• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Press Conference discussion

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
https://www.pokemon.com/us/press-conference/
A Pokémon Press Conference/Business Strategy presentation will be broadcast live at 01:00 UTC / 02:00 BST / 10:00 JST on May 29th/May 28th at 21:00 EDT / 18:00 PDT. At present it's unclear what this presentation will entail but it's said that the press conference will cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans. We'll post all details as it comes
--------------------------

This thread is for discussing the press conference tomorrow!

We've had two before, and at both we've had new game announcements even though LGPE was leaked ages beforehand. Will we see the same again? I wonder personally if we'll see about the Pokemon mobile game we know will release next year...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I believe a "Pokémon Press Conference" was also how they first announced Go. It's too early for a real new game, so they must have something very interesting to announce, I would assume something in a similar vein to Go, not necessarily a mobile game, but something with potential to be big.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
A mobile something may get announced, but I'm almost thinking that we'll get something main series or related to main series announced. Maybe one new Pokemon.

You know, other than Go, we haven't had a "connective spin-off" title where you can connect to the main series. The last that we had that I recall was the Ranger series back in Gen 4.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I hope it's not a mobile game. Honestly tired of those. I'd love to see another spin-off title though, but just a regular one.

Torpoleon

Could see us seeing a small amount of Sword and Shield (maybe some sort of teaser near the end of the press conference), but obviously not a lot of information because of next week's Direct. Maybe a look at the new playable characters or a tease to the new mascots.

I would love to see a new Mystery Dungeon game announced here for Switch. Though it would make sense for it to be a Gen 8 title released in 2020, I could actually see a Mystery Dungeon game (if it is announced here) to be released this year around September, much like what happened with Super Mystery Dungeon. Not sure it would be too likely, but it has been a few years since the last game.

Could also see us getting a Detective Pikachu game on Switch (probably a remake of the original, as opposed to a sequel just yet). Either way, better to set expectations low!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I hope it's not a mobile game. Honestly tired of those. I'd love to see another spin-off title though, but just a regular one.
I feel like a mobile game will have a good chance of coming out given the current marketing system. The real question is how much of this will NOT be related to mobile phone systems.

I am almost thinking of a Pokemon Go Gen 5 reveal, which would be nice.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I believe that we'll definitely see the mobile title they're outsourcing to DeNA here. Other than that, I don't know.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I feel like a mobile game will have a good chance of coming out given the current marketing system. The real question is how much of this will NOT be related to mobile phone systems.

I am almost thinking of a Pokemon Go Gen 5 reveal, which would be nice.
Yea you're probably right on that. Been burnt out on that kind of thing lately. I think it's partially due to so many of them coming out the last few years. And other companies having so many apps out.

Could be. Which would be ok.

I believe that we'll definitely see the mobile title they're outsourcing to DeNA here. Other than that, I don't know.
I hope it doesn't take up that much time. Honestly have no interest in said title.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We might see some spinoff titles here, but I don't know if they will make any more non-mobile spinoffs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yea you're probably right on that. Been burnt out on that kind of thing lately. I think it's partially due to so many of them coming out the last few years. And other companies having so many apps out.
I feel like we'll get something that isn't mobile related. That said, with Pokemon Quest last year, I can see them doing at least one mobile announcement.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I feel like we'll get something that isn't mobile related. That said, with Pokemon Quest last year, I can see them doing at least one mobile announcement.
Here's to hoping. Probably. Wouldn't doubt it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Worst case scenario is that we wait 8 days from tomorrow for more juicy information.

Since we didn't get any confirmed details on this conference, I wouldn't give your hopes up.
Yep.

Exactly. It's pretty much a surprise with tomorrow's.

Phillies

I wonder if they will announce something related to the Super Nintendo World area at the Universal Studios theme parks.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
One thing that should be noted is that this is stated on the official Pokemon page for the conference.

Pokemon.com said:
The press conference is expected to cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans.
So I doubt its just one "category" of information like mobile games.

I feel like I'm batting around the bush about this, but eh.