• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ranch/Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilwolfie

Dog Trainer
So, Nintendo's Japanese Press Conference ended not long ago, and with releasing some exciting information about other games and new features to the Wii, they also released some cool Pokemon related news.

A Pokemon game (??) that you will be able to download on the Wii via the shop channel! It will apparently be entitled "Pokemon Ranch" or "Pokemon Farm", and will allow you to transfer (not copy?) pokemon from your Diamond and Pearl games to raise (level them?) on the Wii and interact with them in ways you cannot do on the DS games or in previous Pokemong RPGs.

So, any ideas or thoughts on this title? So many little ideas are flowing through my head about what Nintendo could do with this "game" that I'm almost too excited to talk about them in fear that they'll never see the light of day!

Guilwolfie

Dog Trainer
For starters, hearing that you'll "transfer" Pokemon to the game instead of copying them like in PBR leads me to believe that you could use Pokemon Ranch as a sort of storage device for the games.

Also, I wonder if things in the game can happen while you're away or not? Al a Animal Crossing? And if so, what sort of things I wonder?

I also really -REALLY- hope that you'll be able to breed Pokemon in this thing. Hopefully without the use of some stupid day-care people. That way you'll be able to possibly have more then one set of Pokemon breeding at a time. That would be slick!

Kaliber

Older Master
It looks...dumb.

lucario 1993

don't miss with mii!
looks good..

Mmm looks just like another pokemon box to me.
But maybe if you do something in the game you can get a ribbon,item,or even a pokemon !

-Xu-

Looks pretty awesome, I just hope you ca store way more pokemon on it than D/P as I've nearly filled all of my boxes and I'm not even a breeder.

Mechana2412

Plasmoid Trainer
(Right account now)
Some critical points about this.

1-THIS IS A GAME NINTENDO MADE USING WIIWARE! That means that once WE get WiiWare(Spring next year) we'll be able to make the exact same game!
2-Its going to be Free. All WiiWare games are free, I believe.
3-ALL 493 POKEMON WILL BE IN IT!
4-You will be able to raise your Pokemon like a Pokemon Rancher does, I believe?

This game makes me mostly excited because it shows what kind of stuff WiiWare can do. I can't wait to get my hands on that piece of game-producing beauty.

Sheik

I think it looks cute hopefully there will be more info and pictures soon.
I agree the poke'mon could have been a bit differen't like in PBR game, but way they look on the pictures reminds me of those chao from sonic..

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
(Right account now)
Some critical points about this.

1-THIS IS A GAME NINTENDO MADE USING WIIWARE! That means that once WE get WiiWare(Spring next year) we'll be able to make the exact same game!
2-Its going to be Free. All WiiWare games are free, I believe.
3-ALL 493 POKEMON WILL BE IN IT!
4-You will be able to raise your Pokemon like a Pokemon Rancher does, I believe?

This game makes me mostly excited because it shows what kind of stuff WiiWare can do. I can't wait to get my hands on that piece of game-producing beauty.
You do realise you dont make games on WiiWare right? That its a place for developers to produce and distribute original games and a chance for Independant developers to get their stuff out on the Wii

Seen the screenshots for Ranch, and seen the Footage for the FF:CC spin off. FF:CC looks amazing for a Wiiware, while this.......looks bad. Lets face it. Although its nice to have a original idea for the Pokemon Franchise, and if it is a Pokemon Storage ware (Which is what I'm hearing), lets hope it allows you to see all the Pokemon, rather then just the cutesy types.

But like I say, looking promising. The amount of Pokemon on screen...well there are a few. I hope we can breed Pokemon on it too without the need of the needless Old Man/Woman!
Although I see alot of webcomic paradys for this in the up and coming future. Give it time.....
X

Seen the screenshots for Ranch, and seen the Footage for the FF:CC spin off. FF:CC looks amazing for a Wiiware, while this.......looks bad. Lets face it. Although its nice to have a original idea for the Pokemon Franchise, and if it is a Pokemon Storage ware (Which is what I'm hearing), lets hope it allows you to see all the Pokemon, rather then just the cutesy types.

But like I say, looking promising. The amount of Pokemon on screen...well there are a few. I hope we can breed Pokemon on it too without the need of the needless Old Man/Woman!
Although I see alot of webcomic paradys for this in the up and coming future. Give it time.....
X

Mechana2412

Plasmoid Trainer
You do realise you dont make games on WiiWare right? That its a place for developers to produce and distribute original games and a chance for Independant developers to get their stuff out on the Wii

From what I could gather from the GameStop articles, WiiWare was a platform for creating your own Wii games, Similar to the PS2's RPG Creator series.

If not, then I guess I'll be disappointed for the millionth time. I've had so many ideas for Wii games and I STILL can't make any of them.

Oh well. I guess Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo haven't tuned their minds to that kind of genius application yet.

Sponge

I think this looks great, I don't care if it doesn't have the best graphics, it's not all about graphics you know :)

It might be a bit like Nintendogs in the way you care for them.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I love the concept, but the graphics look awful. The Wii should be able to hold better graphics then this.

They were going for a Mii theme here. That's why the graphics look the way they do.

TheLegendObsesser

< I'll be back!
I can't imagine a ho-oh or palkia on this... Probably'll look awful.

seems like an interesting game, but I hate the graphics.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
I REALLY hope that you transfer the pokemon not copy them cause my boxes are getting way too full! The game looks cute and i can't wait to see my shiny mime jr. on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.