• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ranger: Which Do You Like Best?

Which Pokemon Ranger game do you like best?

• Pokemon Ranger

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters
which is better?

I've been debating whether I should start the ranger series or not, I already have all 3 DPt versions. Should I get Pokemon ranger or PR:SOA or wait for PR:TOL to come out?

Does it matter which one I get? or do the most recent ones blow the first one away with improvements? I'm the kinda person that likes to collect games, if I want to start a series, I gotta get the previous ones. X3

any suggestions is appreciated.

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
Yeah, SoA is much better than the first. In the first, you have to draw loops around a Pokemon a set consecutive number of times, while in SoA they have a "HP bar", which means you don't have to do twenty loops in a row without stopping.
It's also bigger, has a nicer story, and optional quests that give your styler power-ups. It's better in a lot of ways. Ranger one is still good, though. And there are a few recurring characters that you have to play the first game to know.
All the Ranger games are good, but the later ones are far better.

Pansy :]

anustart
i've only played the first one... but i've seen my friends play the other ones and figured its not worth my money

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
I only played ToL, but I found it very addicting.
Summer/Ben are hilarious.

Zachmac

TOL is the best.
It has time travel, legendary pokemon to ride, UFOs, Plasma Cannons, and Ukuleles!

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
Having now played Guardian Signs, I will say that it is the best of the three. AS people have said, it has time travel and riding legendary Pokemon. It also has many funny and interesting little characters, myes. And a new PokeAssist system! And Murph's in it, so how could it be bad?
And, of course, it has... Flying Segways that shoot balls of plasma! FLYING SEGWAYS!

Chimchar15

Having now played Guardian Signs, I will say that it is the best of the three. AS people have said, it has time travel and riding legendary Pokemon. It also has many funny and interesting little characters, myes. And a new PokeAssist system! And Murph's in it, so how could it be bad?
And, of course, it has... Flying Segways that shoot balls of plasma! FLYING SEGWAYS!

That's good to know as I wanted to get ToL. I've played the first two and loved them. So far SoA is my fav of the two. The only thing I might have a problem with is the fact we can only have one partner again. I loved have 17 different ones in SoA.

lucario295

super genius
i would have to say guardian signs though i was close to saying shadows of almia i just loved them both and i have beaten all three games

diamondpoppy

Typhlosion Master
i would say guardian signs is the best, especially the beginning.

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
ToL and SoA is pretty good, but I suggest you get ToL. They have flying segways that shoot laser beams, you get to ride on entei, you get to beat up arceus if you got Pledge To Arceus in time, hmm....Nema is hilarious, you get to battle mewtwo TWICE, Get to ride on latios/latias, Get a pichu who plays a ukalale, call ho-oh and save the world, and do other stuff. There. Im finished.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I liked Shadows of Almia the best.
Guardians is second.

AWSquared

Not very active here
Never played Pokemon Ranger , but want to start playing them.

I currently don't own any Pokemon Ranger Games. My main reason is because I didn't have a DS when any of the games were released. I didn't get one till sometime before buying HeartGold.

I would like to start playing them, so which Ranger game is good to start with?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Shadows of Almia, and Guardian Signs might be a good choice

Vali

King of Beets
Guardian Signs is really fun. Shadows of Almia is a bit harder, just don't get the first game (it's ridiculously hard).

Victory

Banned
Guardian Signs was so fun! I love it the most.

Totokip

Black Triangle
Guardian signs since it had the most diversity, though it was quite easy, at least compared to the first, and I've not played shadows of almia though.