• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon references in other T.V. programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbio

NINJA!
So over the years since Pokemon first hit our shelves it has been soon popular it has been mentioned in other programs.

Well I'll get the ball rolling;

1) Tonight I was watching my soaps like the saddo I am.The is an old man who has a broken ankle was forced to stay home. He was playing a DS and sudden he shouts: "GAH!! RAIKOU BEAT ME ON LEVEL THREE AGAIN!"

2) Watching Cartoon Network a while ago and my sister watched a Johnny Test episode about "Tinymon" with Blast Ketchup.:D

725roy

ambivolent
If I recall, there was an episode of the Simpsons where Bart was procrastinating, and was watching a show like Pokemon...

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I remember watching an episode of 'My Wife and Kids' way back and there was an episode where Junior drew something on the windows and was all "It's Pokeman." =D

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
1.) In The Cleveland Show, when the dad takes his little son to a Carnival, at one of the booths, there are Gengar plushies.

2.) I have heard that in a couple of episodes in Good Luck Charlie, there is an Eevee drawing on the Chalkboard downstairs. This isn't very often.

3.) The one we all have heard of: Pika-chew in an episode of Mad. Pika-chew is made of real Pikachu, and they give you an electric jolt in the game.

More on Bulbapedia. Could not find link

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
In an episode of Lost, there's a flashback where Jin's in a toy store and there's a few pokemon such as Minun. It's also a continuity error as third generation wasn't until after the flashback.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
In the Simpsons, Bart goes to a party and see's some kids playind a card game with little toys in balls that pop out when you put them on the card (can't remember the name) and Bart asks what the kids are doing, and one of the kids say,
"This game makes Digimon look like Pokemon!"
and Bart says,
"No way!"

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
If I recall, there was an episode of the Simpsons where Bart was procrastinating, and was watching a show like Pokemon...

Was it when they were in Japan and they watched Battling Seizure Robots? Or when Homer was stealing cable?

EDIT: Oh, found the link!

An episode of Arthur had the kids at the beginning of the episode talking about their trading cards. Muffy holds one out, and Binky exclaims, "Whoa! You got Stinkachu!"

I can't for the life of me remember the episode's name, or the season. The show's all on YouTube, so I suppose if I watch it long enough, I'll find it.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh yeah, and the classic:

"Now, my good man, what do you like to play?"

"Pokémon!"

"Pokémon!? Pokémon with the poké and the mon and the thing where the guy comes out with the thing and he makes the falafafaraahah!"

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
There's one more I forgot about. In a map in the game Heroes of Might and Magic III, there's a line of "Phoenixmon" toys that's a commercial success and gets you 500 gold per week.

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)
i thinks its in family guy or something, theres a poster of a pink machoke somewhere.

Game Maker

Memento Mori
Two whole Johnny Test episodes are about a Pokemon game parody.

Hetalia, when America calls China, like Shiny Glameow said.

And my favorite one: Mad. Rejected Pokemon! Rejected Pokemon: Punchachu! Special attack...! XD

Aegon

In the Simpsons, Bart goes to a party and see's some kids playind a card game with little toys in balls that pop out when you put them on the card (can't remember the name) and Bart asks what the kids are doing, and one of the kids say,
"This game makes Digimon look like Pokemon!"
and Bart says,
"No way!"
That was a parody of Bakugan.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
That teenage boy in Family Guy has a picture that look a lot like a Machoke in his room.

Meowth City

Staff member
I have heard that in a couple of episodes in Good Luck Charlie, there is an Eevee drawing on the Chalkboard downstairs. This isn't very often.
Really? o_O
I've seen the show - watched it mainly for Bridgit Mendler but I've never noticed. I got to check that out.

In Heroes, some character (I don't remember who) would call Hiro Pikachu and I think in one episode, he punched her in the face for that or so I've heard.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
What I hate about most Pokemon references is that most shows that reference Pokemon are usually INSULTING Pokemon. Also...

Was it when they were in Japan and they watched Battling Seizure Robots? Or when Homer was stealing cable?

It's the episode where Lisa gets promoted to third grade, and Bart gets DEMOTED to third grade.

Missingno.Fan

On Kids Next Door, there will occasionally be a kid that looks like Ash in the background.

I remember an episode of Billy & Mandy where Billy had Grim bring some trading cards that where a spoof of Pokemon come to life.

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
On Kids Next Door, there will occasionally be a kid that looks like Ash in the background.

I remember an episode of Billy & Mandy where Billy had Grim bring some trading cards that where a spoof of Pokemon come to life.

I remember both of those! :D
Weren't they called Hoakie Monsters or something? 0:

I was watching George Lopez once and George suggested putting Benny in a Pikachu costume with a sign that said "Beat me I'm full of candy".

Later, he says "PIKACHU PIKACHU!" xD

Status
Not open for further replies.