• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Parallels

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
I'm not talking about counterparts necessarily, but Pokemon that seem to have a relation to each other nonetheless.

An example I have is the Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx line. In Gen 1 they were single stage evolution lines, and they filled out a triangle of sorts. Gen 2 came along and they all got baby evolutions. Then, in Gen 4, Jynx didn't get an evolution, but now Rhydon got Rhyperior and now it seems like the parallel is between Magmortar, Electivire, and Rhyperior.

Another example is Gligar and Sneasel. They're both gen 2 Pokemon who get item specific evolutions in Gen 4, but there's no really obvious connection linking the two together like there is for Pokemon like Caterpie and Weedle.

I also consider Arcanine, Ninetales, and Rapidash to be a bit of a triangle parallel themselves, despite Rapidash evolving without a Fire Stone.

Are there any other parallels you guys can spot, since that's about all I've got.

Enjolras

Master of the House
I have the team of Mews

Mewtwo, Mewtwo (Awakened Form) Mew (Cloned Form) and Mew

That's not even possible since one of your Mew formes doesn't exist as of yet.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
I kinda consider Heracross and Pinsir to be parallels despite being introduced in different generations. Pinsir although, is outclassed by a wide margin by Heracross.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Like Throh and Sawk?
Or Audino and Chansey?
Or Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, and Patrat?

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Pidgey and Pidove line, Hoppip and Cottonee lines, Dratini, Bagon, and Deino lines, and the two that evolve from uglies, Gyarados and Milotic

725roy

ambivolent
Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza versus Dialga, Palkia and Giratina

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
Volbeat and Illumise, obviously.

Vulpix and Growlithe, typical version counterparts.

Tangela and Likitung.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Miltank is the female Tauros.

Ditto B1tch

Version counterparts are good shots of parallel Pokémons.

I can say Ludicolo's and Shiftry's lines. Both are 3 stage evolutionary and requires a stone to reach the adult stage.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Minccino line(cleanliness) and trubbish line(filth)

Pikachu and their region counterparts/cousins

fossil pokemon, like kabuto to omnyte or Lileep to anorith

any legendary trio

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Roggenrola and Geodude

Drilbur and Sandshrew

Woobat and Zubat

Every Starter to date

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
;212;;484;These are kinda random but still:
gallade and gardevoir
mime JR. and Bonsly
gyarados and milotic
miltank and tauros
pinsir and scyther (maybe herracross as well)
elecbuzz and magmar
The fossil pokemon
ledian and ariados
butterfree and beedrill
slowbrow and slowking (i think)
most legendary pokemon
jigglypuff and clefairy
and lots more!

Last edited:

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
It's a bit of a subtle one, but Meditite/Scraggy and Medicham/Scrafty.
They're both fighters, but they fight in different ways.