• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Platinum In-game Team(Need a final member)

Sharpedo_14

So I recently started a new Platinum save file. I decided to use pokemon I had never used before to make a team. I also wanted to try and use Sinnoh pokemon, or at least pokemon with a Sinnoh member in their evolutionary chain. I am stuck on the final member though. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

;392;Infernape Blaze
Fire Punch/Flamethrower
Close Combat
Solarbeam
Sunny day

;407;Roserade Natural Cure
Petal Dance
Aromatherapy
Weather Ball
Toxic/Toxic Spikes/Sludge Bomb

;477;Dusknoir Pressure
Shadow Punch
Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch
Payback
Will-o-Wisp

;457;Lumineon Strom Drain
Surf
Ice Beam
Aqua Ring
Safeguard/Silver Wind

;242;Blissey Serene Grace
Softboiled
Calm Mind
Psychic
Special Move (Really not sure)

I would really like to use an underused pokemon for my final member (No Staraptor Garchomp etc.) Plus I would like it to be a Sinnoh pokemon. All suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. (Not caring about Natures for this team because it is in-game)

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
So I recently started a new Platinum save file. I decided to use pokemon I had never used before to make a team. I also wanted to try and use Sinnoh pokemon, or at least pokemon with a Sinnoh member in their evolutionary chain. I am stuck on the final member though. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

;392;Infernape Blaze
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot/ThunderPunch

He is too frail to set up Sunny Day and use Solarbeam.

;407;Roserade Natural Cure
Petal Dance
Aromatherapy
HP Fire
Shadow Ball

;477;Dusknoir Pressure
Shadow Punch
Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch
Payback
Will-o-Wisp

;457;Lumineon Strom Drain
Surf
Ice Beam
Aqua Ring
Safeguard/Silver Wind

;242;Blissey Serene Grace
Softboiled
Calm Mind
Psychic
Special Move (Really not sure)

I would really like to use an underused pokemon for my final member (No Staraptor Garchomp etc.) Plus I would like it to be a Sinnoh pokemon. All suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. (Not caring about Natures for this team because it is in-game)

Suggestion in bold.

EvilTyranitar

Use azeem's moveset for infernape, but use rock slide for the last slot. Then have it hold an expert belt. That's what I use with mine, and it wrecks everything.

Then for your last pokemon, maybe something like tangrowth? It's an excellent physical tank.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
HP [Fire] is not easy to get , so Sludge Bomb is an alternative. Oh and Azeem , suggesing HP ingame is not recommended.

Tangrowth provides bad Synergy with your Team , Umbreon could work.

Sharpedo_14

Umbreon would work nicely. I will look into using it. And the Infernape moveset is very nice. Thank you

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
On the Pokemon I use HP, I always breed for IVs.