• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Platinum: Trying a NEW Battle tower team...

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Uxie@Choice Scarf
Bold nature?
Current EV's Training: 252 SP Def
252 Def
~trick
~Flash
~Memento
~Thunder Wave
Uxie sets is self explanatory
Registell@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Current EV Training:
200 Sp Def, 200 Def, 100 Atk
~Curse
~Amnesia
~Substitute
~Iron Head
Adamant Nature?! Wtf! And 100 ATK?! Ugh, you Suck. I know that this Regi is really strange, he wont take much damage With Curse and Amnesia, so Adamant + 100 Atk for deal damage.

Swampert@Life Orb?
Brave Nature
EV's 250 Atk 230 Def 30 Def
~Substitute
~Curse
~Earthquake
~Super power
Don't know what i do With Swampert, SP is there for OHKO certain enemys. Swampert Gets Outrage by Breeding, but i don't are sure if i use Outrage+Earthquake

Last edited:

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
I don't rate BT teams so I'll just do some moveset stuff rather than strategy etc.

EQ+super power is pretty bad on swampert. Outrage+EQ is a much better idea. Or you could go EQ+avalanche. Return+Waterfall is a safer but less powerful idea for swampert - but then you'll have nothing that hits neutral or more against empoleon so I wouldn't go with it

that's it lol.

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
Waterfall + EQ would probably be fine. Although flying dragons and gyarados resist it, they're usually physical anyway. About the most worrying would be dragonite with special attacks.

Superpower + EQ is a mess though, as a huge amount of flying pokemon resist it (dragonite/gyarados other flying dragons, legendary birds, xatu)

whoa whoa whoa at the life orb on swampert. if you're using a boosting move (curse/dragon dance) keep it to things which increase it defensively. I'd probably suggest the grass resist berry, as there's a lot of strong special grass attacks.

I'd also very much consider rest over substitute on swampert also. Chesto/Lum will work well in this case.

Personally, i dont think the swampert is adding a lot. I think you need something quick just to pick up anything your registeel doesn't get. Preferably resistant to fire and ground (gyarados/dragons)

Sohryu

Be a Man!
^
Good point, Gyarados.....i tottaly forgot him o_O
What about this Gyarados?
Gyarados@Lum berry
Jolly Nature
~Substitute
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Outrage
This Gyarados lock me into Outrage...
But can OHKO almost anyathing after a +3 Boost from DD, tough.

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
apart from empoleon (who isn't particularly common or particularly hard to beat) would anything resist waterfall + outrage? i only suggest this as EQ is fairly unreliable due to the massive amount of levitators/flying types.
Also waterfall hits harder on gyarados as it's a STAB, where EQ isn't. As an added bonus it also has a good chance to flinch.

I think having a pokemon who can dragon dance would help you a massive amount.

Looks really good! reckon you can hit at least 60 with this.

The biggest problem i can see your team having is with electric types. Registeel will probably manage, but it will suck if he gets hit by thunderbolt and gets paralyzed, as gyarados cannot take hits from thunderbolt at all.
Although i can't see how you can get over thunderbolts, still, when you get amnesia up, it wont be dealing any damage anyway.

I can't see anything else breaking the streak apart from a lot of hax.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I still are using Swampert, since he still have Outrage, but if i gonna use Gyarados as a Dragon Dancer, then i can stick with Swampert + Curse + outrage.
The only problem is Spirtomb, he can't survive hits easily, so my Bold Uxie would do better the job as a lead :)
And hey, trust me, after a few Curse and Amnesia on Registell, it makes him undefeatble! Few things harm him xD

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
I still are using Swampert, since he still have Outrage, but if i gonna use Gyarados as a Dragon Dancer, then i can stick with Swampert + Curse + outrage.
The only problem is Spirtomb, he can't survive hits easily, so my Bold Uxie would do better the job as a lead :)
And hey, trust me, after a few Curse and Amnesia on Registell, it makes him undefeatble! Few things harm him xD

only thing if you used swampert is that a simple strong special attacker then starts (i.e alakazam) causing problems. steel is brilliant for dealing with stab psychic/ghost attacks.

I think you're much better off with your registeel + gyara and a trickscarf lead.

For being "neutral" to electric should be fine, for registeel can probably still steamroll everything even if it gets paralyzed.

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Replace Swampert with someone else. Swampert may use Curse well, but by lowering its speed, you give your opponent much needed turns to kill it. And Critical Hits in the Battle Tower are quite popular.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Replace Swampert with someone else. Swampert may use Curse well, but by lowering its speed, you give your opponent much needed turns to kill it. And Critical Hits in the Battle Tower are quite popular.

Then i gonna kick Swampert As*! What about using Kingdra? He only have 1 weakness, average stats and Acess to Dragon Dance. I have two Kingdras, one of then have Jolly nature, and the other one have Adamant Nature. So i posting their IV's
Jolly Kingdra
29 Atk IV's
28 Def IV's
31 Sp Def IV's
12 Sp Atk IV's
8 HP IV's
24 Speed IV's
Adamant Kingdra
30 Atk IV's
25 Def IV's
26 Sp Def IV's
28 HP IV's
8 Speed IV's
A set for Kindra
Kingdra@Lumberry
~Water Fall
~Outrage
~Substitute
~Dragon Dance

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
both look really good tbh!

I'd probably suggest the jolly one, so that you can get the substitute up faster than the opposing pokemon can put out damage.

Set looks great, shame we can't have 2x leftovers ^^

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
If you are going to use a Kingdra go with the Jolly one because it's faster and all. Registeel looks like a weird pokemon for this kind of team. I don't know if it would be better if you used a Special attacker over that so you have a good mix in the team.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
If you are going to use a Kingdra go with the Jolly one because it's faster and all. Registeel looks like a weird pokemon for this kind of team. I don't know if it would be better if you used a Special attacker over that so you have a good mix in the team.

What?! Registeel is The annoyer, nothing hit him hard after a +6 Def and Atk from Curse and a +6 Sp def from a Amnesia even a Earthquake, Fire blast, can hit him like SE Damage, and Critical hits sounds like neutral. You only saying this 'cause you rarely see someone using Regis

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
actually critical hits BYPASS +6.

this means it doesn't give a crap about how much defense boosts you've got, or how much you've affected the opponents special attack/attack.

As an example, my gyarados takes ~10 damage after reducing the opponents attack 4 times. a critical hit then does 60 damage, i'm like wtf happened? this is on the gameboy, so not on PC, where i may have dowloaded something odd.

I do not believe critical hits are simply x2 damage. I believe they ignore boosts to defense and ignore decreases to atk/spa.
I was looking for the formula where critical hits damage is decided but couldnt find one which made any sense.
Due to this, this is why i believe substitute to be so popular, for if it bases it on base atk/spa and base def/spd and multiplies by 2, then any boosts are insignificant for defense purposes. Which is why attack bonuses or pokemon which negate critical hits (i.e drapion) work so well.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
^
Critical hits don't work that way, it doubles the foe Atk. So you can leave a Poke with 80 Atk after some intimidates, but if a Critical Hits lands, the atk go to 160...
Example: Gyarados have an Atk of 200, if a Critical hits works the Atk reachs 400 or more, thats why they dangerous, also Substitute is there to protect from Haxing :p
So i don't care with Hay, only of Evasion Haxing :p

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Registeel won't go good with this team and I would go with Jolly Kingdra to simply get that speed to quickly Sub.

At least say why Registeel Sucks in this team...
Just saying that Registeel don't work on this team don't help me IN NOTHING. Also, Registeel is being the best on my team, as i mentioned, after the bosts on its defenses nothing hit him Hard...even SE damage cant harm him, the only problem i can see is Haxing :p
And ****, Palmer Regigas tried to Hax me to death :p
He defeat Kingdra without getting hit..

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
And ****, Palmer Regigas tried to Hax me to death :p
He defeat Kingdra without getting hit..

What moves are you switching kingdra into? for imo, it should only be switching into weak moves, or anything it's resistant to (fire/water/steel)
Whilst regigas should deal with the rest except ground.
Uxie should simply stall out ground attacks as it's immune, this should be VERY rare though, as the computers AI should force it to use a different move, rather than to use an attack which you're immune to.

Kays

Lati-twins <3
^
Critical hits don't work that way, it doubles the foe Atk. So you can leave a Poke with 80 Atk after some intimidates, but if a Critical Hits lands, the atk go to 160...
Example: Gyarados have an Atk of 200, if a Critical hits works the Atk reachs 400 or more, thats why they dangerous, also Substitute is there to protect from Haxing :p
So i don't care with Hay, only of Evasion Haxing :p
That is not true. A Critical Hit is calculated by whatever is beneficial to the Attacker.

Example: Registeel +6 Defense is hard to beat. But since it is a Critical Hit, the attack would be calculated as if Registeel did not have that +6 because that cause more damage. Critical Hit can also bypass the effects of Light Screen and Reflect in the same logic. This calculation affects both the attacker and defender. So in a Critical Hit, a -6 Attack Machamp will attack with +0 Attack to hit a +0 Defense Registeel who would normally have a +6 Defense.

Pokemon with the Battle Armor ability or Shell Armor that prevents Critical Hit, will never be Critical Hit.

I hope that this helps.

Best,
Kays

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
^
Okay, but i do not gonna add an Poke with Sheel armor.
But hey, can you explain why they are complaining about Registeel?