• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Regulus: A Region and Fakemon Project

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I like the designs. I'm glad the vladicore turned out dark/poison, it fits best.
I also love the new ability, corrosive. It is very inventive and from a competitive point of view very intriguing.

Last edited:

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Im not a big fan of those kinds of names, but i sure do like how they look. I love the whale ones the most.

ZoruaGirl27

Queen of Angst
Something that I just noticed: in Shrublin's ability section, it says that the ability "Pickpocket" shields from critical hits, which it does not; I think you meant "Battle Armor," judging by the fact that Trolliath has Battle Armor.

I don't have time to go very in-depth, but I do have to say this lest I go insane from keeping it in: TRACKER WOULD BE THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME ABILITY EVER. Because I absolutely HATE Double Team and Minimize.

Vern

Why not both?
Okay, I'm no art critic so I can;t give very good advice, but they look brilliant.

Magistrum

Admiral Cawmodore
Something that I just noticed: in Shrublin's ability section, it says that the ability "Pickpocket" shields from critical hits, which it does not; I think you meant "Battle Armor," judging by the fact that Trolliath has Battle Armor.

I don't have time to go very in-depth, but I do have to say this lest I go insane from keeping it in: TRACKER WOULD BE THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME ABILITY EVER. Because I absolutely HATE Double Team and Minimize.

Urp... I'll fix that when i get the time haha. Shrublin's ability is actually pickpocket, it's just i must have forgotten to edit the description from trolliath's template. Thanks for the heads up!

Meanwhile, a little update: One of my 580 BST legends, based on the azure dragon of feng shui celestial beasts. Introducing Tohwyrm!
eLl4FLc.png

And of course, the other celestial beasts (red phoenix, white tiger, black turtle, yellow dragon) are next, forming the feng shui quintet of my dex. Stay tuned!

Izanagi

'Sup!
Back here again! Still think this is one the better thread if not the best.
Plenty of stuff in writing is very interesting to say the least. Again, you have good ideas. Did you do all this yourself or do you have help?
Off topic, I used to have tons of ideas for my own Fakemon game way back when I just never keep up with it. I made an entire fakedex once.

Last edited:

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Wow, you've really put in a lot of work on this! This is probably the most extensive fanart project I've seen. Personally, my favorite fakemon are Cellectro and Cosmica since they're fairly simple in design. While the rest do seem to deviate from the traditional Pokemon style they could easily be used in a future video game or something if you decide to make your own IP

mia197

The main protagonist is so perfect, I loved her design. I've always wanted a redhead female protagonist and a blond male protagonist, or possibly some dark-skinned, as the player always has the same brown hair tone. With the exception of Serena, who has lighter hair.

In addition, your Pokemon are perfect, it would be lovely that many of the ideas were in the games.

I'm excited to see the male protagonist and also the rival design and plot.

If you draw the cities, one by one, it would be nice that you to do as in games and inspired in a country or region. But it is only an idea, of course, since it should be a lot of work to design it all.

Magistrum

Admiral Cawmodore
Back here again! Still think this is one the better thread if not the best.
Plenty of stuff in writing is very interesting to say the least. Again, you have good ideas. Did you do all this yourself or do you have help?
Off topic, I used to have tons of ideas for my own Fakemon game way back when I just never keep up with it. I made an entire fakedex once.
Thanks Izanagi! This is a solo project so yeah I've been doing this myself. I do get design critique from my friends from Pokemon Showdown's Art Chatroom though. But yeah everything here is designed by me.
Wow, you've really put in a lot of work on this! This is probably the most extensive fanart project I've seen. Personally, my favorite fakemon are Cellectro and Cosmica since they're fairly simple in design. While the rest do seem to deviate from the traditional Pokemon style they could easily be used in a future video game or something if you decide to make your own IP
Thanks Skullkraken! Yes if I finish this dex, I'll be working on spriting them next, and then try making this into a fangame :3
The main protagonist is so perfect, I loved her design. I've always wanted a redhead female protagonist and a blond male protagonist, or possibly some dark-skinned, as the player always has the same brown hair tone. With the exception of Serena, who has lighter hair.

In addition, your Pokemon are perfect, it would be lovely that many of the ideas were in the games.

I'm excited to see the male protagonist and also the rival design and plot.

If you draw the cities, one by one, it would be nice that you to do as in games and inspired in a country or region. But it is only an idea, of course, since it should be a lot of work to design it all.
Oh, haha I was actually planning on a blonde guy as the male MC. About the city artworks, yes that's really tedious lol so I probably wont be doing that. But I'm all up for drawing a regionwide artwork similar to the free Kalos Region poster and the Hoenn Region artwork for ORAS :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fakemon updates:

First up is supposedly my Audino/Chansey nursemon counterpart, based on toothfairies XD presenting Cuspix!
IXPPWYu.png
Yeah, 170 base HP with 5 base Sp.Def. XD kinda like chansey except weak on the special side instead.

Next up is a turtle family whose role is to disguise as pokeballs, much like Electrode/Amoonguss families. Presenting Turtlica and Dewptoise!
kZAmvWb.png

rdAwjju.png
Yeah the names are kinda cheesy, I know >_< Simple + Shell Smash shenanigans FTW!!

Next is another cheesy-named fakemon a cockroach fakemon that uses Rorschach patterns. Here's Roachach!
X0EFWL9.png
And last is a Grass/Electric line based on bioluminescent mushrooms: Lampuff and Phospore!
1YP5y7s.png

n5utY8a.png
Yeah I know they're a bit too saturated, but that's the way I wanted it for these two haha XD

Magistrum

Admiral Cawmodore
THREAD REVIVAL!

Whew it's been a while since I've posted here. On with the fakemons!

This is my early bird line based on the Woodpecker: Chiculet, Peckeroo and Bunkreckr!
YYBNHGJ.png
gp3gSlN.png
KYPhGjB.png

The mandatory Pikaclone of my dex: Birinne!
10ASZHT.png

Here's another forme of Vendorsa, which is obtained by evolving it on Tuesdays: Vendorsa Silk Forme!
Ny8wHyJ.png

My Desert Plantmon based on the Aloe Vera: Chlorovera!
yfoPh30.png

Next is a Bug line based on Ants, which has gender-exclusive evolutions! Presenting Larvant, Raidiant and Gaiantess!
VZwfj62.png
OIMUjlL.png
0YyfkTz.png

Next, a Water/Dark line based on Krill and Mantis Shrimp. Here's Shrimpip and Prwnage!
HuBCqKr.png
gw7lzzY.png

And finally, one of the members of my legendary quintet based on feng shui celestial beasts: Tohwyrm
eLl4FLc.png

DANdotW

Previously Iota
These are actually pretty amazing! I can't wait to see more from you! :)

lakarr

Wow, these are amazing! The colors on the water starters and the stala- line are so pleasing to the eye; keep up the good work! :D

Masterballer

My favorite 3 are komolten, drasilikos, and aguilari. However all of them are amazing and you should definitely make this a fan game at the very least. Heck, you could probably pitch this to game freak and make a while lot of money