• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Regions..

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
I think that a region based off New Zealand could work. NZ is full of rivers, forests, lakes as well as large, snowy mountains. There are also tropical beaches and I'd love to see a Pokémon based off of a kiwi. In NZ, there is a town called Rotorua which is full of geothermal activity, making it full of boiling mud pools and geysers. There is also an active volcano which can be explored. NZ also has not many big cities, Auckland being one of the only ones, all the other cities are quite small. It could also be full of Pokémon such as Mareep (NZ is full of sheep) and Miltank (they export lots of milk and beef overseas) as well as some Pokémon based of kiwi, tuatara (an ancient lizard, could be a fossil Pokémon) taniwha (a legend of a sea dragon) and weta (a giant bug). There are also lots of birds in NZ that don't live anywhere else. A flying type gym would be ideal here as well as a fire type gym (volcanos), bug (lots of bugs) water (lots of lakes, rivers and beaches), grass (forests) and ground (geothermal activity).

Furry_Ninja

Cuddly Assassin
Seeing as how there are a ton of Aus inspired fakemons, Australia would be a very well received and pretty cool region. They could even throw in New Zealand as an extra island area.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Well Personally I love the Idea of having a region based on Australia as i live in Australia and it should have a seperate island down south so like Tasmania and have an event happen there like sinnoh did. Or on the "Tasmania" island there could be the battle frontier there or something?

Wouldn't mind region based on Australia, Africa, Russia, India, South America with jungle (first Pokemon movie), China, Philippine with cleanest city (bet they'll outlaw Garbarbor and Trubbish, Muk and Grimer), and...other

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
I would love a region based on the UK.....but that's mainly because I'm jealous of Paris getting a Pokemon Centre (even if it was only there a little while) and really want a London one..... >.<

Keysmash

buys meat
Unlikely, but I think an 'island chain' based off of the entire globe (obviously without as much detail) would be interesting. The variation in environments would be much less drastic in that it's more believable.

sheerioxo

I'm really excited for the Canada region. Niagara Falls would be such a great addition, and a moose Pokemon would be awesome.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd like to see a region based off of Chicago/Nortern Illinois in the US. Would also love to see one for Egypt and Australia .

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
More like one of the legendaries...
But yes, a region based on Northern Great Britain would be cool: England and Scotland (maybe Wales) would form the "continental" area while the Ireland island could be the insular area.

All of this. It would be like... Sinnoh 2.0.
Also it would either rain, snow or be sunny at random times on random days.

Cerrik

I think a region based on either: New Zealand, Indonesia, or Southeast Asia would be interesting.

While I think the next region would more than likely based on either Canada or Hawaii since the last two Pokémon World championships were held there (due to the fact that Unova came from a visit to NYC & Kalos came from a trip to Paris), I personally wouldn't mind having a region based on Brazil since it's one of the largest countries in South America, it's home to many of the world's most exotic plants and animals, Rio de Janeiro is more identifiable location in today's society, & it could incorporate references from other island-themed locations such as Jamaica, Hawaii, Aruba, & Fiji

Junichi Masuda just Tweeted a picture of a lion, so Africa's probably coming next.

Sinnoh is the best region in my opinion, it wasn't liner like Unova, it wasn't packed with pointless locations like Kanto, it didn't had pacing issues between gyms like Johto and (to a lesser extent) Kalos, and it didn't require the use of Surf 80% of the time like Hoenn did. On top of that i like the overall northern feel of Sinnoh.

What useless Kanto locations are you referencing?

I think that a region based off New Zealand could work. NZ is full of rivers, forests, lakes as well as large, snowy mountains. There are also tropical beaches and I'd love to see a Pokémon based off of a kiwi. In NZ, there is a town called Rotorua which is full of geothermal activity, making it full of boiling mud pools and geysers. There is also an active volcano which can be explored. NZ also has not many big cities, Auckland being one of the only ones, all the other cities are quite small. It could also be full of Pokémon such as Mareep (NZ is full of sheep) and Miltank (they export lots of milk and beef overseas) as well as some Pokémon based of kiwi, tuatara (an ancient lizard, could be a fossil Pokémon) taniwha (a legend of a sea dragon) and weta (a giant bug). There are also lots of birds in NZ that don't live anywhere else. A flying type gym would be ideal here as well as a fire type gym (volcanos), bug (lots of bugs) water (lots of lakes, rivers and beaches), grass (forests) and ground (geothermal activity).

This. Quite possibly the best idea here.

Tonguetyd

Well Personally I love the Idea of having a region based on Australia as i live in Australia and it should have a seperate island down south so like Tasmania and have an event happen there like sinnoh did. Or on the "Tasmania" island there could be the battle frontier there or something?

Impossible, since the real-world Australia exists in Pokemon.

sucer

So there is the "pokemon world map" and then there are the references to South America for example... but is the pokemon world in another planet then?! I'd say yes.

thiagomestres

Nelson Mandela as the Champion would be pretty awesome. Btw, Africa is the origin place, so they could explain the trainers origin. I mean, when we started to train pokémons? Why they help us? Things like that. Hell, i can even picture the main legendary. An evil creature who can mega-evolve into 2 forms, each form is exclusive to one version - similar to BW2. This creature tormented both humans and pokémon, until one day they come together to defeat him. They catch him using the first pokéball created, where he couldn't ever leave, unless someone releases him. The moral would be: separate we are weak, but together we are strong. Wow, what a trip, lol.

I think personally that a Pokemon game based on parts from Latin American history and mythology would make a great generation 7 game. I mean look at the Aztec, Mayans, and the Incas, all great civilizations with their own history and legends. But, the one thing that all three have in common is that they have great ruins, that could make for interesting adventures. They could take pieces from all three civilizations and use them in the game. I thing the game should be located on an island, with several smaller islands surround it, think Cuba as the main island, with Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and the rest of the Caribbean Islands, serving as the smaller islands surround it. Most of the new Pokemon should be tropically based, but also have some of the old ones included. Tropius, Lotad, Corsola, Corphish, Clamperl, Finneon, Krabby, Shellder, Exeggcute, Shuckle, Carnivine, etc. could be the old Pokemon found in this region. I know that I have been going into great detail about a gen 7 Pokemon game, but all I can say is that I love Pokemon.
Latin american history?! Aztec, mayans and incas aren't part of the latin american culture. Quite the opposite, they were destroyed by spanish people and they are the ones who have latin roots. Anyway, the correct term is mesoamerican.

Last edited:

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I was thinking the Middle East like Saudi Arabia or a cool region over there. I think it would be awesome. Like you could ride a camel like Pokemon such as Camerupt or they could come up with a camel like Pokemon maybe implement a Ground/Grass type or Dragon/Grass type. I think it would look great in the Middle East.

AlchemistAzure

I was thinking the Middle East like Saudi Arabia or a cool region over there. I think it would be awesome. Like you could ride a camel like Pokemon such as Camerupt or they could come up with a camel like Pokemon maybe implement a Ground/Grass type or Dragon/Grass type. I think it would look great in the Middle East.

Not sure the Middle East is a good idea. They'd have to be way careful on what new Pokemon to add, so as not to offend anyone. (someone will still get offended undoubtedly)

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Not sure the Middle East is a good idea. They'd have to be way careful on what new Pokemon to add, so as not to offend anyone. (someone will still get offended undoubtedly)

Lol I was afraid I'd get this comment. I don't think its that controversial. The Middle East is beautiful I honestly don't know what could offend somebody.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
There are so many place in the world that would be great models for exciting Pokémon region, personally I would like to see a South American region or more European regions (if they do them correctly). I think that the Middle East will probably be avoided for more innocuous locations as cool as it would be. I think that a place that could have a real Pokémon safari would also be really neat.