• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The weekly ratings are posted for both the US and Japan. You can do a forum search to find the US ratings.

They provided a link for the Japan ratings, by the way.

Some fun things to make this less of a question thread ...

[spoil]Top 5 (Best Wishes)
- The Shadow of Zekrom
- Enter Iris and Axew
- The Bloom is on Axew
- Rival Battle for Club Champ
- Snivy Plays Hard to Catch

Top 5 (Best Wishes 2)
- The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo
- All for the Love of Meloetta
- Iris and the Rouge Dragonite
- Goodbye, Junior Cup - Hello Adventure!
- Tie: Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times!
- Tie: Team Eevee and the Pokemon Rescue Squad!

Top for each Saga
- Kanto: The Flame Pokemon-a-thon (the highest rated episode)
- Islands: Pokeball Peril
- Johto: (tie) For Crying Out Loud / Charizard's Burning Ambition
- Hoenn: Get The Show On The Road!!
- Kanto 2: Battling the Enemy Within
- Sinnoh: Following a Maiden Voyage!

Other Fun Things:
- The only Kanto episode below 10.0 was Fire and Ice; a Pokemon League episode.

- Only one below a 10.0 in the Orange Islands: Pokemon Double Trouble. That was the last Gym Battle

- Johto had surprisingly good ratings in retrospect. It did better on average then Best Wishes 2 and Best Wishes Episode N. The worse preforming episodes? The Whistle Stop, The Corsola Caper, and Throwing in the Noctowl. The Pichu episode also did pretty poorly.

- Hoenn was the last saga we saw 10.0+ for regular episodes. Just One Of The Geysers (the Brawly rematch) was the last episode to rate that high.

- On the lower end of Hoenn we have In The Knicker Of Time!, A Hole Lotta Trouble!! (the Steven episode), and Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (the lowest rated episode at this point in the anime).

- The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing! is the lowest rated episode of Battle Frontier, and becomes the lowest rated episode so far.

- Regaining the Home Advantage! is the lowest rated Sinnoh episode, but did better then the lowest rated Battle Frontier episode. The Electrike Company, Last Call, First Round! (the Grand Festival Opener), and Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (the Jasmine episode) all rated pretty low.

- Evolution by Fire! is currently the lowest rated episode in Japan. By a large margin. [/spoil]

Last edited:

Nightstar1994

Glad Cubchoo episode got so much recognition. It was really fun IMO.

And hell yes for Brawly getting recognition. I recently rewatched the epiodes with him and i started loving his character.

Such a developed Gym Leader, compared to some....*looking at you, Marlon.* Why so low for Steven, though T_T. My favorite Pokemon episode as a whole and got shafted like that. People have no taste sometimes!

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Keep in mind that little kids don't really distinguish between "filler episodes" and "important episodes" they just watch whatever they see.

Think about how when we were younger, we just watched whatever episode was airing at the time.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
LOL @ The Whistle Stop and Throwing in the Noctowl being 2 of the 3 lowest rated Johto episodes. I didn't hate them, but they certainly weren't my favorites.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Again, what happens in the episodes doesn't determine the ratings. Otherwise the episodes where Tepig evolved wouldn't be the lowest rated Best Wishes episode, and other important episodes where Ash caught Snorunt wouldn't be low rated either.

Little kids just watch whatever they see on TV, somedays they can't watch because their parents take them places.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They Ledyba ep was just a random throwaway episode, I don't think it matters.

I do find it funny that some of the important episodes of certain sagas are rated low though. But again when your target audience is 6 year olds, they don't know the difference between an important episode and just a filler.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They Ledyba ep was just a random throwaway episode, I don't think it matters.

It aired as part of the New Year's Day Special that year. Those never get that high ratings because kids have other things to do and other specials to watch. It was not a standard episode at all.

- Johto had surprisingly good ratings in retrospect. It did better on average then Best Wishes 2 and Best Wishes Episode N.

People watched more broadcast television in 2000 than in 2013. Those ratings aren't "surprising" in the slightest.

- Evolution by Fire! is currently the lowest rated episode in Japan. By a large margin. [/spoil]

It aired during Golden Week. TV ratings in general are pretty low then.

Glad Cubchoo episode got so much recognition. It was really fun IMO.

And hell yes for Brawly getting recognition. I recently rewatched the epiodes with him and i started loving his character.

Such a developed Gym Leader, compared to some....*looking at you, Marlon.* Why so low for Steven, though T_T. My favorite Pokemon episode as a whole and got shafted like that. People have no taste sometimes!

This has nothing to do with "recognition". The ratings show how many people watched the episode. Whether they liked it or not is wholly irrelevant.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
It might be interesting to see a line graph of the show's ratings over time. Has anyone done that?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It aired during Golden Week. TV ratings in general are pretty low then.

I've heard this excuse before when someone brought up that episode's low rating, but like An00bis said, it got the lowest rating of any episode by a large margin. Even compared to other Golden Week episodes, the Tepig evolution episode's rating was dreadful. I remember how much hype that episode had, which makes its bad ratings even more mysterious. I mean you'd think that kids would still be interested in watching that episode just to learn about Tepig's past and stuff, but they obviously couldn't be bothered for a variety of reasons that we'll probably never fully understand. That episode airing during Golden Week is just the tip of the iceberg in my opinion.

But kiiiii @ The Flame Pokemon-a-thon being the highest rated episode when it was probably my least favorite Kanto episode. It seems like most of my favorite episodes had mediocre ratings. Maybe I just have bad taste in Pokemon episodes? :c

Honeyichigo

The manliest
It seems like most of my favorite episodes had mediocre ratings. Maybe I just have bad taste in Pokemon episodes? :c

This has already been explained.

This has nothing to do with "recognition". The ratings show how many people watched the episode. Whether they liked it or not is wholly irrelevant.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Also keep in mind ratings only keep track of debut airings. Most people see episodes for the first time during reruns than when it debuted.

I know when I was younger I didn't see every episode when it was new, I saw most of them when they were aired in repeats.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Question answered - could have gone in the single questions thread.

//CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.