• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon ReBURST

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He's either using Burst, or just looks really weird

and he's a bad guy....he sent them on him..

I think it IS one of them. Pansage, probably...

I know he's coloured wrong, but look at him...

No, he has human ears

We've seen the monkeys before

[img139]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8665/monkeytrioreburst.png[/img139]

Last edited:

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

This is rather like Frontier, wouldn't you say? Like, scarily so.

I don't understand why its Pokemon though, the writer clearly wanted to write his own story and is surfing the wave of Pokemon's success rather then actually writing a Pokemon story.

lolipiece

Staff member

I don't understand why its Pokemon though, the writer clearly wanted to write his own story and is surfing the wave of Pokemon's success rather then actually writing a Pokemon story.

NO. IT. ISN'T.

I'm getting really sick and tired of this stupid "it's Digimon Frontier" crap that's going all over the internet.

If you'd take the time to check the two series, you would know that they're very different

Rex Kamex

Why not take a different approach on Pokemon manga, though?

Pokemon_Special_Fan

I know a bunch of people think this looks like frontier and whatever, but let me ask this. How do you guys think the series will do in selling? You think lots of people want to check this out? Become popular? Perhaps even getting international translations?

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Perhaps even getting international translations?
In order for there to be international translations, there will have to be volume releases, which as far as I know I don't think there are any. (at least not yet, anyway)

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Like Frontier: Main kids transform into the something-mon that inhabit the world; help out the something-mon of the day as they travel.

Unlike: The human characters are originally inhabitants of the world in question, not "chosen ones" who were brought there by an outside force. Bursts are also apparently fairly common, not limited to 5-6 heroes brought there from another world. Also, the plot is different.

Yeah, I can see the initial similarity someone would point out, but it's certainly not the same thing.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I haven't had a chance to view this series yet but from what I hear it sounds pretty interesting and well worth looking into. When I have some time I want to see Pokemon ReBURST. Sounds nice enough.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
The way I see Pokemon Reburst, it looks like trainers turning into Pokemon as Morphers.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

NO. IT. ISN'T.

I'm getting really sick and tired of this stupid "it's Digimon Frontier" crap that's going all over the internet.

If you'd take the time to check the two series, you would know that they're very different
CAPITAL. LETTERS. WITH. FULL. STOPS. MAKES. ME. THREATENING.
No, really, you made me laugh.

Anyways, I didn't say "it's Digimon Frontier", I said, "it's quite similar to Digimon Frontier", which it is:
-Both are series primarily revolving around kids taming monsters to fight other monster
-Both are established series as being partner and monster story
-BLAM! Suddenly there's this one where instead of having partners they BECOME the monsters and fight over monsters including over people who turn into the monsters.

Comparisons are inevitable and justified, because there are similarities in the basic context.
SO. I. WILL. CONTINUE. TO. MAKE. A. COMPARISON.
That's really fun, no wonder you do it!

The way I see Pokemon Reburst, it looks like trainers turning into Pokemon as Morphers.

No way! What made you think that??

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally Posted by E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
No way! What made you think that??

#1 They have the Burst Heart to turn into a Pokemon
#2 When someone transform into a creature, they become Morphers.

I've Final Fantasy Tactics. You did say that it's similar to Digimon Frontier. That's very true. It's just six people transforming into a Digimon as one of the legendary 10. As for the characters, they do the same but with only one Pokemon.
So, I got thinking: They must be Morphers, turning into Pokemon.

lolipiece

Staff member
Dammit SmartD. I was going to do that....

Oh well, a Bishonen (at least, I think he's male...)

He's probably the second of the Seven Warriors of the Great Gavel Organization...I'll be he uses a Fighting Burst...

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Wow... I really love this series so far... It actually reminds me of the whole fan-concept of pokemorphs in a way... At least it reminds me of the pokemorph RPs I used to have with my buddies...