• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Platnium Sells 967,000 In First 2 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

eonmaster_457

Oh, so if the majority preorder, then they'd all count in day one? In that case, should this value be lower?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Oh, so if the majority preorder, then they'd all count in day one? In that case, should this value be lower?

Well if pre-orders didn't count towards day 1 sales, then yeah the value would be lower.

However since they do count towards sales, then the value is correct, or at least close enough to true.

eonmaster_457

But then that would be similar to twisting tales, since this alleged 967 000 copies had apparently been sold in more than two days' time.

Note: I don't really care for the figure, just saying that this topic on that website is nothing but bragging about sales which may have been false.

gastrodon101

OMFG!!!!!
WoW platinum is really off the charts and so far it's only in Japan...
imagine it's sales once it's come out everywhere...
100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000?

(0.0);

Gastrodon101

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
But then that would be similar to twisting tales, since this alleged 967 000 copies had apparently been sold in more than two days' time.

Note: I don't really care for the figure, just saying that this topic on that website is nothing but bragging about sales which may have been false.

There not really false numbers, all that happened was that items were sent out early so gamers could play the games on release date, or in some cases before release date.

Companies like playasia & yes-asia, could've sent out their pre-orders 2 months ago, or on september 13th, and they still would've counted for the same numbers.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
First 2 days 1000000 copies? Hell its goin to hit a week in 2 days. Im seeing about 2 3 million copies to be sold. That must be a new record for pokemon.

lectric42

Platinum Ahead
Wow, 3 days and a $1,000,000 dollars. I can't wait to see the US,EU, and Australia sales.

El Panda

No Present For You!
Well I think it's safe to say anybody could've expected it to be big, so not much of a surprise

m190049

Local psychopath
Wow, 3 days and a $1,000,000 dollars. I can't wait to see the US,EU, and Australia sales.

No, 1,000,000 copies sold.
Lets say each copy is about $45 (I thin that's what it was.) Plus Tax.
...Yep.

Pokelight_Admin

That is just unbelievable, about a million copies in two days. I believe people are getting it mainly for the new Battle Frontier and the "alternate world" event in the game. Nevertheless, pokemon has always been popular in Japan.

Bardische

Elegance.
I knew this was Ninteno's way of getting more money, by putting a hot Frontier Brain that dances in her animation, and poses!(Guess who she is...)

eonmaster_457

There not really false numbers, all that happened was that items were sent out early so gamers could play the games on release date, or in some cases before release date.

Companies like playasia & yes-asia, could've sent out their pre-orders 2 months ago, or on september 13th, and they still would've counted for the same numbers.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the insights.

Faerie

MONS
That's really mind-boggling. I was expecting huge sales, but 967,000 in the first two days...wow.

I'm sure that it will have a lot of sales in other countries when it comes out in English, but the fanbase in places like the US is, while still large, nothing compared to Japan's. So the sales will probably be less, or at least die down more quickly.

m190049

Local psychopath
The non-Japanese release sales will probably not be as stunning. You have to remember that Pokemon is a huge franchise in Japan, and more so than in the United States, Australia, and Europe.
And there's the fact that all of the Japanese people that bought the game, bought their game- However some of the people from the other places may have imported from Japan (or the US when it comes out), and won't buy their region's game, which may diminish sales, even if very little.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
And there's the fact that all of the Japanese people that bought the game, bought their game- However some of the people from the other places may have imported from Japan (or the US when it comes out), and won't buy their region's game, which may diminish sales, even if very little.

The chances are that there weren't too many people who imported it. Still, the releases in the other countries are not going to be as huge as in Japan.

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
Don't forget that all other countries buy the games in English like all the America, so the sells will be higher.

m190049

Local psychopath
Don't forget that all other countries buy the games in English like all the America, so the sells will be higher.
Well actually, on the polls, the different English speaking countries' sales will be listed separately.
They won't all be formed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.