• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Regional Academy[RA]

SPBro

Insert Title Here.
They entered the ship, where it was Abbys turn to drag the two around places.
"Man, so many people" Ven said to himself, Minum agreeing

Abby started talking about a pool, and how she wanted to relax in a bikini. Ven looked over at Alex when she stated this, and thought "I bet he would be even more shy if this happened."
Before he could say something too Abby about this, she started dragging them around, and while being dragged around place to place, Ven told Alex "Don't worry, It's a common things for girls like her to act like this."

When they finally got too this pool, it was closed. "Well, sucks to be her." Ven thought to himself, when she started to get in a fuss, and just decided to sit down. She then said "Anyway while we just sit, why don't we get to know each other" continuing with "I'm Abby McGuire, 16 and from Slateport and both my brothers went to the academy, so it is a family thing in a way and I have a Staryu and not much else"

"Thats great and all, but we already told eachother our names" Ven said. He was starting to get tired, and decided to take a nap before they got there.
"Anyways, I'm 15 myself, you know my name, and I'm going to get some rest, I think I stayed up too late.." Ven told to two as he sat down, and attempted to fall asleep, Minum crawling down to his lap and started to rest too.

Zalck

Back Again...
"I see it as more of a Grey Green, but to each their own" Peter said in response to Ken's rash comment.

“ Welcome to the S.S. Tidal! I’m your captain for this voyage, and you play by my rules!” The voice boomed throughout the harbor, and you could obviously tell that he had been doing this for a long time. “ There is NO idiotic behavior on this boat! Do you understand?!” The Captain cleared his throat. “ There is NO battling on the boat! The crowd of student started to murmur amongst themselves. “ If you have an urge to battle, take it to the Battling Deck, located on the west side of the ship!” The Captain cleared his throat again. “ There is NO diving, NO feeding the Wingulls, NO fishing, No…” The Captain rambled on about the rules, boring everyone to death. Once he finished his little speech, the crowd stormed onto the ferry.

Ken stared off into the ocean, which he always saw as blue. Especially in
Slateport. Maybe Peter was just joking. He turn to see them, well, see them walking away. Ken wondered if he was ready to go... He wasn't sure of anything. Unable to make any friends, not even a battle, he shoved his hands in his pockets, and started walking to the boat slowly. Maybe he could get a battle. He went over to the west deck, waiting around for people. He hoped school would go better than this.

While waiting, his pokeball started shaking. He sent out Drana, who stretched and gave him a dirty look. "Sorry, the dock was crowded. I know you would have loved to go for a swim, but there was no way I could go to the edge. One kid even got knocked off.." Drana turned her head away at first, but then came up and rubber her head on Ken's leg. "Hey, do you think we should battle someone?" Drana's eye's lit up. She wanted to battle!

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Serra watched the battle unfold as nidoran beat poliwag although she assumed that it was the pressure that got to the trainer. She probably would have been nervous, but she would have definitely battle much better than the stage frightened trainer. She grinned as the crowd booed at Elias for being a poor sportsman. The booing of the crowd was cut short when a loud voice called out, announcing that the S.S. Tidal was now ready for passengers to board. She didn’t pay much attention to the rules as she simply planned on relaxing on deck and allow her vulpix to relax with her.

She fell into step with the crowd and walked up the ramp to the boat. She walked over to the pool area and found a relaxer with an umbrella nearby, providing ample shading. She quickly took the spot and set her vulpix on the table stand. She set her backpack next to the relaxer and laid down on the relaxer. She forgot to bring her shades so she couldn’t exactly doze off, but she needed to make sure her sweet Lira didn’t do anything naughty. She gently scratched Lira on her head to soothe her as she was close to the water. “It’s alright Lira, you won’t fall into the ocean. I’ll keep you safe if you fall.” She reassured her vulpix who seemed to be reluctant to relax. Nevertheless she eventually relaxed and dozed off.

She looked around to see if there was anyone that might be of interest to talk to. She sighed as she looked out into the clear blue skies. Finding a friend would be hard it seemed to her. Being short does have its downside she assumed. “This ride is going to be real boooring…” She softly said to herself becoming slightly drowsy from the heat. She closed her eyes as she became lulled by the sounds of the sea and dozed off into a light sleep.

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Abby dragged Ven and Alex along with her to the pool. She had found the sign and talked about relaxing in a bikini. Ughhh...She came all this way just to go to the pool...Alex thought.

" Why...?" Abby kept saying over and over again. She was complaining that the pool was closed. She then led them to a sitting area with several comfy, cushion seats.

"Anyway while we just sit, why don't we get to know each other" Abby exclaimed "I'm Abby McGuire, 16 and from Slateport and both my brothers went to the academy, so it is a family thing in a way and I have a Staryu and not much else" Abby exclaimed very upset with the pool.

I'm 15 myself, you know my name, and I'm going to get some rest, I think I stayed up too late.." Ven told to two as he sat down, and attempted to fall asleep, Minum crawling down to his lap and started to rest too.

Alex just stared blankly. " You know..." Alex said to Ven. It's almost 9:00..in the morning." He said sarcastically. He then went of to introduce himself. " I'm Alex, I'm 16 years old." He said, the paused. " And I'm from Lavaridge Town. And that's about it." He said, in a slight monotone voice.

As Elias explored his transportation to the Academy, he found it to be rather, how could it be put, average? Sure a cruise liner was a cruise liner, but the S.S. Tidal was no luxury ship like the kind his family would take lavish vacations on. Pool, big mess hall, everything seemed Pretty standard. The exception being the Lord of Written Rule himself, the Captain. It seemed that the only things he allowed freely on this ship were, Breathing, Eating, Talking, and Lounging. He must have been Ex-Navy or something.

Eli quickly decided that the place he wanted to be most now would be the Battle Hall. Those first two wins had gotten him pumped into the Fighting Spirit, it has also given his Ego an even greater boost, as if it needed one. Winning battles was on his agenda, and the Battle Hall was his destination of choice, that is until he came across a familiar set of faces.

A trio of friends who's faces were not unfamiliar to Eli were sitting around and introducing themselves. It was that one Chick, the Pushy Guy, and Alex; the guy who lost from earlier. They seemed to having a little session of self-introduction, and Eli being the way he was, just had to get in on this. After all, he did know them.

Alex was speaking in an unenthusiastic tone,
"I'm Alex, I'm 16 years old." He said, the paused. " And I'm from Lavaridge Town. And that's about it."
"Lavaridge town, eh?" Eli butted in, "Visited there once, it was like a Retirement Home converted to be an entire town. Though I did meet a few Pretty Women in the Hot Springs." The cocky trainer leaned rested his Shoulder on an Empty Seat, but refused to sit down. "I couldn't help but hear you people introducing yourselves," He continued, "So I figured because I just beat Alex here, I might as well give a formal introduction myself."

He took a heavy breath, and began, "The name is Elias, Elias Kronenberg. You guys can just call me Eli though." He spouted off, pointing to the Pushy Guy and the Chick, "I hail from Mauville City, one of the best places on the Planet I should say, and I'm the Son of one of the most prestegious families there." Eli adjusted his Precious Sports Jacket, and continued the long winded introduction, "And by the way, in case you couldn't tell. I'm the Greatest, the Best, the Trainer to-be..."

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Right after Alex finished his sentence, Eli butted in. "Lavaridge town, eh?" Eli butted in, "Visited there once, it was like a Retirement Home converted to be an entire town. Though I did meet a few Pretty Women in the Hot Springs." The cocky trainer leaned rested his Shoulder on an Empty Seat, but refused to sit down. "I couldn't help but hear you people introducing yourselves," He continued, "So I figured because I just beat Alex here, I might as well give a formal introduction myself."

Take a hike...Thought Alex. Alex gave Eli a look that signaled him to back off.

He took a heavy breath, and began, "The name is Elias, Elias Kronenberg. You guys can just call me Eli though." He spouted off, pointing to the Pushy Guy and the Chick, "I hail from Mauville City, one of the best places on the Planet I should say, and I'm the Son of one of the most prestegious families there." Eli adjusted his Precious Sports Jacket, and continued the long winded introduction, "And by the way, in case you couldn't tell. I'm the Greatest, the Best, the Trainer to-be..."

Alex had just about had it with Eli. However, he knew he shouldn't do anything reckless on the boat. After all, the captain did say no idiotic behaviour. Alex calmed down a little, and looked back at his friends.

I can't wait 'till we reach the academy..

~ End of Introduction.

“Boom!” A lightning bolt streaked through the sky, followed by a loud boom of thunder. The sky was turning black with clouds, and it was about 12:00pm. The boat ride took longer to get to the academy, due to the unexpected ocean squall. Alex sat back, tensed up from the storm. He hated storms, and to make things worse, he was in front of his new friends, and didn’t want to seem like a wimp. After all, Abby didn’t seem to scared, nor did Ven, and he didn’t want to seem like baby in front of Eli. He gulped, and looked outside, through the window beside them.

“ Hey! It’s the academy!” Alex surprisingly said. He hadn’t exclaimed like that since he got to the warehouse, so his friends probably thought that something was wrong with, but in fact, he was relieved. “ We’re here.” He said, as he looked at both Ven and Abby, and even Eli, who was still sitting with them.

“ Attention everyone!” The Captain’s voice boomed through the PA system. “ We have arrived at the academy, and I want every single one of you miscreants out of the boat once we are ready to open the doors!” Everyone listened as the Captain spoke. People were even worried about going outside because of the storm. The waves were furious, and rain was pouring down hard. Alex looked into his dull, yellow backpack, and took out a dark blue jacket. It wasn’t a rain jacket, but it was made for chilly weather, so it would have to do. “ Everyone, out!” The Captain announced. There were three exits, but the students all crowded them, so it was hard to get through.

“ Let’s go.” Alex said to the group. He got his backpack, and put it on his back, following the crowd, emerging outside, onto the island.

Once outside, there was a large pier that everyone was standing on, leading to the end of the pier, which was bright green grass. On the end was a guy, about 18 or 19 years old. “ Everyone! Listen up! I’m your school tour guide, so stay close and follow me! We are going to be headed up this hill, leading to the academy. My job is to show you around the island today, so don’t get lost!” The tour guide started to walk up this large hill, and near the top, Alex could make out a structure of some sort. “ Once we get to the academy, it will be time for your House Exams. The person you battle is pre-picked for you, so you don’t have a choice.” The tour guide, was at the front of the crowd, but it was still easy to hear him, as he was speaking loudly. Alex looked around to make sure that Ven and Abby were still there next to him. He didn’t want to enter the academy alone and lonely. He didn’t bother looking to see if Eli was there, as he didn’t exactly like him, but Alex was hoping that he would lose the battle for the Exams. However, Alex had read in the brochure that it wasn’t necessary to win.

The group had finally made it to the top of the hill where the Academy was. The crowd was talking with excitement about the school. Alex was impressed as well. It was incredibly big, and looked really cool. There were two large domes connecting to each other, along with several smaller rectangular building attached to the. There were also three pillars with flags that read “RHPA.”

“ Alright everyone! Could you follow me inside?” The tour guide said. He led the group into a large door, where everyone could go in, large amounts at a time, without being squished or frustrated. Once inside, it was a pretty cool place. The halls and lobby looked like actual school hallways, just 3x larger.

“ This place is pretty classy, don’t you guys agree?” Alex said to Ven and Abby. The group continued to follow the tour guide, until he stopped at two large metal doors.

“ Now, I am going to leave this part to you. Walk in through this door, and you will see 10 desks, with school teachers behind them. Tell them your name, and they will hand you a form with your designated Exam opponent.” The tour guide opened the doors for the students, and they walked in, more cautious than usual. Alex signaled his friends to come with him to the desks.

Once through the doors, Alex looked around. It was a gigantic dome, like a stadium. This was the first time he saw a school with a built in stadium. There were also seating chairs all around the stadium, so people could watch the battles for the exams. It wasn’t exactly packed in the audience, but there were currently enrolled students sitting all around, so there were still quite a bit of people. Not only that, but there were about 6 trainers on the stadium field. Alex assumed that they were waiting for their respective opponent to battle. Alex suddenly got shoved into line, and considering that there were about 10 desks, with 3 teachers behind every one, the line was moving pretty fast. In about 3 minutes, it was his turn get his opponent.

“ Name please.” Said the Female teacher behind the desk.

“ Uhhhh…” Alex thought for a moment. “ Alex Ganston.” He said. The teacher flipped through several pages of paper, and took out one with his name on it, and his opponent. Alex read it. “ My opponent is Chris…” He said. He looked around to see if he could find Ven or Abby, but they must’ve gotten lost in the giant line. He moved aside form the line, near the side, so once Ven and Abby were done, they could find him. Alex read his form some more. My battle is in sector 2…Alex thought. He looked at the stadium field. The field was spilt into 6 sections, with white paint boxed like a square. Each one had a sign next to it. He found one with a #2 on it. He read the form some more. “ My battle starts at about 12:45.” He said. He looked at his watch. It was 12:30 right now, so he had about 15 minutes to spare. He looked at the field, and saw that the battles had already started. So he waited, just killing time…

Last edited:
“We’re here.” Alex said, as he gazed at the group around him. Eli had eventually taken a seat and had sat with the trio for the entire trip. While he wasn't getting a very welcome vibe from sitting with them, it didn't matter. He was Elias Kronenberg, and he could sit wherever he pleased.

“Attention everyone!” The Captain’s voice boomed through the PA system. “ We have arrived at the academy, and I want every single one of you miscreants out of the boat once we are ready to open the doors!” Eli suddenly realized his blunder of not packing a rain jacket in his more accecible backpack. Now he was going to have to enter this school with his Sports Jacket and Dress Clothes soaked. As the Captian yelled "Everyone Out!", Eli made a bolt for the School, forgetting about Alex's little Posse behind him. He was however stopped by what appeared to be a Veteran Student of RHPA.

“ Everyone! Listen up! I’m your school tour guide, so stay close and follow me! We are going to be headed up this hill, leading to the academy. My job is to show you around the island today, so don’t get lost!” He yelled, trying to keep his voice above the Rain and Wind. Eli followed him up a rather large hill as he could make out the roof of the School in the Distance. “Once we get to the academy, it will be time for your House Exams. The person you battle is pre-picked for you, so you don’t have a choice.” He continued. Eli rubbed his soaking hands together in joy.
"Exams?" He thought, "Piece of Cake. I'll ace them faster than my Final Public School Tests." The Patrician's train of thought was broken by the Guide,
“Alright everyone! Could you follow me inside?” Eli was happy to comply, walking into the Double Doors sopping wet. The room was huge, and quite upper crust, just the Way Eli liked it. Across fromt hem were another set of French Doors.
“ Now, I am going to leave this part to you. Walk in through this door, and you will see 10 desks, with school teachers behind them. Tell them your name, and they will hand you a form with your designated Exam opponent.” The Tour Guide shouted, and walked open to unlock the doors. Allowing the mob of students to rush in, Eli himself was practically shoved into the stadium room.

There were in fact ten desks, with ten teachers at each. But Eli was more impressed with the stadium green, it was well kept and Large Enough to apparently hold 6 battles at once. Too Bad there wasn't much of a Crowd, or Eli would be able to ham it up good while he was down there.

However, groundskeeping quality was not the focus at hand here, Eli needed to get into line. After an imatient Two Minutes or So, Eli made it to a Teacher, the Burly Moustached man gruffly spoke to him.
"Name?"
"Elias Kronenberg" Eli proudly stated. After a bit of Paper flipping, the Teacher finally seemed to get the right packet, which he handed to Eli.
"Take this. NEXT." The muscular man, yelled.

"Seth, huh?" Eli said to himself as he flipped through the Papers, "Sector 5, 12:58 Battle, Blah Blah Blah, I got time to waste it seems." The Rich Boy looked through the crowd to see if he could find anyone he recognized from before. Somebody other than Alex and Co. hopefully, he had already spent enough time around them.
"I wonder if I can find that one Girl I battled from before?" Eli pondered, "Or even better, something to eat around here? I can't be the best on an Empty Stomach..."

treespyro

Vintage much?
Abby started to looked outside the ship as she saw the weather. "Oh boy" she started to sigh as she realised something "I hate that I have nothing to keep me from soaking wet" she said to all three of the guys which included Eli, who she didn't dislike at all unlike the feeling that she was getting from Alex towards Eli. She pulled out a very warm jacket that was in the colour of dark blue and wore it, also knowing that her hair was to be very wet, she decided against working on it.

The boat stopped and they were told basically that they arrived at their destination. “ Let’s go.” Alex said to both Abby and Ven as they walked out and the rain started to pelt. "Well there goes my hair" she sighed "It makes me look well not as pretty" she muttered the last part to show that she wasn't type that care about looks but she cared a lot about her looks because that was in Abby's nature. “Everyone! Listen up! I’m your school tour guide, so stay close and follow me! We are going to be headed up this hill, leading to the academy. My job is to show you around the island today, so don’t get lost!” a male said who looked a few years older than her and she said without thinking, "Hey he's kind of cute...ummm you know I mean...ahh you heard me" Abby exclaimed while giving up in front of Alex and Ven.

They finally reached the academy which was very big in width and height which Abby stared in awe. "We are going to be here" she thought happily as she walked with the crowd. "Alright everyone! Could you follow me inside?” The tour guide said as they all followed him "Really it is really big" she said while Alex responded "This place is pretty classy, don’t you guys agree?” Abby smiled as she looked around. "Yeah it is going to be really fun" she added with answer to his question until they stopped.

"Now, I am going to leave this part to you. Walk in through this door, and you will see 10 desks, with school teachers behind them. Tell them your name, and they will hand you a form with your designated Exam opponent" The tour guide said as they all went into a line. She managed to get in a different line where she was behind a guy who smelt a bit off in her opinion and thankfully once he was done, she was next. "Name please?" asked the old man who had grey hair but wasn't balding "Abby McGuire" she responded. He flicked around until he got her name and he handed her a paper with information. "My opponent is Kelley, Sector 3 at 12:50 hmmm..." she thought as she looked around until she found Alex in the crowd.

Abby started to walk there and reached him. "Wow this is really busy" she said while pushing some of her darker than light red hair "But at least we have each other as friends" she said happily as she smiled at Alex while the light made her dark blue-gray eyes sparkle a little. "Now's where Ven?" she asked looking around "Oh and what did you get as our opponent" Abby asked looking around for well in her mind cute boys.

Silver_Seoul

Peter stared out at the raging ocean as he heard a cackle of thunder. Staring up at the sky, he saw a flash of lightning that began to stir the waters beneath the boat. A shadow was cast across the entire perimeter of the S.S. Tidal as a dark cloud rolled in from the east. Peter checked his watch, noticing it was barely noon. He was itching to get to the Academy, and the storm only worsened his impatience. He looked around for Taylor and Kenneth as another boom of thunder shook the waters violently. The boat rocked and Peter saw a few kids getting motion sickness. He was immune to that though. If anything he craved this kind of motion, he lusted for action and danger.

Turning back over the railing, Peter saw an island not too far off the horizon. It was the academy. He looked down at himself, grinning widely as he saw how soaked he was, and sprinted over to where he had been sitting earlier and grabbed his bag, flinging it over his shoulder. He ran back out to the deck and found Taylor and Ken, staying with them as opposed to getting lost in the sea of students as they would soon depart. The captain appeared again and made another announcement, explaining that everyone had to be out the moment they opened the doors. As the ship began to dock on the pier, a rush of kids stormed out of the only three exits. Peter looked at Taylor, wondering why they just let everyone exit a ship like that; wasn't it a safety hazard? Either way, Peter wasn't going to just stand around. He led the way and slid down the bridge once the crowd diminished, slightly.

When they got to the bottom, they assembled in a large group and listened to some guy proclaiming that he was their guide. He led them up the pier and onto a grassy field where they saw a large hill. Everyone trailed behind him as he made the steep climb and once they neared the top, Peter saw what he was sure was the Academy. It was just like he had pictured. The tour guide spoke up again, exclaiming that they'd have to battle a designated student in order to be accepted into the academy. Peter wasn't sure of how fair that was, but he knew one thing, and that was that he wanted a challenge. He wouldn't stand for some bum to face off against him with a Rattata, or anything of the sort.

When they reached the outer border of the school, everyone stared in awe at the domes and pillars that structured the school. The stadiums inside were even more amazing, capable of hosting six battles at once. Peter was too fired up now, he needed to battle right then and now. He weaved his way through the crowd, ducking under and jumping over people when necessary, hoping onto chairs lined across the walls and slamming his backpack into others before stepping in line, the first to do so. There were ten teachers in desks lining the walls, but Peter paid no mind to them. He turned to the lady at the desk in front of him and told her his name. She flipped through some papers and while she did so, Peter stared around, observing the building. He had ditched Taylor and Ken, but he didn't linger on the thought much. It wasn't anything personal, he just wanted to speed things along.

The lady handed him a file with his name on it and he scanned over it, jumping up in exclamation as he saw that he'd be battling a guy named Gabe immediately in the fourth section. He looked for the number four and sprinted into the arena, showing an attendant his ID. The man led him to one end of the field and blew his whistle, summoning the student. From the other entrance emerged a kid with a blue jacket. He stared coldly at Peter as he unclipped a Pokeball from his belt. He grunted and tossed it into the air, releasing a blue dragon that stood on two feet. It had a red chest and claws developing on its forearms.

Peter wasn't sure how he'd fare against such an agile Pokemon, but there was no way in hell he wasn't about to put on a show. He pulled the spherical device off of his waist and rolled it onto the ground, watching it wobble its way into the center. He knew better than to send his Pokemon into the air; starting on the ground was much better. With a flash of light, the capsule opened up, releasing a red beam that began to encircle the tiny patch of land a few feet away. It developed into a green bird with tiny red wings and a feather on top. The eyes stared past the opposing trainer and into a void of nothing.

"Natu, let's put on a show for this clown, okay buddy?" Peter punched the air in exhilaration, pumped for his first battle. His opponent, Gabe, laughed loudly at the minuscule creature his dragon would be battling. He labeled it a joke and gave Peter the opportunity to start the match, claiming it'd end sooner than it could start. "We'll see about that," Peter spoke through his teeth. He bent down, letting Natu hop over to him. "I know we're at a really bad disadvantage right now, but I guarantee you we're not going to fail this exam. I won't let everyone down."

"Oh for Heaven's sake," Gabe interrupted, rolling his eyes. "You're not going to beat me with a speech. Gabite, knock that thing out with a Dragon Claw attack!" The sharp claw at the end of the dragon's arm began glowing with a golden-purple aura as the Pokemon ran forward, accelerating by the second. In a matter of seconds, he was at Natu's height, slicing his claw upward. Peter looked on in horror as his Natu was sent flying into the air. It wailed loudly, flapping its wings as it began its descent. "Gabite, Dragon Rage to finish that thing off," Gabe closed his eyes as he ordered another attack.

Peter squeezed his eyes shut, keeping his calm and analyzing the opponent. So far he knew of two attacks and his speed. How were his defenses? How was his endurance? Could he last as long as he was letting on? Only one way to find out, and that was to fight back. "Natu, use Night Shade to hold the Dragon Rage off," Peter commanded. From his beady eyes, the bird shot a beam of purple static that expanded and collided with the beam of pure white energy. The attacks weren't exactly on equal footing but Natu wasn't giving up just yet. "Use Steel Wing and Peck in combination with the Night Shade!" Peter exclaimed.

It was a technique they had only ever tried once, but it was one of his only options left. If he prolonged the battle any longer he might not survive. He already didn't have much of a chance, hitting and running would only worsen that. Natu's beak was surrounded by a glowing gold light and it extended, the bright light combining with the shadowed beam to make a spiraling pillar of energy. His little red wings were coated with a metal casing and he began to waddle forward, awkwardly holding his wings out to the side and raising his beak towards the air. He began to gain momentum and suddenly took flight, gliding straight into the Dragon Rage. Natu used his steel wings to shield his small body as he fluttered forward, pushing through the energy and landing inside of Gabite's jaws. Gabite's attack came to a halt as Natu pierced his inner mouth with the Night Shade and Peck combination. Gabite began attacking itself with its claw, attempting to knock the bird out of his mouth, but to no avail.

"You dirty cheater!" Gabe exclaimed. "Gabite, Sandstorm!" Gabite opened his mouth quickly and a violent tornado of dirt was shot out from his throat and onto the battlefield. Natu was sent flying, knocking him all the way back near a wall. Had he impacted it, he would have been knocked out. Luckily he kept his balance, though, and was fortunate enough to evade the Sandstorm thanks to his miniature size. "Gabite, launch Dragon Rage into the air." The flash of energy shot into the air and redirected towards the ground, striking the center and sending a chunk of the battlefield flying towards Natu.

"Now we can heat things up," Peter smirked, flipping his hair back. "Knock it back with Steel Wing!" The tiny bird crouched down and hopped into the air, coating one wing in a steel cast and spinning violently, his metallic wing colliding with the stone and striking it with enough force to send it flying at Gabite, hitting it straight in the gut and knocking him to the ground. The sandstorm came to a halt as Gabe became even more frustrated. "Natu, Night Shade from a point-blank range!" Natu screeched and hopped forward, his pupils glowing with a purple aura as he aimed the beam of dark energy at Gabite's shoulderblade.

"Knock it back with Dragon Claw," Gabite." Gabe was fed up with dealing with this novice and he had to end it know. The beam was deflected back at Natu, sending him flying into a wall for good this time. Natu's eyes dropped shut and Peter had lost the battle. Gabe returned his Gabite with a smirk. Peter treaded over to his fallen Pokemon and lifted him off the ground, recalling him into his Pokeball and clipping it back on his belt. He had fought bravely and could only hope it was well enough to be accepted. Gabe walked over to Peter, a pen in his hand. "Hand me your forms, kid. You've impressed me. I've never seen such a small Pokemon stand up to anything that I dished out. You got spunk, and that's just what this academy needs." He scribbled a few things on the document and exited the arena, waving one last time at Peter. Just then he saw Taylor and Kenneth. He ran over to the two of them and wondered who's battle they'd be headed to next.

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: I will edit the trainer that I'll battle if it is already taken.

Serra had woken up from her nap when Lira tugged on her hand with a sense of urgency. She looked down into Lira’s eyes to see fear in them and she looked up at the sky. It was very dark and cloudy so she quickly scooped up her backpack and quickly went inside the ship just as it started pouring and thundering. She stood there at the window, scanning for the island that they were headed for to see how big it was. She eventually saw the island come into view. She was going to point it out excitedly to her vulpix, but she seemed a bit green around the face and looked sick. She quickly returned her vulpix and opened her backpack. She dropped the pokeball in there and found a white umbrella and brought it out.

She waited patiently as the ship docked and everyone scrambled to get out when the captain told them to disembark. She waited till most of the crowd was gone before walking out with her umbrella open. She was thankful that her parents remembered to put one in her bag. She would have forgotten to bring it. She couldn’t see over the crowd, but she heard a voice ringing out, saying that they would be giving everyone here a tour of the school. She followed the crowd and absorbed what little info the tour guide gave. When she was able to see the school, she felt dwarfed by the size of the school. She felt like she could easily disappear in the building. She entered the building and quickly dried her umbrella before putting it away and continuing to follow the crowd.

Since she was one of the last few in lines, she eventually saw a row of desks and went up to one of the teachers sitting in desks. The male teacher looked up and said, “Your name miss?”

Serra replied, “Serra Layo sir.” The teacher skimmed through the list before finding her name and took out a stack of papers and handed it to her before asking for the next person to come up.

She walked away from the desks and looked around and was impressed. She had never been in a stadium that was large enough to rival the stadiums that the leagues had. She eventually took her attention off of the stadium and looked through her stack of papers. Most of it was information on her profile and then a name caught her attention. She would be battling a student named Eric in sector one at 1:00 p.m. She looked at the huge clock that was displayed on the screen to see that it was 12:50. She had a few minutes to prepare herself for battle.

She released her vulpix and was glad that she wasn’t green around the face and looked fine. She quietly asked, “Do you think that you will be able to battle soon?” Her vulpix gave a small nod and looked out at the field with a glint in her eyes. Serra sighed softly and was glad that Lira wasn’t sick anymore. She had forgotten that Lira didn’t take well to travel by sea and often became seasick if she watched the ocean.

AZX612

On my own here we go
((Sorry I havnt posted yet.))

Adrian, still wet, walked off the boat. He didnt pay much attention to anything because he was tired, soaked, and miserable. Until the word "Battle" was mentioned. He was led to a teacher who asked him his name. "Huh, oh, uhh, Adrian Glade." "Hmm, funny, I was expecting you to be a girl with your name and all." the teacher said. Adrian twitched. He hated when people just assumed he was a girl because of his name. "Mmm hmm, mmm hmm, you'll be battling Elle. Sector 6." The teacher pointed him to Sector 6. Adrian looked at the time. "CRAP, IM GONNA BE LATE FOR MY BATTLE!" Adrian exclaimed. He made his way all the way to Sector 6, where he found a girl with Poocheyena waiting impatiently. "Its about time." She said, rather annoyed. "So your Elle? Pfft, you dont look so tough. "Ena, Poocheyena." The Poochyena growled at the remark. "Well, lets get this party started! Offense, your up!" He yelled happily. The Weedle emerged from the Premier Ball and Elle just laughed. "You seriously think you can beat me with that little bug? I could beat that thing with both hands tied behind my back and standing on 1 leg." She bragged. "JUST BATTLE ALREADY!!!" "Sheesh, fine. Poochyena, use Bite!" The Poochyena started charging twords Offense with extreamly sharp fangs. "Offense, String Shot." Adrian said calmly. The small bug shot a continuous spray of Web from its mouth and entangled the Poochyena, stopping it in its tracks. "Now, Poison Sting, followed by Bug Bite!" Offense did as directed, and shot out an arsenal of poisonous barbs that hit with success, but also pierced some of the web holding it there. And then Bug Bite hit with Massive effect, but completely snapped the web. "Poochyena, Tail Whip!" Offense was still bitting the Poochyena on the tail when it used this, and it sent Offense flying into the Wall. Massive damaged considering But Types dont have good Defense. "Poochyena, Bite again!" Offense didnt have a chance to re-orientate itself before the Pokemon clamped down on it with its fangs. Offense cringed. "Ugh, think fast Adrian, think fast! . . . AH-HA, GOT IT!!! Offense, Poison Sting in its mouth!!!" Offense, still stuck in Poochyena's jaws, shot the Poisonous needles right into its mouth, making it let go and poisoning it, making it feeble and weak. "Now use string shot on its mouth!!!" Offense, still very weak, shot web clamping the Poochyena's mouth closed. "Now finish this with Bug Bite!" Offense crawled up to Poochyena and started biting it harshly, but not before the Poochyena had time to Tackle it weakly. Offense fell to the ground and fainted, but as soon as that happened, Poochyena started glowing purple. Soon, it fell to the ground too, ailed by poison. The end result was a tie. "Wow, your good!" Elle said. "Thanks, I use Offense here to show people that Bug Pokemon arent as weak as people say they are." Adrian said in response. "Jeez, that was rough, I wonder what the actual school is going to be like." Adrian thought to himself. He took Offense to the nearby Pokemon Center to heal and waited patiently in the main room where the huge group of people were, waiting for their House Exam.

Last edited:

SPBro

Insert Title Here.
Ven notice Eli came to sit down with them. He was going to react to this, but decided not too, as he felt hes already weirded his friends out enough. When they arrive, they step out to once again listen to some guy, give instructions. Ven heard the comment Abby made, but decided not to make a remark about it, just letting it go.

Once the group made there way into a build, they where told to get who they are battling. Ven was pushed around left and right, people telling him "Move it" or "Hurry up" because he was just standing there, amazed at the sight of the room. He finally made his way up to a desk, but didn't catch the view of the man handing him who he was battling, due to not paying attention.

"Name" said a voice.
Ven didn't respond, more so didn't even notice he talked. He was wondering how things would turn out at school
"I said NAME Please." the voice said again, but louder and angrier, like he didn't want to be there.
"O-oh, sorry. Ventori Lukio" Ven told the man

The man looked though the papers, then gave Ven a paper with who he was battling
"Liz, 12:35, Sector two" Ven told himself
Ven then looked around for a clock, to see what time it was. When he found it he said out loud to himself "Oh it's only 12:33."
"Wait a minute.. My battle starts in two minutes!" Ven said, he then quickly sprinted too the area, ran pass Alex and Abby quickly saying "Sector two, battle, running late, Got to go bye"

He arrived at the place he was supposed to, a girl standing with a yellow jacket, waiting for Ven.
"Hiya, I'm guessing I'm battling you~" Said the girl friendly, following with "I'm Liz, and this is my Butterfree." She said pointing to her pokemon.

"Well, I'm Ven, and this is my Pokemon Zero." Ven gestured too the pokemon on his shoulder "Too tell the truth, I've never battled before, but I think I've seen enough battles on TV to know how to do it, right, Zero?"

"Fair enough, now lets begin" Liz said, a little bit more serious.
The two pokemon stepped up onto the stage, Ven said "Ladys first"
"Butterfree, use tackle" She said without any hesitation
"Zero, Do a dodge roll!" Ven told the Minum, as it rolled too the side from the attacking butterfly "Then use quick attack!" Ven said as Minum ran into Butterfly

"A quick little guy, well then alright, Butterfree use String Shot then use Tackle on it!" She said, as it shot a web-like string towards minum, rapping it up, then charging at it.

"Zero, get out, quick!" Ven said, trying to help his pokemon, but it was no use, Minum was hit and was laying on the ground, although the tackle did knock off the string shot keeping minum from moving, the tackle was to much as it got a critical hit.

"Common Zero, get up.." Ven asked the Minum, as it tried to stand up. The Butterfree was making its second round, turning around in mid air and getting ready for another tackle.

"Go for it, butterfree!" Commanded Liz, as it charged towards Minum.
"Zero, try to jump on its back and ride on it, then use discharge" Ven said to the Minum, as it waited for the perfect time to jump. Even though it was weakened, it wasn't going to let it end like this.

Right before the Bug pokemon hit the Minum, Zero the minum jumped up in the air and landed on Butterfree. He was holding onto the bug, as it was trying to shake Zero off. The little minum had sparks coming out of the two blue cheek spots with a minus sign on em. Then a large explosion of electrical power boomed from the Minum, Large enough to cover the whole field. The electrical explosion knocked out the Butterfree, or at least weekend it completely. It flew down into the ground, Zero still on his back. They soon both crashed, and were both knocked out.

Ven walked up too the spot where they both crashed. Liz returned her pokemon, and Ven picked up Zero saying "You did great buddy, even if we don't get accepted, you did great. For a first match, none the less."
Liz came up, took the paper he got from the man from earlier, and wrote a few comments down, and signed it.
"What do I do with this" Ven asked
"You will find out later" Liz told him. Ven just shrugged it off and walked away
Now as he awaited the results of how both He and his pokemon did, Ven decided to returned to find Alex and Abby.

Last edited:
12:58, the Clock in the Stadium Flashed. Eli supposed it was time for his Battle to begin, and as such, he had better get to Sector 5. Pushing through the Crowd mulling about the Green, Eli finally got to the Square of the Field marked with "5". Standing on the other side of the Square was a young man with a Bodacious Elvis Style Haircut, and a Jet black Leather Jacket mirrioring Eli's own Sports Coat. This was "Seth" no doubt, and everything about his look seemed to Scream "Homage to the 50s".

"Eyyy! Yous must be, eh..." Seth checked his papers, "Elias Kronenberg, right?" He spoke in a heavy Rustboro accent, and, to Eli at least, didn't look like the brightest bulb from the box.
"Yes, that would be I" Eli confidently spoke, "and don't even Bother battling me. Because you've already lost, just put me down as the Highest Class possible." The Patrician tossed is Pokeball up into the air with one hand as he spoke.
"Spare me the Egotism Kid," Seth responded, "Both yous and I know the I gots me a Job to be doin' 'ere. Capish? Capish."
"Hey, whatever you say!" Eli laughed, This Dumbfounded fool with be a piece of Cake. He thought cockily. "Go, Gloriosus!"

The Poison Point Pokemon rematerialized once more for yet another battle. It could be easily told by the glint in the Pokemon's eye that Gloriosus was ready for a fight.
"Alright then, Lets do 'dis Houndour!" The small Black Dog beamed in from the Pokeball. This one seemed to be a runt compared to other Houndours Eli had seen, though the Rich Boy could tell that there was something fierce and Feral about it. With a Bark from Seth's Pokemon, the battle was underway.

Once more Eli got the short end of the Stick in the Speed Section, Houndour was yet another Pokemon faster than Nidoran, and Seth was eager to start things off.
"Houndour!" He yelled, "Flambe that Rodent with Ember!" With a Snap of Seth's fingers, a Column of Large Sparks flew out of the Dog's mouth.
"Run Gloriosus!" Eli commanded, but the Houndour's mouth was like a Chaingun, it just didn't stop, and eventually the Nidoran was stricken by the fire. "It's going to take more than a few Flint Sparks to take out this Master!" Eli jeered, "Gloriosus! Double Kick the Dog!"

Still recovering from the Flames, Gloriosus started off at a slow run, but picked up pace as he neared Houndour. Giving the Canine a Crushing Hind Kick, twice. Fighting was powerful against dark types, yet this Houndour was strong, and took the Hit as easily as Gloriosus took the Ember.
"You're underestimatin' me Kid!" Seth laughed, he now took a new approach with a new move, that move being the Dark-Type Bite.

"Chew up that Nidoran Houndour!" Seth called out with yet another snap of his Fingers, with which the Houndour instantaneously got up and began it's rush to Gloriosus. Before Eli could react, the swift Fire-Type had already sunk its teeth into the Nidoran's Skin, the Patrician cursed under his breath. It would seem this fool was getting lucky today.

"No matter!" Eli yelled, "I'll finish you off here and now, Double Kick for the Win Gloriosus!" Once more the Purple Pokemon began its sprint over to the Houndour, yet this time things would go about differently.
"Houndour," Seth smirked, "Counter 'dis Move, with Bite!" He was prepared! The Dark Dog cought Gloriosus's leg in its teeth and effectively stopped the attack, dealing extra damage to Eli's Pokemon to boot!

Elias was breathing heavily now, he had to win. He would not accept defeat, and even though Gloriosus was obviously weakened and fatigued from the beating he had taken. Eli knew what move it was time for. Only two words need to be yelled,
"HEAD SMASH!" The Patrician Boomed with vigor, Gloriosus looked at his trainer hesitantly for a second, with a worried expression over what could come from the recoil. Yet the loyalty between them was too strong, and the Nidoran had to attack. With a rush, and a ferocious slam, Gloriosus dug his horn into Houndour. The move's power was much too great at Doubled Damage for the dog, and it feel to its paws.

But there was a price. Gloriosus, while he stood for a second, collapsed as well. The match was a draw.
"Man 'dat was Amazin'!" Seth shouted, "Great Battle!"
Eli was less enthusiastic, a tie just means you both lose, and Eli didn't take losing lightly.
"ARGH!" The rich boy yelled, and pointed his finger at Seth, "Nobody defeats Elias Kronenberg for long. YOU HEAR ME? All you had was luck! A critical hit or something." His rage was unsightly, but Seth just laughed, and walked up to his former foe.

Patting Eli on the back, Seth spouted off his wisdom, and took his Papers
"Look, I'm just going to ignore that little outburst at the end there because you happen to be a great battler." The Leather Equpped trainer filled out the form as he spoke, "But word to the Wise, drop the Ego kid, you need some friends if you plan on getting far here. And you won't get many friends actin' 'dat way." Aeth pulled out a paper scrap and jotted down a phone number. Handing it to Eli, he continued, "Consider us, eh, Aquaintences. You're gonna to need a few here at RHPA, and I'll be your first. If yous got any questions, shoot me a call, eh?"
Eli nearly ripped the Number from his hands, and gave a still frustrated response,
"Thanks, but I'm quite fine on my own. I doubt I'll have to call the likes of you anytime soon."
"Whatever Kid, I'm just gonna' turn in my acceptance info on you, and be on my way. Ciao." And like that, Seth was gone.

Stuffing the Number in his Pocket, and recalling the Fallen Gloriosus, Eli tapped his foot impatiently. He had better get accepted to the tip top class, even without a win....

Last edited:

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
"Attention everyone! We have arrived at the academy, and I want every single one of you miscreants out of the boat once we are ready to open the doors!”, the captain's voice blared from the loudspeaker. Luke grinned, but then frowned. True, the agonizing trip had ended, but now he had to go to this school.

Oh well...school is better than a boat ride...Luke did not want to go to school, but he rushed off anyways. He didn't want to stay on the S.S. Tidal any longer, nor hear another of one of the captain's boring speeches. The NO everything speech he had made was still ringing in his head.

As he got to the doors, it started to open. "Everybody out!", the captain exclaimed. Luke gladly got off, and was actually one of the first, very different from when he went on, where he was one of the last. As he got off, a teenage boy walked up to them, declaring himself to be their tour guide. Luke didn't listen to the rest of what he said, but when everyone else started moving, Luke did as well.

"Once we get to the academy, it will be time for your House Exams. The person you battle is pre-picked for you, so you don’t have a choice.", the words suddenly came into Luke's head. The tour guide was talking so loud, almost as loud as the captain, he could barely believe he missed most of what the guide said in the beginning.
The group got to the top of the massive hill where the Academy was. Luke started to sort of like the school because of all of those pillars saying RHPA on them. They looked pretty awesome. But not as awesome as...

“Alright everyone! Could you follow me inside?”, the tour guide led the group to an extremely large door. “

"Now, I am going to leave this part to you. Walk in through this door, and you will see 10 desks, with school teachers behind them. Tell them your name, and they will hand you a form with your designated exam opponent.” Everyone started walking through the door. Luke was the last to enter, making him the last person in line to get to the desks. When it was finally his turn, a male teacher asked for his name.

"Luke Iwate.", Luke said to the teacher. The male teacher flipped through a large item in the shape of a book, then found Luke's name.

"Hey, you haven't paid your money yet!", the teacher said. "What do you think this is, a free school or something?"

Luke smiled. He could get out of school and lie to his parents!

"Yes, I do.", Luke smiled again, but the male teacher shook his head. "That was a test. All of the teachers read everyone's forms. Your parents wrote on the note that you have the money. So, pay up."

Luke's grin faded. He angrily took the money out of his pocket and gave it to the teacher. The teacher grinned, then gave Luke a slip.

"Your opponent is a boy named James. Go out the stadium and go to...what does your slip say?", the teacher asked. Luke read it. It said Sector 3, 12:55. He told that to the teacher, who replied telling him to go out into the stadium and go to Sector 3. Luke did as the teacher said and went to Sector 3. He glanced at his watch. It was 12:54. Luke glanced up to see a boy holding a Pokéball.

"About time you came.", James snickered. "How about we start the battle one minute early?"

Luke glanced at his watch again. 12:55.

"Actually, it's 10:55 right now, but let's start anyway!", James looked somewhat annoyed at that comment.

James threw his Pokéball into the air while Growly rushed into the battlefield.

"Growlithe, Crunch!", Luke commanded. Growly jumped into the air, mouth open. James just looked at Elektrike, who shot a Thunderbolt towards Growly. It zapped him hard and he fell to the ground in pain, electricity coming out of Growly. Luke looked at him in concern, then at James. Obviously, he had experience in battling.

OOC: Growly has a little experience in battling, due to his life in the wild. However, since the battle is mostly revolved around the trainer, it doesn't help much.

Last edited:

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
" I got some guy named Chris." said Alex to Abby.

" Well, Where's Ven?" Asked Abby.

" I'm not sure." Alex said. He kind of liked short and simple answers, but he knew he would have to do better than that. So he tried to expand it a bit. " He's probably in line." Just then, Ven came running. " Running late, gotta go, bye!" He zoomed past them. Alex patiently waited his turn, and decided to watch Ven's battle from where he was standing.

~

After about 15 minutes, Ven's battle came to a close. The end result was a tie. Alex looked at Sector 2, and saw that there was another student occupying the secotr, battling against another student. " They are still not done..." Alex anxiously said. Ven came towards Alex and Abby. " That was a good try, you almost won that one." However Alex had something else on his mind. He wanted to see how Eli did. And by coincidence, his battle was starting.

20 minutes later...
It was now 1:10pm, and his opponents were finally done their battle. " All right, I'm going in." He said to Abby and Ven. He walked towards the secotr with his form in his hand. He saw Eli, standing near the side, tapping his foot impatiently. Alex had seen how his battle went, and it wa sa tie, however, Eli didn't like that result too much. He walked past Eli, and looked at him, and smirked a little, mockingly.

He arrived at Sector 2. " So, you must be Alex. Sorry about the wait, the other student tester was taking abit longer than I thought." Alex nodded in reply. " Let's start," Chris threw his Pokeball, revelaing a Drowzee. Zee!

Alex threw his Pokeball, revealing his Poliwag, who had a nice long rest during the trip to the Academy, form his battle with Eli. Chris pointed at Alex. " Let's do this!"

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Taylor Thompson

Taylor’s eyes widened as her opponent’s Nidoran stood, its health restored by Pain Split’s power. Shuppet seemed weakened from the attack, sagging toward the ground like a forgotten doll. She ordered another Shadow Sneak, which still managed to do some damage, but the poison had taken its toll. One Peck later, and Shuppet was down for the count.

The trainer, Eli, walked over to her with an outstretched hand. “Good Game,” he said, "Though I don't think the outcome was ever in question...."

Still smiling, Taylor shook his hand with what was more like a forceful push, her eyes narrowed slightly in rage. Truthfully, she was more angry at herself than she was at her opponent. Pain Split’s effects had been her fault; she had misjudged the state of her Pokémon and paid the consequence. Of course, that didn’t mean that her opponent wasn’t any less of a jerk; it just meant that she needed to focus more during battle.

She walked over to her Shuppet, picking the injured Pokémon up in her arms, and cleared the way for another battle. Silently, she walked over to Peter. He had probably been waiting impatiently through the whole battle…

"You both did great.” Peter said as he spotted Taylor in the crowd. “I didn't even know you could battle so well." Looking up from Geist, Taylor flashed her usual grin. Well, he was right. She and Geist had fought a lot harder than they usually did.

Another kid walked up to their group. “Hey, are you alright?” He asked.

Taylor giggled. “Haha… yeah, I’m fine. Geist is holding on, too. Isn’t that right, buddy?” At the sound of ‘buddy’, Geist looked up and nodded politely.

"Hello there," Peter added, shaking hands with the other kid, "I assume you're also going to the Academy? Taylor and I are headed there as well."

"Yea, I'm going to the Academy,” The kid stated. He seemed a bit… off. Then again, most people were ‘off’ in some sort of way. "My Name's Kenneth. Or just Ken. Yea, this academy is supposed to be about battling and all... Man, the water is blue here.”

Taylor raised an eyebrow at the kid’s last comment, but Peter didn’t seem to notice anything odd. "Nice to meet you Ken,” Peter replied, "Well I see it as more of a gray-green but to each his own.”

“ Everybody! Listen up!” A voice boomed near the front of the harbor. Turning, Taylor spotted what appeared to be the captain of the boat, standing near the docks. The captain began to lecture on the rules of the ship: no battling in random hallways, no diving, no feeding the Wingulls, etc, etc. To Taylor, it came out more like “blah blah rules blah blah.” She wasn’t much of a stickler to the rules; figures she’d get a captain who was so obsessed with them.

Peter handed Taylor her bags, and the three boarded the ship. Some kid had fallen overboard, and Taylor couldn’t help but laugh. She was feeling a lot better now from her loss; Geist, however, still needed a good rest. Maybe there was a Center or something on the ship…

Peter told the rest of the group he’d meet up with them later, and disappeared into the crowd of people gathered in the hallways. She managed to lose sight of Ken on the way up as well. Well… at least this gave Geist some time to rest. But first… this boat didn’t happen to have any antidotes lying around, did it?

Sometime Later…

“ Attention everyone!” The Captain’s voice boomed through the PA system. “ We have arrived at the academy, and I want every single one of you miscreants out of the boat once we are ready to open the doors!”

Taylor, Ken, and Peter had gathered by the edge of the boat, waiting to get off of the ship before a bolt of lightning struck it. She and Peter exchanged looks at the captain’s… well, dangerous orders. But it was the captain, after all. As soon as the boat docked, they stormed off the ship, racing to keep from being swept up by the crowd.

Outside, the school was an amazing sight. A huge dome towered above the crowd, supported by huge pillars that made it look like something out of Greek times. Someone began to explain the inner workings of the school, including the giant Battle Hall that could support six battles at once. But she didn’t have much time to marvel at the school. The crowd was fast and furious, and, before she knew it, she was standing in line behind a bunch of desks, waiting to tell some teacher her name and find someone to battle.

Geist floated beside her, shaking slightly at the sight off all the people. The boat ride, along with some kid’s spare antidote, had given him enough time to rest. Seeing Geist dart around her like a scared puppy, she caught the ghost with one hand and sat it on her shoulder with a smile. The ghost type let out a nervous sigh.

“Name?” Taylor blinked and spun around to a rather plain-looking teacher. His voice was so soft that she had barely heard it.

“Uhh… Taylor Thompson,” Taylor said. The teacher glanced at his list, squinting at the names.

“Thompson, Thompson…” he repeated, searching for her opponent, “Ah, Thompson! You’ll be facing Aline today.”

A low murmur of “Oooohh…” echoed from behind her. Taylor took her slip of paper from the teacher, eyebrow raised. As she walked off, she could hear some of the returning students talking amongst themselves. “Aline’s been here for six years…” “You think she’ll use her Roselia again?” “Hah! Girl’s got no chance at beating Aline.”

Shuppet perked up at the sound of the other voices, his eyes wide. Smiling, Taylor patted his head and said, “Don’t be such a scaredy-cat, Geist! We’ll do fine.”

She glanced at the piece of paper in her hand. Apparently, her battle was around 12:50, when everyone else had cleared the field. With a sigh, she walked over to the waiting area of the Battle Hall, looking around the battlefields to see if Peter or Ken were fighting right now. Finally, she spotted Peter and his Natu battling a rather intimidating Gabite, and ran over to their side of the battlefield.

“Kick his butt, Peter!” Taylor cheered. Geist joined in with a cry of his own. She was pretty sure they couldn’t hear them – they were on the other side of the battlefield – but it was the thought that counted. The battle was actually going really well… until her eyes caught sight of Peter’s Natu being knocked straight into a wall.

“Oooohh! That’s gotta smart…”

Zalck

Back Again...
Ken had waited around on the battle deck, but no one wanted to challenge his Dratini, and he was to shy to challenge anyone. Ken and Drana spent most of the trip looking at the dark-blue ocean, staring off to space, thinking about the academy. The ship seemed to be going so slow.. and eventually Ken and Drana retreated inside the ship when the storm started. Time dragged on, until a voice boomed over the intercom.

“Attention everyone!” The Captain’s voice boomed through the PA system. “ We have arrived at the academy, and I want every single one of you miscreants out of the boat once we are ready to open the doors!” Everyone on the boat started piling at the doors. Ken wanted to wait, but started getting pushed by everyone. He returned Drana to her pokeball, and starting go with the crowd when the Captian yelled "Everyone Out!"

Upon reaching the pier and getting drenched on, an older student started shouting. “Everyone! Listen up! I’m your school tour guide, so stay close and follow me! We are going to be headed up this hill, leading to the academy. My job is to show you around the island today, so don’t get lost!” He yelled, trying to keep his voice above the Rain and Wind. Ken silently followed in the crowd, straining his ears to listen. “Once we get to the academy, it will be time for your House Exams. The person you battle is pre-picked for you, so you don’t have a choice.” He continued.

Ken entered the school, glad to be out of the rain. He waited for a desk to empty out, and came up to register. A female teach impatiently smiled at him.
"Name please?" She asked.

"Kenneth, Ma'am." Ken said, trying to speak loud enough to be heard.

"Last name?" The teacher asked.

"None, Ma'am." Ken replied. The teacher began to search the pile then looked at ken with a dis-believing look.

"Listen, I don't have time for your games. What's your last name?" The teacher asked again, impatient.

"Try Kenneth of Pacifidlog Town." Ken replied. It's what his Grampa called him. The teacher still had a dis-believing look on her face but found the packet.

"Please move along, Kenneth. NEXT!" The teacher directed her attention to the next student.

Ken found a quiet place to read his packet. "I'm battling... Seth, at 1:00 p.m." Ken said. He tried to move to find someone. Failing to do so, He sent out Drana. "Alright, we've got a battle. Excited?" He asked her. The Dratini shouted "DRA! DRA!" and nodded her head. Ken wished he was that enthusiastic, and not so nervous. The two waited around but saw... Ken thought is was Peter, fighting a rather nasty Gabite with his... Natu. That's what that was. He wasn't doing too good. He saw the Natu smash against the wall. He heard a female voice. 'That's gotta smart..'

Ken recognized Taylor, and walked over by her. "Hey" Ken said to her. "Looks like Peter's got a tough battle."

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: Finally, my battle post is done.

Serra walked out onto sector one as 1:00 came around. She looked at her opponent who had a blue jacket on. He seemed to be smirking as he looked at Serra and bowed gracefully and said, “Shall we start Miss Serra?” Serra blushed a bit before she returned the courtesy and replied, “I guess so, Mister Eric.”

Eric tossed a pokeball out and revealed it to be an aron. It gave a loud roar as it scanned the field. “I choose Aron. What will you use Miss Serra?”

Serra replied coolly, “I will be using my vulpix Mister Eric. Let us show him our best Lira.” Her vulpix ran out onto the field and got into a wide stance and growled at aron. Serra waited patiently as she waited for Eric call out the first move. She wasn’t disappointed when he called out for aron to use headbutt. She called out Lira and said, “Now just before the aron headbutts you, dodge it and use ember.” Her vulpix nodded slightly and focused on dodging it as soon as the attack would pass the point of no return.

Her vulpix narrow dodged the headbutt and she sent a small burst of embers that scored directly on aron before landing. She turned and faced her opponent again and Serra called out, “Use quick attack.” The vulpix became a white streak as she dashed straight at the aron. Eric smirked and said, “Aron, use screech as soon as it is within range.” The aron then let loose a high pitch scream that caused both Lira and Serra to cringe at the sound and Lira stopped moving and placed her front paws over her head, trying to hear less of the screech.

“Now tackle it and follow it with mud-slap.” The aron stopped screeching and it dashed at the vulpix who refused to get up when Serra tried to tell her to dodge it. Aron landed the tackle without any trouble and then it stuck its foot under the ground and slung lots of mud at the vulpix. The vulpix cried out as its fur got hit with the mud and her red coat became a dirty brown with red polka dots. Serra cried out desperately, “Please Lira, use ember and then get away from it.”

She let out a sigh as her vulpix finally retaliated with an angry burst of embers before leaping away and giving an angry glare at the Aron. Her legs were shaking, but she was clearly exhausted. Serra quickly noted that aron was indeed tired, but was in better condition than her vulpix was. She gave one last command knowing that if she didn’t knock out aron with it, her vulpix was done for. “Lira, use ember and give it everything you have.”

Her vulpix let out a strong stream of embers at aron and Eric chuckled and said, “Aron, show them that you’re not afraid of fire. Headbutt through the embers!” His aron charged through the embers and although he took some damage, most of the embers bounced off of his head. Serra gasped as aron landed a critical hit on Lira and she let out a cry of pain as she bounced across the ground before landing on her side, unconscious. Serra sighed and softly said to herself, “No regrets, we tried our best.” She looked back at Eric and said, “Your aron did well Eric, good battle.” She returned her vulpix and bowed and quietly walked off the field. She let out a sigh as she didn’t hold much hope of being accepted after being defeated.

Her thoughts were disrupted when Eric quickly came over and quietly said, “Sorry about being a bit too rough on your vulpix. I would have left you to your thoughts if I didn’t need to write a few things on your paper.” He held out his hand and she handed her papers to him and he spent several minutes writing on it. It felt like five minutes before he was finished writing and said, "I would give the papers back to you, but I'm required to hand it in to the teachers. I hope your vulpix recovers fine Miss Serra." He gave a slight bow before leaving her alone again. She walked slowly to the stands a bit depressed.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
As Alex ran off, Abby looked at the time. "Yeah he has the right idea, I have to battle now" she looked around with again some of her hair going across her . "I really should have gotten by headband out" she thought as she walked up the Sector 3 where she was to battle. She made her way there and met up with her opponent. "Hello, My name is Kelley and I'll be your opponent today" she introduced herself as Abby spoke up "My name is Abby and I guess we should get this started". They both walked up to their ends and were looking at each other. "Go Torchic" Kelley called out her Pokemon as a orange fire chicken also known as a Torchic came out of its Pokeball and jumped on the battlefield. "Alright, go Staryu" Abby exclaimed throwing her Pokeball which revealed a Staryu. "Looks like you have the type advantage" said Kelley as Abby replied straight after "Yeah but that doesn't mean much". Kelley smiled "That's true and smart of you to say that" as they both looked at each other.

"Lets start this" Abby happily exclaimed "Staryu, start off with rapid spin" as her Staryu started to spin rapidly. "Torchic dodge and use Peck" Kelley called out as Abby smirked "Boomerang it" she called out to her Staryu as Torchic dodged the first attack and tried to use peck but there was no target until Staryu came spinning back, hitting the Torchic causing a decent amount of damage due to shock. "Alright, Staryu use water gun" The red haired ordered as her Staryu jumped into the air and shot out a jet of water but then "Torchic dodge it and use Ember" she called out while Staryu used its attack.

Torchic dodged it and while Staryu was recovering from its attack, it was hit by the Ember and then. "Use Peck" Kelley called out as her Torchic's beak started to glow and hit the Staryu while Abby was thinking. "Well I don't know what I can do, I guess I have to try another attack" she thought while she saw her Staryu on the ground which later got up. "Alright Water gun" Abby called out as her Pokemon again shot out a jet of water which did hit the Torchic causing a lot of damage. "Alright Torchic, use Peck" Kelley said quickly as it caught both Abby and her Staryu by surprise. The hit connected and Staryu was down, fainted which meant that Abby lost.

"Well we tried and we weren't good enough" Abby said to her Staryu "Good job' she returned her Pokemon and started to talk to Kelley. "Nice battle, Abby it was really tight and close, one more attack and you could have had a victory over me" she said to Abby as they shook hands and started to talk about a few things mainly about hairstyles and clothes which went for very long. Since they were of both similar age, it was a bit relaxing for Abby to talk to a girl who knew her stuff. She noticed Ven and smiled but then turned to talk to Kelley again about the same things. "Hey Abby, I have to hand in your application and battle others I guys, I'll see you a bit later, maybe tomorrow" Kelley explained as she quickly finished up with the application form, "Yeah thanks, I'll see you later as well, it is a relief talking to someone who's know their stuff" Abby replied as they parted ways with Abby looking around again for Ven until she decided it would be easy just to find a seat and wait for them to come to her.

Last edited:

BlueMage

~The Boat~

Klein had yet to become acquainted with any of the other students, but decided to enjoy the trip to the school first. Socialization could be saved for once he actually arrived, although Palme begged to differ, as he was still quite eager for Klein to interact with his fellow students, mainly so that he could meet new Pokemon himself. Klein brushed him off, however, assuring him that there'd be plenty of time for that. After all, he'd probably be at the academy for several years, and so would Palme.

Unfortunately, the peaceful if uneventful ride was interrupted by what appeared to be a storm, with thunder and rain roaring across the sky. Living close to the sea in Lilycove City, Klein was quite accustomed to storms and wasn't terribly frightened, although the fact that he was in a boat was enough to startle him. Palme seemed the most scared, tightly holding on to Klein's shoulder. Klein, however, began petting him, assuring him that nothing was wrong, and that the island was just in the horizon.

~The Academy~

The boat eventually docked and all of the students were immediately urged to disembark. Klein certainly didn't waste much time to do so, grabbing all of his things and leaving the boat promptly. Arriving at the island, the students were met by someone claiming to be their tour guide. He seemed a bit obnoxious, but it was nothing that bothered Klein in the slightest. Instead of actually listening to him, Klein admired the island and academy at his own leisure, and was quite impressed with what would be his home for the next several years.

Inside the school, Klein was amazed to see the massive stadium in which he would probably be battling for quite some time, and he and the other students were insttructed that they'd be battling a senior student as part of their entry exam. Though he didn't show it, Klein was quite nervous as this was the first time he would ever battle someone who wasn't his mother, but he was still excited and eager to prove his worth. He got into the line, which advanced quite quickly, and he eventually reached the lady who would attend him.

The lady asked his name, to which he replied "Klein Woodley, from Lilycove!". The lady then gave him some papers, assigning him to battle some girl named Lisa in Sector Four at 1:15. She had been in the academy for two years, and would be using a Misdreavus to battle Klein.

"Misdreavus, huh? That would be a Ghost-type. And you're a Normal-type, Palme. Yes, this will be quite an interesting development, don't you think?

"Pom!" Palme replied anxiously. He wasn't afraid of ghosts, at any rate.

~The Battle!~

Klein walked into the stadium, watching as the other battles developed. Eventually, it was time for his, and he walked into Sector Four, where he was greeted by his opponent, a beautiful young woman named Lisa, with long raven hair and piercing purple eyes. She didn't look that much older than Klein, only about a year or so, but her fierce expression showed that he had experience to spare.

"Welcome, new student! My name is Lisa of Blue Vaporeon, and I will be your opponent today. Shall we begin?" Without even allowing Klein to answer that, Lisa clutched her Pokeball and tossed it into the open air, revealing her Misdreavus who remained floating gracefully but prepared to battle.

"Hello! My name is Klein, and yes, let us begin!" Klein pointed at the arena, indicating for Palme to dash in, which he did. "We can't use any Normal-Type moves Palme, so we're going to have to go with Bounce!"

"Aipom!" Palme jumped into the air, then began to land towards Misdreaves with his feet. However, Misdreavus dodged the attack quite effortlessly, causing Palme to land hard on the ground, which hurt him a bit.

"I'm afraid agressive tactics won't work against a Ghost Pokemon, darling!" The female Misdreavus winked saucily at the male Palme, releasing a flurry of pink hearts which overwhelmed him instantly, causing him to fall in love with the pretty Ghost Pokemon.

"Agh! No! This cannot be happening! Palme, you have to snap out of it!" Unfortunately, his words weren't enough to break Palme from Misdreavus's love spell, and Palme was quickly struck by a powerful Psywave from Misdreavus, sending him flying to the air and then crashing to the ground.

"Come on, Palme! You cannot go down like this. Not after everything we've been through to get here!" Palme was quite weakened at this moment, and was still infatuated to Misdreavus, who charged in with her Payback attack with aim to finish Palme once and for all. At the last minute, however, Palme regained control of himself and quickly stood up.

"What!? That's impossible!" Exclaimed Lisa, shocked.

"Yes! Palme! Now, Astonish!" Just as Misdreavus was about to swoop in with Payback, Aipom did a scary face and shouted at Misdreavus, both harming and frightening it. He then leaped into the air, once again aiming to use Bounce on Misdreavus. Misdreavus was still flinching from Astonish, and thus was unable to dodge the attack this time. Misdreavus was hurled towards the ground, almost incapable of moving.

"Misdreavus, no! Get up!" Lisa urged at her Pokemon, but Misdreavus was to beat up to move, although it was still conscious.

"Looks like we have this bagged, Palme! Finish it off with Astonish!" Klein commanded Palme, fully confident that his battle had been won.

"Not so fast! Misdreavus, Perish Song!" With the last ounce of energy it had left, Misdreavus sang an eerie and chilling melody, briefly stopping Palme in his tracks. Palme, however, continued and once again did Astonish on Misdreavus, knocking it out for good. Mere seconds later, though, Palme himself fainted due to the effects of the Perish Song.

"Augh! Oh no, Palme!" Klein rushed towards his Pokemon, picking it up and cradling it within his arms.

Lisa recalled Misdreavus, thanking her for her efforts, then approaching Klein and Palme. "That was great battle, Klein. It was because of your bond with Aipom that it was able to overcome Misdreavus's Attract, and that shows just how serious and determined you are as a trainer. And don't worry, your Aipom will be just fine."

"Um, right. Thanks!" Klein blushed a bit, and Aipom was able to open his eyes a little, extending his tail towards Klein, which was met with a prompt clap from Klein's hand, which was their signature ritual for well, pretty much everything. Afterward, Lisa left, as she had Klein's application to hand in to the teachers.

Last edited: