• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Online vs. Wifi

Which is better, Pokemon Online or Wifi?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Alright, so I've been in a long debate over which is better, Pokemon Online or Wifi. Some say Wifi is better because it takes more skill, others say that Pokemon Online is better because it is easier to make a team and battle. So discuss your opinion on which is better.

.. I can't believe I'm going to make a DBZ reference but..

Pokemon Online is like the hyperbolic time chamber. For every one Wifi battle you play you can do 20+ on Pokemon Online. For every one second you spend changing something on your team on Pokemon Online it takes an hour + in Wifi.

Guess which lets you learn faster?

Ninja Dog

Banned
Pokemon Online. You don't have to waste time training teams, And battles are much quicker.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Going with Wi-Fi, it has nostalgia to it plus it shows how hard you've worked. Now if only the battles allowed 6 on 6 with all levels at 100 so I wouldn't have to use the same team over and over again.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
i've never used pokemon online.. but i guess i'll wait til i have a better internet service to try it out.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I prefer Wi-Fi. It's a roots thing. I prefer actually raising my Pokemon, dealing with their imperfections and putting them up against other teams. It's also much harder for non-RNGers to do certain things like Shiny-fy Pokemon, or get the right Hidden Power type. It feels more natural.

I do use Pokemon Online, although mostly as a tester before I go for the real thing. Breeding for Wi-Fi is time consuming, so it does save testing/learning time to use Pokemon Online, if only to see what tweaks need to/can be made beforehand. For example, I could run a Dragon Dance Scrafty, and realize I only need Bulk Up, but I also need Ice Punch, where the Dragon Dance Scrafty didn't have Ice Punch. Pokemon Online lets me buffer things down to as close to perfect as I can get them, and then I breed them.

Like Blue Harvest said, PO is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber (DBZ Reference FTW! XD). You go in, train, speed things up to see how things go. Then you take what you learned, what you gained, from it to the outside, real world (Wi-Fi Battling).

But that's just me I guess. :)

Zachmac

I say PO is best for learning and improving, and with the changing metagame, all that hard work you put into team building on Wi-Fi could go to waste.

Wi-fi is funner though, so I hit both.

Ilan

Pokemon online is MUCH better not only you can switch flaws on your team in a split second but you can battle faster and have lots of teams in a few weeks... also no RNG hunting or IV issues..

Jackalacking

Greed the Avaricious
They both have there own merits really. I found that after spending a good while playing PO I got a lot better at wifi play. As Blue harvest said it is like a hyperbolic time chamber. PO is good or getting the hang of many different styles of play Really fast and allows you to create dream teams etc etc. wifi has its own niches as well. Besides providing a "sense of achievent" for spending hours grinding and whatnot, the wifi play isn't boring and repetitive. I tend to find more unique teams on wifi than on PO but maybe that's just me..

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I believe this depends on whether you like to contantly try to breed a flawless pokemon and raising it to perfection or not.

But I don't have the patience for all of that, so I'm voting PO.

I think Pokemon Showdown beats both since it has a more competitive Challenge Cup, Balanced Hackmons, and you don't have to redownload it every time there's an update.

But I'd say Pokemon Online out of the two. It's far easier to just make teams and battle with them than on Wi-Fi. Also, you can actually have good competition on PO, depending on which server/tier you choose. On Wi-Fi, there's no telling what all you might run into.

Pokemon online is much better but wifi seems more enjoyable because of the animation and the fact that you are connecting with someone you have a bit more knowledge about instead of being a random person. IR connected battles might be even better.

Comebhax

Black & Yellow
PO is better because it takes less work to build teams.
But thats just me.

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
PO it allows people who don't have games/wifi to do Competitive Battling

Plus it take's less time...

And you don't have to waste time to get your level 100 pokemon

Casty

I like Wi-Fi better personally, for nostalgia and IRL fun with my friends. I see sims as a valuable learning tool, though.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Pokemon Online. It honestly just provides more of a competitive environment with more fairness. As state before, people that cant rng or hack for there pokemon are at a clear disadvantage. No matter how hard they try their pokemon will just not be as good as someone who does these things.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
I've always prefers PO. Wifi has people who think they stand a chance with their team of lv30+ (Granted, PO has a similar vien of players), Korean/Japanese/Whatever people who have access to special event Mons I can't get easily, and people who disconnect right before you win. On top of that, PO is faster, and it has more than one tier avalible for play.

Status
Not open for further replies.