• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

***POKEMON QUARTZ (we need Shinx as a special starter)***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penquin

Sinnoh Trainer
Okay, who agrees that we need another electric special starter -Shinx- as a special starter. And, you also play mini-games, have them follow you around, and have Shinx learn special moves (Volt Tackle, Surf, Dig, Fly). Also have a special stat raising item. And you get all 3 starters. Or, if not Shinx, what Pokemon?

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Not me. A friggin cat that flies and Surfs while cats are afraid of water....failure.....

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Not really. Pikachu is and will be the only special starter.

First, they aren't going to make them learn the moves by leveling. Volt tackle is a pikachu only thing. A stat raising item would make certain pokemon a little harder than they already are. Think about those who get perfect IV's and Max the EV's. They aren't going to make regular pokemon starters. They are going to confuse people playing the game (Noobs), becuase its relitively simple w/ grass, fire, water, because fire is definetly bad against water, fire is definetly good against grass, etc.

Anaya

Synthesis
I seriously think that people need to stop coming up with games. But for this one I think we need something like a cute little Marill or something. I don't know why I randomly said Marill, but it's better than Shinx IMO.

Shinx wouldn't make sense. It belonged to a random child and hardly ever appeared. Marill's water though, so it would make a bit less sense still. But I do think people could stop, but it's fun, right? : D

I like the idea of more than Raichu getting Volt Tackle. I mean Grass gets Wood Hammer, and Sudowoodo--a mono Rock--gets it. That's just plain silly, GameFreak. And you know it.

negi_magician

Random Pedestrian#17
Why the name quartz? Giratina is Japanese for opal, so if anything, the 3rd game for d/p would be opal.

Besides, isn't a quartz too similar looking to a diamond when cut?

Opal? Everyone says that, but I think it might just be Girasol if it turns out Giratina is indeed on the cover.

Is the 3rd game even confirmed? I think it might be, but just not too sure... =/

Kinda makes me sick. It might stand to reason we'd get another game, but then again maybe we really won't. It'd be fine if there wasn't one, but if it does come hopefully it will have something extra like Emerald had.

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
Not shinx, maybe something that isn't usually found in that region (until after the nat. dex, anyway) or go back to pikachu.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I highly doubt we'd get a special starter, but if we did, I'd love a Shinx. It's awesome! But if it were for a new generation, we'd need a special starter from the region. Maybe in the next anime the female character will get a special starter. If, we get a new female character. I hope we do, Dawn is annoying i m o.

Last edited:

MyPartnerIsPlusle

the pikachu line is the only one that can learn volt tackle

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
Status
Not open for further replies.