• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Out of the 3 Pokemon Ranger games for the Nintendo DS system which one was your favorite and why?

My favorite has always been Shadows of Almia because it had the best story and you could get Manaphy's egg, Aura Sphere Riolu and Darkrai from it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I preferred the original Pokemon Ranger over the sequels, although it's not necessarily because I thought that they were bad, rather I played through the first Ranger game at least five times, so I'm more accustomed to its storyline and characters.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I preferred the original Pokemon Ranger over the sequels, although it's not necessarily because I thought that they were bad, rather I played through the first Ranger game at least five times, so I'm more accustomed to its storyline and characters.

I didn't like the first Pokemon Ranger 'cause getting Pokemon with the capture styler was harder since you had to keep drawing circles without stopping or breaking the circle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I didn't like the first Pokemon Ranger 'cause getting Pokemon with the capture styler was harder since you had to keep drawing circles without stopping or breaking the circle.

In hindsight that was a rather annoying feature which the sequels thankfully fixed by adding the HP bar instead, but since I played the first Ranger game the most, I guess I was used to having to draw continuous loops.

TwilightBlade

I liked Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs equally. The first Ranger game wasn't as good as those and had too many limitations. Guardian Signs also had the best special Pokemon including Shaymin, Heatran, Deoxys and Manaphy's egg even if I only got Manaphy's egg myself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I liked Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs equally. The first Ranger game wasn't as good as those and had too many limitations. Guardian Signs also had the best special Pokemon including Shaymin, Heatran, Deoxys and Manaphy's egg even if I only got Manaphy's egg myself.

I liked the special event Pokemon that were distributed from Guardian Signs, although the Deoxys event was somewhat frustrating since you could get one of four different Deoxys with special moves, but it was a multiplayer mission that required you to play with others.

ShadowForce720

This might be a little off topic but do you think since were getting a remake of the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games which were Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team, that we might get a remake of the 1st Pokemon Ranger game? I mean when you think about it, it would be good timing since we might get the D&P remakes this generation, so if we also got a remake of the 1st Pokemon Ranger game then they could include the Manaphy Egg Mission again where you get the Egg and you would be able to transfer it over to the D&P remakes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hadn't given any thought to a possible Pokemon Ranger remake, but the idea isn't at all appealing to me anyway. I loved the original Pokemon Ranger as I've said before, but I wouldn't want to pay a large sum of money for an upgraded version of that when I can just play the original anytime I want and get my fill of the game that way. I'd want a completely new Pokemon Ranger game with new characters and Pokemon from Gen V and beyond, not a remake that panders to nostalgia.

ShadowForce720

I hadn't given any thought to a possible Pokemon Ranger remake, but the idea isn't at all appealing to me anyway. I loved the original Pokemon Ranger as I've said before, but I wouldn't want to pay a large sum of money for an upgraded version of that when I can just play the original anytime I want and get my fill of the game that way. I'd want a completely new Pokemon Ranger game with new characters and Pokemon from Gen V and beyond, not a remake that panders to nostalgia.

Just pointing this out but if they were to do a remake of the first Pokemon Ranger game then it could be a case where there doing to trying to find out if people are still interested in that series or not. Kind of like what there probably doing with the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Remake to where if it Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Remake sales well then they consider making a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but if it flops or doesn't sale well they will take it as the series being dead and won't make a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for quite a while.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
Guardian Signs felt like the most complete Pokemon Ranger game because of its story and all the post game content and also the special missions were fun and rewarding.

I did get a sense that the third Pokemon Ranger game was meant to be the conclusion to the trilogy, although that's something that I only noticed in the past few years while playing the game again. It sort of feels like the creators of the game knew that it would be the final installment, so they added as many subplots, missions, and Pokemon as they could to end the series on a high note.

Status
Not open for further replies.