• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Opal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
giratina.jpg

There is only one reason I know this is fake.
The D/P boxarts have text the same (Similar) color as the small, obscure boxt around it. This do not. (+ Some of this is english)
*Seal of opproval* This is fake.

Last edited:

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Hilarity abound. Suicune was used because there was no third counterpart to Ho-oh and Lugia. People stopped using this argument seriously months ago.

And my stick is just fine where it is, thank you; firmly in my hand so's I can use it to beat stupidity over its collective head.

No, that stick is up your AYUZZ. Seriously, every post in this topic is you belittling people over something as little as a video game. Grow up.
And as for Suicune, so? The reason you gave doesn't disprove what I said at all. So Ho-oh and Lugia don't have counterparts; what part of that sentence has anything to do with Suicune being a viable choice? Looking back, Celebi being the third Jhoto mascot makes a lot more sense, but Suicune was chosen. And I don't care if the argument was done months ago. Instead of being a flaccid dick, you could've explained it better.

BCVM22

No, that stick is up your AYUZZ. Seriously, every post in this topic is you belittling people over something as little as a video game. Grow up.
And as for Suicune, so? The reason you gave doesn't disprove what I said at all. So Ho-oh and Lugia don't have counterparts; what part of that sentence has anything to do with Suicune being a viable choice? Looking back, Celebi being the third Jhoto mascot makes a lot more sense, but Suicune was chosen. And I don't care if the argument was done months ago. Instead of being a flaccid dick, you could've explained it better.

Hey now, don't get snippy with me just because you can't comprehend basic concepts of logic and reason. I'll do you a solid and not bother dissecting everything else that's so laughably wrong with your post. Just take my word for it that you're so far from being right, you'd need binoculars to see it, k?

Celebi as a box mascot. Hilarity.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Hey now, don't get snippy with me just because you can't comprehend basic concepts of logic and reason. I'll do you a solid and not bother dissecting everything else that's so laughably wrong with your post. Just take my word for it that you're so far from being right, you'd need binoculars to see it, k?

Celebi as a box mascot. Hilarity.

So... instead of disproving anything I said, you try and use(bad) sarcasm to call me stupid. That right there is proof enough you don't REALLY know what you're talking about to anybody. You're just full of it.
Oh, and I never said you were WRONG about what you said to all those other people, I said you were being unnecissarily rude about it.

Last edited:

BCVM22

So... instead of disproving anything I said, you try and use(bad) sarcasm to call me stupid. That right there is proof enough you don't REALLY know what you're talking about to anybody. You're just full of it.

Sigh. If you insist. Let's look at the "third versions" of the other 4 regions.

Kanto - Blue Version was actually the original third version for the original set (I'm sure you're aware of how the original titles were released in Japan), and lo and behold, Blastoise was used on the cover, as the remaining counterpart to Charizard and Venusaur, who graced the covers of Red Version and Green Version, respectively. And then when it came time to engineer a fourth Kanto game, they picked the next best thing to one of the starter Pokémon, which was, of course, Pikachu.

Hoenn - Kyogre for Sapphire, Groudon for Ruby. Then it came time for Emerald. What ended up in that game's cover? Was it one of the Regis? Nope. It was the obvious choice, Rayquaza. A lord of the sky, to match Kyogre's mastery of the sea and Groudon's rule over the land. Green, to go with blue Kyogre and red Groudon and to match the game's title, "Emerald." Bodily markings very similar to those seen on Kyogre and Groudon. Made perfect sense.

Sinnoh - No third version yet, but it should be obvious that it's Giratina. A partial Dragon-type, just like Dialga and Palkia. Base statistics identical to those of Dialga and Palkia, a name etymology derived from a gemstone, numerous aesthetic similarities; fairly obvious.

Suicune was used as Crystal's box Pokémon simply because there was no third counterpart to Ho-oh and Lugia; no "third bird," as you could say, that was a logical choice. So they did what was necessary and pulled one of the legendary beasts to use and center the story around. This is what's called an aberration, a departure from the norm. It is not the usual circumstance and as such it should never be used as a logical precedent in a debate. You say they should have used Celebi? Absolutely not.

Why, you ask?

Nintendo created this concept of "event Pokémon" to add artificial scarcity, rarity and demand when it comes to a handful of creatures out of the hundreds. They do this to push across the in-universe concept of "there are always some Pokémon so rare, so magnificient, that there are only a few of them." The real-world way of achieving this, obviously, is to ensure that there are some critters that you can only get by venturing out of your house to the nearest toy store and standing in line with hundreds of others like you, hoping for the same thing. And when you inevitably end up spending money on Pokémon merchandise when you're at these events, Nintendo sure doesn't mind.

But guess what; if Nintendo just chucks that out the window and slips an event Pokémon into a game and does not "lock it" with an event item (Eon Ticket, etc), all that scarcity disappears and Nintendo loses the artificial demand they create for certain creatures, among other things. Notice how whatever circumstances allowed people to get Celebi from a Japanese copy of Crystal were removed outright for the American release? That wasn't a random decision in the slightest, although it had quite a bit to do with the removal of the game's support for the dial-up online adapter that the Japanese version had.

This is why putting Celebi on the cover of Crystal would have been illogical to the supreme, and why putting Arceus, or Shaymin, or Darkrai or whoever on the cover of the third Sinnoh game is just as illogical. Nintendo tends to this franchise very carefully; again, they are not going to create artificial demand and mystique for some element of it and then just chuck all that out the window on a whim.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Would it not have been much easier to say that in the first place instead of "WOW that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard; your lack of common sense is astounding and you aren't good enough to know why!"

BCVM22

Would it not have been much easier to say that in the first place instead of "WOW that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard; your lack of common sense is astounding and you aren't good enough to know why!"

Because it gets tedious explaining it (in as many words; srsly) twice a week.

Dark_Eevee

evil little Eevee He
I thought it would be Topaz but I was only thinking that

SuperStarly

It'll be unlikely that Giratina will be the mascot of the upcoming D/P spinoff; he's not in the Sinnoh Pokedex. Personally, I think Mesprit will be the mascot.

BCVM22

It'll be unlikely that Giratina will be the mascot of the upcoming D/P spinoff; he's not in the Sinnoh Pokedex. Personally, I think Mesprit will be the mascot.

This is not the correct answer, for all of the aforementioned reasons. Thank you for playing, though.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Well, either the 3rd installment is a completely untrue rumor, or, like BCVM22 said on page 1, they would fit Giratina into the Sinnoh Dex.

However, a Pokemon that receives little recognition, Cresselia, might be the mascot. Compared to Giratina, though, that's not as likely as it sounded at first.

BCVM22

There's still no love for Shaymin D:

What sort of Shaymin love were you looking for in this discussion?

they would fit Giratina into the Sinnoh Dex.

They wouldn't even have to do that. Already, you can't get Giratina until after you've defeated the Elite Four, which is a requirement for obtaining the Sinnoh Dex of itself given the rare and seen-nowhere-else Pokémon members of the Four use. Who says they have to change that for a 3rd Sinnoh game? Give Giratina some sort of non-catchable appearance like Rayquaza got in Emerald when it flew to Sootopolis to calm Kyogre and Groudon and call it a day.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
What sort of Shaymin love were you looking for in this discussion?

They wouldn't even have to do that. Already, you can't get Giratina until after you've defeated the Elite Four, which is a requirement for obtaining the Sinnoh Dex of itself given the rare and seen-nowhere-else Pokémon members of the Four use. Who says they have to change that for a 3rd Sinnoh game? Give Giratina some sort of non-catchable appearance like Rayquaza got in Emerald when it flew to Sootopolis to calm Kyogre and Groudon and call it a day.

Oh, yeah. I thought about that, but must've forgot it.

They could also do the same with Cresselia, but still, Giratina is a better fit.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I disagree with that. In fact, I believe you said earlier they could just add Giratina to the Sinnoh Dex. After all, they did that with Deoxys in Emerald (#202 in the Hoenn Dex). So they could just add him to the Pokedex and not worry about a stream of hate mail from angry fans of the series.

And even if they didn't put it in the Pokedex, they could still let you catch it before the E4, it just wouldn't be registered until after you get the National Dex. My friend actually lent me his Regigigas for the Elite 4.

PaulFan1517

I know you guys all already know this but let me just review it because there may be some people who haven't noticed it:

Dialga

The Dia in its name is derived from the word diamond, even though the Japanese word for diamond is ?????? daiyamondo. The "ga" part in its name may be a corruption of "gon", referring to its origin and type.

Palkia

The Pal (Paru) in its name is derived from the Japanese word for pearl, ??? p?ru.

Giratina

Giratina's name may be derived from either guillotine, girasol or giraffe or a combination of the three.

gir·a·sol /?d??r??s?l, -?s?l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jir-uh-sawl, -sol] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an opal that reflects light in a bright luminous glow.
2. Jerusalem artichoke (def. 1).
–adjective
3. (of a stone) translucent and bluish-white with reddish reflections under strong light; opalescent.

Hopefully that will at least let all you guys saying that giratina will not be on the 3rd boxart reconsider your opinion. Come on I know it seems like its too early to say this but it has to be giratina on the next game

My only question is I wonder what color they will make it. Dialga and Palkia were easy to guess because they both only have like one color on their body each.

But giratina is yellow,black,red,and gray.......

Anyway as to what the name of the game is going to be: POKEMON OPAL

With the grand release of Pokemon Diamond, and Pearl. Many people suspect a new game called "Pokemon Opal," Similar to Sapphire,Ruby, and Emerald. Since Pokemon Diamond had Dialga, and Pokemon Pearl had Palkia. Many suspect that Pokemon Opal, will have Girantia. I don't think it will most likely happen. But hey you never know!

One of the main reasons I think this won't happen is because you can get Girantia in both Diamond and Pearl, but you can't get Rayquazza in both Sapphire and Ruby.

Stupid...
You can get rayquaza in ruby AND sapphire.

BCVM22

Stupid...
You can get rayquaza in ruby AND sapphire.

Congratulations. You corrected a mistake in a post made in October.

Ugh. Look, if the mods won't lock this for whatever reason, then all involved parties just need to agree to stop posting in it. There's very clearly nothing left to discuss, and every time someone bumps the thread just to restate the obvious for the millionth motherloving time, an angel loses its wings. I estimate approximately half the population of Heaven is wingless by now.

Everyone in agreement?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.