• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Platinum: Rate my nOOb team please....again xD

Sohryu

Be a Man!
094.png
Gengar@Wise glass
-Thunder bolt
-Focus blast
-Shadow ball
-Energy ball
Role: special sweeper.
306.png
Aggron@muscle band
-Stone edge
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Iron head
392.png
Infernape@....
-Swords dance
-Flare blitz
-Thunder punch
-Close combat
389.png
Torterra@...
-Seed bomb
-Stone edge
-Earthquake
-Rock polish
121.png
Starmie@...
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Thunder bolt
-Recover
334.png
Altaria@leftovers
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Dragon dance
-Roost
I don't are posting natures, since they all have bad natures :p
But yours can suggest natures okay? Also, its a In-game team, i made this team 'cause i don't have nothing to do xD

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Gengar Modest Nature
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast
~Hypnosis/Destiny Bond

Shadow Ball is STAB,T-Bolt and Focus Blast give you great coverage,and the 4th slot is your choice.

Torterra Adamant Nature
~Seed Bomb
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Curse

Curse set.Set up,then sweep.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Specs starmie isn't that good, since it's in-game and it's better if you can change your moves. Use life orb as the item. maybe dragon claw over outrage on altaria since confusion really sucks

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Your team is fine so people here are just nit-picking at small things to improve upon. If I were you, I'd stick to what I have. More breeding and getting extra TMs isn't exactly the most thrilling part of the game.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Overall, this is a pretty good team. But I have one thing to say:

Wood hammer>seed bomb.

It is a matter of choice, but I still think wood hammer's better.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Your team is fine so people here are just nit-picking at small things to improve upon. If I were you, I'd stick to what I have. More breeding and getting extra TMs isn't exactly the most thrilling part of the game.
i want to breed, so its not a problem to me. Some suggestion about natures?

Overall, this is a pretty good team. But I have one thing to say:

Wood hammer>seed bomb.

It is a matter of choice, but I still think wood hammer's better.

Grass in not a needed type, so losing HP is not an option just for more power, also Seed bomb gets STAB so...

Ninja Dog

Banned
^but Wood hammer also gets STAB...

Ninja Dog

Banned
Oh really? Id never tought that Wood hammer is STAB to Torterra :p
I know it gets STAB, but Seed Bomb will do better.

Sorry, the way you said made it sound like you were choosing seed bomb since only it got STAB

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Natures, natures. Gengar, timid or modest. Aggron looks more like it would want adamant. i don't know how fast yours is so brave could also do. Jolly or adamant for ape and jolly for RP terra or adamant for curse. Timid for starmie and adamant or jolly for altaria. Your team is more physical than special. Adding another special or mixed attacker can help.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
2 Special sweeper with an base of 130 and 110 of Sp atk is fine, i don't need 3 physicals and 3 specials
Goldengengar, exactly! Wood Hammer take to "much" HP, and he is Slow, so Seed Bomb do better since its STAB and don't take out HP

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Aggron - dammit, if this were HGSS then you got access to head smash!
I don't think that Iron Head is that necessary as it does some repetitive coverage (definitely type wise and I think but am not sure pokemon wise)
I'm not positively sure what you want to replace iron head but I'm thinking maybe just something like payback, so more types are covered.

Infernape usually carries a Life Orb but that's usually for a mixed set. I think you would wanna go with muscle band
because your HP will already be hindered from the big recoil from flare blitz.

Torterra can go with leftovers as an item I suppose. Doesn't hurt to use muscle band again

I would agree with the Psychic > Recover comments. It's probably the better choice in game
As for the item for starmie, Life Orb or choice specs. I would personally go with specs because I like choice items :)

You could take advantage of alterias good defenses, bulk and the fact that it has roost and
make it hold a Life Orb. That way the damage from life orb should've have too much effect

Eveything I said are just suggestions (except for psychic. you should change that). YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME! DO WHAT YOU TIHNK IS RIGHT
I can't see any other problems. Good job!

Kays

Lati-twins <3
2 Special sweeper with an base of 130 and 110 of Sp atk is fine, i don't need 3 physicals and 3 specials
Goldengengar, exactly! Wood Hammer take to "much" HP, and he is Slow, so Seed Bomb do better since its STAB and don't take out HP
Wood Hammer doesn't take away too much HP. Only 1/3. So if you can dish out 300 HP of damage, you lose 100 HP. Which IMO, is great because that can OHKO many Pokemon at minimal cost to you. And you can always use items to heal. It's always better than an attack from your opponent because Seed Bomb isn't strong enough. And that attack will probably be worse than 100 HP.

I've used Flare Blitz on Arcanine and Infernape. It makes you lose 1/3 HP as well, and I've never had issues with healing before they sweep the whole team. And it's not like you're locked into that one move.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I understand this. But as you said: 1/3 of HP, 3 attack and i die xD
Seed Bomb is fine, Torterra for me is a Ground pokemon, i don't are caring with his Grass side, so i go with Seed bomb.

Kays

Lati-twins <3
I understand this. But as you said: 1/3 of HP, 3 attack and i die xD
Seed Bomb is fine, Torterra for me is a Ground pokemon, i don't are caring with his Grass side, so i go with Seed bomb.
No, you're wrong. That's 1/3 of the damage that you dish out. It's not 1/3 of your current HP or 1/3 of your total HP.