• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Platinum

Eryzol

LEGEND
I was wondering if pokemon platinum is worth playing after so many years. I have played Pearl many times and imo it is one of the best pokemon games. Is pokemon Platinum any different?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Platinum version has better graphics and Pokemon availability than Pearl version, so I definitely think it's worth playing especially due to the Battle Frontier.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Platinum is probably the best game to date. Tied with Soul Silver obviously ;)

It is in the Ivy League level of Pokémon games basically. The first half is boring but it picks up and boy does it get good. It has great replay ability as well. You even get your own house which you can build from the ground by earning money through battling.

If GSC and RSE are Harvard and Yale than Platinum is Princeton.

Last edited:

MockingJ

Banned
I was wondering if pokemon platinum is worth playing after so many years. I have played Pearl many times and imo it is one of the best pokemon games. Is pokemon Platinum any different?

In all honesty Platinum's only good if you like enhanced graphics and the Battle Frontier. 90% of the game is just Diamond & Pearl with minor changes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
In all honesty Platinum's only good if you like enhanced graphics and the Battle Frontier. 90% of the game is just Diamond & Pearl with minor changes.

Platinum also gave us new form changes for Shaymin and Giratina, an expanded Pokedex, expanded post-game Ginga-dan plot, and Gym Leader rematches. That's hardly minor.

MockingJ

Banned
Platinum also gave us new form changes for Shaymin and Giratina, an expanded Pokedex, expanded post-game Ginga-dan plot, and Gym Leader rematches. That's hardly minor.

Which were still just small additions in the long run. Most of them didn't affect Platinum's plot by much.

literal trash

Kaiser (please refer to me as this)
Platinum was my first Pokemon game (I got it all the way back in Christmas 2009 with my DSi), and it still ranks as one of my favorites, it has a decent difficulty (way more difficult than Gen 6), and it had a lot of things in it that DP didn't (I never played DP) like an expanded Pokedex (finally more Fire Type variety), trainer battles in Pokemon Centers (yes that was a thing), the Battle Frontier (albeit not the one from Emerald), new forms for some Pokemon (Giratina, Rotom and Shaymin come to mind) and rematches with Stat trainers and Gym Leaders.

Evanibble

Honestly it's one of my favorite games. There is a solid post-game (which Gen IV does really well, but Platinum in particular) with the Battle Frontier, gym leader/elite-4 rematch. The expanded Pokedex isn't too overbearing and actually adds fire types (which was severely lacking in DP) to make Flint's team more, well, fiery. Oh, and the Distortion World is really cool. Always love playing that part of the game. The only gripe I had is the beginning of the game, which moves at a snail's pace.