• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Online's first 5th gen 'OU' List

I think BL should be a tier. When people think of UU they want to play with altaria and nidoking type pokmeon not blissey snorlax and latias.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people talking about making some sort of new tier to help organize things. After all, the way UU is now, old UU favorites like Sceptile and Ambipom can't shine without dropping to NU (which we don't have yet, I know, but we will...eventually). When that happens, old NU veterans won't be able to shine anywhere. However, I'm not so sure about making BL a playable tier. A friend of mine came up with an idea of creating something like "Lower OU" and "Upper OU", but I guess making BL a tier would keep us from having to invent new terms.

Long story short, and I said this before, I really hate what's happened to UU...

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Actually they bumped the cutoff up to 5%, not 4%. Looks right now like Onono and Zoroark are both below that, plus Sazandora looks dangerously close to falling...

If even freaking Ononokusu is in UU, then there is officially no such thing as UU anymore. RIP Underused.

If even freaking Ononokusu is in UU, then there is officially no such thing as UU anymore. RIP Underused.

If it really is broken then it would be placed in BL. Either way, I just hope that when Smogon finally decides to establish tiers that they use the same cutoff as last gen to prevent UU from sucking/taking too long to test stuff. For now these are the only tiers we have to go by though.

I think BL should be a tier. When people think of UU they want to play with altaria and nidoking type pokmeon not blissey snorlax and latias.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people talking about making some sort of new tier to help organize things. After all, the way UU is now, old UU favorites like Sceptile and Ambipom can't shine without dropping to NU (which we don't have yet, I know, but we will...eventually). When that happens, old NU veterans won't be able to shine anywhere. However, I'm not so sure about making BL a playable tier. A friend of mine came up with an idea of creating something like "Lower OU" and "Upper OU", but I guess making BL a tier would keep us from having to invent new terms.

Long story short, and I said this before, I really hate what's happened to UU...

What are you two saying? There's no need for new tiers, wether it's a division of OU or making BL a playable tier. That's simply not how it works. BL is a banned list for UU, so that UU can be a playable tier; just as Ubers is to OU. And just as Ubers, BL may become playable if and only if there's enough pokemon in the tier. Remember that a BL is still an OU, except that, you know, isn't used as much.

By the way, hey donut ;D

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
There was once like 20 pokes in BL in older gens hehe. Personally, I just think that the cutoff is far to high. Latios has been a suspect from testing and it is UU? Terakion is just a huge powerhouse. No way it is UU. The gen 4 UU tier was at least balanced with most stuff having generally average distribution of stats and movepool. This UU tier is not balanced nor has weaker pokemon. These tiers are far to rushed.

PO has just gone too far. Let's just follow smogon and wait for another year for smogon to establish tiers.

There was once like 20 pokes in BL in older gens hehe. Personally, I just think that the cutoff is far to high. Latios has been a suspect from testing and it is UU? Terakion is just a huge powerhouse. No way it is UU. The gen 4 UU tier was at least balanced with most stuff having generally average distribution of stats and movepool. This UU tier is not balanced nor has weaker pokemon. These tiers are far to rushed.

PO has just gone too far. Let's just follow smogon and wait for another year for smogon to establish tiers.

Calze6 holy ****. You don't understand this at all do you.

The OU cutoff isn't designed to make UU balanced. Its designed to mark Pokemon as commonly used legitimate threats. Last gen we had Togekiss, Umbreon, Porygon Z and Cresselia in OU (the latter two eventually dropped). Despite being "OU" were they threats? Was it worth worrying about a Curse Umbreon weakness? No because 3.5% is too low of a cutoff.

Stop whining about UU with a bunch of broken crap in it. You think OU is fully balanced now? Do you think it was even REMOTELY balanced when Darkrai / Shaymin S or Deoxys were allowed? No and they were banned until the tier started to resemble some stability.

Current UU? It will have a few things banned until it stops being broken. BL will probably end up quite large and a new tier in between NU and UU might be formed to make up for the 150-ish new pokemon. I'm sorry but the UU you used to play is gone. This is a new generation, with new power standards. Milotic / Venusaur / Registeel may or may not remain UU, they may drop to NU.

What we have now isn't what PO wants the final tiers to look like. Everything is still under construction. Maybe if you would think for yourself instead of looking to Smogon for an answer you might see that the current Smogon server looks pretty much like PO's did a few months ago. Smogon doesn't even have a UU list or from what I can find, even an OU list (All they have is the Ubers banlist).

Eaglehawk

Banned
I'm very sorry to interrupt this argument, but is this just speculation or is it on Smogon. I just spent 10 minutes looking for a thread generally looking for anything having to do with usage stats or tierage, and all I came up with was the notification of the Inconsistent ban and the Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Deoxys N-A ban. If anyone knows, can someone send me the link for usage stats and tierage.

What are you two saying? There's no need for new tiers, wether it's a division of OU or making BL a playable tier. That's simply not how it works. BL is a banned list for UU, so that UU can be a playable tier; just as Ubers is to OU. And just as Ubers, BL may become playable if and only if there's enough pokemon in the tier. Remember that a BL is still an OU, except that, you know, isn't used as much.

But the point of tiers is to create a fun and stable metagame where all (or at least most) Pokemon can be used effectively. If a ton of Pokemon are forced to moved down a tier just to get usage because of the power creep in the higher tiers, where are the Pokemon at the bottom of the heap going to go? Personally, I'm not completely on board to making up new tiers, but somebody might decide to do that. If they don't, BL is probably going to become big enough to be a tier on it's own.

I'm very sorry to interrupt this argument, but is this just speculation or is it on Smogon. I just spent 10 minutes looking for a thread generally looking for anything having to do with usage stats or tierage, and all I came up with was the notification of the Inconsistent ban and the Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Deoxys N-A ban. If anyone knows, can someone send me the link for usage stats and tierage.

These are the PO stats:
http://91.121.73.228/index.html

Eaglehawk

Banned
Ahhh. thanks.

I thought there was going to be some Dream World clause.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Top 10 Pokemon that need to be in 0U: other than legends

10. Lucario
9. Flygon
8. Zoroark
7. Eeveelutions
6. Mienshou (kojondo)
5. Scrafty
4. Infernape
3. Ninjask
2. Metagross
AND #1: HAXORUS!!!

WARNING: This is MY OPINION!!! No flaming, or, "That's wrong! #(any) should/shouldn't be there!!!" ing, or editing the list with your own opi--- WAIT A SECOND, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!

Feel free to edit this with your own opinions. You can also change it to, "shouldn't be in OU" if you like.

calze shows his ignorance itt.

idk why "omg this isn't like 4th gen uu po sucks ;_;" seems to be an ok thing to say. remember that this is 5th gen, so of course the tiers (especially the lower tiers) are going to be different you idiots. learn how the tiers work before you start complaining. "terakion 2 storng 4 uu, it should be ou" doesn't mean shit because if it is too strong for uu it'll be bl.

:U

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Is this putting zoroark as uber? It's not on here. It's movepool isn't that big, not as big as other ubers, anyway.

Dattebayo

Banned
After looking at the list, all I have to say is: What the heck?

No wonder Smogon's tier system is superior than their's.

After looking at the list, all I have to say is: What the heck?

No wonder Smogon's tier system is superior than their's.

Smogon and PO's OU tiers are run the same way.

Based. On. Usage.

The only differences is the way they ban stuff. Smogon has a better method, but PO generally ends up with the same results.

Dattebayo

Banned
Smogon and PO's OU tiers are run the same way.

Based. On. Usage.

The only differences is the way they ban stuff. Smogon has a better method, but PO generally ends up with the same results.

That's why I said Smogon's tier system is better than PO's; they do it a lot better and make less mistakes.

Grei

not the color
OMG my favorite Pokemanz arnt in oh-you wtfff ;_;

I'm anxious to see how all of the tiers turn out. Even though it hardly matters to an in-game player like myself, I generally do keep track of the tiers, since OU Pokemon do have a tendency to be stronger by the fact that many people use them...