• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon OU Team - Alot of time spent on it.

Shucklez

Shuckle and Smeargle
Team At A Glance

|
101.png
|
073.png
|
213.png
|
492.png
|
479-frost.png
|
376.png
|

101.png

Electrode @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sound Proof
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 172 Speed/ 252 SpA/ 40 Atk/ 46 HP
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Explosion

Electrode is my lead, it’s aim is to taunt my opponent, as I Ev’d it’s speed to be exactly 2 above 130 base speeds, saving me Ev’s to make it even more bulky. Usually Swampert / Rhyperior and other ground/rock pokemon switch into Electrode, to combat this, I added in Hidden Power Grass. When my pokemon is going to die, as I am faster than the opponent, I attempt to Explode, but if they have a priority move I have a SLIGHT chance of surviving due to raising my hp.

Electrode Vs Common Leads…

| 1 | Azelf | Taunt it before it taunts me, then proceed to thunderbolt, if it switches to a common Swampert or Rhyperior, I use hidden power grass, if any other pokemon I first analyse the switch and the utility (wall or sweeper), and if it’s a wall, taunt and thunder bolt, and if it’s a sweeper explode.
| 2 | Metagross | OHKO the metagross with a thunderbolt, hopefully, and if not, take the stealth rock .
| 3 | Jirachi | Taunt it and thunder bolt it, the worst it can do after that is flinch me, and because I am faster, I can decide whether to explode or not.
| 4 | Swampert | A joke, hidden power grass straight away!
| 5 | Aerodactyl | Taunt it’s taunt/stealth rock, and proceed to thunderbolt it, or if I’m feeling lucky, thunderbolt from the start.
| 6 | Infernape | Taunt it’s stealth rock, and proceed to thunderbolt it.
| 7 | Hippowdon | Taunt it’s stealth rock and proceed to hidden power grass.
| 8 | Ninjask | Taunt it and then thunderbolt it.
| 9 | Bronzong | Not much I can do against Bronzong, normally I just Taunt it’s leading move and proceed to try and thunderbolt it until it dies.
| 10 | Roserade | Taunt it’s sleep powder and proceed to thunderbolt it to death, as it is quite frail.

073.png

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power Ground
- Surf

I edited the normal hidden power from Electric to Ground, for more power to kill other Tentacruels, and other powerhouses such as Metagross that try and switch into me. With 2 pokemon with electric moves, it was a good choice to spread out the synergy.

213.png

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Glutonny
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpDef
- Toxic
- Encore
- Knock-Off
- Rest

Shuckle is my mixed wall, along with Shaymin‘s aromatherapy, the two become kings of stall, Shuckle rests when it‘s low hp, and switches into Shaymin f or a quick recovery. Anyone who dare attempts to set up on Shuckle will be seeing red when I encore them.

492.png

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Hidden Power Fire
- Seed Flare

Shaymin is the standard set, but greatly aid Shuckle in his stalling, these two make an unbreakable bond. I chose Seed Flare over grass knot because on an average, I would be facing more Vaporeons than Gyarados‘ so why not do more damage?

479-frost.png

Rotom - F @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Shadowball
- Trick

This is basically my main counter, blizzard for threats such as tyranitar, and thunder for togekiss and other annoyers.

376.png

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Bold
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 132 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

The big honcho, it will mash and bash all of my opponents. This basically counters almost all of my threats and is a great asset to my team.

Threat list

Defensive Threats

Blissey- Electrode can taunt/ Explode on a Blissey and switch into a revenge killer, or it can be stall/killed by Shuckle.
Bronzong- Can be easily killed by Shaymin.
Celebi- Can also be killed by Shaymin, Rotom AND Metagross.
Cresselia-. Mince Meat for Rotom
Forretress- Shaymin and Metagross should be able to handle it.
Gliscor- Rotom owns it.
Tentacruel- Electrode easily deals with it, my tentacruel’s HP Ground also deals with it.
Dusknoir- Rotom cleans dusknoir.
Gyarados- Electrode also deals with Gyarados.
Hippowdon- Electrode has the power to kill a Hippowdown.
Jirachi- Metagross owns it.
Rotom-A- Rotom cleans theirs due to my EV Spread.
Skarmory- Electrode easily kills Skarmory.
Snorlax- Electrode can taunt/ Explode on a Snorlax and switch into a revenge killer.
Suicune- Electrode easily deals with Suicune.
Swampert- Electrode easily deals with Swampert.
Tyranitar- Shaymin and Electrode kill it with ease.
Vaporeon- Electrode also deals with Vaporeon.
Zapdos- Tentacruel puts Zapdos in check.
Offensive Threats

Azelf- Rotom Deals with Azelf, or simply Metagross.
Breloom- Metagross and Shaymin.
Gengar- Rotom owns it.
Gyarados- Rotom or Electrode
Heatran- Tentacruel.
Dragonite- Rotom counters Dragonite.
Aerodactyl- Metagross and Rotom owns Aerodactyl.
Infernape- Tentacruel, Electrode and Metagross destroy infernape
Jolteon- Metagross and Tentacruel,
Ninjask- Rotom can switch in safetly.
Porygon-z- Nearly everything in my team is bulky enough to take it out.
Smeargle- BP From Metagross + Toxic Spikes.
Heracross- Fire punch and hidden power from Metagross and Shaymin.
Latias- Rotom fully counters it.
Kingdra- Electrode and Rotom.
Lucario- Rotom is my main check being able to resist fighting/normal then ohko
Machamp- Rotom can deal with it, as well as Metagross.
Magnezone- Tentacruel or Metagross.
Mamoswine- Bullet punch from scizor.
Metagross- Rotom can deal with it.
Salamence- BP from scizor after SR damage.
Electivire- Metagross and Tentacruel.
Flygon- Tentacruel or Metagross.
Togekiss- Rotom and Electrode can deal with it.
Weavile- Metagross counters it.
Scizor- Rotom.
Starmie- Rotom or Electrode.
Tyranitar- Shaymin and Electrode kill it with ease.
Zapdos- Metagross and Tentacruel own it.

Towriss

Banned

479-frost.png

Rotom - F @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Shadowball
- Trick

This is basically my main counter, blizzard for threats such as tyranitar, and thunder for togekiss and other annoyers.

One quick thing, this thing is complete setup fodder for DD-Tar as it walls every attack with it's massive SpD.​

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
If your going against sombody on wifi then your Rotom-F form will turn back to its original form. Since this protects your team around many OU treats such as Mixmence, Tyranitar, etc. that may be a problem. Also I would change your Electrode's item to a focus sash if it was me. Otherwise I really don't see any big flaws.

Shucklez

Shuckle and Smeargle
When i play people, we agree that i use a AR code so it doesnt revert, and okay, il change item to focus sash =D. What shd i replace rotom-f with/

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
here's a problem...many of the threats to ur team depend on electrodes explode. what if there's 2 of them, like snorlax and infernape are both on opponents team? yoi can only explode once...I would try to find a way to depend on electrode less. :)

Rezzo

Occasionally
Okay Shucklez, I have to admit that you did this well for someone who only spent 2 hours or whatever on it... I will rate as I promised.

1. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "Bold" nature for that Metagross, as that minuses from attack. Switch it to Adamant.

2. Sorry, but Electrode can't counter Tentacruel, neither can a HP Ground Tentacruel, especially when it has absolutely no IVs in Sp. Atk. The best counter you have for him is between Metagross and Rotom.

3. Put Tentacruel's Def. EVs into its Speed. Tentacruel isn't by any means slow.

4. Your Rotom is quite lacksture. Try and use this.
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
252 Sp. Atk /252 Spe /6 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Focus Blast
-Trick

Obviously, Gengar compared to Rotom lacks Electric STAB and Blizzard, but it's superior Sp. Attack and Speed can prove it to be superior in some situations.

5. ThunderPunch is better than Fire punch on Metagross, because it keeps Water types from switching in, especially Gyarados who grins at this set.

Hope I helped somewhat. :)