• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Opal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the grand release of Pokemon Diamond, and Pearl. Many people suspect a new game called "Pokemon Opal," Similar to Sapphire,Ruby, and Emerald. Since Pokemon Diamond had Dialga, and Pokemon Pearl had Palkia. Many suspect that Pokemon Opal, will have Girantia. I don't think it will most likely happen. But hey you never know!

One of the main reasons I think this won't happen is because you can get Girantia in both Diamond and Pearl, but you can't get Rayquazza in both Sapphire and Ruby.

It couldv'e been fake, but I saw box art w/ Cresselia on the cover.

BCVM22

It couldv'e been fake, but I saw box art w/ Cresselia on the cover.

It was fake.

Jeez people. What makes you all so sure. It's not like you work for Nintendo for crying out loud. -.-

There are certain debates for which common sense, logic and reason provide a simple and obvious answer, usually the correct answer. Whether you comprehend this or not is immaterial to said answer.

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
Theres no chance for the legend to be any other THAN Giratina... Its just so simple, same face, own gem, dragon as second type...

Chobits

Chi, Chi, Chi!!!
Thank you Ervin for bumping the topic...
It's Giratina. Giratina is like the leader or king
to Dialga and Palkia (I think it is...)​

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
its common sense that its giratina for a number of reasons:
-its a part-dragon type- just like dialga and palkia
-it has its own gemstone- girasol also known as blood opal
-it represents the "dimension" of death, as dialga represents time and palkia represents space
-the headpieces of all three pokemon are quite similar, they all partly cover the eyes and are different in colour, dialga light blue, palkia light red (pinkish), giratina yellow. Coincidentally, these are the three primary colours
-its name is based upon its gemstone (only dialga, palkia and giratina have their own gemstones): Dialga for Diamond, Palkia for Pearl and Giratina for Girasol. These were the original name origins

its also common sense that its NOT any of the other pokemon because:
-Crystal only chose Suicune because they didn't make a third counterpart to lugia or ho-oh, therefore not Mesprit
-Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf is a legendary trio in its own rite
-Heatran is a bit hard, but the following should be considered: its not dragon-type, its a metal-like pokemon so no gemstone, it doesn't have its own dimension, it doesn't have stats comparable to dialga or palkia, its colour scheme and theme has nothing to do with dialga or palkia
-Cresselia is already a counterpart to Darkrai, having their own island
-Manaphy and Shaymin are already the Sinnoh versions to Mew, Celebi and Jirachi
-Regigigas, a bit obvious, its only the leader of the Regis, no questions there
-Darkrai, an event pokemon, is the counterpart to Cresselia and has its own island
-Arceus, is an event pokemon, but there is a large probability (i think equal to giratina) that it COULD be arceus. the only thing setting apart from dialga and palkia is the lack of gemstone; its name didn't come from a gemstone but from the word arch, meaning highest, supreme, etc. but since its an event pokemon it seems rather unlikely that it would just be caught "freely" in the third game

Last edited:

Kataphrut

its common sense that its giratina for a number of reasons:
-its a part-dragon type- just like dialga and palkia
-it has its own gemstone- girasol also known as blood opal
-it represents the "dimension" of death, as dialga represents time and palkia represents space
-the headpieces of all three pokemon are quite similar, they all partly cover the eyes and are different in colour, dialga light blue, palkia light red (pinkish), giratina yellow. Coincidentally, these are the three primary colours
-its name is based upon its gemstone (only dialga, palkia and giratina have their own gemstones): Dialga for Diamond, Palkia for Pearl and Giratina for Girasol. These were the original name origins

its also common sense that its NOT any of the other pokemon because:
-Crystal only chose Suicune because they didn't make a third counterpart to lugia or ho-oh, therefore not Mesprit
-Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf is a legendary trio in its own rite
-Heatran is a bit hard, but the following should be considered: its not dragon-type, its a metal-like pokemon so no gemstone, it doesn't have its own dimension, it doesn't have stats comparable to dialga or palkia, its colour scheme and theme has nothing to do with dialga or palkia
-Cresselia is already a counterpart to Darkrai, having their own island
-Manaphy and Shaymin are already the Sinnoh versions to Mew, Celebi and Jirachi
-Regigigas, a bit obvious, its only the leader of the Regis, no questions there
-Darkrai, an event pokemon, is the counterpart to Cresselia and has its own island
-Arceus, is an event pokemon, but there is a large probability (i think equal to giratina) that it COULD be arceus. the only thing setting apart from dialga and palkia is the lack of gemstone; its name didn't come from a gemstone but from the word arch, meaning highest, supreme, etc. but since its an event pokemon it seems rather unlikely that it would just be caught "freely" in the third game

Couldn't've put it better myself, so I'll quote it for truth. All evidence points to Giratina. Maybe it'll have an interesting plotline for Giratina. In D/P, Cyrus wanted to make his own new universe with Dialga or Palkia, but maybe this time he'll try to conquer death itself with Giratina.
(probably won't happen for obvious reasons, but that's what I would do if I was a villanous, emotionally-weird megalomaniac.)

Espeon's Jewl

likes pie
I wouldn't call it Opal.. more like Garnet.
Palkia Pearl
Dialga Diamond
Giratina Garnet

TRFLeaderKarth

Aspiring Geologist
Well, there was one box that appeared a little while ago across the web with an image of Giratina. I know a bit of Japanese, and I tried translating a bit of the text. So far, none of it seems to make too much sense.
So in my view, all bets are off, really. (I know its probable that Giratina'll be on the cover, but I hope not. Never liked that one...)

BCVM22

Well, there was one box that appeared a little while ago across the web with an image of Giratina. I know a bit of Japanese, and I tried translating a bit of the text. So far, none of it seems to make too much sense.

It was fake.

So in my view, all bets are off, really. (I know its probable that Giratina'll be on the cover, but I hope not. Never liked that one...)

My expectation is that based solely on that criteria, you will find yourself disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.