• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Riddle

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
Is it Pichu?

AuraKingVII

Elite Trainer
I'll make a wild guess and say it's Pupitar.

- "...I have evolved, but I will yet again" clearly indicts it's a middle-stage Pokemon
- "...a killing machine with a smile on its face" makes me think of Gengar... but I have no idea where to go from there
- "The mountains have shaped me..." this is the part that lead me to the Tyranitar line

Quite a mind-boggling riddle this is, clues buried among rhymes. There are so many lines that take me in completely different directions...

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
I'm going to guess Krokorok. It's not a mutant, for starters.

"A killing machine with a smile on its face" makes me think of Genesect, but Krookodile fits the bill too.
"I have evolved, but I will again" means it's a middle-stage Pokemon.
"The mountains have shaped me" sort of fits considering he's a Ground-type.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Hmm, "Of blobs and mice" could be referencing Ditto and Rattata...

Boldore, possibly? It's the only middle-stage Rock that hasn't been asked.

Also, I think we're due for a hint. :p

First hint: every single line in the poem is significant and gives a clue. Except maybe the mutant line.

Also, repost:

Sorry I’m late, but now I’m here.
I am not a mutant, so have no fear.
Based on your knowledge of blobs and mice,
You may assume things about me, but think twice.
A few years ago, my mom was replaced
By a killing machine with a smile on its face.
The mountains have shaped me and I have evolved,
But I will yet again. Can this riddle be solved?

Zapphire

This is a difficult one... I'm going with Vanillish. I only have a few reasonings for that, they aren't that good, though. It has evolved but will evolve again, it's from the fifth gen (which the first line points toward), it is mutant-like so it would have to say its not a mutant, the whole mother/killing machine thing might refer to an ice cream factory, and mice might be attracted to blobs of ice cream. I know these aren't the best reasons, but like I said, I'm going with Vanillish.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Sorry I'm late, but now I'm here: This gives the indication that it was scrapped from one generation, but added to another. So... Kanto to Johto seems likely.
Based on your knowledge of blobs and mice: Ditto is a blob, and Rattata is a mouse. They're both useless Normal-types, so that could help.
You may assume things about me, but think twice: People think it's another gimmick, but it isn't.
A few years ago, my mom was replaced: Possibly hinting to an artificial Pokemon.
By a killing machine with a smile on its face: There are many possibilities for this. Gengar, Genesect, Metagross...
The mountains have shaped me and I have evolved: This points to an evolved Ground- or Rock-type. Or... a Pokemon that lives in caves!
But I will yet again. Can this riddle be solved?: So, a middle evo. And no, it can't.

EDIT: Ignore my last answer. I think the answer is... Missingno. It just makes sense.

Last edited:

Jordie

Bang!
Changing my guess, I think it's Rhydon, because Rhyhorn's mom (Rhydon) would be replaced Rhyperior (Who smiles)

Last edited:

Recon

Time for me to start shooting in the dark!

Clefairy!