• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Opal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the grand release of Pokemon Diamond, and Pearl. Many people suspect a new game called "Pokemon Opal," Similar to Sapphire,Ruby, and Emerald. Since Pokemon Diamond had Dialga, and Pokemon Pearl had Palkia. Many suspect that Pokemon Opal, will have Girantia. I don't think it will most likely happen. But hey you never know!

One of the main reasons I think this won't happen is because you can get Girantia in both Diamond and Pearl, but you can't get Rayquazza in both Sapphire and Ruby.

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
Its probably gonna be Darkrai :)

Torterra-417

Worship the willow!
You can get Rayquaza in both Ruby and Sapphire. And I hope it will be Giratina for Pokémon Opal, everything about ties it to Dialga and Palkia.

BCVM22

I think Giratina has a very low chance of becoming the third installment's mascot as it is not in the Sinnoh Dex.

Not a prohibitive factor; either add Giratina to the Sinnoh Dex (make it no. 152) or just do what Diamond and Pearl have already done and keep Giratina unobtainable until after the Elite Four. Thanks for playing, though. Good effort.

NEXT!

BCVM22

Or Darkkrai will be in it as Amethyst version

Amethyst is a dark purplish gem, resembles Darkrai pretty well.

Darkrai is an event Pokémon; he won't be on the cover. Nintendo isn't going to forfeit both the exclusivity of the Pokémon and the bonus revenue that trickles back to them from consumers spending more money on stuff from which they get a cut of the profits, which consumers do when they go to events. Both of which would decrease drastically if not outright disappear if they were to do what you suggest. Businesses don't work that way.

Last edited:

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
This is what I think:
No, there will not be an 3rd installment. In another 2 generations, there will be remakes ( like R/B/G/Y to FR/LG).
Possibally (sp?) there will be a spinoff after this (PMD2), another spinoff (Pokemon Ranch) and a remake (the rumored G/C/S remake.)
Considering there isn't a main Pokemon that woud else fit in for the part (of main Pokemon), chances are slim for this remake to happen soon.

Guilwolfie

Dog Trainer
It could be like g/s/c and have mesprit on the front

If there IS a 3rd game, it probably will be something like this. Everyone is acting like it -has- to be one of the Legendaries that have something to do with the story-line of something, which isn't true.

Crystal had Suicune on the front of it.

Suicune didn't have anything to do with the story-line and was a Lengendary you could catch in both Gold and Silver.

Likewise, you could catch Emerald's Lengendary in both Ruby and Saphire.

Heck, even Yellow didn't have anything special with its game except a few neat additions..

IF they make a 3rd game, it'll have one of the catchable Pokemon from D/P on the cover, and probably have ways you can catch some older Pokemon like Serebii or Mewtwo in it.

Cobra

Graphic Alchemist
personally i think a pokemon "onyx" version would be better.

and maybe arceus? he hasn't been released yet to my knowledge, so thats a possibility.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
Nintendo is not going to name one of their pokemon games Opal. It sounds way too dumb. Garnet sounds better and fits with this theory much better than Opal. Diamond Dialga, Palkia Pearl, Giratina Garnet.
Darkrai, shaymin, or arceus will NEVER be on the cover. They are event pokemon. Has their EVER been an event pokemon on the cover of any pokemon game (besides colluseum/XD)?

Last edited:
Nintendo is not going to name one of their pokemon games Opal. It sounds way too dumb. Garnet sounds better and fits with this theory much better than Opal. Diamond Dialga, Palkia Pearl, Giratina Garnet.
Darkrai, shaymin, or arceus will NEVER be on the cover. They are event pokemon. Has their EVER been an event pokemon on the cover of any pokemon game (besides colluseum/XD)?

Groudon Dosent equal ruby. Sapphire dosent equal Kyogre. Emerald dosent equal Rayquaza.

Sumomoko-chan

...I have no clue?
I still don't particularly agree with (almost) everyone's hoping that the third 4th generation game will be called Pokemon Opal, mostly because I think of lighter forms of the gem that are too similar to Pearl's main color when I think of the word "Opal". If they do decide to use Giratina on the cover, there's no reason that they couldn't use Topaz or the name of some red gem (can't think of one that seems suitable besides Ruby, which is already in use), since both colors are found all over the Pokemon.

Last edited:

MinunTheFighter34

I drink soysauce.
Excuse me peeps, but wtf are you talkin about?

There was a topic about this awhile back, and it had the official boxart and everything.

It is Cressilia.Now where is that blasted link!

ijea4444

Mespirit (both pink and balanced stats)was created from palkias essance
Azelf(both blue and sweepish) was created from Dialgas essance
Uxie (both yello wand tanksih.)was created from GIRATINAS ESSANCE

and their stats are exaclty the same exept there put in different places, and much much much much much more details.

BCVM22

There was a topic about this awhile back, and it had the official boxart and everything.

That was fake from start to finish; it was a hoax posted by a Moderator and an accomplish. Go find the topic and you'll see.

And I'm not going to bother explaining it all here since there's already a monstrous thread about this elsewhere, but it won't be Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, Spongebob, Mario, Naruto. It will be Giratina for a number of reasons.

I don't recommend arguing with me, because you'll only be wrong.

masternaruto_22

shiny hunter

he has a point cressillia is in the postion as giratina it could be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.