• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Red Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I restarted my pokemon red, here's my planned team. Advice would be appreciated :)

Charizard

Flamethrower
Slash
Submission
Fire Blast

I want flamethrower and slash, but the other two moves are uncertain. I'm deciding whether to give charizard or raichu submission.

Raichu

thunderbolt
thunder wave
Body Slam
Swift

I want the first 3 moves, and the fourth needs something else.

Vileplume

Solar Beam
Sleep Powder
Double Edge
Toxic

I really like this one. It helps defeat charizard's weaknesses.

Sandslash

Earthquake
Slash
Seismic Toss
Rock Slide

I needed another physical attacker, so I threw this on.

Starmie

Surf
Blizzard
Psychic
Tri Attack

I love psychic types in the first gen, and I needed something water, so I threw this on. It also has a really good movepool.

I've decided that I'll make my last pokemon an HM slave. Anyway, all help is appreciated! Thanks.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
I restarted my pokemon red, here's my planned team. Advice would be appreciated :)

Charizard

Flamethrower
Slash
Submission
???

Flamethrower is better for in-game, but with Body Slam and Earthquake going to other Pokemon, and Slash's not being affected by Swords Dances, I really can't think of anything unless you want to swap FB for Swords Dance and Slash for another physical move. But Slash's being an insta-critical, and thus having a base power of 140, there's really no reason for it.

I want flamethrower and slash, but the other two moves are uncertain. I'm deciding whether to give charizard or raichu submission.

Raichu

thunderbolt
thunder wave
Body Slam
Surf/Submission

Best I can think of.

Vileplume

Solar Beam/Mega Drain
Sleep Powder
Double Edge
Toxic

I really like this one. It helps defeat charizard's weaknesses.

Ideally you'd sleep something and then charge for Solar Beam, but Mega Drain is an instant attack, at least.

Sandslash

Earthquake
Slash
Seismic Toss/Swords Dance
Rock Slide

I needed another physical attacker, so I threw this on.

Sandslash can justify Swords Dance, even with Slash ignoring it.

Starmie

Surf
Blizzard
Psychic
Tri Attack/Recover/Thunder

I love psychic types in the first gen, and I needed something water, so I threw this on. It also has a really good movepool.

Starmie and the legendary movepool. Even today.

Comments in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.