• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon professors when they were young!

IcyNinetales

Okay guys, I'm going to create a pokemon fan game which is about the professors from the first 4 generations when they were young. Can anybody help me with sources or just help me with the general story for the professors? I know young professor Oak is in the pokemon movie Celebi: The Voice of the Forest, but I want a bit more information so I can really make a storyline. It doesn't have to be correct info, theories are fine too, or just your own cool story. I need something. Thanks in advance!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Age-wise, this is how old everyone would be when Professor Oak was 10 years old
  • Professor Elm: Unknown, but probably younger than Oak
  • Professor Birch: Won't be born for another 3 years
  • Professor Rowan: 20
  • Professors Juniper, Samson Oak: Unknown
  • Professors Sycamore and Kukui: Unlikely to exist yet unless they age REALLY smoothly
  • Professor Magnolia: Unknown, and kind of difficult to tell given how far into the timeline Sword and Shield are
  • Professor Sonia: Not born yet

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Okay guys, I'm going to create a pokemon fan game which is about the professors from the first 4 generations when they were young. Can anybody help me with sources or just help me with the general story for the professors? I know young professor Oak is in the pokemon movie Celebi: The Voice of the Forest, but I want a bit more information so I can really make a storyline. It doesn't have to be correct info, theories are fine too, or just your own cool story. I need something. Thanks in advance!
There's not much sources on them when they were young, but to sum it up when they were 11 year old kids, teenagers, or young adults...
  • Prof. Oak had a rivalry with Agatha. In the Pokemon Adventures manga, this is expanded further and we see that Oak was also friends with people like Kurt, the Daycare Couple, Pryce, and a bunch of other people that got old.
  • There's almost nothing known about Prof. Elm. What we do know is that he's disorganized, a workaholic, and has a family.
  • Prof. Birch. Nothing known about his childhood, but in the Pokemon Adventures manga he's the father of Sapphire (May) and he's very good friends with Gym Leader Norman, the father of Ruby (Brendan), since Norman lived in Johto which is actually canon in the games, Norman & the Player being from Johto. Prof. Birch is essentially one of the people who encouraged Norman to be a Gym Leader but this was when they were young adults, not 11 year old kids. Outside of that, Prof. Birch is a much more outgoing and adventurous professor much like his daughter.
  • Prof. Rowan. What we know about him is that he's a good friend of Prof. Oak. He likes sweets despite his stern personality. Other than that, not much.
  • Prof. Juniper. Not much is known about her but in the Pokemon Adventures manga, in her teens/young adult years she was the research assistant to her father Cedric who used to be the Pokemon Professor back than when Black (Hilbert) was a little kid.
  • Prof. Sycamore. He's a long time friend of Lysandre, he knows Gurkinn the Mega Evolution Guru pretty well. That's about it but what we can assume is that Sycamore has traveled across the Kalos region.
  • Prof. Kukui. He took the Island Trial in Alola with his friend, Molayne, and his rival was Guzma. He later went to Kanto to challenge the Pokemon League until he got defeated by Lance. The Island Trial part is implied to be when he was 11 and the Kanto part is implied to be when he got much older, in his teens or young adult years.
  • Prof. Magnolia. This is based on the Pokemon Adventures manga as the games offers almost nothing about the character, but Magnolia essentially used to be have Sonia's adventurous attitude. To an extant, she still has it as one of her favorite activities is driving.