1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Platinum

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Eryzol, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Eryzol

Eryzol LEGEND

I was wondering if pokemon platinum is worth playing after so many years. I have played Pearl many times and imo it is one of the best pokemon games. Is pokemon Platinum any different?

2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Platinum has fixed pretty much every single flaw of Diamond/Pearl (small regional Dex, slow Surfing/battling speed, etc.) I consider it to be the most balanced and complete Pokemon game of all time. Definitely recommend playing it.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Platinum version has better graphics and Pokemon availability than Pearl version, so I definitely think it's worth playing especially due to the Battle Frontier.

Eryzol likes this.
  4. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Pokemon Master

Platinum is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon games to date and is on par with Crystal, Emerald, BW2 in terms of quality. I’d say it just and big emphasis on just breaks my top 3 in terms of games (Soul Silver and BW2 just narrowly beating it out)

It is in the Ivy League level of Pokémon games basically. The first half is boring but it picks up and boy does it get good. It has great replay ability as well. If pacing is an issue for you though I wouldn’t reccomend returning to Sinnoh.