• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Region Academy(RA): Sign-Ups

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
POKEMON RA

NOTE(PLEASE READ!!!)
As many of you know, I had left(or abandoned) the original RP due to some difficulties with my computer. I am deeply sorry to those who stayed by me with my Original Academy RP, and I take the full blame for everything. I could have tried harder to keep it running, but I was a complete moron and idiot. Again, I am sorry, and hope that we can start over again.

Thank You

(Also, if anyone from the original wishes to re-join, you can simply Copy+Paste your original SU). New Players are also welcome with open arms!

INTRO
“ Welcome, Trainer, to the RHPA- Regional Hoenn Pokemon Academy! It is one of the highest reputable Trainer schools in Hoenn. There are others, just like it, located in different regions, such as Johto, Sinnoh, etc. However, it’s not just your average Trainer school. Its costly, unlike public Trainer schools, and requires all students to wear uniforms. Students may enroll at RHPA, as soon as they are 10 years old, and they graduate at the age of 19, and may afterwards, embark on a quest, or do something else, such as a Pokemon Researcher, Breeder, etc. However, you may enter the school at any age, so it does not really matter if you enroll at the age of 10, 13, 15, etc. Anyways, read on young trainer, and see if this the right place for you!

COSTS & TRAVEL
The RHPA costs one big enrollment fee of 150 Pokedollars(currency is equivalent to regular real world currency), per year. So depending on when you enroll, and how long you stay, it may cost more or less for each person.

(The red circle near the battle Tower is where the RHPA is located)

RHPA, is located faraway from the actual region of Hoenn, and is relatively close to the Battle Tower, but still requires a ferry/boat, or airplane to reach RHPA. For this reason, RHPA has complimentary dormitories for each student, and are expected to share their respective rooms with at least 2 other people(3 people per room). Boys and Girls sharing the same room is STRICTLY forbidden, and so the girls have a different dorm separate from the boys

RANKING SYSTEM/HOUSES

Unlike last time, this time there will be a small difference in house arrangements. There is going to be 4 houses, not 3. They are simply called Yellow House, Green House, Blue House, and Red House.

Okay, so the set-up is simple. Yellow House is for the best of the best students, and then Red House is for the least best(or worst). And Blue is second worst, and Green is second best. There are different ways to increase your house rank. One way, is to do exceedingly well in your classes, and maybe another could be winning a tournament or something. There will be many opportunities, so don’t worry.
Also, students ARE required to wear uniforms, but not in the typical fashion. Depending on the House of the student, the student must wear a piece of clothing representing their respective house. For example, if a student was in the Green House, then the student would wear a green t-shirt, green sweater, etc. Also, clothing depicting violence, foul language, and/or sex is STRICTLY forbidden. If a student does not have a piece of clothing suitable for their house, clothing will be given.

LEAGUE CHALLENGES

Now you may be wondering, “ If I’m at school, How can I get Badges?” Well my friend, the answer is quite simple. Occasionally, Gym Leaders from the Hoenn region, and sometimes on rare occasions, Leaders from other regions will visit the Academy. During their visit, students are encouraged to battle the Gym leaders, and if they prevail, the Leader may give the victor their signature badge.

However, the fun doesn’t stop there. Occasionally, other famous people and trainers will visit. I won’t reveal too much, but you can expect to see a few familiar faces.

CLASSES & EPISODES(Please Read!!)

Okay, so last time I was doing this, we did a lot of waiting around. So this time around I am going by “Episodes”, which will not only reduce time of waiting, it will make sure everyone will have a role. I know this seems like everything will be fixed, but I promise it won’t. I am not controlling ANYTHING your character does. How your character acts and responds to situations in episodes will be entirely your thing. Your responses may even create a new “spin-off” episode, or a new episode entirely just for your character!

Another thing. Classes. This time around, everyone is taking the same courses as everyone else. Students are taking: Battling 101, Contest Prep, Pokemon Research, and Breeding Research. Simple right? Also, we may skip a couple of classes to continue with an episode, or if people don’t feel like going through with a class that day.

Also, lastly, if you want your character to have the ‘spotlight’ for a little while, just VM me or PM me and we’ll do something.

LAST WORDS

(This stuff is just miscellaneous stuff that doesn’t fit anywhere else, or shouldn’t have their own section).

The Pokedex you students shall receive are the same model as the ones given to trainers on their journeys, in the Hoenn Region. However, unlike theirs, students get to receive their own custom coloured Pokedex, with a built-in “Dex Sync” feature, which will let students to sync their Pokedex’s together, and communicate like cell/walkie-talkies, anywhere, anytime, without the need of phone numbers. However, you must sync the Pokedex locally, before enabling them to communicate with another’s Pokedex.

Students that have enrolled in any Regional Academy, have special privileges outside the school area. Each student gets a ID card, and students that present their ID card, may get special discounts at stores/marts, transportation, restaurants, etc. However, food, and necessary Pokemon Items are free of charge from inside the School’s Pokemon Mart/Cafeteria.

Congrats, Trainer, If you have made your decision about joining RHPA, then continue on to read the following “School Code”, and fill in the information about yourself! Are YOU ready for trainer school?”

-Headmaster Kirk

SCHOOL CODE(WORLD RULES/REGULAR RULES) :

Okay, so you just need to read the long list of rules, and we're ready to Sign-Up!

- I know you may be wondering, “what’s the point of going to school, if I could just get up and go on my journey like Ash?” Well here’s the thing: Ash isn’t exactly the best trainer around, and by going to school, you could become a better Breeder than Brock, or be famous like Prof. Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, etc. someday. Not only that, but you get privileges not available to regular trainers.
- Just so you know, there IS a Pokemart and Pokemon Centre inside the Academy, so use them whenever you want. And yes, the Pokeballs are free, but there are some rules about them. Also, occasionally, the mart has Tm’s, and other rare goodies, but only have a limited amount.
- You can only get one Pokeball every 2 days(actual days). This is to prevent other people from over-catching Pokemon, so I am making a rule where you can only catch a Pokemon once a week, and you MUST pm me or vm me what Pokemon you are going to catch, and it has to be reasonable. Also, the Higher performance Balls(Dusk Balls, Ultra Balls, Great Balls) are only available to those who show good academic performance.
- If you’re going to have a relationship(e.g. boyfriend/girlfriend), run it by the person first, instead of just posting that you guys bf/gf. You can ask through the RP itself if you want to(e.g. having your character ask another’s character on a date). But just don’t act all mushy.
- No Godmodding. This is when you overpower your character or Pokemon, and make it seem you are invincible. Pretty straight forward.
- All Serebii Forum RPG rules Apply. Follow them!
- This is not only a trainer school, but also has classes focused on Contests. However, there are not too many, as more people are into battling/training. There are also Breeding classes, and researching classes.
- No Catching Legendary Pokemon, however, you may see them, or just get a
Glance. You may not see Pokemon such as Giratina, Mewtwo, etc. as they are too rare, but you may see things like Cresselia, Latios, Entei, etc. But don’t act stupid, and see a Legendary on your first 2 days or something.
- There will be occasional tournaments, which will be just for Prizes, or for
Getting into a higher ranked House.
- After defeating Gym leaders, you can get various Prizes, such as Tm’s, or Eggs if you’re lucky.
- The Gym Leaders are going to be NPC’s, however, during a battle between players and Gym Leaders, they can be played by other players. After the battle(Overworld), they are to be controlled by the RP Leader. I am trusting you guys to be smart with the battle, and not win every single one of them
- Training your Pokemon in this RP is the same system as training your Pokemon in the Anime. By battling or sparring other Pokemon, your Pokemon will gain experience, and then eventually Evolve. But I will Pm you when I think your Pokemon may evolve. Do NOT, and I repeat do NOT evolve it without my approval. The more you play, the faster your Pokemon will evolve.
- NO Shinies, unless I approve of it. Also, Yes, Shinies will “ Sparkle” when sent out of their Pokeballs, but not when seen in the wild.
- No Mary-Sues, or Gary- Stu’s (Perfect Characters)
- Please be Active! I can’t express this enough. If you plan on being away long enough to delay the pace of the RP, Pm me, or another member to let me know, and I’ll be more than willing to help you out
- I am not too picky about the sexual comments, but just don’t make the comments extremely graphic. PG 13-14 material
- Also, please use minimal cussing. Probably the only acceptable ones would be Damn, or Hell. But please refrain from using these ones too much as well.
- You must Post at least a Paragraph, or enough to let other characters to work with, but don’t write only 2 sentences, your posts should be detailed enough to look good
-HAVE FUN!

Okay, so here's the SU:

Name:

House: (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green)

Personality: (A descriptive personality; one paragraph at least)

Appearance: (A paragraph on what your character wears and looks like)

History: ( A brief history on why they are attending, and little background knowledge of your character)

Other: (anything else we should know about)

Pokemon SU:

Pokemon: (only one Pokemon please)

Nickname:

Moves: (beginner moves, please!; 2-3 moves)

Personality:

So that's pretty much it! Please Sign-up, and I'll promise you, this will be a great RP for everyone to enjoy!

------------------------

MY SU:

Name: Alex Ganston

House: Red (Since we don't have one)

Personality: Alex isn't what you would call a spontaneous guy. He doesn't really like doing anything outside of his boundaries, unless he has good reason to, or peer pressure. He's lazy at times, especially something revolves around him doing anything strenuous or lots of physical work. Although this contradicts itself a little, as he does work out at the gym a couple of times a week. He also happens to make jokes at times, in an attempt to be funny, but it doesn't always work out that way. He does this in front of girls especially, as he tries to impress them, but this has obviously failed as he has never had a girlfriend, or really any girl like him.

He's also a little bit on the shy side, for really no reason at all. He's just one of those people who open up to their friends once they get to know them better. Despite being shy, he's really a nice guy once people get to know him. Although he's not the bravest, he doesn't really stick up for his friends or back them up in a fist fight, for two reasons: He gets nervous, and is scared to get hurt. He doesn't get mad easily, unless it over something that he cares about a lot, b/c he doesn't really see the point of getting angry and fighting over something that could just end in a big mess.

Alex does also have a fear of the dark, and heights. They are not extreme, but they both of those fears put him in an uncomfortable position. Especially now that he happens to be going to an Academy where he will most likely be in a spot with one of those situations. And lastly, although he's in the Red House, he does happen to be smart. The only problem is that he is one of those people who study, and then bomb tests. He just over exaggerates on his tests, especially on multiple-choice, as he tends to keep changing his answers. He also has good battling skill, often practicing in his hometown against friends and such.

Appearance: Alex stands at about 6'1". He is tall, but honestly, it not uncommon to find people his height at his age. He has light brown skin, and medium sized black-hair. His hair has a nice shine to it, and he has short "boy"-bangs, which cover up his forehead, and stop approximately 1-inch above his eyebrows. He has dark brown eyes, and has slight stubble on his chin and jaw-line, but this isn't really noticeable unless looked at specifically, or at his face. His 'uniform', is a red t-shirt, on top of a white long-sleeve cotton shirt. He wears dark-blue jeans, with a black belt(silver buckle), and wears black runners, with Emerald Green stripes going vertically from the side of the shoes. He wears a black-t-shirt underneath his regular clothes, and also wears a silver, rather expensive watch on his right hand. It may not look like it, but Alex actually has a decent amount of muscle. This isn't really visible unless he takes his shirt-off, or wearing a t-shirt. He got most of it from boxing lessons that he used to take a few years back, so when he needs to, he can throw a pretty packed punch.

History: Alex has a typical teenaged life. Nothing has really happened, other than his school got shut down from the lack of students. He originally used to attend a private school in his town, Lavaridge Town, but eventually students started to drop out for some reason, causing the school to go into debt. The school only ended up having 42 students in total, and was shut down. Alex went for 2 months without a school, but his parents got him a ticket to the RHPA to finish up school. It wasn't that expensive, so it was affordable. He didn't really like the idea of going, but grew to it, as he visioned he could just sit-back and relax there due to having his own dorm.

Before the shut down of his school though, Alex used to battle with his friends, where he got most of his battling skill from. He isn't the best out there, but he certainly isn't the worst. He received his Pokemon, Squirtle, through chance, at the lottery in Celadon City, on his trip to Kanto about a year ago. His dad was playing, and revieved enough coins to get a Squirtle, which was given to him by his father. Nt the best way to get your dream Pokemon, but it is a way nonetheless. Alex is grateful to Squirtle, although it stays in it's Pokeball most of the time.

Other: N/A

My Pokemon SU:

Pokemon: Squirtle

Nickname: Agua

Moves: Water gun, Withdraw, Aqua Jet(Egg move)

Personality: Agua doesn't have much of a personality. He just listens to Alex whenever he gives a command and Agua obeys. Although Agua does seem to have a fighting spirit in battle, which Alex lacks, and this weird synergy between them is what makes them do well in battle. Alex gives orders, and Agua does them to the best of its abilities. Always stays by Alex when out of its Pokeball, and it never strays out or plays with others unless permission is gotten by Alex. He doesn't know why Agua does this, but Alex doesn't really mind.

------------------------

Reserves:
Victory
Requiem's Eclipse

Accepted:
Jegretis-Alex Ganston-Squirtle[Agua]

Slipomatic-Serra Layo-Vulpix[Lira]

Flame Mistress-Candy Viloria-Piplup[Hydro]

EmiChika-Evelyn Yvette Carson-Ralts[Ultros]

Mon1010-Leo Silverstone-Munna[Shawn]

MeltingCORE-Cindy "Shapes" Chambers-Litwick[Inferno]

Neo Pikachu-Craig Benton-Buizel[Cyan]

Treespyro-Joel Cooper-Misdreavus[Missy]

SpyroxPikachu-Ashley Snow-Snivy[Jaroo]

ParadoxWithinAParadox-Savannah Winters-Togepi[Kiki]

CharizardFan-Steve Smith-Duskull[Spook]

Monty-Ricardo Reyes-Minccino[Judy]

Kusari-Calliope "Cal" Chase-Shuckle[Coope]

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Hmm maybe keen. Reserve please?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Meh, reserve me a spot too.

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Alright you guys are reserved!

@Flame Mistress: 150 Pokedollars may be cheap, but parents will still probably send money to the child for their personal uses and such.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Say hello to an old sign-up that's been tweaked for the sign-up requirements :p

Name: Serra Layo

Hometown: Verdanturf Town

House: Blue

Personality: Serra is well mannered around most people. She loves to discuss about pokémon battles and contests. She likes fire and water pokémon and will often daydream about them if she is bored. She enjoys talking with people in general, often making friends with them because of her nature to be polite and courteous. She doesn’t like anyone who mistreats pokémon and will often become angry if she sees someone mistreating pokémon. Often, she will have to be held back from giving the person a slap of reasoning and she will often end up fuming for a good while. Although she maintains a calming personality outside of Pokémon battles, she is very competitive in battles and contests.

She likes challenging trainers who are more experienced than she is and takes losing with good grace. Although she hates losing, she knows that you can learn a lot from a loss. She has a wild mind for strategies and contest moves and will often make mistakes or judgments on moves or combinations. She is also a risk taker and will often gamble in dire situations to win the battle, never following the strategy book. She will always bow to her opponents after the battle and thank her opponent before leaving.

Appearance:
Serra is small for her age, not having yet hit her growth spurt yet. She stands at 4’ 5” and her body has yet to hit the puberty stage. She isn’t very well defined in the curves, but her legs are well toned and slightly muscled. Her hair is a sparkling blue with a matching set of blue eyes that shine with resolve. Her hair is very straight and comes down to just above her shoulder in length and the bangs are combed to the side so her forehead shows. Her face is rounded and soft to the touch. Her body is slim overall. Her choice of clothing outside of the uniform would be a simple white dress that comes down to her knees. The dress is a very simple dress in that it has no patterns on it except at the ends where it has a wave pattern that is distinguished by a different shade of white underneath the wave. Serra wears a pair of white sandals along with the dress or uniform which she has a short skirt, which is the same color as the uniform, to go along with the uniform. When cold weather comes up, she has a longer version of the same dress that will come down to her feet and wrists. She will also wear soft, white, cotton gloves with the longer dress with a pair of white tennis shoes with black laces and no patterns at all on the shoes.

History: Serra wasn’t born in Verdanturf Town at first. She originally was born in Lilycove City, but her family had moved to Verdanturf Town because it was a very peaceful town and the air was clean. She grew up with a famous coordinator as her mother and her father being a famous trainer. Her parents were fairly rich in that they taught people who wanted to take lessons from them so they had constant funding to live very comfortable lives. Her parents held high expectations for her when she had a very strong compassion for Pokémon. Serra was often seen playing with pokémon and treating them as her friends rather than as lower beings. She was given a baby vulpix on her ninth birthday as a pet by the rules of the pokémon league which didn’t allow trainers to officially own pokémon until they were ten years old. Nevertheless, she and vulpix, who she named Lira, became fast friends. They would often be found doing things together and on rare occasions, eating from the same dish much to the surprise of her parents although it was mostly human food she was spoiling vulpix with. She was enrolled into the RA at the age of ten so that she would have a good chance to further herself as a trainer or coordinator. Serra herself has a goal to be both top coordinator and champion of Hoenn when she has learned all she can from the RA.

Pokémon

Species: Vulpix

Nickname: Lira

Moves: Ember
Faint Attack (Egg Move)
Quick Attack

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
@Slipomatic: Hey, there, glad to see you again Slip. Also, I see you are returning with Serra. You are Accepted.

@Flame Mistress: Yes I am aware of that, but since it is way cheaper, it won't be much of a problem for poorer families to send their kids to the school.

Flame Mistress

...Meh. True.

Anyway, finished.

Name: Candice "Candy" Viloria
House: Yellow

Appearance: Candy stands at about five feet and four inches, and has a pretty slim figure, without any muscles to particularly boast about. Her face is heart-shaped, and her long, frizzly, blonde hair is almost always tied back in two rather careless bunches, with a similarly careless fringe resting on her forehead. She is almost always smiling, and her emerald-green eyes tend to twinkle in the sunlight, or whenever she is excited.

Candy can usually be seen wearing a tight, short-sleeved, white t-shirt with several small red hearts printed in the middle and a denim jacket on top, along with short denim shorts and white leggings that are long enough to reach just below her knees. Sometimes, in the winter, she'll add on a fur coat and a white neck warner to her outfit. She also wears diamond earrings - yes, real diamond ones.*

Personality: If you hadn't guessed by her looks already, Candy, just like what they tell everyone, is bright, outgoing, happy-go-lucky, mischievous... Well, anything but mature, that is, unfortunately enough for her.

Candy likes to talk before she thinks, and her hyper personality, along with her naughtiness, has punished her in several different ways. No one has ever seen her sad, let alone crying in a corner; she has been a cheerful girl for as long as anyone can remember, and there's certainly no doubt about that; she was born with her personality.

However, she is a bit over-reactive and too stubborn sometimes, and has occasionally done some things without meaning to during her training sessions, promptly making her fail, thanks to her bounciness. Candy tries not to repeat that mistake, but it does happen once in a while - and she could be the one to ruin her mission and career if that happens again, much to her dismay.

History: Candy's first seven years of life were spent with her constantly arguing parents in Hearthome City, and she often had to spend the night with a friend or at the local Pokémon Centre with the permission of the kind Nurse Joy, to avoid being hit by one of the flying chairs her father would've thrown at her mother in a typical fight. She had no idea that she had powers strong enough to stop those flying chairs midair.*

When she was 7, her parents finally decided to divorce, feeling sick of all the constant fighting. Unfortunately for Candy, neither of her parents had planned on raising the child, and just dumped her at an orphanage as they went their separate ways. Poor Candy was lonely and unloved in the orphanage, but always kept her spirits high, and believed that there was hope for her parents to return and pick her up. She picked up the hobby of reading and studying different myths and legends from around the world, and soon they were all inside her head, ready to entertain her whenever she was bored or feeling down.

However, it wasn't her parents who came to pick Candy up a year later; it was a distant relative of Candy, a cousin of a nephew of a grand-uncle, in fact. He was an archaeologist named Liam Hawkes, and had heard from his cousin, who had heard from his uncle, who had heard from his brother, that Candy had a strong interest in myths and legends. Liam decided to adopt her, having had no success in conceiving children, and took her back to his home of Celestic Town, where she was to live with his wife, Sandra. The three of them often spent time exploring Mt. Coronet and studying the myths of Sinnoh, but that happiness only lasted for three years, after which Liam died in a hiking accident.

Sandra was then invited to live in Lilycove City of the Unova Region with her sister, Jodie. Sandra agreed that doing so would be best for her and Candy - who had grown to be like her own daughter by then - and sailed to Unova a few weeks later. Candy secretly preferred living in Lilycove City, where everything was happy, bright, cheerful and whimsical, just like her hometown of Hearthome City.

She began to enrol in the RHPA from the age of 12 - it's her second year here. She decided to come here as she was getting quite bored of her life in Lilycove City over time, and was eager to learn new things and become a skilled trainer and research her, just like her Uncle Liam, instead of just lounging about, doing next to nothing.*

Other: She has this really bad habit of oversleeping.

Pokémon*

Name: Hydro
Species: Piplup
Moves: Bubble, Peck, Icy Wind (tutor move)
Personality: Hot-headed and determined, never gives up; is a bit bossy sometimes, as well as quirky and a bit crazy as well. He can be a bit of a klutz on some occasions, too.*
Other: Loves pudding.*

Flash Sport

Whatcha gotta say?
I guess I’ll try this one. Hope this is good enough…

Name: Evelyn Yvette Carson

House: Green

Personality: Evelyn is a very meek girl with low self-esteem who tries to avoid confrontation as best as she can. She’s an emotional being who has a tendency to wear her heart on her sleeve in spite of her best efforts to conceal it. Shyness is another strong trait in her personality, which contributes to her reclusiveness despite her great dislike for being lonely. However, she puts up with it just as she puts up with the constant bullying and teasing she endured that being confined to a wheelchair brought. At her core she functions by the saying “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” She lives by it heartily although it often results in her becoming a doormat and not always receiving the same treatment in return. Much to her embarrassment her classmates consider her a teacher’s pet, but she merely has a helpful disposition and will aid any individual to the best of her abilities, often times putting them before herself depending on the situation. She does this because she feels her life has turned meaningless and by helping people she hopes to feel that she has some value. With her legs not fit enough to make a journey, Evelyn’s unsure of what she wants to do with life, but continues to hold out hope that she would be able to walk again one day and find direction.

On the upside, she’s a considerably intelligent lass who has managed to maintain her standing in the Green House despite not being great at battling when compared to others. Her determination and diligence are unknown to her, but if there’s something she truly desires, she will work nonstop to reach that goal. Due to her not having many friends she spends her most of her time studying. Because she dislikes arguments she will opt to act as the mediator, if she has the courage to do so. All in all, she’s a kind and hardworking individual whose resilience is steadily increasing.

Appearance: If not for her wheelchair, Evelyn would stand around five feet six inches, but appears shorter because of her disability. Her naturally russet skin allows her to contend with prolonged exposure to sunlight and seldom suffers from the adverse effects unless she’s exposed for an unnaturally long period. Framing her oval face like a tamed lion’s mane is a thick mass of black micro braids reaching to the middle of her back. Beneath her slightly close set, round brown eyes are ice pick scars, which litter her cheeks like freckles from her pimple popping days. Her nose is moderately short and flat, and her frequently drawn lips are moderately thick. Since she has been in a wheelchair Evelyn had dropped a little more than twenty pounds, but continues fighting to at least maintain her one hundred ten pounds. However, she could easily appear gaunt when under stress or from a lack of food.

Hanging about her neck is a delicate silver necklace from which an aquamarine pendant dangles. Also gently tied about her neck is a mint green, silk scarf. Her sleeveless, honeydew colored tunic reaches to mid-thigh, and has arabesque patterning of various shades of green around the hem and neckline. Depending on the temperature and/or her location she may: pull on loose, detachable sleeves to protect her arms from intense sunlight or adorn a poncho. She keeps both items with her as a precaution. Her drawstring, dark green near black pants are wide legged and baggy, enabling her to keep cool. She finishes up her wear with either sandals or simple flats. She owns two wheelchairs, one of which is automatic. The black and silver wheelchairs have become as much a part of her as anything else, no matter how depressing it may be.

History: As soon as she was born her parents named her Evelyn, attaching the nickname of Eevee immediately thereafter because her round face resembled one. Much of Evelyn’s childhood was straightforward with her growing up in Mossdeep City and acquiring a healthy ambition to pursue a career in Pokémon Contests like her older sister who had already participated in the Grand Festival twice. She was an active and healthy child with much energy so it came as a complete shock that Evelyn was diagnosed with some mysterious illness that began plaguing her legs. She was around the age of eight when she experienced the onset of that hidden menace when her knees and ankles locked on her during play. A sharp pain jolted through her joints and she cried fiercely. Her playmates gathered around to help her while others went in search of adults. Upon the arrival of her parents, they quickly gathered the child and carted her to the doctor. Initially, Evelyn’s sudden plight and inflamed leg joints stumped the physician who told them to immediately take her to the hospital, adding that he would call ahead with the dilemma. After a series of tests, the hospital doctor broke the news to her and her parents about the rare, debilitating illness that came with a rather unfavorable prognosis for those who had it. Now that the malady had established itself and was active, it would cause the bones her legs and feet to stiffen, in particular the joints. To prevent atrophy, the doctor assigned her a physical therapist to keep her legs in shape and hopefully stave off the infirmity.

Evelyn hated being in a wheelchair and hated physical rehab even more because the process was so painful. The illness progressed, continuing to stiffen her legs and ankles, and thereby making each visitation worse. She begged her parents not to take her back to that place, but knowing it was influential in their daughter’s recovery they had to ignore her blubbering and take her anyway despite it being painful for them as well. As time rolled on with no relief in sight, Evelyn dropped in mood and health with her losing weight and becoming depressed. The encouragement of her friends is what kept her going. Two years later, her depression hit an all time high when she turned ten and it was time for the majority of her friends to start their journey. She felt hollow as everyone bade each other goodbye and a safe journey. By the following year all of her friends had left on their journey. One day, in a blind fit of both desperation and frustration, Evelyn attacked her legs with a razor in attempt to saw off the cause of her pain. The first cut made her drop the blade in shock as blood poured from the gash. Her family was mortified when they found her passed out from blood loss. The doctor prescribed her some antidepressants, but the girl refused to take the medicine and her family could only watch on in helplessness as the young one deteriorated.

It was her sister who came to the rescue and presented to them a flyer about the Pokémon Region Academy. Knowing that Evelyn was failing because of her being confined to the house and unable to go on her journey like her friends she looked for ways her sister could some how get the same experience without the need for extensive traveling. Evelyn perked up a bit at this, but her parents were dubious since it was quite a distance for their little girl. They said they would consider it if Evelyn made the effort to get better. She agreed and began working hard in rehab, enduring one painful session after another before she was able to apply. In the meantime her parents inquired of both the academy and Evelyn’s doctors to see if it was possible for her to attend the academy. It was a new case to the academy. They worked with the Carsons in making sure their daughter would be able to attend without hassle and even scheduled academy visitations for them to personally inspect the facility. Rooming and other arrangements were made to accommodate the girl. An extra period was added to her schedule for physical therapy with one of the academy’s nurses. Meanwhile, Evelyn's therapist assigned her a ralts, a Pokémon trained to be a physical therapist, to take her place during schooling. Evelyn was thirteen when she was finally able to attend the academy.

Other: Ultros is not really Evelyn’s Pokémon. He’s actually a Pokémon loaned to her by the rehabilitation center to keep tabs on her physical condition while she attended the academy. He helps to exercise her legs through the use of confusion and charge beam, the latter acting as a form of electrotherapy. Those closest to her, such as her parents, affectionately call her Eevee on occasion. Evelyn has a secret crush on Steven Stone and also developed keen interest in the “wish Pokémon.”

Pokémon SU:

Pokémon: Ralts

Nickname: Ultros

Moves: Confusion, Teleport, Charge Beam

Personality: Since he was born and trained to care for the injured, Ultros is very protective of his patients whose wellbeing is always at the forefront of his mind and is known to be very prudent with how he handles them. He has a high level of patience, levelheadedness, and astuteness, all of which he needs when dealing with the ailing. Another result of his training is his ability to quickly assess situations when it comes to his patients and other medical situations that may come about. He also has complete control and mastery over his current attacks since delicacy and care are mandatory during rehabilitation. Since he is sent with Evelyn to the academy, he also unwittingly became the Pokémon she would use throughout the beginning. Due to his working only in the medical field Ultros didn't really know how to battle, rather he is unsure of it. Although his knowledge may prove beneficial and instrumental in winning from time to time, he doesn’t really care for it because it leaves him exhausted and incapable of caring for his patient properly afterwards. The only times he would willingly to agree to battle is if it’s required, if it makes his patient happy, or if he needs to protect her from harm. Despite having considerable control over his moods, his state of mind can still be influenced by strong emotion that can either greatly aid or hinder him.

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Not done yet.

:Theodore "Theo" Partido

House: Red

Personality: Theodore is very happy and carefree.

Appearance: (A paragraph on what your character wears and looks like)

History: ( A brief history on why they are attending, and little background knowledge of your character)

Other: The only reason he was put into the red house was because Dezan swapped into Negative Dezan mid-battle.
Pokemon SU:

Pokemon: Nincada

Nickname: Dezan (D-ez-ahn)

Moves: Scratch, Harden, Night Slash

Personality: Dezan has multiple personalities, and swaps between them at random times. One is always happy and energetic, and never stops moving. The other is quiet and shy, and never tries at all. Theodore calls the first one Posi-Dezan and the second one Nega-Dezan.

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
@Flame Mistress: Okay, good SU, you are accepted. Also, does your character have powers similar to Sabrina(Psychic Gym Leader)?

@EmiChika: You are also accepted. Also, nice character, something you don't see much(character in a wheelchair).

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I was going to use someone completely different (A girl,) but since we have a lot of girls and no boys yet, I decided to use this guy again. Also, I'll be on vacation from the 20th to the 23rd, so don't be surprised if I don't post if this starts then.

Name: Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone

Appearance: Leo stands at exactly six feet tall, and weighs 170 lbs. His skin is lightly tanned due to being out in the sun on a regular basis, but he does wear sun protection which is why it's only lightly tanned. Though he does not have bodybuilder proportions, he has a toned athletic build and he keeps himself in good shape. He has close cropped black hair, with bangs that cover his forehead and reaches to his eyebrows. There is always a strand of hair on the back of his head that always sticks up no matter how much he tries to comb it down. He has big electric blue eyes, and has a boyish a face. His upper body is void of any hair except for the top of his head and eyebrows.

When not in uniform, Leo wears whatever he pulls out of his closet first. Often times, he will not wear a shirt. He used to be rather scrawny when he was young, and it took a lot of work to bulk up, so he likes showing off the results. When he must wear a shirt, it will usually be a form fitting tank top. He also wears a pair of blue jeans, and red sneakers with wheels in the sole that pop in and out when he puts weight on his heels, allowing them to function like roller skates. On cold days, he will wear a pink hoodie over his regular shirt. Sitting on top of his head are a pair of goggles. He rarely ever uses these goggles for anything, and only wears them because they look cool. He wears his blue pokeetch on his left wrist, and he has a Pokegear on a string worn around his neck. He carries his things in a pink backpack with a purple floral pattern, similar to the ones on a Munna.

Personality: Leo is a friendly guy. He enjoys meeting new people and making new friends. He is not afraid to strike up a conversation with someone. He is also loyal, and very protective of those he cares about. He is also a gentle soul, he wouldn't hurt anything unprovoked.

Leo is a kind hearted and genuine nice guy and is always willing to help someone in need. That said, sometimes Leo can be too nice, to the point of being gullible, and he is often taken advantage of because of it. It is very difficult to get Leo angry, but push him too far, and he can become dangerous. He gets distracted easily, and he has a hard time standing still. He is openly bisexual, though he prefers girls.

History: Leo was born in Stration City Unova. His mother divorced his father when he was young, and he mostly lived with her and his two younger sisters. Leo is closer to his mother than to his father, and he gets along well with sisters and is protective of them. He was skinny, and not very strong growing up, and was often picked on by the bullies who liked showing off how strong they were by beating up other kids who were weaker than them. He came home with bruises on a regular basis.

He did have some friends however. Everyday after school, he would play at the abandoned laboratory near his home, known as the Dreamyard. Everyday untill sunset, he would frolic in the grass with the Munnas (And a few Musharnas.) that lived there. One of those Munnas even followed him home, and became his Pokemon officially. Leo named him Shawn.

One day, Leo found out his mother had gotten a promotion at her job which required her to move to Lilycove City in Hoenn. She also enrolled her son at the Academy, Thinking that it would be good for him. Leo was thrilled, and couldn't wait to move, to get away from those bullies that plagued him and make a fresh start. During his time at the academy, he made a few friends, and he also started working out and getting into sports. He did well in school, and eventually he was promoted to the Yellow house.

Pokemon's name: Shawn
Species: Munna
Personality: Shawn is a fun loving and playful Pokemon. He enjoys pulling tricks on others. He likes to have fun, but he knows when it's time to get serious, and when he is serious, he can be a competent battler. He has an appetite for sweet dreams, however when he attempts to eat someone's dream, he often gets himself into trouble. He is easily distracted by shiny things.
Moves: Psybeam, Yawn, Moonlight

Last edited:

MeltingCORE

Sweet, looks like a nice *detailed* RP. I'll be signing up with my OC Shapes and her Litwick. (Been wanting to use these two...)

Name: Cindy "Shapes" Chambers
House: Blue

Personality: Shapes is a quaint young girl who enjoys, as she calls it, the 'art' of shape-shifting and other 'magic' related topics. However, it's the basic idea of these 'magical' things that fascinate her. She can't be bothered to seriously look up the deeper history nor explanations of these things. (She tried looking at a few books pertaining to these topics. She didn't understand them.) That being said, Shapes has trouble concentrating which causes her learning skills to be a bit jumbled. That is why she has been placed in the Blue House. She is a intelligent girl but she has a ways to go before she can use her full potential. She does want to become a good Trainer/Battler eventually.

Despite Shapes' smaller-than-a-Diglett concentration, she is a rather curious girl. (But her curiosity for certain subjects lasts for about, say, a day.) She's mischievous on top of that. Both of those traits are what led her to meet her Litwick, Inferno. With other people, she is generally cheerful and can be a good conversationalist when she wants to. But if a person bores her, she takes on a placid demeanor. This is most commonly seen with her teachers. She just sits there and blankly stares at them, much to Inferno's dismay. She tends to get angry at herself sporadically, usually over the strangest things. The anger tends to subside in a few minutes. (Oh, curse that concentration thing...)

Appearance: Shapes' body shape and size is on the smaller, flatter side of the spectrum for her age group. Because she's somewhat active physically, she does manage to stay at a healthy weight. Not too skinny and not too chubby. Her eyes are a peculiar shade of indigo which pop out on her small face. Her hair is white (like snow, fools) and just sort of hangs from Shapes' head, stopping a little past her shoulders. She doesn't care about sprucing it up and just runs a comb through it. It would be perfectly straight but the tips tend to curl outwards.

Outfit wise, well, Shapes may be flatter, but she is not afraid to wear clothes that compliment her body. (Compliment enough without breaking school regulations.) Her preferred 'uniform' is a cerulean tank top layered with a long sleeved shirt. She (for some reason) has ripped holes at the bottoms of her sleeves so she can stick her thumbs through. Bunched at the side of her right hip, attached at the bottom of her tank top, is a dainty bow with ribbons that trail to a little past her knees. She favors skirts with scalloped edges and pumps for her feet.

History: Shapes was born in Alamos Town, faraway in the Sinnoh region. Her parents were nothing special in the business world, the mother was a 'Nurse Joy' in a Pokemon center and her father was a street vendor. Shapes' family was on the lower side of middle class, occasionally slipping to lower class. Because her parents worked night and day to keep the family afloat, Shapes wandered the streets of Alamos Town with her older buddies, Kai and Minny. At the age of ten, she set off with Kai and Minny on the idealized Trainer adventure at the urgings from her parents to 'be something better'. They traveled for a year a half in Sinnoh and then went to the Unova region. Unova was where Shapes' acquired her first Pokemon, a Litwick.

And how that Litwick came to be Shapes' first Pokemon...
Finding this Litwick was where Shapes almost let her curiosity become deadly. She had set off for a abandoned mansion without the consent of Kai and Minny, wanting to reap the vacant place for hidden treasures. (A decision which later irritated Shapes' as she now calls it a 'cliche thing to do'.) Without tracking time, the sky shut down before Shapes could leave, plunging her into nighttime. She decided to stay in the mansion for the night, despite how worried her companions might be. There was no way she was walking alone in the darkness. She wandered the corridors but after awhile but she clumsily dropped her flashlight, breaking it. She stubbornly sat down and that's when the little candle Pokemon decided to show itself. Shapes still refused to move, even at the offer of being led back to her friends. The Litwick still stayed. Shapes started talking to it and after awhile she made it smile a genuine smile. But for the past few hours it had been taking Shapes' life energy, as Litwicks tend to do. Shapes had developed a suffocating migraine and fainted. However, the Litwick decided it liked Shapes' and stopped trying to kill her. In the morning, it was still there and Shapes realized it had stayed with her all night. At this point, Shapes convinced it to come with her.

Anywho, since this was the first Pokemon Shapes acquired, that first year and a half was spent as a observer. Shapes' parents knew this and had found out about the RHPA in the Hoenn region. They required that their daughter stop her journey and join this academy so that she could better herself as a Trainer. Plus, it would mean giving their daughter a proper education. They paid the entrance fee. And thus, Shapes was shipped off to the RHPA.

Other: Shapes is the nickname she bestowed upon herself. She prefers to be called Shapes over her real name (Cindy) and will refuse to listen to you if you call her anything else.

Shapes' Pokemon
Pokemon: Litwick
Nickname: Inferno
Moves: Ember, Astonish, Fire Spin
Personality: Inferno has calmed down on the whole taking-people's-life-energy thing since meeting Shapes but still has 'the urge' sometimes. He isn't really 'evil' though. He wishes Shapes' would get serious a little more often.

I hope this is alright. : )

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Name: Craig Benton

Personality: The main underlying aspect of Craig's personality is he's definitely not very social at all. But, when pressured to speak to others, he's very calculating, and examines and sizes up a lot of the personality aspects of the people he's talking to, making him quite efficient at determining the kinds of people they are. Meanwhile, Craig can be helpful and reliable, but he always expects something in return. He also believes that if you're good at doing something, never do it for free. As a result, he'll go and help others, but only if there is a payment or reward in return.

Craig is also a very studious student, and excels at obtaining high marks. However, one truth behind him is that he aspires to be a lawyer, not a master Pokémon trainer. In fact, the main reason he was urged to attend classes as the Region Academy was to understand the local culture surrounding Pokémon a little more, why trainers battle, and the like. He, however, is very difficult to coax into having a battle, especially if it's only for casual reasons and not a requirement of the class he's attending. He is also knowledgeable regarding Pokémon, but it's really only for the sake of his current classes. Meanwhile, a lot of his tactics are focused on the personality of the opponent, and to predict what kind of strategy they'll use. Craig can separate the timid from the determined, the weak from the strong, and the adamant from the quirky simply based on the behavior, composure, and physical character of who he is observing, be it a trainer or the Pokémon itself. His Buizel, Cyan, simply responds to Craig's commands, although Cyan has become more perceptive of these same behavioral patterns that Craig has examined in the past.

As a result, not many trainers like to battle him. Those that do often have their strategies and their Pokémon's personalities picked apart before them, and very often, Craig won't hesitate to point out their flaws. Meanwhile, battling itself is not something Craig takes seriously either in his desires for a legal profession once he graduates from the academy. As a result, a win or loss is very often responded to with a very indifferent and unenthusiastic response. Because of this, Craig keeps much more reliance on his testing and academic skills rather than his battling record to obtain his high grades.

Appearance: Craig stands 6'2". His skin has a tan complexion, and he has short, black hair that is usually kept neat and parted downward. Meanwhile, he has brown eyes, and is usually seen wearing an indifferent expression on his face, usually unconcerned with his fellow classmates unless they happen to be people he is dealing with. Craig keeps himself very refined and very clean, and doesn't like dirty things or dirty places.

On casual, non-class periods, Craig wears a typical yellow sweater to indicate his house color, while wearing a pair of brown kakis and a brown leather belt. He also wears a pair of black leather shoes, and a silver hand watch. However, during class, presentations, or events, he often also wears formal business suit attire, using a yellow tie to indicate his house. In truth, he believes in looking professional, and to dress for the job he wants. He also feels dressing formally even in casual settings tends to gain him more respect.

History: Craig was born in Vermillion City, Kanto. Even as a child, Craig demonstrated a strong understanding for responsibility, always keeping things clean, doing chores, and being able to prioritize. Meanwhile, he was also very good at persuasion, and demonstrated a strong knowledge even in younger years. His troubles, however, came with making friends. Craig only made friends that could be of some benefit to him later. As a result, he never associated with social loafers, meek people that didn't offer him anything in return, or people that he knew weren't capable in skills or keeping their promises. As a result, Craig had friends, but he also had enemies.

Craig never really grew too attached to Pokémon either. While many children loved them and couldn't wait to be trainers, Craig had different aspirations. He wanted to be a lawyer, a high-paying profession that involved a more interesting strategy than having to Pokémon put themselves in a boxing match. Being a lawyer was all about finding weakness in his opponent's testimony, discrediting evidence, earning money, and building reputation. He also feels most Pokémon trainers have their dreams crushed in the leagues anyway. Only very, very few trainers ever become champion, while the rest simply fail, get kicked out of the league, and move on to different professions anyway.

After this, Craig, with urging from his parents, enrolled at the Region Academy simply to gain more of an understanding of the culture that surrounds Pokémon, and how it behaves as an economic, social, and cultural dynamic. As a result, Craig understanding why Pokémon and the training and culture revolving around them is important to the region's economy, but that's all he's really interested in it for.

Most of what is going to be taught at the academy, Craig already knows. The details that aren't are usually quickly learned through study and textbook examination. On the side, during his free time, Craig studies legal aspects for when he prepares to enroll in law school and take the bar exam in Kanto. Other times, he makes deals with other students, usually money for favors. Students have come to rely on Craig, and Craig in turn has turned it into a profitable venture. They know, however, that Craig isn't out for the kind of friendship that has one person pulling the weight of the other along all the time. To Craig, it's deal or no deal.

Other: Craig is very persuasive, and knows exactly how to present himself in a diplomatic fashion. He is also very intelligent and relies on his skills and wit rather than strength and brawn.

Pokémon SU:

Pokémon: Buizel
Nickname: Cyan
Moves: Quick Attack, Aqua Jet, Swift

Personality: Very indifferent and not very playful, Cyan is a lot like his trainer, and shows no interest in relating to other Pokémon. He also shakes his head in disbelief at trainers doing ridiculous things with their Pokémon, such as teaching them tricks, dressing them up, or other such activities. He also has absolutely no interest in taking part in Pokémon contests either. He also may response aggressively toward anyone trying to force him to do something. To Cyan, Craig is his and only his trainer. Everyone else is just there.

When it comes to battling, Cyan relies on Craig's commands, which usually turn out to be very specific instructions based on what he was able to discern about the trainer and the enemy Pokémon based on their composure and personality. Cyan has learned that following these instructions often gives him leverage and victory over the opponent, so he's realized it's not only about strength, it's about understanding the enemy, and knowing them better than they know themselves.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Name: Joel Cooper

House: Green

Personality: Joel is, on a shallow level of looking at him, stereotypical good looking jock type of male. He loves physical activity such as sports and that translates into his appearance and what he loves doing. He is really good when it comes to water activities as well and just loves the thrill of everything. He is a bit of a popular jerk, he only gives attention to those that play sport, look good and that are female. However when it comes to women, he only cares or takes notice when they are attractive. Normally he comes off as a popular arrogant person with no really motivation to study and just likes hanging out with the guys and also getting chicks. He is pretty successful and gets a lot of girls. He is however not really caring about trying to study and just wants to ease through everything so he can do his own stuff. He doesn't care about the school, he just wants to do his own thing. He is averagely smart, when he actually does study it is kind of successful but he just wants to coast. To his friends though and girlfriends of the past, he is very kind and caring, trying to do the right thing but sometimes it just does not go right. He likes fun which is very important to him and also looking good, I mean to him looks gain attention and then you can do whatever. With that he has the aid of charisma to help in that. When it comes to battling, he is pretty chilled and just goes with the flow and uses patience to win rather than anything else.

Appearance: Joel is pretty tall-average at around 6'2" which isn't too tall. He has good weight mainly due to muscle and a bit of fat. Now he has brown hair that is styled in a way that is neat and kept very well. It is pretty short but thick as well. He has brown eyes that are deep and attractive and of course the winning smile with great teeth (He had braces long before) which helps him look pretty darn good. Near flawless skin except for a scar he got on a rock while surfing a while ago. His skin color is pretty close to being in the middle between pale and tanned, so we will just go with your generic 'white' color. He has pretty attractive features, chin, jaw and etc and that helps a lot in getting women and popular status. Now when it comes to his build he is pretty built. Solid but not muscular, just in really good shape and his physique shows it all because of his love for the outdoors, sport and surfing which has made him what he is now. Now what does Joel wear? Well Joel wears a simple white collared shirt which is simple and very fashionable. He wears that green jacket with white like a sports jacket which shows the color of his 'house' He also wears a simple dark pair of denim jeans which again are fashionable and nice. Also he does wear a pair of white sneakers but he does have a lot of clothes with him. He has a modern expensive looking watch on his left arm and that's about it really for Joel's appearance.

History: The Cooper family. Famous for well being them I guess. Mother was a model, father was an actor. So the good genes went to Joel naturally. He loved Pokemon since the get go coming from a town like Celedon City where all the rich people hang out. He accompanied his aunt more who was a great Pokemon trainer and she knew what she was doing most of the time. That began at least somewhat of what Joel wanted to be when he grew up. So he told his parents all about his dreams and all that cliche stuff. His parents decided instead to let him go on a journey with a chance that he could do something pretty stupid. So with that in mind his parents signed him up for the Pokemon Region Academy where he could learn and stuff. He was excited to go until he saw a beautiful girl which then changed his focus from Pokemon a little bit. His first Pokemon and only one is a Misdreavus which was the offspring of his Aunt's Pokemon. He is pretty much going to the school because his parents have money and they don't want him to do anything stupid which is highly likely. Truth be told before that they did except Joel to actually be a female which always irked him. After that they wanted him to be an actor but he couldn't act. So they just decided to let him do his own stuff and support him and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid in the school which could cost a lot of money in damages. Also added with the love of sport and surfing, Joel became more confident and he is sure to allow himself just to have fun in his life and be social and everything else will fall into place.

Other: Girls like him and he likes girls? That could be work well...I think.

Pokemon SU:

Pokemon: Misdreavus

Nickname: Missy

Moves: Growl, Psywave and Spite

Personality: Missy is a very playful Pokemon and that is because of Joel's personality and style. It is laidback and very fun friendly although she does like to battle but that's rare. She likes Joel, just like to have fun. So it is really a just a very playful fun Pokemon that likes to have attention and helps attract some cuteness to Joel which helps him land women kind of...sometimes. Very loyal and vice versa to each other, they are a very solid team.

Last edited: