• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Platinum: Battle tower team

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Its my first team for Battle tower, so don't be Harsh and Say
"ugh, your team sux! Using timid instead of adamant oo blah blah blah"
Also, i need help with items, so any help is apreciated.
Uxie@Leftovers
Bold nature
~Thunder Wave
~Flash
~Substitute
~Light Screen
My lead, first i use Substitute, then i can set Screens and Spread Paralyzis and Flash for lowering they Accuracing and Speed.
Electivire@Expert belt
Adamant nature
~Thunder punch
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop
~Earthquake
My sweeper. Id never used him, so i don't Know if this is good set.
Garchomp@...
Adamant nature
~Fire fang
~Dragon claw
~Earthquake
~Stone edge/Swords dance.
That is my team, also post EV'S for me and a good Special sweeper for replacing Garchomp, or Garchomp is good here? Thanks.

Last edited:
it looks good to me you have alot of type coverage but id give uxie psychic instead of flash

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Uxie@Choice Scarf
Bold nature
~Thunder Wave
~Flash
~Trick
~Light Screen / Reflect

Trick is a must on Uxie,
It locks the opponent into one move, and then remove its speed advantage
with Thunder Wave. Depending on who you tend to send out first -after
Uxie- you may want to change, since Light Screen is more beneficial to
Garchomp, and Reflect is better for Electivire.

On a side note, consider the following:
• Cresselia has superior bulk(due to 120 base hp) and has access to recovery in the form of Moonlight.
• Latias is faster even without a Choice Scarf, so it can still be effective after the initial set-up. It has access to Charm as well, which can severely cripple powerful threats such as Garchomp3(Scarf) and Garchomp4(SD)
Although, it may attract ice/dragon type moves which are dangerous for your teammates.

Leads are important ^^;

Electivire@Expert belt
Adamant nature
~Thunder punch
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop
~Earthquake

Good.

Consider Scizor or Lucario in this scenario; they both resist ghost/dark and attract fire/ground type attacks,
so it's easy to switch from your lead. Garchomp has a x4 resistance to fire type attacks. Moreover, they can set up well, especially Lucario with Calm Mind+Iron Defense.

Garchomp@Leftovers
Jolly nature
~Substitute
~Dragon claw
~Earthquake
~Stone edge/Swords dance.

You won't need Adamant's power boost if you use Swords Dance, so switch
to Jolly if at all possible. Dragon Claw+Earthquake provide near perfect coverage,
resisted by only Bronzong and Skarmory, that's what Fire Fang is for, though it's
more important to be safe, so hide behind a Substitute.

Good luck~

Last edited:

GoldenGengar

Gengar Forever <3
Uxie@Leftovers Choice Scarf
Bold nature
EV's:252HP,240Def,16Spd
~Thunder Wave
~Flash Trick
~Substitute Stealth Rock
~Light Screen Memento

Choice Scarf and Trick will be far more useful for your lead (Uxie). Locking your opponents lead into a single move, or even a power up move. Use Stealth Rock to set up and to help make sweeping easier. Then Memento for when your Uxie is about to go down. Lowering your opponents Attack and Special Attack.

Electivire@Expert belt
Adamant nature
EV's:252Attk,252Spd,4HP
~Thunder punch
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop
~Earthquake
Your Electivire looks good, this set is actually well known and used by many. This set actually covers alot to be honest, so as for your Electivire looks good.

Garchomp@Lum Berry
Adamant Jolly nature
EV's:252Attk,252Spd,4HP
~Fire fang Substitute
~Dragon claw Outrage
~Earthquake
~Swords dance.
For your Garchomp run Swords Dance over Stone Edge, trust me if you set up at least one Swords Dance you will be ready for happy sweeping. Set up Substitute and use your Swords Dance, and you should be ready for sweeping while Substitute covering you when your readying up.Also run the Outrage and Lum Berry combo it will work with wonders using your Swords Dance. Your Garchomp will work well with the team don't worry.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Uxie wants Trick/Flash/ Memento/Thunder Wave

I agree with peacemaker, Lucario could replace Electivire.

Tried and true TS set:

Lucario @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Iron Defense
~ Flash Cannon

Nothing is immune to Flash Cannon, and it's STAB. CM and ID make your Subs almost impenetrable.

(Pro)bopass

Certified Behemoth
Standard TrickScarf Uxie wants Bold and 252 HP/188 SpD/68 Def with Shuckle's set.

SDChomp wants Jolly and Dragon Claw>Outrage with Sub and EQ.

Since it was mentioned, here's a Scizor set.

Scizor@Iron Plate
Adamant
Technician
248 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe/4 SpD
- Roost
- Substitute
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
That Lucario set looks good and i would suggest that also, since having a special based pokemon would help a lot.

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Uxie Mesprit @Leftovers Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP, 6 Def, 252 Speed
~ Thunder Wave
~ Flash
~ Substitute Trick
~ Light Screen Charm

IVs are important in the Battle Tower, so please consider getting high values for those. There are very few Pokemon that can use this set in the Battle Tower. Mesprit is one of them. As stated earlier, Latias is another. Uxie has much higher defensive power, but it cannot learn Charm. As someone already stated, you Trick first turn, and with Choice Scarf equipped, you outpace almost every other lead. Then proceed to Thunder Wave. If the opponent is a ground type, then start with Charm or Flash depending on what it uses first turn. Because you locked your opponent into using one move, there are a few moves to consider. Notably: Toxic and Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is useless against your Electivire and Garchomp. However, Toxic can ruin your day because you have no one immune to Toxic.

Your Substitute and Light Screen are not very effective. Substitute doesn't help Uxie or Mesprit much. There is only so much you can do with Thunder Wave, Flash, and Light Screen. And once you have a few of those moves in, you will be stalling with Substitute because you can't use many other moves. Also, your moveset is not useful against Metagross. You can Thunder Wave and set up Substitute and Light Screen, but that's all that you can do. You also wasted that Substitute if you use it.

Electivire @Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Attack, 6 Def, 252 Speed
~ Thunderpunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

As stated already, Electivire is not useful in this team. He is very much outclassed by Garchomp in every aspect. Good coverage with moves, but he just can't dish out attacks very hard. He also doesn't make good use of your Lead. Your lead's job is to buy you time to power up so you can OHKO your opponent. Your lead isn't going to Thunder Wave, Trick, and Charm every opponent. So you can't just plain out attack and hope for the best. This is the Battle Tower. Your opponent's Pokemon are high leveled with good moves and some have perfect IV. And I'm sure that they are EV'd as well.

There have been other suggestions. Test them out. The key thing is that you need a Pokemon that is immune to Toxic and can set up. It is NOT important to have a special sweeper here!

Garchomp @Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant Jolly
EV: 252 Attack, 6 Def, 252 Speed
~ Fire Fang Substitute
~ Dragon Claw Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Swords Dance

Immune to Thunder Wave is great. Swords Dance to power up under Substitute if you so choose. Outrage is the better choice here. Alongside Lum Berry, it can be used twice. And if you Swords Dance enough, that's game.

I'll leave you with this:
The Battle Tower isn't a drawn out match with 6 vs 6. It's 3 vs 3. That calls for a little different style of play. And every Pokemon you choose with its moveset is critical. A loss of any of your Pokemon can result in you losing and starting all over again. Think of Chess with only 3 pieces (one of which is the King or in this case Lead). So you're down to 2 slots to make good use of. If you make a bad move, you're done! End of story.