE on Darks or something, but for coverage none the less, Dual Chop is a mini Outrage that breaks Subs.

Another choice is the rarely seen Cofagrigus. I have not thought about Cofagrigus yet, so anything.
563.png
472.png

Gliscor
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP, 48 Def, 204 Spd
-Rock Polish
-Baton Pass
-Earthquake
-Roost

Hey look, another variant to a Smogon set. Well, whatever. This guy sets up Octillery, Above, and Abomasnow, Below, into huge power. If this guy gets KOed, my team suffers a huge loss, so he has to avoid damage alot. This is helpful with Roost and his obvious walling-ness. However, sometimes I get to cautious with him, and I'm stuck with only Gliscor trying to fire off Earthquakes into opposing Levitaters/Flyers. This guy is a set-up master, and with him, my WHOLE team gets a whole lot scarier(Zapdos to a lesser extent, and Payback on the first two aren't too good afterwards, but it still holds.). Gliscor's only problem is the lack of power, but I can't find anything better. Improvement is appreciated.
460.png

Abomasnow
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd.
-Focus Punch
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Ice Shard

When I found out Abomasnow could use SubSeedPunch, I was ecstatic. When he gets a Rock Polish boost, he sweeps like heck. His subs are bulky, he heals good HP each turn, he himself is bulky, great attack, STAB priority... He's only been KOed once, and that was because of a Toxic when the Sub was down. And he simply Ice Sharded it away the next turn. Man, Abomasnow is deadly. Even without Rock Polish, he's still gotten KOs. But, like always, improvements are welcome!

Before I end the post, I'll compile what happens sometimes;

Last comments;
Machamp: Leading, getting the head start on they're lead. Espeon is a common threat to him, but he handles the Dual-Screen-Bulky Variants with two Paybacks easily. However, I've had some shocking occurances when a Leading Scizor ran Aerial Ace or a Exeggcuter ran Psychic or a Gengar runs Psychic too, it really throws him off.
Tyranitar: Revenge Killing, Bulky Powerhouse against unsuspecting. Garchomp, Scizor, Conkeldurr, Terrakion, the list goes on and on about what gets under his skin. Especially Conkeldurr. Cockeldurr laughs in his face. Conkeldurr sets up on this guy so easily. Bulk Up... Bulk Up... Bulk Up... Bulk Up... Bulk Up... Bulk Up, its so frustrating, and the he just fires off Mach Punches against everything and gets an OHKO on EVERYTHIING. Conkeldurr is this guy's nemesis, if anyone can give an improvement to help, please do so.
Zapdos: Walling, late-game sweeping, getting rid of threats. Zapdos is possibly the most valuable on the team, and he proves it. However, Swampert, Conkeldurr, Quagsire and the works force him out alot, which is not good. However, Gliscor can set-up a team-mate so they can KO the threat, so Zapdos is good.
Octillery: THAT Fire-breathing Octopus. Huge asset to the team, being able to 2HKO just about anything. He has a great time when Skarmory tries to pseudo-haze away Gliscor, when Suction Cups do their job. This guy absolutely loves KOing Skarmory, Starmie, Garchomp, Salamence, pretty much anything weak to his attacks. I've not found anything better than Octillery at this job, but I'd be ahappy to get an earful.
I'm thinking about Haxorus and Cofagrigus as replacements. Check the spoiler under Octillery's set.
Gliscor: Gliscor is probably the... Er, second best in the team. Getting an EverGreen or an Octopus to KO entire teams is fun, and it makes it a pretty succesful Scorpion/Bat hybrid.
Abomasnow: The newest addition to the team, and one that's already gotten games won. I don't really see how this can be improved but if any of you do, please share.

And there goes the whole of my team. And please, I'm all ears for improvements :D

Last edited:
SubPunch tyranitar? I've never seen that-put more EVs in HP and defences so his substitute can take a hit, he's too slow.
And that abomasnow set is... weird. you should have blizzard on it, and why abomasnow? It brings hail and hurts all of your pokemons

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Why 2 different weather set ups? Just about all of you team will take hail damage, and about 4 of your team will take Sandstorm damage. That's something to look into. At the drawing board, the damage may seem miniscule, but in battle it makes all the difference.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
@arceusvictini: I'm playing on PO. Item Clause doesn't apply usually.

@Farfan: HP Evs to TTar, and then Abomasnow. Heh, you'd be surprised how many people actually switch in a counter. There's only two Pokemon that I can remember that resist both Blizzard and be Immune to Focus Punch. Any Ice-type or Steel-type is hit for SE unless it being Forretress or Scizor or the lot. Really fun set actually.

@Thejt: I don't plan on using Weather as my main use of them. It helps for Switch-Stalling(No idea who on earth uses it besides me,) and SDef boost for TTar, but nothing else really.

Also, anything for my Octupus's possible replacements?

Last edited:

Redradish

angry at ho-oh
Your machamp could be easily replaced by haryama. they are almost the same but haryama has better HP and packs fakeout wich could be used to buy a turn for a toxic orb to poison it and activate guts. on the defensive side haryama's thick fat could be used to switch into very comon ice moves and the less common fire moves(that are going to be targeting your abomasnow).

Mien

Tyranitar's subpunch set functions much better by having both Ice beam and Flamethrower instead of Payback and Stone Edge. It may seem worse due to T-tar's lower SpAtt, but the higher coverage nullifies this. Also run 252 HP ev's for 101 hp subs, otherwise you won't be able to beat Blissey 1 on 1.

DarumakkaImposter

If T-tar is going to subpunch, why have Abomasnow do it too? This Abomasnow is GREAT imo.

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Abilty: Snow Warning
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Grass Knot/Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

With Choice Scarf, he's able to outrun max speed thunderus and tornadus. Blizzard for major damage (for pokes that don't resist ice) and STAB + perfect accuracy in hail. Grass Knot for coverage or Giga Drain to switch in more times. HP fire to deal woth steels like Ferro and Scizor who resiste Abomasnow's STAB moves. Earthquake for Magnezone and Heatran but they are commonly holdin an Air Balloon so you might want to use a different poke to pop it.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
@Redradish: Hariyama is a far stretch from the normal, even for me. If I can see that he can function better, I'll try him out I guess.

@Mien: I was going to switch for the HP EVs anyway, and, er, Ice Beam and FlameThrower, not really cool with Adamant. But, whatever, I was planning on running some other stuff for TTar anyway, because Stone Edge is rarely used and Payback is situational, but Ice Beam and FlameThrower aren't the best replacements...

@DarumakkaImposter: You'd be amazed how many expect me not too. Abomasnow has won entire games when I Focus Punch their Ablizzasnow counter. As well as that, SubSeedPunch makes him live for a really long time. No offence or anything, but Abomasnow is working too good now for a normal set.