• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Regional Academy[RA]

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
----The Night before School (Slateport City, Hotel)----

“ I can’t believe I’m leaving tomorrow…” Alex mumbled to himself as he got his backpack ready. He had extra clothes, toothbrush, and other necessities, as he would be gone for nearly 2 years, or maybe even more depending on how well he did in school.

“ You know, I’m pretty sure they have clothes for sale at the Academy.” His mom said. She observed his backpack, and what he put in there. “ Aren’t you going to pack any leisurely stuff?”

“ No, not really. I’m trying to save money. And besides, I got enough clothes in here to last me every day of the week. I got 4 pair of the same jeans, and 4 T-shirts, plus my sweater.” He rummaged through his backpack some more, organizing some things. “ Oops, almost forgot my swim shorts.” He laughed a bit, and grabbed and packed his swim shorts.

“ Swim shorts?” His mom laughed, questioning. “ What do you need those for?”

“ You never know, they may come in handy.” He laughed some more. And besides, there might be a hot tub there.” Alex suddenly stopped and looked at something in his backpack. He grabbed something and pulled it out of backpack. It was a Pokeball. “ Poliwag…” He muttered to himself.

“Hey! That reminds me, take this!” His mom suddenly interrupted his train of thought, and grabbed a small box on a nearby table. “ Here, open it.” She gently handed him the box.

Alex grabbed it, and opened the top lid of the box, revealing a Pokeball. “ It’s a Friend Ball…” He took the ball out of the box and examined it.

“ Yup. You can’t buy them from here, in the Hoenn region. We had got one specially for you, for school. You might find a Pokemon that you may like.” Alex put the Friend Ball in his backpack, and nodded at his mom. He continued to put his stuff away, to prepare for the one of the biggest journeys known to mankind: School.

----First day of school----

The morning sun struck through the tropical clouds of the Hoenn Region, with the scent of fruit, and other marketable goods drifting in the air of the Slateport Market. The air was fairly humid, with the cool breeze from the ocean, coming through the city. Alex, heading to the Slateport Harbor, readying for the trip ahead to the RHPA: Regional Hoenn Pokemon Academy!

“ … This school better be worth the money.” Alex grumbled to himself, as he walked towards the Slateport Harbor, slouching, with his dull, yellow backpack lagging behind him on his back. He had his black belt with a Pokeball attached to it, which contained his Pokemon, Poliwag. His parents walked behind him, nagging him along the way, on how to be a ‘Good Student’, and how to use his class time ‘ Efficiently’. He groaned:

“ What exactly do you guys think this school will do to me? Turn me into some battling genius?” Alex looked back at his parents, confused and frustrated at the same time, but he just wanted to try one last time to change his parents’ mind.

“ No. That’s not what we think, and you know it.” His mom replied, getting a bit agitated. “ You know perfectly why you’re going. It’s that kind of attitude that gets you into situations like this.” His mom sighed. “ And besides, we want you to make some new friends. It would be nice if you brought somebody over to our house once in a while. Or maybe bring home a girl…” Dad stayed silent, listening to mom as she lectured Alex some more.

Alex shockingly glanced at his mom. “ A girl!? Are you serious?” He nodded his head. “ In case you didn’t know, girls aren’t exactly attracted to me. Not to mention, I’m not the most ‘buff’ guy out there. I’m not saying that I’m wimpy or anything, but….” Alex looked downwards, staring at the gray, cement, nearing the harbor. “ Well, we’ve arrived...”

“ Yup.” Mom replied. They entered the warehouse, where the harbor was located. They all walked through the large, metal doors, that were already opened, as if the captain was expecting them. The warehouse was large, bigger than it looked from the outside. There were metal beams attached to the ceiling for strength and support, and the white boat they were going to use to travel to the academy was large as well, more than capable of carrying the amount of people currently at the harbor. The sound of sea waves drifted in to where the boat was docked. Once they got in, they saw a large crowd of people. There were at least 300. They were kids with backpacks everywhere. Alex looked around, observing all the new students.

“ The competition looks high….” Alex murmured aloud, loud enough for his parents to hear.

“ Hey, now. This isn’t a competition. It’s school. And you better do good.” His mom replied. She looked at her watch. “ Say, we got some time before the boat leaves. How about you go and see if you can make any new friends. Just say ‘Hi!’, and introduce your self. She stared intently at Alex, who stared back, thinking she was kidding.
“ I don’t think so. I’ll just wait here with you guys, until it’s time for the boat to arrive. “ Alex stood patiently by his parents, however, he knew he was going go get a response from his mom.

“ Look, you’re going whether you like it or not.” His mom stared at him intently, giving him a signal that he would have to obey his mother one way or another. “ Now then, go.”

“..Ughhh!” Alex groaned and walked off, to see if he could find anyone that would talk to him. “ I’m just going to walk for a bit, and then come back and just say that I made a friend.” Alex smiled at this plan, and walked into the crowd of future RHPA students.

AZX612

On my own here we go
The Night Before
"Hmm, lets see here, Lava Cookies for Status Problems, Moo Moo Milk for Health, and My Laptop and Flashdrive for anything important." Adrian went over in his head, making sure he had everything he needed. "Hey Offense, you ready for this?" "Weedle!" The small bug replied with vigor. "Great, once you start to evolve, it wont be long before before you can wipe out opponents with your powerful moves that you'll learn!" Adrian said, sounding a little bit too optomistic for his own good. "Hey Mom, whats for dinner?!" Adrian yelled. "Its a surprise Adrian, you'll have to wait." His Mom responded. Half-heartedly, he sat on his bed. He was going to miss his mother's cooking, but he had to suck it up. "This school is for Cream of the Crop Trainers. No tears" He told himself. "Offense, are you Psyched or what!" Adrian said happily. "WEEDLE!!!" His Weedle responded with even more Vigor than before. "YEAH!" Adrian yelled back. If they were gonna survive, they needed to be as different as possible. The Uniforms would make it hard, and the orderly schedual would be annoying, but he would make it work. Taking one last look at himself in his Green Shirt with the Red Logo, and Blue Jean shorts. "Goodbye old unique self . . . and Hello even MORE Unique self!!!" He said before turning and running downstairs to dinner.

In Slateport
Still drying off from a failed river jump attempt on the way from Foretree to Mauville, Adrian finnally made it to Slateport City. "Wow, this place is almost as big as Lillycove, and definetly less strict." Adrian said to himself, looking at all the people in Bathing Suits and colorful Shops all around. It wasnt hard to find the Harbor, considering it was the second biggest building in the entire town and the fact that it was built mostly on water. When he went inside, he quickly noticed that there were more trainer than what would fit on a Boat, let alone a Ferry. But he assumed that they would probably be sending a bigger ship. Out of nearly 300, there was one kid who just seemed to stick out. But he didnt bother considering he'd probly have to remember like, 20 Names per class. He let Offense out of its Premier, and together, they pushed thier way to the front of the group. "First one on, first one off, first one to get it over with." He said to himself, eager and dissapointed at the same time.

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Peter sat on a bench, waving his legs anxiously as he watched the people pass by and head for the market. He had nothing to do, and yet still he had to wait hours before he could go off on his own. He was lucky he convinced his parents to let him go on this trip, though he had to give some credit to Winona. She was funding his incentives, anyway, and she had encouraged his mom and dad to agree to the idea. Either way, he was anticipating the next day to come quickly. The sea breeze rolled in, filling Peter's nose with a burning scent of freshness, like a new land awaited him far off in the distance. He heard the screeching of Wingull and the playful laughter of children headed to the beach.

Finally, he couldn't take standing still any longer and jumped up, stretching his arms into the air. He checked the time on his watch and realized he still had a long wait before the next day. He started to head to the Pokemon Center but decided he'd rather give himself a rush, noticing a pool of Sharpedo just west of him. He glared at the people around, making sure no one was watching as he crept over to the tank. He noticed a plaque attached to the glass encasement and glanced over it. "Hoenn's Most Vicious Creature," it read. Peter rolled his eyes. He liked to think of vicious as a synonym for exhilarating. And boy did he love exhilaration.

Checking to be sure no one was watching yet again, he stripped down to his swimming trunks and hopped onto the rim of the tank, dangling his feet into the Sharpedo-infested water. With a chuckle, he prepared to dive in but was stopped as a furious old man jogged towards him, waving a broom in the air. Peter laughed even more and hopped back onto the ground, grabbing his clothes in a flash and dashing off, turning down an alley for safety as he started to catch his breath. He checked the time and figured he should head to the hotel. He wiped the sweat from his face and got dressed, heading for the nearby hotel.

~

The next day, Peter woke to the sound of a knock on his door. He leaped out of bed, wiping his eyes as he opened the door, finding the lady who made rounds giving wake-up calls. She gave him a note saying Winona had called in advance, making sure that they woke him up at least three hours before his ship departed. Peter thanked her and closed the door, rolling his eyes. He grabbed some clothes from his bag and started the shower, opening his curtains to let some sun in while he let the water heat up. After a short wait, he hopped in the shower and was out about five minutes later.

He stared in the mirror and sighed. The color was fading from his hair; couldn't go out in public like that. He tip-toed to his bag, not wanting to drip water on the floor, and grabbed his neon green hair dye. He crept back into the restroom once more and began to apply the dye to multiple strands of his black hair. Once he finished, he smiled in content at a job well done and brushed his hair done. Flipping it around to give it a more natural look, he got dressed in a hurry and packed all of his belongings. He slipped his shoes on, not bothering to tie them, and heading out of the room.

Locking the door behind him, he walked down the hall to the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby. He stood there waiting and jumped in when it finally arrived. When he exited the elevator, he tossed his room key on the desk and ran outside, heading for the warehouse. He showed the man his ticket and entered the harbor, staring in awe at all the people there. Were all these people going to the same place he was going? He searched around for anyone he might know, but to no avail. He knew for a fact he wouldn't be alone at the school, though. A good friend of his from Fortree was going to be attending the academy as well. She probably just wasn't here yet. He hoped he didn't have to stand there too long, though. He was getting impatient.

treespyro

Vintage much?
The Night Before

"Look sis, you'll be fine just work hard and meet new friends not hard isn't" said a masculine voice "Plus have fun, you know just chill being my sis you'll be quite popular I think, if my reputation precedes me but look you're friendly enough and stop being so stressed out". The girl replied back "I don't know, it is a new environment but I guess you are right, I'll be fine, bye" with the male quickly replying "Trust me you'll be fine, bye Abby" as he hung over over the phone.

"Hmmm now the packing begins" Abby sighed. Abby McGuire, she is a simple 16 year old girl with medium length Bright copper red hair, dark grey blue eyes, medium-average height with some curves and a chest that is big for her age. She liked her style with her clothes but found it hard to pack. "So this is going to be really tough" she thought to herself while looking at a lot of clothes "I don't want to pack all of them but I don't know which ones to pack" she let out a little sigh. She started to sort out clothes and also to throw them around just to find what to wear and that took a lot of time as she packed not only clothes but accessories that she really wanted.

After a long a few solid hours, Abby was finally done. "Now what to wear for tomorrow" she thought as she picked out the clothes that she didn't pack to wear for tomorrow until she heard someone call out. "Abby, go to sleep you have a busy day tomorrow" yelled out her mother as Abby shouted back "But mum, we live a couple minutes walk for the harbour" as she looked at more clothes. "Abby, you got to beat the rush, trust me just finish up quickly and goodnight" she yelled back as Abby sighed knowing that she couldn't argue, so she picked her outfit and went to sleep.

The Mourning of the Day.

After Abby woke up and had breakfast, she ran back into her room. "Alright now this is what I am going to wear" she said picking out the outfit that she changed into which was a dark blue blouse with a black skirt. "I look hot" she thought as she checked herself out in the mirror. She put on her dark blue headband and her flats and took her Pokemon along with her luggage. She ran downstairs, "Bye mum, bye dad" she quickly exclaimed as she kissed both of them on the cheek and ran out to the harbour.

At the harbour, being of a Slateport native it was easy for Abby to get around. "Well it looks like nobody is here oh wait" she said as she turned around the corner "Wow it is really packed" as she tried to move around "Excuse me, sorry" she kept on saying trying to get through the crowd. She accidentally bumped into into a few males would did a little wolf calls, well one did. She ran into another guy and gave up trying to move around, "Sorry, I'm from here and this is busiest I've seen Slateport" she thought as she look towards the male who medium short black hair and was wearing a black T-shirt with Light Brown Denim-like material pants and that she bumped into. "Oh sorry about that, I'm from here and even I can't get through, I'm Abby by the way" she said with her medium length bright copper red hair and dark grey blue eyes as well with a smile.

The Night Prior. Slateport Seaside Resort
"Yes." The curly haired Teenager sighed, having a disgruntled conversation over the Phone. "Yes Mom, I will." He rolled his eyes, "I love you too Mom. I'll write as soon as I get there. Bye." Elias Kronenberg quickly clasped his phone shut, ending the Conversation he was having with his Parents. There was no doubt that he loved his Mom and Dad, they were Eli's only real family without Brothers or Sisters. Yet, they certainly could be Overbearing. Eli had requested that they both let him stay the night in this Hotel alone, they complied, but only after gratuitous arguing.

"Nido!" The Poison Point Pokemon was standing upon the Room's bed, eager to play with his Master. Eli climbed onto the Luxury room's sofa of rest. This is what the Slobs out on the streets missed out on. Cultured Luxury. Perhaps if they worked a bit harder or a bit Longer they could taste the fruits of wealth as well.

"Well Gloriosus," Eli told his Pokemon, "Tomorrow we start our Adventure. Literally one of a lifetime. This is it. Our lives are about to change forever." Gloriousus smiled in glee at the idea of a new challenge. "I just wish you'd hurry up and evolve! I can't wait to have a vicous Nidoking on my side!" Eli laughed, the Nidoran cracked a buck-toothed smirk.

"Anyway, it would seem my Parents gave me something, a gift of sorts." Eli lurched over to the side of the bed, picking up a small wrapped box. His present.
"To our son, Elias." The tag read, and after it had been read, the young patrician began to shred open the Crate. Inside was a bananza of items. Two Max Potions, Two Full Heals, One Full Resroe, and a Luxury Ball. Eli smiled. To a starting trainer, these were Items fit for a King.

Getting up off the Bed, Eli walked over to his backpack, Chok full of Supplies, and placed the Potions in a side Pocket.
"Who's the Greatest?" Eli asked his Pokemon,
"Nidoran!" Gloriosus answered, obviously not meaning himself, but adressing his master with a nod in Eli's direction.
"Of course." Elias gloated.

The Fifteen year old also checked his other Items in the backpack, namely his Laptop, and the Cell Phone, currently located in his own pocket. With this search out of the way, Eli zipped his backpack up, and placed it near is Suitcase containing the Clothes.

"Alright, Gliosus. What do you say we grab some dinner?" The Nidoran seemed to fantasize the thought. An Obvious yes, and so, Eli got on the Phone once more, this time with the Hotel Lobby.
"Yes, I'd like to make a Room Service order. One Fliet Mingon for room 1016 please...."
----------------------------------------------
The Morning. Slateport's Harbor.

After checking out of the Hotel, and with Gloriosus hitching a ride on his Backpack, Eli made his way out of the Resort and into the City. Wearing his Sports Jacket, Dress Pants, and Cocktail Party Shoes to show off his class. Thank goodness it wasn't night, or else he would have been a prime Mugging Target.

The Harbor wasn't a very long walk at all, about five Blocks down from the Hotel, straddling Slateport's Craggy east Beach the entire way. Eli kept calm on the outside, yet inside he was incredibly exicted. This was it, the moment he had been waiting for. He was finally leaving Public School, and finally going into a Private Institution. More importantly an institution made for crafting one into the best Trainer possible. This was it. This was his Ideal dream.

Eli began to envision what his Classmates would look like. He concluded that the others must be Cultured, Upper-Class, Gentlemen and Ladies. The kinds of people who were of Intellect and of similar ideals he was. Eli entered the Harbor, thinking the best and...

Wait a moment.

These are not the Cultured Gentlemen and Women Eli was envisioning.

These people looked only slightly better than the People Eli had gone to Public School with. The Rich Boy gritted his teeth in frustration. Sure there were a few in the Crowd Eli could pick out as being like hismelf. But overall this was not the kind of group he had hoped to see.

Seeing his Master's Frustration, Gloriosus peeked his Head over Elias's Shoulder.
"Nido?" He asked.
"This is not what I wanted when I imagined Private School. I can't tell whether this will make this whole situation a little worse, or a lot Worse." Eli groaned. "Well, no matter. I will still be the best battler of this Bunch. Gloriosus, come on, lets practice your attacks." Eli commanded, and witht that, they went to a slightly less crowded Portion of the Harbor, and began to practice moves...

SPBro

Insert Title Here.
--------------------------(Night before school, on a boat.)----------------------------
"Gee wiz Zero, I didn't think they where serious. They even got my a boat. They really want me out of the house, eh?" Ven said too the Minum sitting beside him. Zero the Minum wasn't really the type of person to stay in a pokeball, as he loved the view of things, TV or outside.

"I wonder what Mom packed me.." Ven said as he grabbed the backpack they had given him. He looked inside, only too find two short sleeve shirts, two long sleeve shirts, three really baggy jeans, a second belt, socks, boxers, some money, and then of course, the long sleeve shirt, baggy jeans, belt, his necklace, and all that good stuff he was already wearing.
"Wow, thanks Mom. This sure will last me a week." Ven said to himself as he took out the money and counted how much there was, a little disappointed he had too work with the money he was given.

"We're here~" Said the boat drive.

Ven stepped out, backpack on his back, and Zero holding on too his shoulder. There was a nice, cool breeze that hit his face as he stepped onto the soft sand, which he sluggishly made his way though. His parents already ordered him a hotel room for one night too stay in.

He looked at the little paper with the location of the hotel, then looked back up at the tall building.
"So this is it, well I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to head in a take a nap till it's tomorrow."

Sadly like always, things change. When he entered the room, he noticed even though it was a very bad room, tiny and cramped with a little bed, there was a giant plasma TV on the wall. So instead of going to bed like planned, he watched TV till he fell asleep.

--------------------------------(The next morning...)-------------------------------
*Beep* *Beep*
The alarm clock next to the bed started to go off, continuing over and over. The minum, laying on the bed next to Ven woke up. It, acting like a human, walked over too the bathroom, jumped on the counter with a sink on it, splashed some water on it's face, walked back into the main room and turned on the TV.

It then looked back at the time on the clock, noticing it had printed on it -8:00PM-
At first, the little minum turned back too the TV, then turned back too the clock in shock. He always had to play the role of the Mom, getting Ven asleep and awake on time. He ran over to Ven, jumped on his bed, then started to jump on him waking him up.

"What, what do you want? I swear if the building isn't on fire.." Ven said as he turned, the minum showing him the clock.

"Zero, it's 8:00PM! What are we do sitting around?!" Ven said as he frantically put on his clothing, grabbed his stuff, and ran out the room, and then out of the hotel.

Ven ran around the city, trying to find the harbor. He was looking in all the wrong places, but found it just in time. Just in time to see the all the kids with there parents, clogging up the building.

"Well, looks like we made it just in time Zero." Ven told the minum sitting on his shoulder.
"Mi minum." Minum made a noise at Ven, trying to get him to talk to someone else. Make some friends.
"What, you want me to talk to some kids around here? Well I guess I could attempt, Hmm.." Ven said thinking about it. He has never had friend like interaction ever since he was a kid, and the only way he could think of making friends is by using some of his useless knowledge of TV.

Minum started nudging on him, trying to get him to hurry
"Fine fine, I'll find a few friends or something, but it's been so long.." He said to himself, as he looked down, then looked back up at the crowds of people, and started walking though. He found a random pair of kids, a boy and a girl talking too eachother, although it look liked the girl was doing all the talking. He started to walk towards them, and gave a "Hey there you two" as he put his arms around there shoulders, more or less wraping his arms around there necks, acting like hes know em all his life.

"Sorry to scare you, but I need to make some friends, or so Zero thinks over here." He let go as they turned around to face them. He continued on, ignoring whatever expressions they had and not letting them make a remark
"Oh, I still need to introduce myself, I'm Ventori, but please just call me Ven for short, Ventori is just so, girl sounding. Anyways, sitting on my shoulder is my Pokemon Minum, but I just call him Zero. So, don't be rude, whats your names?"
He most likely shouldn't waltz up to strangers and act like buddys, grabbing them and whatnot.

Last edited:

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Alex looked around the big crowd. "Hey! Move it!" Some kid, same height, black hair, bumped into him. Alex grumbled, as he looked back, trying to glance at who it was. While his head was turned the other way, he bumped into another person. " Sorry." He said, as shurgged the bump off. He looked at who he bumped into. It was a girl, who looked about his age. She had

" Sorry, I'm from here and this is the busiest I've seen in Slateport." Alex just looked at her. He seized up not knowing what to say, and what seemed like a split second, she said something else as well. " Oh, sorry about, I'm from here, and even I can't get through, I'm Abby by the way." Alex just listened to what she said. He looked away, to make it look like he wasn't paying attention or didn't hear her. He then looked up, and realized that he looked stupid just standing there not answerin. But he really didn't know what to say.

" Hey, I'm Alex." He just simply said. He tried to think of a conversation starter. Suddenly a kid, couple years younger than him and Abby, wrapped his arms around them.

"Sorry to scare you, but I need to make some friends, or so Zero thinks over here." He let go as they turned around to face them. He continued on, ignoring whatever expressions they had and not letting them make a remark
"Oh, I still need to introduce myself, I'm Ventori, but please just call me Ven for short, Ventori is just so, girl sounding. Anyways, sitting on my shoulder is my Pokemon Minum, but I just call him Zero. So, don't be rude, whats your names?"

" Ummm..." Alex looked at Abby, waiting for her to say something about this awkward situation.

Last edited:

AZX612

On my own here we go
Adrian and Offense, still pushing their way to the front, were starting to get annoyed. Which felt strange for Adrian, he was normally on the other end of the whole annoyence concept. The crowd was getting thicker, so thick, that not even Offense, as small as he was, could fit easily. They smelled salt water, so they knew that they were getting close. When they finnally did get to the front, they were immediatly squished against the saftey rail. "Oof. Thats not gonna do any good for my stomach." Adrian said in a very tight, dry, airless voice. They quickly shimmied their way to the spot where the ship would be loading. There was no rail, but enough room for them to stand with ease without falling into the water. He put his backpack on the ground. His shoulders were killing him. Slateport was a long way from Lillycove. He intended to stay where he was, in front of the crowd, and attracting alot of attention. (Heads up, Im just gonna use NPC's for this next part) "Your gonna fall genius." A random person yelled. "Bell-y-Flop! Bell-y-Flop!" another one chanted. "Quit harrassing the guy, your no different than him, we're all going to the same school." Another voice said. "Jeez, pu-SHY" Adrian said to himself. "Whens the ship gonna be here anyway?!"

OOC: Real quick question, will we be able to buy TM's later on?

Zalck

Back Again...
Night Before:
Ken sat on his bed, looking at his small case. He only had two sets of clothes, cause that's all he needed in his small town. Wear one, wash one. He hoped it would work out at the academy. Drana was sliding back and forth, in either anxiety or in boredom. Ken's Caretaker wasn't even there to tell him good bye. He had to go on a trip with the rest of the town to find 'Mirage Island." Ken didn't think it existed. He got up, and left his room. He got to the dinner table, and saw a.. What was it? Some kind of tablet device. He flipped it on, and looked, a note was written on the front.
Dear Ken,
Sorry I couldn't be there to send you off. I know you'll do fine, your a great kid. Drana and you seem to be born for each other, try to gather off of that. You'll do great. Meet new friends, and PLEASE try to stay on time and focused. I don't need you failing any classes.
This Tablet if for you. Take it with you, and USE IT WISELY! I shouldn't have to tell you, but I did anyways.
Again, I promise that we will see each other later.
A drop of water hit the screen. No, that was a tear. Ken had tears streaming from his eyes as he read the words. His Grandpa had saved up all his earnings since he found Ken, and he still manages to give him gifts. Ken packaged the Tablet, and placed it in his bag, wrapped in his clothes. He zipped up the backpack, and placed it on his back.

"Let's go Drana. We're surfing to Slateport tonight, so we're not late." Ken said, starting to leave. The little Dratini happily followed Ken, and even jumped in the water before Ken could shut the door. Ken jumped on its back, and they began to surf.

The Next Morning
Ken had slept in a little tent by the market, enjoying the fresh sent of the morning. He woke with a start, however, as he realized he must be late. He quickly cleaned up his tent, and returned it to the guy whom he rented it from. He rushed to the Harbor, hoping he wasn't too late. He rushed to the harbor, and quickly opened the door, to find many other kids there already. He felt a little young, but most the kids weren't too much older than him. He quietly pushed his way to a group of three towards the front. A girl, younger than he was, and two guys. The boat hadn't even arrived yet. He approached the group, quietly, as it appeared to be an awkward moment between them. He did catch that the Guy with the Minum's name was Ven, and his Minum's name was Zero. He made eye contact with Ven, and was too afraid to not say something. He opened his mouth saying what first came to his mind.
"Man, I love how blue the water is here.'
Well, that sure wasn't smart... He thought to himself. Quick! Cover for yourself
"Sorry, I'm Ken. Well, Kenneth, but that's too long for me. The reason I said that thing about the water was that I just surfed all the way here, and I love water, being from Pacifidlog Town, and..." He then realised he was rambling. "Um, Sorry. Anyone up for a battle? That's why we're going to the academy, right? I just want to see what pokemon everyone has, and how strong they are. Me and Drana haven't battled anyone before, but we hold well against the wild pokemon we see. I just am nervous I guess, and the water is so blue and..." Just shut up. you've blown it, man. "I'm just going to shut up now, and quit Rambling."

treespyro

Vintage much?
The guy did look shy around, Abby. "He must be shy" she thought as she got a little nudge from behind "So crowded" she yelled in her mind while looking at the male to respond. "Hey, I'm Alex." He just simply said as Abby smiled "Nice to meet you, so where do you come from?" she asked until she felt an arm around her shoulder. "Hey there you two" a male voice came out from behind both Abby and Alex as they looked at each other wondering what was happening.

"Sorry to scare you, but I need to make some friends, or so Zero thinks over here." he said gesturing to his Minum who was on his shoulders. "Oh, I still need to introduce myself, I'm Ventori, but please just call me Ven for short, Ventori is just so, girl sounding. Anyways, sitting on my shoulder is my Pokemon Minum, but I just call him Zero. So, don't be rude, whats your names?" he introduced himself as Abby spoke up first well Alex could muster an "Ummm". "I'm Abby, Abby McGuire and next time just talk to us instead of you know scaring us" she said with a smile on her face.

"This is Alex and your Minum is so cute" she remarked looking at his Minum, "Oh since I guess we all met each other, I hope we can be good friends considering we wouldn't know anyone from school" she happily exclaimed "If you want". She flicked some of her light red hair away from her dark grey blue eyes as she wondered if they actually took notice of her looks.

Suddenly she heard another male voice, "Man, I love how blue the water is here." as Abby shot a very confused look. "Sorry, I'm Ken. Well, Kenneth, but that's too long for me. The reason I said that thing about the water was that I just surfed all the way here, and I love water, being from Pacifidlog Town, and..." he started to talk and then continued Um, Sorry. Anyone up for a battle? That's why we're going to the academy, right? I just want to see what pokemon everyone has, and how strong they are. Me and Drana haven't battled anyone before, but we hold well against the wild pokemon we see. I just am nervous I guess, and the water is so blue and..." and then continued "I'm just going to shut up now, and quit Rambling." as he backed away from them. "Umm hello" Abby said looking at both Ven and Alex, "I'm sorry I don't really want to battle, I'm Abby by the way" she introduced herself while holding her hips and making herself seem prettier for the guys.

Eli crouched on the ground to be level with his Partner and ally. Gloriosus was still busy showing off his moves, leaping forward and stabbing with his two teeth for peck, turning around swiftly and launching his back legs into the air for a powerful Double Kick. Of course, Gloriosus did have one other move, but both the Pokemon and Eli knew that it was only to be used in dire Circustances. That move would be the mighty Head smash, and its recoil would be nearly suicidal to such a small Pokemon like Nidoran.

"Look at these people." Eli said to Gloriosus, "When I was told I would be going to this school, I thought I would be going to the School with the best of the best." The young man began to shake his head, "And this group does not look like the Cream of the Crop." Gloriosus began to look around at those other Pokemon he could see from the ground. Upon studing them, the Poison Point came to a decision.

"Nidoran." Gloriousus Nodded in agreement.
"Yeah." Eli rolled his eyes as he stood back up, Gloriosus once more leaped onto his Backpack. "In fact," Eli continued, "I bet I could beat any one of these Schmucks in Battle given the ch-" A sudden realization dawned on Eli as his Face began to gain a twisted Smile. "In fact that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Up for a fight Gloriosus?"
"Nidoran! Nido!" The Pokemon seemed very enthusiastic about this idea.

So Eli took in a deep Breath, and readied once more to show off his Iron Lungs. Public Speaking, or Public Gloating, was what he was born to do.

"ALRIGHT YOU PEOPLE!" Eli yelled, he began to push his way into the Middle of the Crowd, and of course, gather some attention. "We're all bored sick of just waiting for this Cursed Boat to come right?" The young Patrician continued, there were some Grunts of yes among the crowd.
"SO!" Eli boomed, "Let's spice things up a notch. I'm Elias Kronenberg, the greatest, period. I think I could take any one of you People, and win. Why? Bercause I'm great and I know it. With that said," Eli gave a small snicker, "Which one of you guys wants to try and Prove me wrong First?"

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Serra Layo
Night before School – Pokemon Center

“Daddy, I’m so excited about tomorrow.” Serra exclaimed, bouncing up and down in a chair. Her father chuckled and said, “Now now Serra, settle down before you break the chair. We don’t need to pay any damage for broken chairs.”

“You’re no fun daddy!” Serra pouted, but stopped fidgeting and looked down at her backpack she would be carrying with her. It was already packed with her clothes and necessary hygiene products, but it also had several grooming products that she applied to her vulpix who she called Lira. She just couldn’t sleep at all and grabbed her pokeball and released Lira from her pokeball. Lira looked around before giving a confused “Vul?” at Serra before sitting down on her hind legs and stared up Serra.

Serra giggled and said, “It’s time for your grooming session Lira.” At this, Lira let out a happy bark and jumped onto her lap before making herself comfortable. Serra giggled and said, “You silly Lira. How can I groom you without my brush?” She looked over at her dad and asked sweetly, “Daddy, could you bring my grooming kit? Pretty please with a chimecho on top?”

Her dad smiled and fished out the grooming kit from her backpack and handed it to her and she fished out a brush and began brushing Lira’s short, but soft fur, causing her to let out a soft “Vul” and relaxed even more. Serra hummed softly to herself as she brushed her vulpix who had dozed off by now from the brushing. She always fell asleep whenever she was being groomed, but that just made things easier to do for Serra. Serra finished up brushing and put it away in the kit and brought out a small ointment that added shine to the fur and applied it on her fur, rubbing it in gently. When she had finished, she put the bottle back in the kit and closed it up and returned Lira to her pokeball.

Serra let out a yawn and said, “I think I’m going to sleep now daddy now.” She went to bed and snuggled in it and quickly fell asleep. Her father quietly turned off the light and went to bed also in the bunk next to her.

Next Morning

Serra woke up to her father gently shaking her. She yawned widely and sat up in bed, stretching before she stumbled into the bathroom and did her routine. She was ready to go in fifteen minutes and was shocked when she saw that it was just past 7:30 a.m. She pouted at her father when he just grinned and said, “You know that you probably will have to get up early as trainers like me had to get up at six in the morning. We always make the most of daylight when we have it. Now let’s go get some breakfast.”

He led her to the cafeteria and ordered some breakfast for her and some pokefood for her vulpix. They ate breakfast quietly and soon left the pokemon center with Serra carrying Lira in her arms. Lira was looking at the wingulls that were flying overhead as they were walking towards the warehouse, being entertained by them. Serra looked down at her and giggled and saw the warehouse coming into view. What surprised her was that there was a massive group standing in the warehouse and outside the warehouse. She gulped nervously and started shaking slightly which her vulpix noticed and let out a soft “Vul?” looking into her eyes. Her dad noticed and said, “Don’t worry about the group Serra. I’ve heard that the RA does not turn down anyone who applies to the school. They only kick out those who do not show progress in the academy.”

Serra nodded slightly and relaxed enough so that she wasn’t shaking anymore. She turned and looked at her father who gave her a hug before setting down her backpack and said, “I wish I could stay here until you had left on the boat, but I have to get back home before lunch time. A student is coming after lunch so be safe Serra. Also, do not forget your backpack, I have put in it a full restore, a full heal, and a luxury ball. Use the luxury ball if you find a pokemon that you really like.” He gave her another hug before he called out a salamance and took off into the sky, heading back to Verdanturf Town.

She waved to her disappearing father before setting Lira down and slung her backpack onto her shoulders and walked into the warehouse. She didn’t know who to talk to so she decided to stand near the end of the harbor, viewing the sea that spanned outwards from the harbor. Her vulpix sat behind her, nervous about the water being this close, but just as mesmerized as Serra was from the view that they both were seeing. She heard a shout back and turned and saw a guy dressed in rich clothes, shouting out something about battles. She didn't feel like challenging him as he seemed to be a bit snobbish like most of the rich kids. Unfortunately, she was another one of those rich kids, but she didn't flaunt her status.

Last edited:
The hazey dockside was crowded with students as an early mornin mist rolled in, Bo had been sitting on a bench at the far side of the harbour patiently waiting for the ferry to arrive, a stout eevee was running frantically between her ankles yapping with excitement and occasionally leaping up to smother her face with its warm tongue. 'Calm down Vee.' She chuckled as the eevee began chasing its tail before falling in a confused heap on the floor and panting heavily.

She couldn't wait to get back to the academy, battling- there was nothing like it, the rush of adrenaline, the heat of the moment, the turning point in a game, it was the be all and end all- and Bo was confident this would be the year she would get the prestiged blue badge and Vee would finally evolve. "ALRIGHT YOU PEOPLE!" A tall young man yelled "We're all bored sick of just waiting for this Cursed Boat to come right?" The young Patrician continued, there were some Grunts of yes among the crowd.
"SO!" The boy boomed "Let's spice things up a notch. I'm Elias Kronenberg, the greatest, I think I could take any one of you People, and win. Why? Bercause I'm great and I know it. With that said," he gave a small snicker, "Which one of you guys wants to try and Prove me wrong First?"
'Pffft' Bo scoffed at the boys arrogance, chances are he was a good enough battler attending the academy but that was a high challenge to put out in a place so full of prestigious trainers, and she had no intention of flaunting her battling skills infront of the crowd.

BlueMage

~Night - Slateport Resort~

The moon shone a beautiful light on the waters near Slateport, as Klein and his faithful companion Palme admired them from up in their hotel room, which had a fantastic view of the sea. His parents had rented him one of the ritziest rooms in the entire hotel, and scattered around the room were scattered various plates still containing residue of various expensive foods. Klein and Palme were both big eaters, after all.

"Boy, they sure do treat you like a king here, huh?" Klein asked Palme as he groomed the hair on his head with a special brush, given to him by his parents along with other grooming tools before he departed.

"Aipom!" Palme replied excitedly, rubbing his stuffed belly.

After finishing, Klein picked up an activity book stored inside the night table, and began glancing over it. All sorts of fun activities and areas were showcased, including a tennis court, an enormous pool right next to the beach, a game room, and even an aquarium filled with exotic Water-type Pokemon.

"Sigh... It's such a shame our stay here will only last one night. There are so many amazing things here I would've liked to see. But all is well, as I'm sure the academy will be even better..."

Klein put aside the activity book and took out the academy's manual, glancing over it in the same fashion. His eyes grew wider every time he turned the pages.

"We will probably make several new friends there. And there is a rather high chance that I will catch new Pokemon too. Everything is rather scary to me, but I am sure it will all work out."

Klein got up from bed, looking over his suitcase to make sure brought everything he needed. His cellphone, laptop,Pokeballs, items, and of course his trusty sketchbook. But, deep inside a pocket, he found something he did not remember packing. It was a Love Ball, with a not reading "Love, Mom" attached to it. With this new encouragement, Klein became even more excited and determined, and quickly rushed to bed, wanting to get good night's sleep for his first day of school. Palme quickly tucked right next to him.

~Morning - Slateport Harbor~

As Klein left the hotel, he was a bit sidetracked by all the new things he saw out at Slateport's streets, mainly the big bazaar. As a result, he arrived a little later than most people, but still with plenty of time to spare before the boat arrived. As he walked into the harbor, he was quite surprised to see how different most of his fellow alumni seemed. All were dressed quite casually and he was garbed in his usual, rich boy clothes. This didn't damper his confidence in any way, however, as he walked in quite proudly with Palme vigilantely perched on his shoulder.

Palme was quite excited to see all of the Pokemon with their trainers, urging Klein to go talk to some of the students so he could meet their Pokemon. "Not now, Palme. I would like to observe first before I do something that I might regret." He began walking around, browsing the area and paying close attention to the people around him, before settling in a nice corner, not too far from everyone else, and enjoy the scenery.

Palme jumped off his shoulders, a bit annoyed that Klein wasn't talking to anyone, but still stayed near him. In the meantime, Klein picked out the Poke Ball his mother had given him from his pocket. "Love Ball, huh? Wonder what kind of Pokemon I shall end up using this on..."

"Pom!" Palme was quite excited with the idea of Klein catching a new Pokemon. Although he enjoyed being coddled and spoiled by his master, he had always entertained the idea of Klein catching someone else he could befriend.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Taylor Thompson
The Night Before, Mt. Pyre

Taylor took a deep breath, taking in the serenity of the fog around her. There was only one place in all of Hoenn whose fog never vanished from the air, and that was Mt. Pyre. It was quiet at the peak of the mountain; those who had taken vows of silence walked in melancholy along the lower levels, and those that could speak dared not to, for fear of be quieted by resting souls. Though there was fog, there was no wind, and everything stood in a standstill, as though the entire mountain were only a painting, a photograph. For some, the setting was eerie; for Taylor, however, it was heaven.

She took a seat on the lush grass of the mountain and laid down, gazing at the grey sky above her. It was always grey, but Taylor preferred it like that; not to bright and not to dark. A strange feeling like being rubbed with a cloth fell against her right arm, and she smiled knowingly.

“I know, I know,” she answered the feeling, “We should be heading to Lilycove.” She closed her eyes and sighed, “But, c’mon, Geist… this is gonna be the last time we’ll be here for a while. Don’t you want to savor the moment?”

The Shuppet floated in front of her face and began poking her in the stomach with its head. Taylor laughed, pulling herself up from the ground.

“Okay, okay!” She exclaimed, “That answers that question.” She paused, then added with a chuckle, “Man… my parent’s would kill me if they knew I had come up here again. You know, instead of going directly to Lilycove. But that’s what they get for pushing us out the door like that!”

She stood up and stretched, gazing into the horizon beyond. Then, struck by the thought, she kneeled down and began rummaging through her bags, already packed and ready to go. Smiling as her fingers touched what she was looking for, she pulled out a Dusk Ball and a strange piece of paper colored by strange symbols and tied to a piece of thin string.

“At least they gave us something before they kicked us out.” She said, “I dunno what I’ll use the Dusk Ball on… but at least you’ll have some use for this Spell Tag, right?”

“Shup!” The Shuppet smiled and nodded politely. Taylor threw the items back in her bags. Picking up all her belongings, she threw them onto her shoulders.

“Well, we’ve got to get going.” She said, “My parents’ll freak if they find out I didn’t check out of the hotel in time!” She paused, then shouted into the air, “LATER, GUYS!” Hopefully, the ghosts had heard her. With a large grin, she scurried down the mountain, Geist following behind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Later the next morning…

After throwing on a fresh batch of clothes and taking a lightning-fast shower, Taylor was up and ready to go. As she tossed her room key on the hotel’s shiny counter, she felt a hint of guilt. After all, she had barely stayed a few hours in the place – most of which she was asleep during – but, hey, that’s what hotel’s were for, right? Checked out of the place and ready to go, she raced out the doors of the hotel, Geist following, as usual, through the shadows.

Slateport was a bustling city; practically everyone was headed for the marketplace to haggle on some great deals. Taylor could barely make her way through the sea of people, resorting to plowing through her bags and called out “Excuse me. Sorry!” about every five seconds. By the time she reached the harbor, her hair had sprung in every direction possible, and her clothes were no different. Geist appeared from out of the shadows, giggling at her misfortune in the casual Ghost-type manner.

“You… are so… dead.” She growled as she handed her ticket to a confused ticket-er and walked inside. The place was crowded with kids of all ages, all going to the same school. Dozens, hundreds… she couldn’t begin to count how many people were inside.

Smoothing down her hair, she made her way through the crowd, looking for a friend from Fortree, Peter Stone. Peter was an adrenaline junkie, and so it was surprising when she found him standing among the students in a relatively calm manner.

“HEY! Long time no see!” She exclaimed, running up to Peter with her bags clinking behind her. Geist appeared out of the shadows and took a seat on her shoulder. “What’s up?” Before he could answer the question, she added, “Can you believe that we’re actually going to the same school? This is gonna be AWESOME! I can’t wait to get into some real battling!”

As if on cue, a kid from the crowd stood up and shouted, "ALRIGHT YOU PEOPLE! We're all bored sick of just waiting for this Cursed Boat to come right? SO! Let's spice things up a notch. I'm Elias Kronenberg, the greatest, period. I think I could take any one of you People, and win. Why? Because I'm great and I know it. With that said… Which one of you guys wants to try and Prove me wrong First?"

“I’ll take that challenge!” Taylor shouted back, causing a look of pure horror to appear on Geist’s face. Several people in the crowd gave her curious looks, trying to sum her up and see if she was any good. She let her bags fall to the ground beside Peter and ran over to the challenger. Even if he did sound like a know-it-all, the kid was dressed for success.

The crowd parted some, allowing a makeshift battlefield to be made. “Alright, Geist, you’re up!” Taylor cheered, and the ghost reluctantly took its place on the battlefield, bowing politely to his opponents.

SPBro

Insert Title Here.
(OOC: Giggity, I swear you were still pending. I saw you edited your post, but you still need the ok from Jeq)
"It seems my new friends are a little, well scared by my suprise attack of friendship. I should try to lighten up.." Ven thought to himself

Then all of a sudden, another kid comes up and starts rambling on, being pretty shy and mixed up.
Ven was about to comment on this when Abby said her name first, giving a little pose to try and show herself off, and Ven noticed.
"I see what type of personality she has. I can't recall where I've seen this on TV before, but I'm willing to put money she is the type of character who likes to get attention.." Ven thought to himself, crossing his arms and putting his head down in thought. "I'll mess with her for a bit, and act like I don't even notice. That should ensue some hilarity." He continued thinking, then finally saying
"Well anyways, I'm Ventori, but just call me Ven." He continued while putting his hand on Alexs shoulder and saying "And this is my good friend Alex. He's pretty nervious himself, but I think we can cure em of that."

He was about to continue, when some kid from the crowd stood up and shouted, "ALRIGHT YOU PEOPLE! We're all bored sick of just waiting for this Cursed Boat to come right? SO! Let's spice things up a notch. I'm Elias Kronenberg, the greatest, period. I think I could take any one of you People, and win. Why? Because I'm great and I know it. With that said… Which one of you guys wants to try and Prove me wrong First?"

"Hey, Alex, you should take him on! He will probley turn out to be your rival, I mean look at how he acts" Commented Ven, pushing Alex along. They four of them made it too the kid who was standing up, and where about to respond when out of nowhere, a kid responed with “I’ll take that challenge!”

"Shoot, we're too late" Ven told the three. He thought a bit, then yelled at the kid standing "Hey kid, after you fight this guy, fight my friend Alex. I'm sure you two can become best rivals forever or something. Yeah, that works."

Oh Ven and your TV Cliche's.

Last edited:

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Soem kid came up to Ven, Alex, and Abby. He claimed his name was Ken or something, but to Alex he seemed like those annoying types that like to follow you around. He offered a battle, but Abby spoke up for them.

"Umm hello" Abby said looking at both Ven and Alex, "I'm sorry I don't really want to battle, I'm Abby by the way" she introduced herself while holding her hips and making herself seem prettier for the guys. Alex blushed at this, and just stared, as it was kind of the typical male response.

Abby basically answered for them. Ven didn't exactly seem to keen on battling him and neither did Alex. And besides, he knew it would be bad news to battle a dragon type at his level.

"ALRIGHT YOU PEOPLE! We're all bored sick of just waiting for this Cursed Boat to come right? SO! Let's spice things up a notch. I'm Elias Kronenberg, the greatest, period. I think I could take any one of you People, and win. Why? Because I'm great and I know it. With that said… Which one of you guys wants to try and Prove me wrong First?" Another kid spoke up wanting a challenge. Alex wondered when a battle would break out.

"Hey, Alex, you should take him on! He will probably turn out to be your rival, I mean look at how he acts" Commented Ven, pushing Alex along. The four of them made it to the kid who was standing up.

" Hey, Ven, or whatever your name is, you-" He pushed Alex along wanting him to battle. Damn, how did I get into this?

He looked back at Ven, then at Abby. " Aww, C'mon..." He frowned abit, nervous at the same time. Then, another girl rose to the other kid's challenge. Ven stopped, same with Alex. Phew...

Ven then yelled out saying that Alex would battle him. Alex looked around in embarrasment. He waited to see if the other kid with the Nidoran would accept...

People seemed to rise to the Occasion from all corners. People talked amongst themselves, seeing if they throught they were ready for the challenge. Obviously, Eli just knew he emmited the exuberance of a winner, and obviously these other people could sense that too.

Yet finally, the Voice of a Girl shouted a reply at him,
“I’ll take that challenge!” She stepped out from crowd to a position directly in front of Eli. She was thin, very thin, in fact Eli looked at his own wrist for a moment just to confirm that somebody actually was more thin than himself. Her Dirty Blonde hair and Neon Streak went hand in hand with the Carefree grin on her face. It was that Smile that confused Eli the most, was it a smile of simple joy or a smile of Micheviousness? Either way, point is, she was good looking.

Eli readied his Pokeball, when, yet another challenger stepped up to plate! This one seemed more Casual than the Girl, and seemed like he would be less of a challenge. Not only that, but the guy didn't even look like he wanted to fight, being Pushed into the Battle by his friend.

"Hey kid, after you fight this guy, fight my friend Alex. I'm sure you two can become best rivals forever or something. Yeah, that works." The second Challenger's ally spoke. Best Rivals? Really? It didn't matter though, as Eli would happily Accept.

"Look the name isn't kid, it's Elias, secondly" The young Patrician continued, "I will happily fight Alex here once I finish with this Lady. For now, just enjoy the show."

Elias turned back to his Female Opponent, and a look of horror became evident on his face for a second as she Cherrily said,
“Alright, Geist, you’re up!”
"A Ghost Type." Eli fumed in his mind, "Gloriosus's best move is Double Kick and I have to face a Ghost type. Well, it looks like I'm going to have to Peck at this situation until it breaks."
"Gloriosus, let's show the Miss here why we mean Buisness!" Eli proudly shouted, The Nidoran hopped into the Stage of Battle. "Use Peck!"

While the notion of Pecking the foe doesn't sound very frightening to most, Gloriosus had a mean front pair of teeth. The slow Puppet Pokemon would never be able to dodge this Attack...

Right?

Wrong. As Eli gave a Confused look when Gloriosus simply seemed to Phase right through his Foe. His foe just laughed gleefully as the Physical Attack did, well, no damage at all.
"WHAT?" Eli angrilly shouted, was this a trick?
"Geist is a master a Phasing. So you're going to have to do more than Pecking to beat him!" The girl mocked, "Now Geist, lets do some actual damage, send out a Will-o-Wisp!"

Eli was totally shocked by this revelation, Phasing? He was going to have to think of something fast, Gloriosus lacked any sppecial attacks, so he was going to have to resort to some trickery. But as of now, he needed to focus on that Will-o-wisp Breathing down his neck.
"Gloriosus, Dodge it! Jump or something!" Eli commanded, yet this was a dead end. Nidorans were not exactly known for their Jumping ability, and of course the ball of Feindish Fire hit.

Eli put his palm to his face, and Groaned in Frustration.
"I am the Best I am the Best I am the Best I am..." He thought, trying to keep his Blimp sized Ego alfoat....

Last edited:

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Taylor Thompson

The kid – or Eli, as he called himself – stared at Taylor for a moment, probably wondering how the heck she managed to stand with her twig-like legs. Most people did, it seemed. But, after a moment of recovering from shock, Eli shouted, "Gloriosus, let's show the Miss here why we mean Buisness!" The Nidoran leapt onto the battlefield, it’s sharp teeth glinting in the dim light of the warehouse. Taylor thought she saw Geist shiver, but… was there anything he really needed to worry about?

“Use Peck!” Eli commanded, and the Nidoran leapt at Geist, teeth bared. Of course, physical attacks and ghosts don’t go well together, and so Geist simply phased through the attack, giggling as the Nidoran felt itself fall to the ground without impact. “WHAT?” A look of horror appeared on Eli’s face, and Taylor couldn’t help but laugh.

"Geist is a master at phasing,” She mocked, “So you're going to have to do more than Pecking to beat him! Now, Geist, let’s do some actual damage, send out a Will-o-Wisp!"

"Gloriosus, Dodge it! Jump or something!" Eli commanded, but it was too late. The Will-o-Wisp have hit its mark, leaving a nasty-looking burn across Gloriosus’s leg. The Pokémon cried out at the burn, obviously startled by this new feeling in its leg. Geist smiled slightly; he wasn’t doing so badly with this opponent, at least.

“And now we wait.” Taylor said, crossing her arms and yawning. Geist yawned too, floating in the air casually, waiting for the burn to take effect.

“Peck it again!” her opponent commanded, and the Nidoran attempted to attack once more, only to hit air once again. What else could it do? Taylor didn’t know what moves it had, but she suspected that they were all physical. Well, that was his problem to deal with. Right now, she had a battle to win.

Of course, burning a foe to the K.O. point takes a really, really long time, and, honestly, Taylor didn’t have the patience. “Might as well get things going.” She sighed, “Geist, Shadow Sneak.”

The Ghost-type disappeared into the shadows, and a tense silence ensued as her opponents tried to guess where the Pokémon might come from. Suddenly, Geist reappeared behind the Nidoran, head-butting it with an energy-inbued horn. The Nidoran took the blow, but was still up and running as Geist took his regular position again.

Taylor frowned. Something was wrong, though. Geist was moving sluggishly, wincing in pain. Perhaps… no… it’s couldn’t be… Poison Point? She checked her bag; no Antidotes.

This was bad.

It wouldn’t be long before the Poison Point overwhelmed Geist. The only thing she could do now was use Pain Split, or try to attack again with Shadow Sneak and finish the Nidoran off. Geist wasn’t very offensive, so the attack might not work. Pain Split was risky; if it didn’t hit, it would leave Geist open for another blow.

“… Geist,” Taylor stammered, “U-use… uh… Pain Split?”

Eli shook his fists in elation as he realized Poison Point had done its work. He couldn't help from changing has face from one of pure frustration, to one of Pure Joy as Geist, the Shuppet sluggishly moved back to its trainer.

"The playing field is level now." Eli thought, "As long as Gloriosus can survive this thing out, and dish out Damage at least once, I'll win. Of course if my Attacks continue to miss, she'll win as right now, that Shuppet has taken less damage than Ol' Glory here." He pondered this as he watched the Shuppet's motions, and then the Girl's face, the thought of poison seemed to panic her. Good, maybe she'll make a mistake and leave Geist here open for attack.

Eli's chain of thought was broken by her Voice though as another command stammered forth from her mouth,
"… Geist, U-use… uh… Pain Split?"

Oh-no. Pain Split, if this gamble works for her, then Gloriosus will be at a bigger disadvantage with Geist gaining health. Palms clentched and Sweating, Eli awaited to see the Attack's results.

A strange dim light seemed to engulf Gloriosus and Geist for a few seconds, and then it faded. After doing this, Geist looked more or less the same, while Eli's Nidoran of Choice seemed more fighting fit than before. A smug look became bestrewn upon Eli's face,
"It would seem that I should thank you for healing my Pokemon." This is just what the Patrician had been hoping for, now Gloriosus had more health, and as long as he could avoid the next attack, victory would hopefully be in his concieted hand.

"Well, I think we all know what's comming." Eli rolled his eyes, "A peck!" With speed like that of the First turn, Gloriosus ran over to his weakened foe, and tried to dig his teeth in once more. But, this time...it was a clean hit! The Sluggish Shuppet didn't get his phasing right this time, probably due to Poison issues, and finally took some real damage.

Eli rubbed his hands together with Glee, even if his Nidoran cringed a bit from his ever present burn. He had this in the palm of his hand.

"G-Geist," The Girl stuttered, now more dismayed than before, "T-try Shadow Sneak!"
The Ghost type melded once more with the Shadows, Gloriosus twitched his head a bit trying to anticipate where it would show up. Little did he know that Geist would materialize right in front of him. With a ghastly headbutt, Nidoran was skidded back once more from the blow. It had hit him hard, yet the Poison was taking its toll on the Shuppet.

Before the crowd around the two trainers could react to what had just happened, Eli made his move, he wanted to end this with a direct hit.
"GLORIOSUS! GO GO GO! PECK!" While it was quite the boring move of the battle, there was no way Head Smash could be used here. Recoil would lose him the battle.

Gloriosus dahsed over to Geist, who had just finished it's trip back to its previous position. With a swift leaping peck. The attack combined with Poision pain managed to do the job. Eli saw it instantly, and pumped his fist with pride.
"YEAH GLORIOSUS!" He yelled, the Battle was Over, Geist had been knocked out. Hastily getting to his backpack, Elias pulled out a Full Heal and Max Potion, some of the gifts from before, and used them on Gloriosus.

Crouching down to heal is partner, Eli's eyes met with Alex's.
"You're up next." He confidently told the wary trainer. However, there was one last thing left to be done. Eli was a gentleman after all, so he had to show SOME good sportsmanship.

Walking over to his female foe, Eli extanded his hand to shake,
"Good Game," The exuberant Patrician said, "Though I don't think the outcome was ever in question...."