1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Regional Academy[RA]

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Jegretis, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Jegretis

Jegretis <---My fave PKMN

POKEMON RA

~Approved by RL

This Discussion thread is only available to members of the RP! If you have a question, and you are not a member, VM, or PM me your question! Members may post here what they plan on doing, or if they need my approval on anything. They may also post questions regarding the RP here!
    INTRO TO THE ACADEMY
    “ Welcome, Trainer, to the RHPA- Regional Hoenn Pokemon Academy! It is one of the highest reputable Trainer schools in Hoenn. There are others, just like it, located in different regions, such as Johto, Sinnoh, etc. However, it’s not just your average Trainer school. Its costly, unlike public Trainer schools, and requires all students to wear uniforms. Students may enroll at RHPA, as soon as they are 10 years old, and they graduate at the age of 18, and may afterwards, embark on a quest, or do something else, such as a Pokemon Researcher, Breeder, etc. However, you may enter the school at any age, so it does not really matter if you enroll at the age of 10, 13, 15,etc. Anyways, read on young trainer, and see if this the right place for you!

COSTS & TRAVEL
    The RHPA costs one big enrollment fee of 150 Pokedollars(currency is equivalent to regular real world currency), per year. So depending on when you enroll, and how long you stay, it may cost more or less for each person.

[​IMG]
    (The red circle near the battle Tower is where the RHPA is located)

RHPA, is located faraway form the actual region of Hoenn, and is relatively close to the Battle Tower, but still requires a ferry/boat, or airplane to reach RHPA. For this reason, RHPA has complimentary dormitories for each student, and is expected to share their respective rooms with at least 2 other people(3 people per room). Boys and Girls sharing the same room is STRICTLY forbidden, and so the girls have a different dorm separate from the boys.

RANKING SYSTEM/HOUSES

[​IMG]

All the Regional Trainer schools across every region have the exact same ranking system, for putting students in “houses”. They are color-coded by the Pokemon Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon. Ranking the highest is Vaporeon- “Blue”, ranking second is Flareon- “Red”, and ranking the lowest is Jolteon- “ Yellow”. The ranking system is done by grades, and how well a student performs in the school. If a student performs poorly, and continues to do so for a period of time, the school may kick the student out of the school, or if circumstances are not severe, hire a personal tutor. In some cases, a student may even be demoted from a higher ranked house, to a lower rank.

There are some ways to get promoted a rank, and this is done by: Showing excellent and/or exceptional performance in school, passing “ House Exams”, or simply by winning badges. That’s right I said badges, which I will explain in the next section.

[​IMG]

LEAGUE CHALLENGES

Now you may be wondering, “ If I’m at school, How can I get Badges?” Well my friend, the answer is quite simple. Occasionally, Gym Leaders from the Hoenn region, and sometimes on rare occasions, Leaders from other regions will visit the Academy. During their visit, students are encouraged to battle the Gym leaders, and if they prevail, the Leader may give the victor their signature badge.

However, the fun doesn’t stop there. Occasionally, other famous people and trainers will visit. I won’t reveal too much, but you can expect to see a few familiar faces.

LAST WORDS
    (This stuff is just miscellaneous stuff that doesn’t fit anywhere else, or shouldn’t have their own section).

The Pokedex you students shall receive are the same model as the ones given to trainers on their journeys, in the Hoenn Region. However, unlike theirs, students get to receive their own custom coloured Pokedex, with a built-in “Dex Sync” feature, which will let students to sync their Pokedex’s together, and communicate like cell/walkie-talkies, anywhere, anytime, without the need of phone numbers. However, you must sync the Pokedex locally, before enabling them to communicate with another’s Pokedex.

Students that have enrolled in any Regional Academy, have special privileges outside the school area. Each student gets a ID card, and students that present their ID card, may get special discounts at stores/marts, transportation, restaurants, etc. However, food, and necessary Pokemon Items are free of charge from inside the School’s Pokemon Mart/Cafeteria.

Congrats, Trainer, If you have made your decision about joining RHPA, then continue on to read the following “School Code”, and fill in the information about yourself! Are YOU ready for trainer school?”

-Headmaster Kirk

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battling 101: The first teacher on the left. He works out quite a bit, and is known to be strict battling teacher. His name is Mr. Dane. (More Info coming soon!)

Contest Prep: The only female teacher in the school( Or at least that you will have). She is extremely picky when it comes to contests. She is known for making famous contest coordinators. Her name is Ms. Rika. ( More Info Coming soon!)

Breeding Education: A new teacher at the RHPA. He has been breeding for a long time, and has some Pokemon with quite the unusual movesets. Although he’s not strict, he’ still pretty new so cut him some slack. His name is Professor Martin. ( More Info coming soon!)

Pokemon Research: The teacher for this course is Professor Shida. He has been studying Pokemon for over 40 years, and is quite knowledgeable about them. If you have a question about Pokemon, he’s your guy. ( More Info coming soon!)

Jegretis:
    Name: Alex Ganston
    House: Red
    Pokemon: Poliwag
    Ability: Water Absorb

Slipomatic:
    Name: Serra Layo
    House: Blue
    Pokemon: Vulpix[Lira]
    Ability: Flash Fire

Krug:
    Name: Elias " Eli" Kronenberg
    Pokemon: Nidoran M[Gloriosus]
    Ability: Poison Point

treespyro:
    Name: Abby McGuire
    Pokemon: Staryu
    Ability: Natural Cure

SPBro:
    Name: Ventori "Ven" Lukio
    House: Yellow
    Pokemon: Minun[Zero]
    Ability: Minus

Pokefan0234:
    Name: Taylor Thompson
    Pokemon: Shuppet[Gheist]
    Ability: Insomnia

Silver Seoul:
    Name: Peter Stone
    Pokemon: Natu
    Ability: Synchronize

AZX612
    Name: Adrian Glade
    House: Yellow
    Pokemon: Weedle[Offense]
    Ability: Poison Point

FireTypeLover
    Name: Luke
    Pokemon Growly[Growly]
    Ability: Flash Fire

[​IMG]
    ~Credit goes to RXS for the awsome Blue House Banner! All Blue members may out this in their sig, along with credit to RXS~
    ALEX: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3953/img031is.jpg

For years, this clan was regarded with the highest esteem of all the land. Mostly, because of the Clan's abilities to tame dragon pokemon (this was before Pokeballs) and that the Dragon Clan was able to seal away the three regi's that had been sent from the Sinnoh Region. But, as other tribes began to become more powerful, the Dragon Clan became less and less regarded as the most powerful clan. Because of that, they lost respect and their authority among the other tribes. They were eventually considered equals, and eventually, lessers. The clan did not adapt well to the changing world, and could not keep with the times. Their tribe did not settle down and create a town. The tribe eventually faded from the world's memory, living in silence and traveling in the dark. Clan leaders were passed down through family and marriage, though the Clan held strict rituals about marriage and child birth. Because of this, Ken's father could not be held with respect if they found out about his child. So, he sent him (the rightful heir of the Dragon Clan, mind you) down a river, in hopes the baby would drown, and be forgotten. Fate had it, though, that the baby was carried by currents to Pacifidlog town, where the old man would take him in.

In the dragon clan, there is a prophesy which tells of a Dragonair that will conquer all other dragons, that is the pokemon of the Dragon King, when the Dragon Clan will become strong again. The Dragon Clan, led by this 'Dragon King' will be able to unlock the Regi's once again, and use their power to become the leading clan of Hoenn once again. Once they have done that, they can awaken Regigigas, and be regarded by all nations as the strongest clan. Not that they want to rule the world, they just want to be recognized with respect.

This is Zalck's Dratini Story

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. Krug

Krug .

Still very much so interested!

I have a role to play after all.

3. SPBro

SPBro Insert Title Here.

Still intrested of course, or I wouldn't have wasted time making an app .3.

4. Slipomatic

Slipomatic Eon Collector

lol, I'm still game and just noticed that as of right now, we're all 2 on each house.

Blue power ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Silver_Seoul

Silver_Seoul Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay, I had school today but my sign-up will be up in about an hour. I'm just typing up my history and personality.

6. SPBro

SPBro Insert Title Here.

By the way, you forgot too put in the nickname for Vens pokemon, just lettin yaknow'

7. treespyro

treespyro Vintage much?

Yeah I'm here and good.

8. Krug

Krug .

Oh my.

Eli is probably going to have a vicious rivalry with most of the Characters you guys made. Other Blues being the exception of course.

9. Jegretis

Okay, I have updated the first post, along with any character errors that I previously made.

Okay, So I am doing some last minutes stuff on our first day of school, so I am going to explain what to write in your first post. It's not complicated, so don't worry.

Basically, you are going to split your post into 2 parts. The first part will be the night before you have to go to school. In this part you should be in Slateport. You don't have to explain how you got to Slateport, as ong as you are there. My character for example is spending the night at a hotel with his parents. In the night before, your character should be getting ready for school, along with any other "gifts" your parents give you, and final farewells or something.

Then for the second part of the post, It is morning(around 8:00), and the boat doesn't leave until 8:30. So you may come early if you wish. Once you arrive at the Slateport warehouse, you can look around, whatever you wish, until the other members arrive, and then we will go to the Academy. Easy?

And lastly, I am going to allow an "Intro" battle. Only one. This is to prevent things from getting out-of hand, and wasting time at the warehouse. The first person to initiate a battle, gets to do the Intro battle. You must battle another member, not an NPC. This basically means, the first one to post on the RP thread, and challenges someone, and they agree, those two get to battle. But keep it fair.

So, I am going to go to sleep in about 15-20 minutes, so if you have any questions, now's the time to ask.

10. Pokefan0234

Pokefan0234 Ka-Ra-Tay!

First off, I'm totally still interested in the RP! (Plus I just got accepted, lol. ^_^)

But on another note... about those gifts... you can't get Pokemon from your parents, right?

11. Slipomatic

Slipomatic Eon Collector

if you're asking about getting a second pokemon, I'm fairly sure that answer would be no. I'm sure that we will either catch some later on or will be stuck with our starting pokemon.

Or... if it pulls the idea from F.O.C.U.S. of how to get pokemon, that is another possibility. The fan-fic is on fanfiction.net, but I'm fairly certain that this isn't how you'll get pokemon. I'm more certain that it will be the old battle and capture it style.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  12. Jegretis

Pokefan0234: I don't quite understand what you're saying, but I assuming you are talking about the first part of the post about the night before. You don't get another Pokemon in this post, you already have your Pokemon. The "Gifts" that I was talking about are random stuff, such as some characters are getting Dusk Balls, Quick Balls, Items, berries,etc.

Also, guys I am terribly sorry, I am working as fast as I can, but I woke up late today, and may not have enough time to put up the RP before school starts. However, the RP will be up today, I can ensure you guys that.

13. Zalck

Zalck Back Again...

One word: INTERESTED!

Oh, and Jegretis, could you copy&Paste that story I sent you?
    I was thinking it would make a good 'movie' like you had said later... We could discuss exactly how we go about doing it when the other members see it.

14. Pokefan0234

Pokefan0234 Ka-Ra-Tay!

I figured that would be the case... aw well, guess I'll just catch one later in the RP or something. But I've got another question! (Yeah, yeah... again, I know).

So, do each of the houses have separate dorms? (Ex. The Vaporeon's have their own dorms, the Flareons have their own dorms, etc.) or are they all bunched together into one huge dorm?

15. AZX612

AZX612 On my own here we go

I have 2 things to say.

First; You need to update the list.

Second: What about Lillycove?! Thats a Port/Warehouse/Harbor too, and lots of people live in a town (Mainly Foretree) that would require you to cross a river, and people dont have Pokemon that can swim. And taking an Airplane would render Slateport useless. So whynot Lillycove too?

16. Slipomatic

Slipomatic Eon Collector

Slateport is better known for boats and ferries. Also, Slateport is also closer to the RA than Lilycove.

Also, I shall go ahead and say that I will most likely not partake in the first battle until we're at the school.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  17. AZX612

Well, your not the Game Master.

I was asking him because it wouldnt be as clear to someone who didnt create the RPG.

18. SPBro

SPBro Insert Title Here.

Whoa oh oh, someones getting a little spicy ehh?

19. Jegretis

Okay, guys, calm down, there's no need for arguing or fighting.

AZX612: To answer your question, I updated the first post.

And to answer your other question, It's exactly as Slipomatic said. Not only is it closer, but it is more known. Not only that, but not all the boats leave to the RHPA. For example, say you are going to some foreign country, do all planes at the airport go to the same country?

Also, could you try not to post 1 word posts? The mods are going to lock this thread if they see you do it, and we can't let that happen, as this RP may need alot of discussion.

On the other hand, I am about to post the RP. My post is not that epic, its just a short, simple introductory to the RP, but mostly the character. You guys should be able to follow on what to do after reading it. So, good luck, and have fun!

20. AZX612

Thank you for the answer, and whoops, I'll delete it. Ive just been here a while and wasnt thinking about it. Sorry.