• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Regions..

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
I'd say Hoenn it's just like that:
View attachment 12452

You know, Hoenn is my favorite regions, and I think one of the main reasons was that even though it was a pretty varied region, everything still felt (mostly) cohesive. One of the things that bothered me about Kalos is that it felt a bit like a patchwork map. Unova was (to a certain extent) the opposite problem. The cities themselves were pretty varied, but you could never get away from the urbanization for long. Even a lot of the routes were vere developed. It lacked a little bit of variety.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I know i said that Russia and Canada would be good candidates for a new pokemon region a page ago and i just thought of another one...

England and Ireland

Both countries together are just as large as France/Kalos plus there are many possibilities with what they can do with the Irish sea that separates the two as well. Not only that but they can also link them with the war in Kalos since Britain and France have fought each other for the longest.

Curo

Water Trainer
Well, routes with nothing but water problem with Pokémon Ruby can be improved by making a region with mostly water which has a lot of islands with useful stuff on them. Like a shot, a gym, place to train or stuff like that.

I don't think the main problem with the water routes is just the fact that they had mostly water. The main issue is the fact that they had nothing useful like islands with great stuff.

Right. I didn't mean all water. A lot if it could be like near the coast line, but still on land. And the gyms could mostly be on islands. I think it would be cool if they focused on the lendsary pokemon being caught underwater.

RaveJackal

[Ocean Intensifies]
Right. I didn't mean all water. A lot if it could be like near the coast line, but still on land. And the gyms could mostly be on islands. I think it would be cool if they focused on the lendsary pokemon being caught underwater.

Based on the fanbase's extremely negative reaction to half of Hoenn being water routes, I doubt they would ever make another region with so much focus on water. Besides, there would have to be a good reason for an abundance of water other than just being oceanside; Hoenn had Groudon and Kyogre as the main legendaries, which represent land and ocean, respectively. Even with actually useful islands, a half water region would still cause a major backlash from the fanbase, due to Hoenn Routes 105-109 and 122-134 PTSD.

Also, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
So I'm finally going to play through Hoenn...

Can't wait for that.
I wonder if there will be a new sub-region there like the Sevii Islands in FRLG or just something smaller like a new Safari Zone.

Keovix

South America is a good option, there's so much history and mythology that could be used, besides many animals and plants to create new pokemon, also Mew can be tied into the game since it comes from there.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Well, routes with nothing but water problem with Pokémon Ruby can be improved by making a region with mostly water which has a lot of islands with useful stuff on them. Like a shot, a gym, place to train or stuff like that.

I don't think the main problem with the water routes is just the fact that they had mostly water. The main issue is the fact that they had nothing useful like islands with great stuff.

I agree. Any route would be boring if they lacked anything interesting, so they just needed to add in some more stuff. water routes aren't bad by themselves, but when they lack sights to see then they become boring.

StrykerX7

TRUMPETS BE PRAISED
A region based of the southern coast of China and Taiwan would be nice. I can imagine Macau, Hong Kong, and Taipei to be some big cities in a region like that. There are also a couple of peaks in Taiwan that are mandatory in Pokemon games.

Joth

Back from the Dead
Hmm... What about Russia? This could be pretty cool *ba doo ch!* and could have many changes from the other gens because of it's arctic climate in the north... Perhaps the character could begin in this area and we could have an okay ice type, be it starter or the ever present route one rodent, accessible early on in the game... Maybe a region based off of England and Scotland would be neat, too. The water starter could be a Dragon/Water type based off of the Loch Ness Monster!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
If they do England and Scotland, I feel that they might as well add Ireland to it, especially since Ireland seems to be to small for Gamefreak to do a whole region on, and including it with England seems to be the best fit

If they do England and Scotland, I feel that they might as well add Ireland to it, especially since Ireland seems to be to small for Gamefreak to do a whole region on, and including it with England seems to be the best fit
I like the idea of a region based off of England. What do you guys think of a region based off of Italy or Greece? Has anyone said this already?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I like the idea of a region based off of England. What do you guys think of a region based off of Italy or Greece? Has anyone said this already?

If I can remember, I think the town in Pokemon Heros was based off of Italy... I don't know if they would add the town, but that would be really cool if they could put in something from the movies into the game

Joth

Back from the Dead

That would be really cool, but I just hope three land masses would not create too many water routes... If they do have a lot of water routes, I hope they have something interesting like cool islands or dive spots rather than the boring, typical sea routes of Hoenn.

Edit: I guess I was being unfair, the Hoenn sea routes do have cool things like dive spots and the abandoned ship... I suppose I am thinking more of the Kanto and Johto sea routes. It was the sheer number of them in Hoenn that annoied me.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
That would be really cool, but I just hope three land masses would not create too many water routes... If they do have a lot of water routes, I hope they have something interesting like cool islands or dive spots rather than the boring, typical sea routes of Hoenn.

Hoenn also had dive spots and few islands such as the shard house

2797jake

I like the idea of a North American region

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
If they are going to do a region in north america, I could see Canada being used , especially it gives more room for ice types...or in the American midwest. It would be cool to have my hometown of Chicago get made into a region

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
I would like a region based on Brazil, since it's where I live and it would feel somewhat familiar. It would be cool if there was a city based on the city I live in but I don't think it would happen since it is not that well known.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I would like to see the following real life area's to be turned into potential regions:

- Benelux (Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg). North of the Kalos Region
- Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal) South of the Kalos Region. The Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands (Mallorca and kin) and the island of Madeira as area's similar to the Sevii islands

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Maybe a region based off of England and Scotland would be neat, too. The water starter could be a Dragon/Water type based off of the Loch Ness Monster!
More like one of the legendaries...
But yes, a region based on Northern Great Britain would be cool: England and Scotland (maybe Wales) would form the "continental" area while the Ireland island could be the insular area.