• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Pearl won't work

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
what do u ant to do with the game I can take a look at it myself

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well, maybe if someone offered a REAL solution instead of "Oh, blow on it" or "Oh, it's fake," which we've already eliminated, then maybe we'd make some progress here.

Well what do you want? Some amazing post saying "Here's the answer. Now it's fixed!". We don't know what you've tried if you don't say. How were we supposed to know that you already tried all of these things when your first post only has 3 sentances?

And have you tried the obvious answer of phoning Nintendo and asking them? Your atititude makes me seem that you don't want any help from anyone here.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I tried dipping a Q-Tip in rubbing alcohol and scrubbing it on the connectors, but I didn't see any grime or anything, so I've just reaigned myself to the fact that it's broken and will need to be replaced.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
if you want send me the game i have nothing better to do if u dont want the game anymore

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Watch the attitude, Darth Osiris.

If you keep a pleasant attitude, even if people are suggesting things you have already tried, people are more likely to stay around and suggest other things.

Ice Dingo

Well if you're gonna clean the contacts with something, isopropyl alcohol works well. And from what I can tell rubbing alcohol is isopropyl so it should be fine. Just try to get the stuff that is over 90% isopropyl and it should be fine.

Isopropyl alcohol is great for cleaning.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Ooh, I got the 70% alcohol kind. That, that could explain it.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Yeah, but I didn't see any grime on the swab.