• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon ReBURST

Performance

The NutShack
Yeah! I heard about that. Looks interesting, not sure if I'm going to read that or not. The characters look a bit overdone from what I have seen, but I'm sure it can be a great series, I'll probably wait for some to come out, like, quite a bit, read up to where they stop and decide if I'd like to continue. It looks quite interesting, though.

SmartD

I seriously don't know what they're aiming at with this manga -.-
I'm 14 and I read hundreds of mangas that vary in many genres, and I believe that Special is very Shounen on it's own rights.

It has a high emphasis on moral, friendship, and teamwork, a reckless male protagonist, some rather dark elements, and hints of potential romance. It has a combination of seriousness as well as light humor, and it doesn't ignore issues like death or destruction.

If you read deep enough, there's some pretty deep themes in the manga, like the interactions between humans and nature/Pokemon (RBG, Y, E, BW), the question whether goals really justify the means (Y, GSC, FRLG), does creating a utopia act as an excuse to commit genocide (Y, RS), etc.

To me (a teen), this manga provides less of an appeal than Special. But then again, I analyze literature all day, what do I know XD

You make a very good point about the themes in Special. I never noticed it before.

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
I seriously don't know what they're aiming at with this manga -.-
I'm 14 and I read hundreds of mangas that vary in many genres, and I believe that Special is very Shounen on it's own rights.

It has a high emphasis on moral, friendship, and teamwork, a reckless male protagonist, some rather dark elements, and hints of potential romance. It has a combination of seriousness as well as light humor, and it doesn't ignore issues like death or destruction.

If you read deep enough, there's some pretty deep themes in the manga, like the interactions between humans and nature/Pokemon (RBG, Y, E, BW), the question whether goals really justify the means (Y, GSC, FRLG), does creating a utopia act as an excuse to commit genocide (Y, RS), etc.

To me (a teen), this manga provides less of an appeal than Special. But then again, I analyze literature all day, what do I know XD

This is the most logical post I've seen on this forum.

GalladeX

I'm excited about this new manga, but it's an anxious excitement. I'm worried it's gonna try too hard to be "hardcore" and fail at it spectacularly.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
You know...I really don't get where people are getting the "more mature/hardcore" thing from. No official materials have said that. At all. It's just random speculation based on the fact that...uh...I dunno, the art looks actiony?

Then again, the Pokemon fanbase constantly wants everything to be more mature even though the games/anime/etc are already at just the right level of maturity to be enjoyed by everyone, so what do I know?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's because it isn't

e9310103838

The story program of "Pokemon ReBURST" came out.

The boy リョウガRyouga to seek for his father and mystical soldier アルカデスArukadesu on a journey. ;184;

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I think it looks great, myself. Wonderful to hear that they're trying to move away from their "kiddy" image in the public's eyes.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The manga is still made for kids. Just slightly older kids.

And thats what teens and adults are. "Older kids." Just because your over 18 doesn't mean your an adult. Charlie Sheen for example. I know 8 yr olds more mature then him