• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Online, here we come!

Soperman

The One and Only
Well, I recently downloaded PO. Why that matters, I'm not sure, but anyway, here's my team.

Darmanitan:555:mad: Life Orb
Sheer Force
Jolly (+Spd, -Atk)
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Jesus what a powerhouse. Flare Blitz has a monstrous power with the STAB and Sheer Force boosts. Fire Punch won't get me killed, but is still pretty freakin' strong. Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge, because Rock Slide is more reliable and gets the Sheer Force boost. Earthquake gives me Edgequake coverage and is good for taking out annoying Rocks.
Synergy check:
Ground: Gastrodon, Exeggutor
Rock: Excadrill, Gastrodon, Scrafty, Exeggutor
Water: Gastrodon, Exeggutor

Excadrill:530:mad: Air Balloon
Sand Rush
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Return
- X-scissor
- Swords Dance
Another monster. Pretty self-explanatory. Earthquake STAB, Retrn has a power of 100, X-scissor for coverage against Psychic, Dark, and Grass types, Swords Dance for Insane Attack. Basic anti-sandstorm Excadrill.
Synergy Check:
Fire: Gastrodon, Darmanitan
Fighting: Dusclops, Exeggutor
Ground: Gastrodon, Exeggutor
Water: Gastrodon, Exeggutor

Gastrodon;423-e;@ Leftovers
Storm Drain
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Amnesia
Defensive Gastrodon is defensive. He is the perfect partner for Excadrill. Surf for STAB (and cuz I need a water type move). Toxic to bother, Recover to heal, Amnesia for Sp. Def.
Synergy Check:
Grass: Darmanitan, Excadrill, Exeggutor

Dusclops;356;@Eviolite
Pressure
Calm (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
76 Hp / 252 Def / 180 Sp. Def
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split / Hex
My bane to Fighting types. WoW halves Attack and deals damage, Taunt prevents the opponent from Taunting me, Night Shade cuz it's his best attacking move, and Pain Split to heal. However, Hex takes advantage of the status condition.
Synergy Check:
Ghost: Excadrill, Scrafty
Dark: Excadrill, Scrafty

Scrafty:560:mad: Leftovers
Shed Skin
Adamant
56 Hp / 180 Atk / 136 Def / 136 Sp. Def
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- High Jump Kick
- ThunderPunch
Dragon Dancin' Scrafty. Works great with Dusclops. Crunch for STAB against Ghosts and Psychic types, HJK is boss STAB. Thunder Punch for coverage against Flying, and Water for Excadrill and Darmanitan
Synergy Check:
Fighting: Dusclops, Exeggutor
Flying: Excadrill

Exeggutor;103;@ Lum Berry
Harvest
Quiet (+Sp. Atk, -Spd)
100 Hp / 76 Def / 248 Sp. Atk / 84 Sp. Def
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Rest
Perfect Synergy for the rest of my team. Energy Ball for Water and Ground types, Sludge Bomb for Grass, Psychic for Fighting. Rest to survive forevah.
Synergy Check:
Fire: Gastrodon
Bug: Excadrill, Darmanitan, Dusclops
Flying: Excadrill
Ice: Scrafty, Darmanitan
Ghost: Excadrill, Scrafty
Dark: Excadrill, Scrafty

Thanks in advance if you comment, if not, thanks for looking. I appreciate any criticism.
BTW I'm debating whether or not to switch Exeggutor for Donphan. Exeggutor basically brings extra coverage for most of the weaknesses on my team, but it brings a ton of its own. Plus, Donphan has SR and Rapid Spin. should I switch or not?

Last edited:

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Put rock slide over Fire punch for Darmanitan-one fire move is enough. For Excadrill, replace rock slide with Return-otherwise you'll be walled by flying types. I may be wrong, but I think Dusclops can learn shadow ball. Hope this helps!

PokefanTez

I know Dusclops certainly used to be able to learn shadow ball, but with that move set, hex would be a better move, after the opponent gets burned. On excadrill, don't replace rock slide for return, since you won't be walled by flying types, since rock types are super effective against flying types.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
ice punch is generally better than thunderpunch on scrafty, but it is good on water, your choice really, and chesto rest+harvest works well

Soperman

The One and Only
First of all, thanks for all of the help guys!

Put rock slide over Fire punch for Darmanitan-one fire move is enough. For Excadrill, replace rock slide with Return-otherwise you'll be walled by flying types. I may be wrong, but I think Dusclops can learn shadow ball. Hope this helps!

I already have Rock Slide on Darmanitan... And yes, Dusclops can learn shadow ball, but his Sp. Atk is terrible, and this set is more for just walling them.

On excadrill, don't replace rock slide for return, since you won't be walled by flying types, since rock types are super effective against flying types.

I dont have rock slide on Excadrill... But Hex is a good idea.

PokefanTez

^According to emboarrocks you had it on. Even if you didn't, it is still not a bad option to put on.
Donphan would be good. For the other two move slots, you can try ice shard and earthquake. Another good poke that has rapid spin and stealth rocks is forretress. I use one on my team and he works great.

cdawg3574

I DO THIS SH*T!!!!!

Flying is weak to rock, and gastrodon is not a ground resist. go with rockslide on excadrill, pain split>hex, and LO starmie/support espeon/defensive slowbro, bulky Dnite, just about anything over exeggutor, I'm sure you see the number of weaknesses he has to contend with, due to this he has absolutely no staying power...

Soperman

The One and Only
^Gastrodon kills Ground types. I've been testing out this team, and I've won 3 out of 6 times. But hey, I'll try a Starmie set.

Starmie;121;@ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Modest or Timid? Whatevah Im taking Timid.
104 Hp / 128 Def / 80 Sp. Atk / 128 Sp. Def / 68 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
- Psychic

What do you think?

cdawg3574

I DO THIS SH*T!!!!!
^Gastrodon kills Ground types. I've been testing out this team, and I've won 3 out of 6 times. But hey, I'll try a Starmie set.

Starmie;121;@ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Modest or Timid? Whatevah Im taking Timid.
252 Sp. Atk 252 Spd 4 hp
- thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- ice beam
- Psychicpsyshock

What do you think?

Starmie lacks the defenses to capitalise on that investment, its meant to be an offensive threat with good coverage. If you want bulk balanced with power, run my slowbro set:

Slowbro calm @ leftovers
Regenerator
252 hp, 200 def, 52 spD

Psyshock
Scald
Calm mind
slack off

Can become bulky on both ends and tank with calm mind, Psyshock for blissey, scald for STAB and burn, CM to set up and slack off to heal

UsernameSayWha?

Hates Hidden Power
U-turn over Fire Punch on Darmanitan. U-turn breaks Sashes and stuff. Superpower over Rock Slide for T-tar.

Psycho Cut

Why on earth do you have an Excadrill without sand?! Get rid of it, Excadrill's no way near as good in sand.