• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Online v.s. Nintendo D.S.

WIZkid1696

Sarcasm is fun!
So I just downloaded Pokemon Online, and I now find it difficult to play D.S.

I mean, why struggle training over and over when you can just pop into team building and build a kick butt team?

What do you think?

Pokemon Online is less tedious, but playing on DS makes the game much for fun while actually seeing what your pokemon are doing instead of having to read a constantly changing log.

I can easily use both, even when away from one for a long time.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
To me, the DS wireless is much more "personal." I just feel more into it when I battle on the DS. The sims are great for honing your team, but I like the personal aspect of battling using the actual game.

PO is quick and doesn't have acid rain

WIZkid1696

Sarcasm is fun!
I use Pokemon Online because I simply do not have the patience or time to E.V. train.

Zachmac

PO is quick and doesn't have acid rain
Hey, I've been thinking of a acid rain stall team for a while.

I prefer pokemon battle revolution. It's 3D. Who needs a DS or PO?

-Shadow!

Dragon & Steel-type!
PO is great to see your team's errors and fix them. DS is better in battling, as there are animations, and you can see your enemy Yawning you...

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Playing on DS gives you a better sense of accomplishment and victory.

I hand-breed and train and tutor all of my Pokemon. Whenever I win, it feels awesome to have beaten some guy who just threw his team together in 10 minutes.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
DS for the same reason as munchlaxboy I spend a lot of time and care raising my pokemon so battling others and winning makes you more proud :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
I prefer the DS, because I like being able to raise my own Pokemon. I like being able to admire the Pokemon I've spent many hours raising. And raising my own Pokemon gives me a lot of memories. It really does give you a sense of accomplishment.

Snoopi

Banned
I think we should all do what makes us happy :)

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
What is pokemon online??????????????

SneaselClaw

What is pokemon online??????????????

An online Pokemon Battle simulator that has numerous features to let you create teams and battle other people over the internet without the need for a DS or a Pokemon game.

Personally, I like using it for exactly what it is, a simulator. If I want to plan a new team, I don't want to spend all the time it would take to create the team on the Pokemon games, and then find out that it just doesn't work well. So PO allows me to plan out my teams without investing too much time into them before I go back to the game to create it in, for lack of a better term, "real life"

Spade616

pokemon online is good for testing a team out, but the actual game is still more fun. being able to see all those animations and actually raising your poke yourself is the whole point of the game in the first place. plus i enjoy trading and roaming around the game world.

TanMan45

Reptilian Pokemon Fa
I love how you can see your pokemon grow and become strong on the ds but pokemon online is just to easy, all your pokemon are already level 100 and you didn't even get to train them.

trickedoutmetagross

NIXON'S BAAAACK!!!
playing online, like many have said, let you test your team. Ds is more about the 'I'm gonna raise this cute little *insert basic pokemon here* and make you into *insert said basic pokemon's much scarier final evolution here*'

Glad to be back :D

PokeMEN

PokeMEN Master
pokeonline is fun, but ther's less fun/work involved in being able to make perfect perfect pokemon then making them yourselves. Also pokeonline matches are meaningless, they last a few minutes and then u have another. Wifi battles are longer and idk i just prefer them way more