• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon pronounciations you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
Personally, I use to hate saying ray-quay-za, but now I like it better than quah.

Soft Boiled

Served with Toast
shay-min, i pronounce it Sh-A-Min

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken

rattrap21

I always used to get tentacool and tentacruel mixed up

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Vepiquen.

That's why I call it Beequeen. Most stuff I can't pronounce right, I call them by their Japanese names.

encas

Come to me...
I hate how Rayquaza is pronounced in the games and anime. I mean come on, RAY-QUAY-ZA. It can get so much better than that. Or maybe I just hate long-A sounds.

Lucario's pronunciation bugs me as well. I think it's the way the A is pronounced. I think that I might just dislike how many vowel sounds there are in English that go undistinguished (ie: without accent marks or whatever). Perhaps that's the real reason why Pokemon pronunciations are so diverse?

Larry

I don't like Rayquaza either...I just pronounce them how I see them in the game since I RARELY watch the show or movies.

cecil

Armed with a Mind
Since I live not in Western country, we usually say a Pokemon name based on our common pronounciation. Such Rayquaza --> Rai-quah-za, or Sceptile --> Skep-til...
I never watch the anime, though...

iBuddy

The weakest Trainer.
How do we pronounce Manaphy o_O?

Is it:

Man-a-fii

or

Man-a-phy?

Is it a soft sound at the end or a hard one?

Burner

I never really found the right way to pronounce Arceus. Is it Ar-shoos or Ar-shus?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I called Hippopatos
Hi-POPATOES
I pernouced it like Jessie LOL and then When I say The Anime I was like OH
Rayquaza I called RAY-QUA-ZA but in the movie they say it differnt

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I called Hippopatos
Hi-POPATOES
I pernouced it like Jessie LOL and then When I say The Anime I was like OH
Rayquaza I called RAY-QUA-ZA but in the movie they say it differnt

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Dusknoir??

Is it "Dusk-Nwar"
Or
"dusk-noyr"??

Dusk-No-Are = Dusknoir

It's root is Dusk as in night and the french word for black ;)

Anyway i find no problem in some of them but, I have an accent and pronounce them differently and put the stresses in different places

Maruno

Giratina: Gih (as in "gift") - ra (as in "random") - TEE (as in the drink "tea") - na (the first part of "national")

Manaphy: Ma (as in "man") - NA (see above) - fee ("feeble"). All staccato.

Status
Not open for further replies.