• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Pencil drawings and a few portraits

Well, it's been a while since I last posted here. I'd like to share some of my latest drawings.

Usually I'll do reference work, such as from Pokemon cards, official art, or sprites.

moonlight_by_themexicansmeargle-d54kzol_zps90c3220c.png

This one was based on my favorite mew card, I could only find a tiny picture of it on the card dex at Serebii. I drew my own little grass and flowers and whatnot, and added the moon. I drew this on an index card, so it's rather tiny!

legendary_beast_bookmarks_by_themexicansmeargle-d5mi9yp_zpsa09f009a.png

These are bookmarks I made based on the pokemon cards I found in the card dex, but I couldn't find one I liked for Raikou, I just wan't contempt with the poses I found. Luckily, I stumbled upon some anime reference sheets and based the drawing off that pose! I had to come up with the shading there.

apologies_by_themexicansmeargle-d5hyb08_zps7ea30f74.png

Just a little drawing I did to do my apologizing for me :p

Portraits:
imagine_by_themexicansmeargle-d5hgadu_zpsae3375f4.png

John Lennon portrait I finished just in time for the anniversary of his birth this year.

bad_ironing_job_by_themexicansmeargle-d575enb_zps335989fc.png

Portrait of a friend, I had a rather low-res picture to work with :/

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed these. If you'd like to see bigger sizes of these, as well as more in-depth descriptions, I'd love to invite you to see my gallery at themexicansmeargle.deviantart.com

Last edited:

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Hey there! Haven't seen you in a while since... I dunno. But it's been a while that I've seen one of the best artists here in the forums. As usual, I'm really amazed with your artworks and say that a lot of them are (if not nearly) perfect!

Hey, well you know, life keeps you busy, but I'll be poking my head in every once in a while : ) I've really strayed away form making much pokemon art as of late, to be honest, there are a lot of other things to draw! Still pokemon is like... POKEMON! So I can't stay away too long cx

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Hey, well you know, life keeps you busy, but I'll be poking my head in every once in a while : ) I've really strayed away form making much pokemon art as of late, to be honest, there are a lot of other things to draw! Still pokemon is like... POKEMON! So I can't stay away too long cx

I know and I also know how that feels as well. It's pretty good too that you're drawing arts of different thing aside from Pokemon. I agree with you there. Hopefully you can post some more of your arts here and yeah, I'll check out your gallery if I can on DA. I also have an account but I haven't been using it and no posts on it. :/

Oh, and I also hope you have/had a good Christmas! :)

Runandwine

Knight Trainer
omg your art is fabulous!! :U the beasts bookmarks are so cool <33
but the most impressive is your portraits, they're PERFECT!! And god I know how tough is to do realistic portraits hahah, I've done some for my school a couple years ago, and is so impossible for me to make them like yours ;u; awesome
great work! <33

I know and I also know how that feels as well. It's pretty good too that you're drawing arts of different thing aside from Pokemon. I agree with you there. Hopefully you can post some more of your arts here and yeah, I'll check out your gallery if I can on DA. I also have an account but I haven't been using it and no posts on it. :/

Oh, and I also hope you have/had a good Christmas! :)

Hopefully, eventually, haha. Doing things in a more complex way takes more time! And thank you, happy holidays to you as well :) See you on DA, maybe.

omg your art is fabulous!! :U the beasts bookmarks are so cool <33
but the most impressive is your portraits, they're PERFECT!! And god I know how tough is to do realistic portraits hahah, I've done some for my school a couple years ago, and is so impossible for me to make them like yours ;u; awesome
great work! <33

Thank you!
It IS tough, takes a lot of time and patience, precision, all that, it's really not something for the impatient kinds haha.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Oh my gosh. Those Legendary bookmarks....Particularly the Entei one.....It's incredible!!! *~*

Oh my gosh. Those Legendary bookmarks....Particularly the Entei one.....It's incredible!!! *~*

Thanks! :) It was a well detailed card, so I had lots to work with haha. The real challenge was that Raikou, since it was only line work. It's fun coming up with the shading, but it's easier when you've already got shades well established.

That reminds me, I did a Garchomp and a Mew bookmark, but I gave those to a couple of my friends who like to read haha. Never took pictures of those, sorry.

If anyone is curious about the process I usually take to draw stuff, well here's an example: http://themexicansmeargle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4qktu3