• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Pearl won't work

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I was going to start up my Pearl version and see how far I managed to get before I gave in to Explorers of the Sky, but now it's not working. All my other games work, but not this one. What could be wrong?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I tried that, it still doesn't work.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'll ask the obvious question; Are you sure that it's a real game and not a fake? Where did you get it?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
GameStop, two years ago.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
GameStop, two years ago.

I've seen a few fake games being sold used at Gamestop in the past. Did you buy it new or used? And you didn't explain what the symptoms were. Could you define "not working"? What happens when you try to use it?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I bought it new at GameStop not long after I got Diamond, which is essentially when it came out.

Anyway, I would put Pearl into my DS Lite, and when it loads, the only options that are highlighted are PictoChat, DS Download and Play, and if I have a GBA game in the bottom slot, Start GBA Game. All my other DS games load fine.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I can't honestly tell, because it's so small.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
@TomDraco: What part of "I already tried that" did you NOT UNDERSTAND?!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, maybe if someone offered a REAL solution instead of "Oh, blow on it" or "Oh, it's fake," which we've already eliminated, then maybe we'd make some progress here.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Only solution of mine is to wait the next day, then put it in. It has happened to me a few times with Mystery Dungeon 1 for the DS in my DSi

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
It's been a couple days. Was I not supposed to try it for 24 hours?

EDIT: Does rubbing alcohol work?

Last edited:

Raichu_is_awesome

Surge loves Raichu
It's been a couple days. Was I not supposed to try it for 24 hours?

EDIT: Does rubbing alcohol work?

What the h3ll are you thinking are you think of course rubbing alcohol won't work! If anything it would make it worse!

Step 1 Get a Dry CLEAN washcloth and LIGHTLY rub it.

Step 2 Blow on it lightly.

Step 3 Repeat step 1 & 2 as many times as you think necessary.

Step 4 If it still doesn't work take it to Best Buy (or Gamestop/EBgames, but Best Buy is better) and see if they could fix it.

Step 5 If they still can't fix it. Sell it on eBay saying it's in very good condition. Then with the money you get from the game. Buy it at Gamestop.

;026;

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Okay, you obviously fail to grasp four concepts:

1. I have repeatedly tried steps 1-3 before your post, and obviously, I didn't see results.

2. Neither Best Buy nor GameStop fix video games. I know, I tried to get my Silver Version fixed at GameStop with zero results.

3. Step 5 is not only dishonest, but most likely illegal. I could get sued for false advertising.

4. Kotone is not Kris. The sooner you understand that, the happier you'll be. Now, unless you have a real solution, **** off.