1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Platinum/HGSS Strategies

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Satomi, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Satomi

Satomi Are Gijinkas allowed here?

I played the Gen 4 games even more than the Gen 7 games recently. I excluded Diamond and Pearl, 'cause I never really played those games and I heard a lot of negative stuff about those games, such as it being too slow and pretty bad pacing. But enough about that! I wanna know what you did in your playthrough of Platinum and HGSS to beat both games. I'll also tell you what I did in my playthrough of those games.(Keep in mind, Sere's rules apply in this thread as well.)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  2. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

Hmm currently playing both Soul Silver and Platinum right now. As I type but in the past and now;

For Sinnoh:
    - Most play throughs I choose an Infernape since there are 0 fire types in Sinnoh ever. Ponyta is nice sure but..
    - HM slave Bidoof every time.
    - Usually bringing a staraptor w me no matter what.
    - Grinding. Tons of grinding.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I didn't have too many strategies in D/P/Pt: I mainly used Shinou Pokemon on my teams however, and I traded over some Lucky Eggs in Pearl from Platinum a few years ago to make leveling up faster.

4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I usually catch a Starly as soon as I get my first few PokeBalls, then raise it all the way into Staraptor. In Platinum, I often catch Magikarp with the Old Rod on Route 218 and slap the Exp. Share on it when I reach Eterna City. Other Pokemon I often raise are Rotom, Weavile, Gallade, Floatzel, Roserade (if I don't choose Turtwig as my starter), or rarely, I evolve Eevee I get from Bebe into Espeon.
    In HG/SS, I always pick either Totodile or Cyndaquil as my starter. I then catch a Spearow at Route 46 and raise it into Fearow. I often use Chinchou/Lanturn, Nidoking, Espeon, and catch Heracross as soon as I meet the Headbutt guy. With Brick Break, it destroys Whitney's Miltank easily.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I did this on Diamond, Pearl, and my Japanese Platinum as well. However, when I played Platinum in English, I decided to use a Togekiss as my team's Flying-type.

6. Satomi

Satomi Are Gijinkas allowed here?

I traded my entire teams between SS and Platinum. Game became Gen 6/7 easy for me.

Denko Sekka likes this.