• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon ReBURST

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wow, that Carracosta burst looks pretty neat.
I wonder if this is just a trial by that big guy or if they really are under attack.
Also. eue Miruto's expression after Yappy and big guy suggests a crush or whatever. (We can all see it, Miruto.)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Volume 2 will be out in the fall, so we'll probably see the cover within the next 2-4 months.

Volume 1 has chapter's one to seven.

Remmie

Volume 2 will be out in the fall, so we'll probably see the cover within the next 2-4 months.

Volume 1 has chapter's one to seven.

Hmmmm, that's a lot of chapter in one volume. Too bad we have to wait until fall to see volume 2, I hope we'll see Carola again (this time with a Pokemon) and see Miruto using her Mandibuzz.

lolipiece

Staff member
Hmmmm, that's a lot of chapter in one volume. Too bad we have to wait until fall to see volume 2, I hope we'll see Carola again (this time with a Pokemon) and see Miruto using her Mandibuzz.

No. Volume two will only have chapters 8 - 14 (Probably).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

lolipiece

Staff member
It does explain how his hat suddenly became fixed after getting a hole blasted through it in the first chapter.

I just assumed someone sewed it back together....

lolipiece

Staff member
http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/

Shonen Sunday has put up chapter 19 available for free online reading!

Ryouga beats Zengai (FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDER)

Ryouga has a new technique, the "Lightning Parv...(Parve? Pavu? What the hell does that romanize to?)

Rend gives Ryouga his Burst Heart (YES! Let this mean what I think it does!) and they say their goodbyes.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
if you can write the new technique's name (in Japanese) here, probably we can find a better translation together xD

Anyway, I just noticed now, in page 16, Rend is shown standing with 2 kids and a girl, any idea who they are? Names, maybe?

also

What super strength? And he can't push back his hat together, instead he must have sew it, unless Miruto did it.

you don't recognize the kind of joke that GalladeX did?

(that's okay, you don't need to answer, I was just asking :p)

lolipiece

Staff member
Written in Kanji, it's 電撃完波 (Yeah, I already figured out what this part says). In Katakana, it's ライトニングパーヴ (This one, not so much...).

Here's a picture.

[img139]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3869/ryougatechnique.png[/img139]

^
if you can write the new technique's name (in Japanese) here, probably we can find a better translation together xD

Anyway, I just noticed now, in page 16, Rend is shown standing with 2 kids and a girl, any idea who they are? Names, maybe?

I think those are his kids. Although it raises the question: Where were they earlier? They just appeared in this chapter without any prior scenes...

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Written in Kanji, it's 電撃完波 (Yeah, I already figured out what this part says). In Katakana, it's ライトニングパーヴ (This one, not so much...).

I think we should just call it with the Kanji name for the time being.

According to google translator the Kanji translates into "End/Complete Shock Wave", which is AWESOME :D

GalladeX

I translated it myself, and I broke it down:
電撃 - dengeki - electric shock, alternatively blitz
完 - kan -The End - but in the context of as in The End of a movie
波 - nami - Wave

Dengekikannami - electric shock end wave, i think. alternatively, electric shock of the end wave

as for the katakana...

ライトニングパーヴ - Raitoningupāvu - lightning pav?
what's a pav?
this is completely utter guessing...but 'pav' could be a shortening of パヴァーヌ pavan - the hindu god of wind?

would that make the move's full name Electric Shock End Wave: Lightning Pav?

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
I translated it myself, and I broke it down:
電撃 - dengeki - electric shock, alternatively blitz
完 - kan -The End - but in the context of as in The End of a movie
波 - nami - Wave

Dengekikannami - electric shock end wave, i think. alternatively, electric shock of the end wave

as for the katakana...

ライトニングパーヴ - Raitoningupāvu - lightning pav?
what's a pav?
this is completely utter guessing...but 'pav' could be a shortening of パヴァーヌ pavan - the hindu god of wind?

would that make the move's full name Electric Shock End Wave: Lightning Pav?

Uh, not exactly.

I've seen in manga that certain items, techniques, etc would be written in Kanji but pronounced differently in Katakana (Or Hiragana, but it doesn't really matter).

This is the same thing.

It's written as End Shock Wave (or whatever) but pronounced as Lightning...Pav....(Seriously, I got nothing.)

GalladeX

Uh, not exactly.

I've seen in manga that certain items, techniques, etc would be written in Kanji but pronounced differently in Katakana (Or Hiragana, but it doesn't really matter).

This is the same thing.

It's written as End Shock Wave (or whatever) but pronounced as Lightning...Pav....(Seriously, I got nothing.)

I...see. That's really weird. :u

What if...パーヴ romanized as parvu?
Par vu means 'seen by', but can also mean 'given by.'
"Given by lightning" makes some sense...