1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Press Conference discussion

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by bobandbill, May 27, 2019.

1. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

https://www.pokemon.com/us/press-conference/
    --------------------------

This thread is for discussing the press conference tomorrow!

We've had two before, and at both we've had new game announcements even though LGPE was leaked ages beforehand. Will we see the same again? I wonder personally if we'll see about the Pokemon mobile game we know will release next year...

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I believe a "Pokémon Press Conference" was also how they first announced Go. It's too early for a real new game, so they must have something very interesting to announce, I would assume something in a similar vein to Go, not necessarily a mobile game, but something with potential to be big.

3. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

A mobile something may get announced, but I'm almost thinking that we'll get something main series or related to main series announced. Maybe one new Pokemon.

You know, other than Go, we haven't had a "connective spin-off" title where you can connect to the main series. The last that we had that I recall was the Ranger series back in Gen 4.

4. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Yum! Turkey and Mashed Potatoes! Staff Member Moderator

I hope it's not a mobile game. Honestly tired of those. I'd love to see another spin-off title though, but just a regular one.

Auraninja likes this.
  5. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Could see us seeing a small amount of Sword and Shield (maybe some sort of teaser near the end of the press conference), but obviously not a lot of information because of next week's Direct. Maybe a look at the new playable characters or a tease to the new mascots.

I would love to see a new Mystery Dungeon game announced here for Switch. Though it would make sense for it to be a Gen 8 title released in 2020, I could actually see a Mystery Dungeon game (if it is announced here) to be released this year around September, much like what happened with Super Mystery Dungeon. Not sure it would be too likely, but it has been a few years since the last game.

Could also see us getting a Detective Pikachu game on Switch (probably a remake of the original, as opposed to a sequel just yet). Either way, better to set expectations low!

6. Auraninja

I feel like a mobile game will have a good chance of coming out given the current marketing system. The real question is how much of this will NOT be related to mobile phone systems.

I am almost thinking of a Pokemon Go Gen 5 reveal, which would be nice.

7. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I believe that we'll definitely see the mobile title they're outsourcing to DeNA here. Other than that, I don't know.

8. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea you're probably right on that. Been burnt out on that kind of thing lately. I think it's partially due to so many of them coming out the last few years. And other companies having so many apps out.

Could be. Which would be ok.

I hope it doesn't take up that much time. Honestly have no interest in said title.

9. RileyXY1

We might see some spinoff titles here, but I don't know if they will make any more non-mobile spinoffs.

10. Auraninja

I feel like we'll get something that isn't mobile related. That said, with Pokemon Quest last year, I can see them doing at least one mobile announcement.

11. WishIhadaManafi5

Here's to hoping. Probably. Wouldn't doubt it.

12. Auraninja

Worst case scenario is that we wait 8 days from tomorrow for more juicy information.

Since we didn't get any confirmed details on this conference, I wouldn't give your hopes up.

13. WishIhadaManafi5

Yep.

Exactly. It's pretty much a surprise with tomorrow's.

14. Phillies

Phillies Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will announce something related to the Super Nintendo World area at the Universal Studios theme parks.

15. Auraninja

One thing that should be noted is that this is stated on the official Pokemon page for the conference.

So I doubt its just one "category" of information like mobile games.

I feel like I'm batting around the bush about this, but eh.

16. RileyXY1

That isn't going to happen. This conference is exclusively about Pokemon.

17. greninjamaster

greninjamaster Well-Known Member

Could it be a formal announcement of a Pokemon Cinematic Universe?

18. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

If it's movies, I greatly doubt it. They'd probably announced a sequel, maybe a spin-off but not an entire series of films.

19. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

This ranks very, very, very low on the list of potential announcements for tomorrow.

20. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I'm guessing they'll announce new plans for Pokémon Go.